NBA Live 10 Q&A Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Re: NBA Live 10 Q&A Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am

It's perfectly in-line with EA's policy of removing features and then bringing it back in a future release to maintain it's 'freshness'.
Expect in-games saves to be back next year.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby natu718 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Hello
I ask the function of the PSP version.

・Can a new player be made?
・Can an existing player be edited?
natu718

Postby Chaoot on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Another question, how are generated rookies? Hope it's not still a bunch of white bold guys with moustaches, of which the appearance changes once the season starts...
... Operari sequitur esse ...
Chaoot

Postby Fozzrat on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:44 pm

in pasta padres player ratings A lot of players who were not signed before ea sports cut off date are all rated 68 speed 68 acl 74 and are small forwards will we get these players still. eg (d.collison,p.beverley,s.gladyr,h.norel)
Fozzrat

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Sorry for the delay everyone but I've gotten to the latest questions. Please feel free to keep sending them in, something I forgot to mention before is that I'm playing the Xbox 360 version of NBA Live 10. So, if the question is PS3 specific or about the PSP version, I can't help you there. Most aspects of the Xbox 360 and PS3 version are identical of course but there console specific hardware features and the like, so in those cases I can only speak for the Xbox 360. Sorry for any confusion, perhaps someone else can step in and answer any PS3 and PSP questions in my stead.

The X wrote:1. How's CPU AI Trade Logic in Dynasty Mode?
2. Do teams tend to play like you would expect them to (e.g. GSW shot-happy, Spurs more half court)?
3. How do other team's star players go? Hard to contain? Does the CPU look for them?
4. Is there a noticeable PG dominance?

1. Worst trade I've seen so far is TJ Ford for Chris Bosh. I've also seen LeBron traded for Carmelo, which isn't too bad but of course a bit silly. Jermaine O'Neal for Shaquille O'Neal was another. On the whole it's not horrendously bad, I'd say the simulated stats are still the worst part about Dynasty this year.

2. I have noticed some differences. I haven't played everyone yet and I want to check out some of the teams I've been playing with (but not against) so far but I did notice that Phoenix were trying to push the ball more than the other teams I've played so far, running as they were trying to do once Gentry took over. It's looking like there's more differentiation than before but I'm still making some comparisons and trying out everyone out.

3. The stars seem to be the ones getting the most shots so you do have to worry about them. Using the Suns game again (as it's the most recent one I played), Amar'e was posting up, putting the ball on the floor a few times and even taking some jumpshots from a range that he will attempt jumpers from in real life. If I left him open or he had a mismatch, the CPU did seem to look to exploit it but I wouldn't say that they're impossible to contain. It feels more in line with how it should be and the DNA seems to be having them do the kind of things you would expect.

4. This is a funny one. Sometimes it feels like there's point guard dominance, but then you look at the stats after the game and that isn't really the case. If you leave the lane wide open, you'll find that point guards to punish you but if you do a good job defensively and don't leave huge gaping holes for them to get to the basket, they'll be looking to set up the play. Of course, some point guards do look to score and they will take a lot of shots, but I don't know if I'd say there is an issue of point guard dominance. As I said sometimes it feels that way, but then looking at the stats afterwards they don't support that in terms of points or shot attempts. Moreso than before, the right players are getting the ball and taking the shots.

bksboywonder1 wrote:Andrew I’m still in the mist of making a decision and wanted to know if they fix the AI when you’re locked on one player. Does the CPU (teammates) make passes and shoot on their own?

Is there an upload picture feature on the create a player options?

Thanks again

1. No, they don't. If you like playing with Player Lock, you'll be disappointed this year.

2. No such feature as far as I can see.

mrnatural wrote:Andrew - apologies cause this is a PS3 newbie question. First year playing on PS3... Now my question:

Is there a way to save a playoff bracket in progress (on a usb drive) and then load the saved playoff bracket on to another PS3. My friends and I run tournaments/playoffs for bragging rights and we used to always save on the PS2 Memory card and continue another time, or at another friend's house.

I would assume so. I'm playing on Xbox 360 so I can't test that for you, sorry.

toyotascionxd wrote:Can you know play season mode on Live 2010. last year whenever I selected Season mode, it seems that the CPU is doing all the non realistic trades. I tried modifying the settings and the cpu still screws up the season by making those stupid trades. If that's the case then I won't buy this game at all. I've been an nba live fan through the years. Sad to say when I started playing 2k9 that made me less interested in this game.

You can play a single season by selecting the "Season" option when starting a new Dynasty. However, it's basically the same as Dynasty Mode, just without multiple season play.

tracy1mcgrady4life wrote:andrew,
can you tell me what the heck is wrong with the "Shooter's Mentality" rating??

Um...no, not really. I can't really answer questions like that, I'm not on the development team so I can't answer questions about the "why". I can give impressions and answer pretty much any question about what's in the game but questions like that are best directed to a producer.

nivlag3 wrote:hi, this is my first post here..

my question is, if there is a way that we could switch the user control to none when playing games in dynasty mode?

what I usually do when playing dynasty mode is that i do a player lock and whenever that player sits down i just let the cpu vs cpu continue the game.

Thanks..

Welcome to the Forum. :) You can choose not to control a team when you start a game in Dynasty Mode, however you can't switch control to the other team or switch to CPU vs CPU once you start the game.

lexcoupe2100 wrote:Are you able to play fewer games in a dynasty mode? Like 29 instead of 82?

No, it's 82 games only for Dynasty Mode.

dshibshm wrote:But why are 3point and dunk contests out?

As I understand it, they've been removed because of various bugs and issues that the Dev Team were not happy with, with an eye to bringing them back at some point down the road. There's no guarantee that they'll be back in NBA Live 11 but hopefully they'll be back at some point. Beyond that I couldn't tell you, not being on the Dev Team myself.

natu718 wrote:Hello
I ask the function of the PSP version.

・Can a new player be made?
・Can an existing player be edited?

I'm playing the Xbox 360 version so I can't help you with PSP questions, sorry.

Chaoot wrote:Another question, how are generated rookies? Hope it's not still a bunch of white bold guys with moustaches, of which the appearance changes once the season starts...

No, they have different appearances. Not a huge variety, but it's acceptable. Some weird generated appearances though, including black players with blonde facial hair.

Fozzrat wrote:in pasta padres player ratings A lot of players who were not signed before ea sports cut off date are all rated 68 speed 68 acl 74 and are small forwards will we get these players still. eg (d.collison,p.beverley,s.gladyr,h.norel)

That kind of stuff will be updated by NBA Live 365.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:18 am

Andrew wrote:Some weird generated appearances though, including black players with blonde facial hair.

That's not weird.

Q:
How do your CPU teammates react to a broken play that you called?

Do each arena feel different from each other, like sounds and atmosphere? Say if you're in Dallas when Jason Terry scores theres usually that jet sound or in missing FTs there's usually that mocking laugh in the arena, or that annoying cowbells in Utah? when shooting FTs.

How about CPU defense when the shotclock is winding down, do they pressure you more or it just plays the way it play D for your whole possession?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby dshibshm on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 am

Starting lineups
dshibshm

Postby Hotwater10 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:50 am

Can I draft FIBA players in the Fantasy Draft?
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby CHITOWN BULLZ!!! on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:11 pm

where is the rockets new jersey?
CHITOWN BULLZ!!!

Postby toyotascionxd on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:34 pm

So basically the season mode on live 2010 is similar to last year were the cpu initiates the trade? If that's the case then goodbye nba live :lol:
toyotascionxd

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 am

shadowgrin wrote:Q:
How do your CPU teammates react to a broken play that you called?

Do each arena feel different from each other, like sounds and atmosphere? Say if you're in Dallas when Jason Terry scores theres usually that jet sound or in missing FTs there's usually that mocking laugh in the arena, or that annoying cowbells in Utah? when shooting FTs.

How about CPU defense when the shotclock is winding down, do they pressure you more or it just plays the way it play D for your whole possession?

1. They'll still move around and try to get open but obviously there is a moment where the offense stalls, the play having broken down and not been executed properly.

2. Yes, there's arena and player specific sounds and I'd have to say that it does add to the atmosphere. They're small touches but you do think "Oh, that's pretty cool" when you come across them.

3. About the same. A bigger problem is that sometimes the CPU seems to forget itself when one of their plays breaks down and the ballhandler will dribble out the clock and fire up what is often a bad shot. It doesn't happen all the time but it is a glitch that's present in the AI.

Hotwater10 wrote:Can I draft FIBA players in the Fantasy Draft?

Unfortunately not.

CHITOWN BULLZ!!! wrote:where is the rockets new jersey?

There have been allusions to downloadable content adding new jerseys to the game and there's always the possibility that it will be unlockable via a code, so I'd say it's possible that it will be made available to us at some point. As for why it's not originally included, I can only speculate. My guess would be that the late unveiling combined with the fact that it's an alternate (and therefore not really quite as important as including the new primary jerseys for the Bobcats or Sixers, for example) is the reason it's not on the disc...assuming of course it's not unlockable.

toyotascionxd wrote:So basically the season mode on live 2010 is similar to last year were the cpu initiates the trade? If that's the case then goodbye nba live :lol:

Yes. If you don't like having CPU initiated trades then you won't like your options in NBA Live 10.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby andyroser on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:14 am

Do you happen to know the song/piece of music used during the pre game loading screen? (When it shows you the team arena from outside?)
andyroser

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:25 pm

No idea of the name, sorry. It's reminiscent of the themes currently used by both ESPN and TNT for their NBA broadcasts, though it's certainly neither of them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby hanxiudiandi on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:17 am

Every time i try to play post-up in the paint, AI will double my player immediately.

Nothing i can do about this, i just can't play a traditional center in live 2010.

In the other way, Computer never play post-up in the game even they have D Howard versus Kobe in the paint.

I am freaking out. Can you help me with that ,Andrew?
hanxiudiandi

Postby toyotascionxd on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:49 am

Andrew I've been playing NBA live since they came out with NBA Live 95. I would have to agree that there were some improvements in terms of player moves and the like. I usually play season mode and not dynasty mode. As much as possible I want the season to be as realistic as the current season. Thanks for informing me about this. I would have to stick with NBA 2k10 instead.
toyotascionxd

Postby Hotwater10 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:56 am

Is Ricky Rubio on the T-Wolves too?
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:08 am

no he's not, only on the Spanish team
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 pm

hanxiudiandi wrote:Every time i try to play post-up in the paint, AI will double my player immediately.

Nothing i can do about this, i just can't play a traditional center in live 2010.

In the other way, Computer never play post-up in the game even they have D Howard versus Kobe in the paint.

I am freaking out. Can you help me with that ,Andrew?

Not sure what to suggest there, sorry. I haven't experienced any problems like that as far as the post game is concerned.

toyotascionxd wrote:Andrew I've been playing NBA live since they came out with NBA Live 95. I would have to agree that there were some improvements in terms of player moves and the like. I usually play season mode and not dynasty mode. As much as possible I want the season to be as realistic as the current season. Thanks for informing me about this. I would have to stick with NBA 2k10 instead.

Dynamic Season might deliver that experience for you, though if you don't want to play with real NBA transactions either then you're out of luck there as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mitch820 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:24 pm

I got the game yesterday and I have one question,

How do u choose which 8 players are in the hangar, or is it totally random?
If it is random, then the hangar is just pointless because you can't practice with who you want to.
The Academy was heaps better.
mitch820

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 pm

I believe it's random as I've yet to find an option for that either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mitch820 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Ok, Thanks anyway Andrew.
EA do some weird things.
mitch820

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:16 pm

It's certainly unsuitable for anyone who wants an in-depth practice mode, it's more just getting a feel for the game and controls with random players. The Hangar's not a bad concept in my view, but as a practice mode it is lacking.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kietsmark on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:32 am

how can we apply lock-on-d? is it the same as the assist defense (R1)? i tried it but it fails... most of the times when i put my selected to player to R1 mode it will guard the nearest opponent player to him. like a Center guarding a PG. is there any way to do it like in nba 09?
kietsmark

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:54 pm

They revamped the player interactions so there's no Lockdown Defense in the game...at least, not in the same way as 09. The Defensive Assist (RB on 360, R1 on PS3) will help you keep your position and find your man on defense but you've still got to anticipate your opponent's moves and react accordingly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kietsmark on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm

sigh* thanks andrew for the reply. how i wish they put back the lock-on d.
kietsmark

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 10