Smackdown vs RAW 2009

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Smackdown vs RAW 2009

Postby bee-boy on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:22 am

i just played this game this morning after having it for a while without playing it. I like even though i haven't watched wrestling in 2-3 years i still find it enjoyable.
ImageWhether you Love him or Hate him you gotta Respect him.
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Leander wrote:Andrew How good is this game (smackdown vs. raw 09)? After watching some youtube videos I find the animations a bit jerky. There are no fluid transitions but it looks like animations chained together.

Move 1, move 2...but the action between these two moves is not that clean. I sometimes play the old Smackdown for Nintendo 64 and like its animations a lot better than those of 2009.

I don't really notice that but I guess I'm probably used to it and my standards for wrestling games are admittedly lower than what I want out of a basketball game, for example. I think they're fun games, if you still watch WWE then you can probably appreciate it more being more familiar with the contemporary names. I certainly find it enjoyable enough.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bee-boy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:38 pm

hey guys how do you get weapons from under the ring on a xbox 360?
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Should be the A button while you're standing next to the ring, up against the middle of the apron.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bee-boy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 pm

thanks i'll try it out
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby buzzy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Andrew, I got something to rub in our wounds:

phpBB [video]

Pretty sure it's a bug.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:27 pm

So close and yet so far. You know, even if we aren't going to ever get it, it would be nice if THQ could just come out and make an official statement on it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:37 am

That's the least they could do. Even it'll come out, we would buy a pack with less content and a 3 month delay, for the same price.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 am

It doesn't seem they're giving a straight answer to people who email them either. I've had a glance at the board and answers section for SDvRAW 2009 over at GameFAQs and it seems the people who have tried to contact them have basically received emails telling them it'll be out when it's out. Now, I know I've used that line with my roster updates before when people have started to bug me when I've set a more vague release date but those are something I do in my spare time free of charge; THQ on the other hand is actually selling a product and this is bad business as far as consumer-manufacturer relationships and goodwill are concerned. If I can address a delay in an unofficial mod for a video game, they can address a delay in DLC for a product we paid for.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:49 pm

DLC's out, 'bout damn time, lol.
320 Points the costs, so I guess they give us 80 points compensation.

It's Charlie Haas, Evan Bourne Ted DiBiase Jr, and, thank god they didn't put him out, Super Crazy. Plus the alternate attire for Jericho.
Even though the whole wating got me veeery upset, I'm still buying and downloading it now, got some points left.

I'm just waiting for the patch get deliverd, as of now no update appeared when i started the game.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:27 am

Excellent, downloading it now. A drop in price is the least they could do at this point. Here's hoping the patch isn't far off.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:13 pm

No patch as yet. DLC is nice though it's a bit silly to add a second Chris Jericho, I figured they'd simply add it as a Costume C to the existing in-game Jericho. No matter, nice to have it finally. Without the patch/MAXCAS code I'm in no rush to create anyone though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Did they fix Jericho's entrance theme?
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby buzzy on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Nope, but that was one of the first things I did when I got the game, changing it to the current one. Just did the same with DLC character.
Too bad Jericho's alt. attire is a new character, especially because you can't give him a custom entrance that way, only a pre-set one. Since the change to heel and the trunks, he isn't using the entrance with his arms and stuff anymore.

You know what's cool!?
If you create a new tag team with Rhodes and DiBiase, and let them come down to the ring together, they will be announced as a tag team (... at a combined weight of ..).
Same goes with Shelton Benjamin and Chalrie Haas. They're intruced as the self-proclaimed world's greatest tag team.
Works well with my Angle CAW.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:44 am

buzzy wrote:Nope, but that was one of the first things I did when I got the game, changing it to the current one. Just did the same with DLC character.

Did you do that through the User Playlist function?

buzzy wrote:You know what's cool!?
If you create a new tag team with Rhodes and DiBiase, and let them come down to the ring together, they will be announced as a tag team (... at a combined weight of ..).
Same goes with Shelton Benjamin and Chalrie Haas. They're intruced as the self-proclaimed world's greatest tag team.

Awesome, I've created a team with Rhodes and DiBiase as well as a three man team/entrance for Legacy with Randy Orton in there but I hadn't seen the proper intro yet so I wasn't aware of that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Andrew wrote:
buzzy wrote:Nope, but that was one of the first things I did when I got the game, changing it to the current one. Just did the same with DLC character.

Did you do that through the User Playlist function?

Yes. Pretty neat feature. I even added the newest "Priceless" version, even the one that comes with DiBiase isn't accurate anymore. lol

Andrew wrote:
buzzy wrote:You know what's cool!?

Awesome, I've created a team with Rhodes and DiBiase as well as a three man team/entrance for Legacy with Randy Orton in there but I hadn't seen the proper intro yet so I wasn't aware of that.

I think this shows that they actually had some ideas with the DLC, just the realization was extremely unprofessional.
Once the talks about the next installment starts, I'm sure questions about the huge delay of DLC will be thrown at THQ.

Remember the post I made like 6 months ago? THQ actually said in an interview that DLC would be available late November/early December.
Wasn't the case, not even for the PS3.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:29 am

Agreed, something definitely went amiss with the DLC this year. They really needed it ready to go within the first month or two of the game's release. I think the CAS situation will also come up since the current implementation is useless if you want to create missing wrestlers or old school performers. I see where they're coming from, wanting to push Career Mode but it's not something everyone wants to play. If nothing else, they should allow you to unlock unlimited attributes with a code right out of the box.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:04 pm

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Store/30738

WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009 - Roster Update 2
Download this pack and play as WWE Superstars Vader, Doink the Clown, Earthquake and The Bushwhackers.

Okay what the fuck?
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Maybe it's for Legends of Wrestlemania.

EDIT: I checked the link. :shock:
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:36 pm

it's probably DLC that you can export to legends, or something
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby buzzy on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Appearently the entry got deleted, so either they put it up too early or it was a mistake and it's actually DLC for LOWM, which would make a whole lot more sense.
But then again, the preview showed clearly The Bushwhackers and the SDvR logo ..

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4630 ... ackers.jpg
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:41 am

It'll be interesting to see what happens there and whether 360 users get the benefit of it. Mind you, we've got the upper hand when it comes to DLC for Fallout 3 and GTA IV so disappointing as it may be (great as those games are they don't exactly cater to someone wanting a wrestling game) we 360 users don't have it too bad.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:46 am

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sdvsraw0 ... =2009EP-00

lulz.
I'd have prefered updating the current guys like Christian, but this is kinda cool too. Still unsure whether to buy it or not, guess I have to see if there come some new moves with it.

According to the link it'll be available Thursday on the PSN and on the XBL Marketplace. Let's see if they get it right this time.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:36 am

I downloaded it yesterday, I guess they didn't want another debacle with Xbox 360 users (though we still don't have the MAXCAS patch). Fun to play with those guys and there's announcer audio and full movesets for them but not all of them have entrance music which is a bit of a downer...Doink in particular.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:43 am

I heard that only Vader has a titantron and entrance music, is it true?

Also, there's a third roster update available which allows you to play online against people who have DLC , this only is necessary if you didn't buy them. Now the cool thing is, that with that free update Vader somehow got unlocked for many people, even though they didn't buy Pack #2. The others are greyed out, just Vader is playable. Must be glitch or something.
Too bad I don't have a gold membership now to download that patch, guess I'll have to wait till it gets available for me.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic