RTRC: |8-1| Week 3 Results + Week 4 Review

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

RTRC: |8-1| Week 3 Results + Week 4 Review

Postby H00PL0VE on Sun May 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Editor's Note: Alright guys, here's my attempt at an Association. Lamrock gave me the idea of just using a team that already has the pieces, because I'm on the PS2, so the draft class won't really matter to this team. The season will start from the 2009-2010 season meaning I will be simming the entire first season up until after the Playoffs. I've noticed a lot of people are including stories in their Associations so I will try and do the same as well. I will also include a "Coaches Corner" section in which it will discuss the Coaches thoughts, strategies and/or comments throughout the season. Basically, it's meant to take you in the mind of the Head Coach. So without further ado, here goes:
"Return to Rip City: A Portland Trailblazers Association"

Game: NBA 2k9 (PS2)
Rosters: Updated (As Close As I Can Get It)
Sliders: Set to My Game Style
Number of Players: 1
Season Length: 82
Preseason Games: On
Trade Deadline: On
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Team Chemistry: On (Off For Simmed Season)
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes

Depth Chart/Preseason Opener
Preseason Game 2 Against Memphis
Start of Season/Lamarcus Aldridge Issue

2009-2010 Staff Signing Period: Part 1
2009-2010 Staff Signing Period: Part 3
I'm Trusting You & Only You

2009-2010 Season in Review
2009-2010 Staff Signing Period: Part 2
Team Options/Player Re-Signing Period
NBA Draft/ Free Agency Period: Part 1
Free Agency Period: Part 2
Free Agency Period: Part 3
2009-2010 Portland Trail Blazer's Preseason Wrap-Up
2009-2010 Depth Chart
Trade Talks in Portland

Week 1 Review
Week 2 Review
Week 3 Review
Week 4 Review

Week 1 Results
Week 2 Results
Week 3 Results

-COMING SOON-

North West Division Preview
Pacific Division Preview
South West Division Preview
Atlantic Division Preview
Central Division Preview
South East Division Preview
Last edited by H00PL0VE on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 52 times in total.
H00PL0VE

Postby H00PL0VE on Sun May 24, 2009 3:37 pm

RETURN TO RIP CITY: A PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS ASSOCIATION

Finally, it begins.

Blazer fans have every reason to be excited about this team. With a once-in-a-lifetime big man, two nearly-established stars, and an exciting European import, Blazers fans are believing that they will be tasting something more than just a playoff berth.

The Blazers’ expected improvement has even caused some analysts to draw comparisons to the performance of the 2007-2008 New Orleans Hornets, who surprised the league by snagging a high seed in the playoffs.

But this year’s Blazers are not the 2007-2008 Hornets. Unlike that New Orleans team, which was focused mainly on the play of Chris Paul and David West, this Trail Blazers squad is overflowing with talented and contributing players.

What’s more is that the Blazers this year, more so than any other NBA franchise, are overcome with storylines. Whether it be a healthy Greg Oden stepping onto the court, the play and production of Spanish sensation Rudy Fernandez, or LaMarcus Aldridge’s ascension into star status, each one of Portland’s players has something specific to prove this year after making it to the NBA Playoff's last season.

But with all these colliding motives and aspirations, someone has to be left in the dust in Rip City. Over the next year, Kevin Pritchard will have to make some tough decisions as to who he wants to prioritize on this roster. Having an abundance of talent is great, but many of these guys will need more minutes than Portland will be able to offer in order to meet their full potential.

For you diehard Blazer fans out there, the possibility of Nic Batum’s insertion into the starting lineup is old news. A few weeks ago, Coach Nate McMillan began to play with the idea of starting Nic alongside Brandon Roy, Steve Blake, Oden and Aldridge. McMillan’s experimentation with Nic at the starting small forward spot speaks volumes to this kid’s potential to grow and progress. In the Vegas Summer League, Batum was virtually nonexistent, averaging a measly 6.8 ppg and 4.6 rpg over an 27 minutes. In the Blazers’ preseason, Batum’s stats are nearly identical (save a few rebounds) and he has even started to figure out how to best utilize his long limbs to get blocks.

In addition, Blazer players, coaches, and even fans will tell you that Nic is mature beyond his years and is comfortable playing within the game. The incredible jump Batum has made from raw prospect to potential role player in just a matter of weeks should scare the likes of Travis Outlaw and Martell Webster.

If Outlaw gets beaten out for the starting forward nod, a move which looks likely given Travis’ success in the second unit, both he and fellow underachiever Martell Webster may have trouble taking the position back. Assuming Batum does in fact end up starting for a majority of the games for the Blazers this year, expect Outlaw or Webster to be packaged for a more reliable veteran during the off-season.

At the end of the day, no one is a better evaluator of a good NBA player than NBA coaches, and Oden will benefit from that. If Greg can have such a successful year that he makes the All-Star team, expect the Blazers to begin looking into moving some of their other big men.

Channing Frye has found a good role in Portland as a center who can play on the perimeter, while Joel Pryzbilla has been integral as a backup enforcer to Oden in the preseason. Between the two of them, Pryzbilla definitely seems less attached to Portland and more likely to search for a starter’s role elsewhere.

Unfortunately, due to Oden’s propensity for foul trouble and the lack of serviceable seven-foot defenders in the league, Pryzbilla is the more valuable piece. Kevin Pritchard will have to make a tough choice if he wants to open up more minutes for his former No. 1 pick.

Of all the guys on the team, Outlaw, Pryzbilla, and Webster stand the greatest chance of being traded. But that could also change in relation to the point guard spot, a position that many have pointed to as the Blazer's weakness.

If Jerryd Bayless is unable to develop into a pass-first point in the next year, Portland may try to trade the talented combo guard while his value is at its highest. Meanwhile, if Sergio Rodriguez cannot limit his turnovers or if Steve Blake continues to be a major defensive liability, expect Pritchard to package one of them with Raef LaFrentz’s expiring contract for a more reliable veteran point.

If it’s a concrete prediction you want, I would put my money on Outlaw being traded by next summer. We need Webster’s outside shooting, and Pryzbilla’s toughness. We do not need another high-flying dunker.

With Batum and an improved Channing Frye, the loss of Travis can easily made up for. There is no reason for KP to not pull the trigger if a package of Travis, LaFrentz, and a draft pick could land a more established veteran along the lines of Tayshaun Prince or Richard Jefferson.

Time will only tell, but some things are going to have to change.

Source: Bleacher Report (With minor tweeks)
Last edited by H00PL0VE on Mon May 25, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
H00PL0VE

Postby H00PL0VE on Sun May 24, 2009 4:50 pm

McMillan addresses his departure from Portland.

With camera's flashing and reporters asking a plethora amount of questions, Portland's now former head coach, Nate McMillan, must sit and address the city and the entire NBA world about his early departure from the Portland Trail Blazers' organization. However, before we can understand why McMillan has been let go, we must first back track into the story...

-June 23, 2009-

With just days before the Staff Signing Period, Kevin Pritchard began going through his list of expired staff personnel. With the 2008-2009 season officially over, and after the Portland Trailblazers made an early exit in the 1st round to the Lakers, Pritchard knew he had a lot of prioritizing to do for the next season. One of his biggest challenges came when he came across head coach, Nate McMillan's name. After seeing his team self-destruct in the playoffs, Pritchard knew that it wasn't the team but how they were coached.

McMillan was running a run n' gun scheme on a team that best plays running pick and rolls and pounding the ball inside. He recalled a conversation he had with McMillan in which they discussed the gameplan for the team. When McMillan brought up the idea of using a run n' gun style of play, Pritchard was quick to reject the idea stating that the team does not perform well within that system and would much rather have his team go with the style of play that they're used to rather then switch it up on them.

Game's 1 through 4 of the Playoff's showed the Trail Blazers getting sweeped by the Laker's due to the run n' gun style of play that they weren't used to playing. The Laker's easily man handled the Blazer's in a 4-0 sweep in the 1st round.

Snapping back to reality, Pritchard knew that McMillan was going to have to go. Not only did the team lose in the 1st round, but their trust in McMillan fell to the ground as well. Picking up his cell phone, Pritchard knew that this was the right move in order to better the team in the future. "Hello, Nate? Hey it's Kevin. I was wondering if maybe you could stop by the office tomorrow- say 5 o' clock?" Pritchard waited for the answer, "Yeah. You can? Great. See you soon."

-June 24, 2009-

Awaiting the arrival of McMillan, Pritchard began rationalizing, deciding on how to tell Nate the bad news. Almost immediately, Nate McMillan knocked on the door and Pritchard invited him in.

"Nate! Hey man, how are you doing?" Pritchard asked. Not knowing what's about to happen, Nate responded, "Nothing much man, just enjoying this time off before the next season." Kevin looked even more upset about breaking the bad news, but he knew it must be done. "Listen, next season is exactly what I call you in for." Taking a deep breathe while staring out his 20 story high rise, Pritchard continued, "You know, the team hasn't exactly been on the same page after last season's early exit. A lot of the media have pointed blame on the player not playing to their full potential but I think I found out what the problem was." McMillan looked on, intrigued. "The problem was you Nate. I told you from the get-go that my Blazers were not a run n' gun team. You didn't listen and it got us a 4-0 sweep by the Lakers. A lot of the players are saying that should they of played their regular style, you know, the style that got them to the playoffs, then they wold've had a much more successful playoff stand."

McMillan, now confused and a bit uneasy said, "What? No! We practiced the scheme and they got it right! They go it right Kevin!" Pritchard responded, "Then why didn't the team look like they got it? Listen, I dont want to spark a huge argument here. The bottom line is you're out Nate. I'm sorry. I've hired somebody else to replace you as the teams new head coach and I will need to you to pack your things out the teams locker room as soon as possible." A moment of silence passed by before Nate began ranting and cursing and pointing fingers. "You know, I did a lot of good things for this organization Kevin. For you to just drop me after one little slip up is unheard of!" Pritchard rebutted, "It was a mistake that wasn't suppose to happen Nate and quite frankly, I wasn't too bought on you being the head coach for the team for this long!"

After hours of non-stop arguing and ranting, McMillan stormed out of Kevin's office slamming the door in the process. After taking a couple of minutes to gather himself, Kevin Pritchard picked up his phone and dialed a number, "Hey it's me. Can you show up for a press conference on the 26th to announce your arrival and position as the team's new head coach?... Great. I'll see you in a couple of days."

Hanging up the phone, Pritchard continued to stare out his 20 story high rise and told himself, "Everything's going to work out. Next year is our year and I'll be damned if we go out 4-0 again in the playoffs."
Last edited by H00PL0VE on Mon May 25, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
H00PL0VE

Postby H00PL0VE on Mon May 25, 2009 2:34 am

Blazers & Lucas agree to a new contract.

The Portland Tribune | Wed, June 24, 2009

With the 2009-2010 Staff Signing Period underway, it seems that Portland's assistant coach, Marice Lucas, have agreed to a new contract. Lucas (shown above) helped the team in it's success reaching the 1st round of the playoffs and improving the teams record from the previous season. The new contract will lock Marice Lucas through 6 seasons to a wage of $1.05M per year.

The Trailblazers have also hired trainer, Calvin Booth, to a 3 year deal worth $600K.

In light of these new personnel changes, Kevin Pritchard has also hired scout, John May, to a 6 year deal worth $750K. He will work alongside scout, Bobby Mason who has 2 years left on his contract.

Also, with the release of Nate McMillan from the Blazers' organization, it seems GM Kevin Pritchard has his eyes set on a much more reliable head coach. On June 26, 2009, Pritchard and the rest of the Trail Blazer organization will announce the team's new head coach during a press conference scheduled by Pritchard himself.
Last edited by H00PL0VE on Mon May 25, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
H00PL0VE

Postby H00PL0VE on Mon May 25, 2009 3:04 am

Blazers will look to start new season with new personnel.

Portland Press Conference Meeting | Fri, June 26, 2009

Entering the second day of the Staff Signing Period, GM Kevin Pritchard had high hopes of his new appointed Head Coach. As he walked down the ramp to head to his proper seat, Pritchard noticed his team in the back attending the conference as well.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Today is a great day for us, Portland Trail Blazer, fans. Today is the day we will appoint a new head coach to lead this team to yet another Playoff Berth and perhaps further than the 1st round." Immediately the reporters began going crazy asking all sorts of questions. "Now, now, please, let me finish. You can ask questions after I introduce this young kid. This guy doesn't have any head coaching history but has a keen sense of the game. He knows enough to know that sometimes changing things up isn't always the best."

The media looked on, anticipating the introduction of the Trail Blazers new head coach. "So, without further ado, let's all stand up and applaud the Portland Trail Blazer's new head coach.... HOOPLOVE!!!" As the camera-men and everybody elsewith camera turned their attention to the left of the room, in came a 6'3" slim young man dressed in a very elegant suit. As he made his way to GM Kevin Pritchard, he looked in the back and saw his new team raise their fists in acception and appreciation.

Now on the stage, HoopLove & Pritchard shook hands and took a bout 10 seconds for camera to catch this new partnership. As HoopLove sat down, not even 3 seconds passed before the first question was asked. "HoopLove, how do you expect to turn this team around and guide them down the right direction?" Without hesitation, he answered, "This team is already going down the right direction. Nothing is left to turn about this team. They have all the talent and all the potential in the world to accomplish what they want to accomplish. As far as guiding them, I will look to instill a "run the shot clock" scheme which is the scheme that me and Pritchard had agreed to awhile ago."

More questions followed, but HoopLove continued answering the first question. "This team is very young so of course it would be easy to run and run n' gun scheme with them- however, that is not the way to win. Not many teams will go far using that scheme. In the end it's about execution and precise play running. And as the team's new head coach I will look to instill that system here in Portland."

Next question followed, "HoopLove, how do you expect to get the respect of the team knowing you're around the same age as they are maybe older?" HoopLove laughed and responded, "You just answered your own question. I am around the same age as these guys which means we will all have a betteru nderstanding of each other. And as for respect, I think I've already gotten it from these guys. They know who I am and what I am about. I've followed them and they've followed me. I'm pretty well known to these guys and we both have the right amount of respect for each other to get things going here in Portland."

After a couple of hours of questions and picture taking, HoopLove left to the back to meet up with the few players that showed up. He walked up to Roy, who he's known for a couple of years now, "What's up kid? You ready for this season? You're going to be big, I promise you." Roy responded, "Hey, let's just worry about the team first because this is my famly right here." Smiling, HoopLove and Roy embraced each other and shared a few more laughs before leaving the room to head to the teams practice facility.
H00PL0VE

Pending Team Options.Player Re-Signing Period

Postby H00PL0VE on Mon May 25, 2009 3:53 am

Pending Team Options/Player Re-Signing Period

Blazers accept Roy, among others', team options.

The Portland Tribune | Tues, June 30, 2009

With the season drawing nearer, Kevin Pritchard wasted no time in accepting Brandon Roy's team option. Along with Brandon Roy, PF, Channing Frye and C, Greg Oden's contracts have all been accepted in hopes of keeping his big 3 together and leading the team to future play off's.

"Keeping Roy, Aldridge and Oden together has been in our team plan's ever since we drafted Oden. This is the core group we want to build around because these are the players everybody looks up to in the locker room," Pritchard stated when asked about his decisions.

However, PG, Sergio Rodriguez's contract has been declined which means the team does not want to pick up his contract for another year.

The Portland Tribune | Wed, July 1, 2009

It seems the Portland Trail Blazer's will look to keep most of their units for the start of the 2009-2010 season. The Blazers start by re-signing C, Channing Frye to a 4 year deal worth $6.98M. Frye, who was showing signs of more and more potential was more than happy to return back to Portland. With early trade talks of Martell Webster, the Blazer's took a shot and resigned him to a 3 year deal worth $5.69M. Now if Martell just doesn't cut it for Portland, they could use his newly signed contract in a package to trade off for a team need.

The Blazers have also decided to re-sign PF, Ike Diogu, Diogu who didn't see a whole lot of playing time will look to try and work hsiway up in the rotation. Though, many see that it will be impossible considering Lamarcus's success and Channing Frye's emergence, Diogu will more then likely be a package deal for yet another team need.

Diogu will be on a 3 year deal worth $3.74M.

The remaining player's, who Portland will let go into free agency, will include PG's, Sergio Rodriguez and Petteri Koponen and PF, Raef Lafrentz.

With the free agency buzz talks of Devin Harris and Jason Kidd, look for Portland to make a move to try and get one of these superstars through free agency or via trade's.
H00PL0VE

NBA Draft/Free Agency Period

Postby H00PL0VE on Mon May 25, 2009 4:11 am

NBA Draft/Free Agency Period: Part 1

Harris/Kidd: Who will be a Blazer this season?

The Portland Tribune | Sat, July 25, 2009

With the NBA Draft out of the way and Portland not even participating in it as they drafted 2 rookies they had no thoughts of signing, The Blazers quickly went to work for the free agency. Among all other point guards, Jason Kidd and Devin Harris drew the most attention to GM Kevin Pritchard.

The Blazers were looking for a pure point who was all about passing first rather then shoot first, seeing as they have a bunch of shooters on the team. After sending out contract proposals to both parties, it seems that the Trail Blazer's have decided on who they want to lead this team at the point guard position...

However, news of who will take on the point guard role will be released at the team's next press conference as they unveil the new player to play along side Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden.
Last edited by H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
H00PL0VE

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 am

Harris is Portland Bound in 2009.

The Portland Tribune | Thur, August 6, 2009

After weeks of a pending contract, it seems that the Portland Trail Blazer's and All-Star hopeful, Devin Harris have agreed to terms which will lock Harris in through 2013. The Blazers (among other teams like Denver) offered him more money, plus a player option to leave in 2013.

Harris will be making $7.62M per year under his team.

"We got the right guy for the job," Kevin Pritchard said. "Harris is the type of guy who will pass first and when nobody else is producing points, he can easily step up and become a shooter as well. This is a great day if you're a Portland fan. Look for something new in '09!"

Harris, 26, will be the 3rd oldest player on the roster behind Joel Pryzbilla and Steve Blake. Channing Frye and Ike Diogu are also 26.
H00PL0VE

Re: Return to Rip City: A Portland Trailblazers Association

Postby Lamrock on Tue May 26, 2009 2:25 am

Devin Harris is an expiring contract in your game? Great signing. Pretty low price for an all-star in his prime. You should trade some of your bench for a better SF and you can bring Rip City its second title!
Lamrock

Re: Return to Rip City: A Portland Trailblazers Association

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 2:35 am

Lamrock wrote:Devin Harris is an expiring contract in your game? Great signing. Pretty low price for an all-star in his prime. You should trade some of your bench for a better SF and you can bring Rip City its second title!

Great! My first post by someone other than me Lol. Yeah I'm looking to package a few players. Any auggestions would be madly appreciated. Here's my depth chart after the Harris signing:

Point Guards: Devin Harris, Jerryd Bayless, Steve Blake

Shooting Guarding: Brandon Roy, Rudy Fernandez, Martell Webster

Small Forwards: Nicolas Batum, Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster

Power Forwards: Lamarcus Aldridge, Channing Frye, Ike Diogu

Centers: Joel Pryzbilla, Greg Oden, Channing Frye (Will play PF)

Im trying to package Travis Outlaw for possibly a big name defender or something at his position.

What do you guys think?
H00PL0VE

Re: RTRC: A Trail Blazers Association | "Big Free Agent Signing"

Postby Lamrock on Tue May 26, 2009 2:55 am

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=5086546 - You lose some depth, but Fernandez and Batum make Webster redundant. Smith is a rich man's Outlaw, and could play 35 minutes a game, while Evans makes up for some of the lost depth. Atlanta starts either Martell or Outlaw next to Marvin Williams, and gets a savvy backup PG in Steve Blake.

Something like that?
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue May 26, 2009 2:57 am

Liking the layout and this last trade Lamrock said :applaud: :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 am

Lamrock wrote:http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5086546 - You lose some depth, but Fernandez and Batum make Webster redundant. Smith is a rich man's Outlaw, and could play 35 minutes a game, while Evans makes up for some of the lost depth. Atlanta starts either Martell or Outlaw next to Marvin Williams, and gets a savvy backup PG in Steve Blake.

Something like that?

Not bad. Not bad at all. I'll try that trade and see if I can make it happen. Thanks a lot Lamrock! (Y)
H00PL0VE

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 9:31 am

Josh Smith dealt by Hawks to Portland

The Portland Tribune | Fri, August 7, 2009

Just a day after signing Point Guard stud, Devin Harris, the Portland Trail Blazer's quickly went to work in finding a steady Small Forward. Who did they find? Well, nobody really but a 6'9" 235 LBS. Josh Smith from Atlanta. The disgruntled ex-Hawk was forcing his teams front office to deal him away or find a better bunch to surround him and Joe Johnson after his team failed to head to the playoff's last season. Unfortunately for the Hawks, the best they could do was to sign SG, Rashad McCants because both selected rookies from the draft (SG, Reggie Pittman and PF, William Stanley) were both just roster fill-in's.

Smith averaged 13.7 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 2.7 APG, 1.2 SPG and 2.5 BPG in his tenior in Atlanta.

"I told you all that this was the year to root for the Portland Trail Blazers, " GM Kevin Pritchard said to the media. "Josh Smith is the total package; he can defend, shoot and make plays for other players. He, Roy, Aldridge and Oden will be the NBA's first dominating Fantastic Four!"

The Blazers will look to take on Smith's $9.29M contract for 4 years.

With the trade that sent PG, Steve Blake, SG, Martell Webster and SF, Travis Outlaw, the Portland Trail Blazers receive SG, Maurice Evans as a veteran and reliable back up behind Roy and up and coming Fernandez.

In addition to these crazy signings, the Portland Trail Blazers have re-signed PG, Sergio Rodriguez and decided to sign SF, Luc Richard Mbah A Moute as roster fillers.
H00PL0VE

I'm Trusting You and Only You

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 10:19 am

I'm Trusting You and Only You

Portland ready to make a run for the Playoffs.

With the preseason only weeks away, Kevin Pritchard brought it upon him self to call in new Head Coach, HoopLove. As he awaited HoopLove, he began daydreaming as what this season could really mean to Portland fan's all over. He began invisioning his team with the NBA's top record and fan's just screaming out in rejoice. He saw his team going not only into the playoff's, but coming out of it to go to the NBA Finals to win it all. Just as he thought of raising that Championship proudly in the air, his daydream was interrupted by the voice of HoopLove.

"Sir? You asked to see me?" he asked. Pritchard came back to reality and gathered himself before beginning. "HoopLove, as you can see I've been real busy this off-season trying to give you a solid set of players to coach. I've given you Devin Harris and Josh Smith to work with. You already know so much about them and knwo what they have to offer. You also have Brandon Roy, Greg Oden and Lamarcus Aldridge plus a great supporting cast to coach." HoopLove looked on with agreement.

"All I ask is that you coach this squad into a dangerous team to play all season long. I want to get back to the NBA Playoffs with a different result other than a 4 game sweep (Unless it's the other team we swept)."

HoopLove responded, "I know what you mean Kev, you hired me because you saw that I can do great things for this franchise. I won't let you down and I promise that you will be seeing us in the Playoffs this year. I have a lot of great things planned for this team and I won't allow failure as an option. These guy's know what I expect and what's expected of them so you can for sure believe that this will be a very successful season."

The conversation was briefly interrupted by a phone call Kevin Pritchard received from Josh Smith's agent regarding his status on the team. Kevin then returned to the conversation at hand, "That was Josh's agent. He called to see exactly where Josh Smith is on the team as far as playing time. I told him that you were in charge of the rotation and such and that you would send him a copy of the depth chart."

HoopLove agreed.

"I already had a depth chart filled out prior to this meeting because I wanted to start working on the 1st and 2nd units as soon as possible so I'll just send him what I drew out," HoopLove stated. "Great! If you don't mind, can you send me a copy of one, too just for reference?" Kevin Pritchard asked. "Yeah, no problem Kev."

As the two began sharing laughs and short stories, HoopLove, excused himself so he could get started with the team's practice and be ready for the pre-season. As the two parted ways, HoopLove left with a smirk on his face indicating that his coaching era was about to begin any time now and that it couldnt've came at a better time and with a better team.
H00PL0VE

Coaches Corner

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 am

H00PL0VE

Portland Trail Blazers @ Cleveland Cavaliers

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 3:13 pm

"PORTLAND RIDES ROY'S 36 TO STAY ON TOP OF CAVS"

Greg Oden sizing up Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Image 92-89 Image

Cleveland, Ohio | October 11, 2009

This was a tight game throughout 40 minutes of play. Brandon Roy was in charge of every single aspect of it. Brandon Roy exploded in the teams first preseason matchup with 36 points! He was playing as if this were a play-off game. If this was a sign for things to come then I would hate to be the team that Portland faces when that time comes.

Roy shot 15 of 24 from the field including a perfect 6 for 6 from the free throw line. Roy also managed to lead the game with a defensive great, 5 steals!

Roy luckily had help from Lamarcus Aldridge who added 21 points on 9 of 18 shooting, including 4 steals and 5 rebounds. Things seemed to go in Cleveland's favor when Brandon hit the bench, so it was a good thing Lamarcus established himself from the get-go to help his fellow Trail Blazers with the win. The Portland fans experienced a scary sight when newly acquired, Josh Smith went down in the 3rd quarter in a mid air collision with LeBron James. Fortunately for the Portland fans, it was only a minor pulled hamstring and Smith came back in the 4th.

Josh Smith scored 13 points on a struggling 5 of 12 shooting. Devin Harris contributed with 5 points and 8 assists.

For Cleveland, Daniel Gibson really helped LeBron and the Cavs when no offense was being created. Gibson had 22 points to lead all Cavs on a 8 of 20 shooting night. This night included 6 of 12 from behind the arc! That's right, 6 three pointers made! LeBron had himself a solid game with 20 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals.

Thing's were looking up for the Cav's when they were on a 12-4 run in the late 2nd quarter where they eventually tied the game at 45 at halftime. They then opened up the half with a steal and dunk from LeBron James. But the 3rd was when Brandon Roy went on his shooting frenzy and that's when Cleveland had no answer.

Ben Wallace had a game high 15 rebounds.

There was nothing to be said about either team and how bad they played despite the fact that Portland allowed 50 bench points and Cleveland committed 24 turnovers. This was simply a great game to watch from the beginning tip.

PREVIOUS GAME: None
NEXT GAME: October 11, 2009: Portland Trail Blazers (1-0) @ Memphis Grizzlies (0-0)
H00PL0VE

Coaches Corner

Postby H00PL0VE on Tue May 26, 2009 3:28 pm

H00PL0VE

Re: RTRC: A Trail Blazers Association | Preseason Game 1 Result

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed May 27, 2009 1:30 am

Great win over the Cavs, sucks that Josh got injured. Liking the Coaches Corner (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: RTRC: A Trail Blazers Association | Preseason Game 1 Result

Postby H00PL0VE on Wed May 27, 2009 1:36 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:Great win over the Cavs, sucks that Josh got injured. Liking the Coaches Corner (Y)

Thanks a lot man. Luckily it was only a sore hamstring so he's still playable and he should be healthy before the regular season.
H00PL0VE

Portland Trail Blazers @ Memphis Grizzlies

Postby H00PL0VE on Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 am

"Grizzlies Barely a Challenge as Blazers Outplay Memphis"

Lamarcus Aldridge Dunks Over Marc Gasol

Image 85-60 Image

Memphis, Tennessee | October 12, 2009

This was a garbage match straight from the tip-off. The Memphis Grizzlies simply did not have the firepower or defense to stop the talented Portland Trail Blazers. Portland didn't even need a 20 point performance from Brandon Roy to be the rebuilding Grizzlies. Roy shot 8 of 19 from the field ending with 19 points.

Roy's stat line also included 5 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 block on Rudy Gay. Roy also shot 3 of 4 from the free throw line.

Josh Smith played extremely well as he was fighting off a sore hamstring. Smith racked up 15 points, rebounds and 2 steals as he shot 7 of 14 from the field. Lamarcus Aldridge added to the cause with 12 points of his own and 7 rebounds. The starters for the Portland Trail Blazers all sat out the entire 4th quarter as the lead went up to as much as 30!

Channing Frye added 7 points and 9 rebounds and Joel Pryzbilla added 12 rebounds to the team total.

For Memphis, Rudy Gay was simply ice cold from everywhere on the floor. He was held to 8 points but found another way of contributing with 6 rebounds and 4 assists. However, it was points that Memphis needed to make this game remotely interesting. O.J. Mayo was the high point man with 19 points with 8 of 18 shooting from the field including 2 clutch 3 pointers to end the first half.

Marcko Jaric was second behind Mayo in points with 11 points off a 4 of 12 shooting night. Memphis' defense was simply non-existent against the Portland's high powered offense. Michael Conley dished out 10 assists and had 2 steals. A scary sight for Memphis occurred when PG, Shaun Livingston went down with back spasms in the 3rd quarter in a collision with Brandon Roy

Marc Gasol added 11 rebounds on the night.

Despite both teams shooting under 40% on the night, it was the talented offense of Portland that overcame that funk. Portland is now 2-0 in the preseason and will look on to go 3-0.

PREVIOUS GAME: October 11, 2009: Portland Trail Blazers (1-0) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (0-1) [W: 92-89]
NEXT GAME: October 15, 2009: Toronto Raptors (0-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (2-0)
H00PL0VE

Re: RTRC: Blazers @ Memphis Preseason Results

Postby Christian. on Wed May 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Nice recaps and write ups. How I wish I have the gift of writing skills.
Christian.
Aperture-Priority Mode

Toronto Raptors @ Portland Trail Blazers Results

Postby H00PL0VE on Thu May 28, 2009 7:24 am

"No Bosh, No Problem As Toronto Takes Care of Portland At Home"

Josh Smith Rises Over Bargnani.

Image 100-89 Image

Portland, Oregon | October 15, 2009

The Portland Trail Blazers looked way out of sync in the final minutes of play. Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge and Josh Smith for some reason just could not hit any of the shot's they were hitting previous to the 4th quarter. Toronto played a big game as they had no Chris Bosh to play with in the 4th quarter because of a foul which basically fouled him out of the game.

Brandon Roy struggled big time this whole game trying to find his shot. Roy shot 10 of 28 from the field but ended the game with 22 points which includes 2 of 3 from behind the arc. Surprisingly, Roy did not head to the free throw line at all the entire game!

Roy added 4 rebounds and 2 steals for the game.

"It was a tough game for me," Roy said after the game. "I just couldn't hit my shots plain and simple. It's just something I need to work on, especially at home when the fan's are rooting for you." Lamarcus Aldridge had a great game overall as he had a double double night with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Aldridge also had 3 assists. 3 steals and a block.

Josh Smith had an average 14 point, 5 assists and 2 block night and Greg Oden added to it with 10 points and 7 rebounds.

For Toronto, it was the combo of Jason Kapono and Anthony Parker that took over. Parker had 19 points and 9 assists, whereas, Kapono had 18 points and 3 steals.

"We just wanted that win more," Kapono said, "We knew it was just a preseason game and we could've given up when Portland was up by 10, but we need every momentum we can get heading into the regular season and this win was most certainly a momentum builder." Jose Calderon had a game high 14 assists on the night to go with 14 points giving him a double double night and Andrea Bargnani contributed with 12 points and 2 blocks.

Bosh was a very limited source the entire game as he was in foul trouble very early. He eventually fouled out with 8 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 1 block.

As Portland calls this a day for their first preseason home game, they look to come back tomorrow with a whole different attitude and perhaps leave tomorrow with a win.

PREVIOUS GAME: October 12, 2009: Portland Trail Blazers (2-1) @ Memphis Grizzlies (1-2) [W: 85-60]
NEXT GAME: October 16, 2009: Miami Heat (0-0) @ Portland Trail Blazers (2-1)
H00PL0VE

Miami Heat @ Portland Trail Blazers

Postby H00PL0VE on Fri May 29, 2009 4:00 am

"Brandon Roy Lead's Team Over Miami in Battle of Offenses"

Beasley Gets Worse End of Play.

Image 107-112 Image

Portland, Oregon | October 16, 2009

Defense was simply non-exsistent in this match-up between the Miami Heat and the Portland Trail Blazers. There were, however, some blocks and steals here and there but it was the offensive play between these two teams that wowed the crowd over. Brandon Roy was way too hot for the Heat to cover as he had 47 points on the night! Meanwhile, for the Miami Heat, it was James Jones who led his team in points with 21.

Roy went off on an excellent 20 of 30 shooting night which included a perfect 5 for 5 from behind the arc! Roy also had 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 block! "It's just what I told you," Roy said after his exhausting match-up, "I just needed to get more comfortable with my shots and trust that it will go in and I think I'll do alright. I'm also happy with my teammates for not giving up and sticking in there with me to the end."

Lamarcus Aldridge had 17 points and 7 rebounds to go with 3 steals. Josh Smith had a good game off the bench with 15 points and 2 steals. Head Coach HoopLove has given signs of using Smith off the bench rather than in the starting line-up.

Channing Frye had 13 points, 5 rebounds and 3 steals and Devin Harris had 7 points to go with 13 assists and 5 steals.

For Miami, James Jones was their savior as he shot 10 of 18 from the field to give him 21 points. Dwyane Wade was neutralized in his scoring with only 16 points, but had an amazing 8 assists and 6 steals!

"Portland outplayed us in the stretch," Wade said of Portland. "Roy was going crazy on us and we just couldn't find a way to stop him. It's only our first preseason game, so we still have a lot of time to make improvements."

Michael Beasley added 13 points and 9 boards.

In this game, Miami had a total of 6 players score in double figures with Luther Head and Mario Chalmers scoring 12 and Daequon Cook scoring 11. Chalmers also added 8 assists.

This was a known to be a high scoring game the second the 1st quarter came to an end when Portland managed to score 31 points against Miami's 29 points.

PREVIOUS GAME: October 15, 2009: Toronto Raptors (1-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (3-1) [L: 100-89]
NEXT GAME: October 22, 2009: Portland Trail Blazers (3-1) @ Orlando Magic (0-1)
Last edited by H00PL0VE on Fri May 29, 2009 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
H00PL0VE

Re: RTRC: [3-1] Miami Heat @ Portland Trail Blazers Recap

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri May 29, 2009 4:48 am

James Jones leading the Heat in points? :lol: If you won then the score is wrong, it says Miami 112-Portland 107 :P
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood