NBA 2k9 Sliders thread

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Re: NBA 2k9 Sliders thread

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:43 am

Both, since my first couple games ended up with boht teams shooting 65%. I'm tempted to move up to All Star difficulty since I can win most close games. I did just get blown out by one of the best teams in the league, last game, though. D-12 and Rashard Lewis were just unstoppable, and my bench left much to be desired.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Za man on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:29 pm

bro Pdub since you are one of my favorites patchers. Can you please upload your sliders and setting file so that i can give them a try my self PLEASEEEEEEEEE. Thanks in Advance.
Za man

Postby TC#10 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:45 am

Just a tip to you guys, make sure your CPU tendency slider is 50 for "Use Triple Threat" and "Use Sizeup Moves" and also that the CPU "Contest Shots" is below 50 (mine is at 40) if you already have the Official Patch and playing with the Default Roster included.

I've noticed a lot more mid-range jumpers attempted by the cpu and the cpu seemed to play a lot smoother and better on offense.

BTW i've also lowered every team's "Defensive Pressure" by -25 in the Coach Profiles in order to give more room in between the ball handler and defender.
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
TC#10

Postby ttbarber on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Hello,

Thks for all your works that update really the game.

I play in association with 3m quarter (i want play all the match and i haven't much time) and i search sliders or update for this config cause cpu rating (and else mine) are incredible (60% in 3 pts with defensive pressing and a lot of tear drop always in basket).
It's incredible to defense like this and watch cpu shoot in 23s to 3pt with press direct in basket ... :evil:

Thks for all your suggestion

Sorry for my english but i'm french (up for Boris Diaw) ans i don't learn english language
ttbarber

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:58 am

Za man wrote:bro Pdub since you are one of my favorites patchers. Can you please upload your sliders and setting file so that i can give them a try my self PLEASEEEEEEEEE. Thanks in Advance.

http://rapidshare.com/files/190735252/Settings.STG
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Za man on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks bro for the setting file but what about the sliders :roll:
Za man

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:18 am

Sorry, I forgot there was a seperate file for sliders. Because I haven't saved my sliders in my association to a file, you will just have to input them fromt hese images.

I have put Help Defense Strength back to 50 for both. Also, Injurity Severity is at 50, it's not shown.

Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MLG33 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:06 am

Hey, is there a Injury Frequency slider anywere?

Or something that does just the same?
'cause, I have like 1 wonded player per game.... :bowdown:
"Keep The Faith..."
MLG33

Postby Za man on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:05 pm

The Injurity Severity sliders can increase or decrease the amount of injured player per game. Try it out (Y)
Za man

Postby carmelo on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 am

I would like to ask which slider reduce the assist (less teammate game) and which slider reduce points in paint?
carmelo

Postby TC#10 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:58 am

Here is my updated gameplay sliders which allows the CPU Superstars to dominate more and CPU Superstar Point Guards to penetrate and score more: http://www.mediafire.com/?lzzhm3zdmmy

My User's On-ball Defense is at 38 while the User's Defensive Awareness is at 0, to allow opposing Point Guards to penetrate and score more instead of just passing and setting up the offense only.
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
TC#10

Postby SerKris on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 am

hi guys. can anyone tell me whats the best setting to injured a player fast?
SerKris

Postby Angelo on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:26 pm

as ive answered you in the other thread set the injury frequency slider to 100
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby Za man on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Can some one tell me how i can backdown a defender after the official patch update? which of the sliders controll's the CPU strength in the post so that i can try to lower it down to suite it with the way i like. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Za man

Postby Angelo on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 pm

ive tried strength to user 80 and cpu 40
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby Za man on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:40 pm

And what was the result? did it effect any other aspect of the game other then backing down a defender in the post area.
Za man

Postby Angelo on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm

it also took away the sliding of players especially when they bump into each other
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby parliament123 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:44 pm

After reading several different slider forums, it seems like we don't truly understand what some slider attribute actually means and how they affect the game. Some are obvious, but some aren't. For one example, five different people would give five different opinions on how "hands" attribute affects the game. I've read some people say it affects the turnover rate as higher rating would make it less likely for a pass receiver to flop the ball or lose control of the ball when performing moves but I've also read other people say it affects how players swat layups and etc. Another example is the "hustle" attribute. Some people say it is how much players run up and down the court but others say it's how much players are willing to dive for the loose ball. So my opinion is that we first find out how each one exactly affects the game and adjust accordingly. Even for some obvious sliders, they might or might not still affect other aspects of the game that we might not know of. After finding out how each slider exactly affects the game, we can use the combination of different sliders to control each aspect of the game and ultimately a perfect slider that imitates the real NBA game. For example, using speed, quickness, on-ball defense, stealing, steal success, def. awareness, play passing lanes might all contribute to how many steals there are in the game. If we know exactly how each one affects the game, then there wouldn't be so much discrepancy between different sliders that people post up.

Another thing, does anyone know how to increase the non-steal turnovers for this game? On average in real NBA, only 51% of turnovers are from steals, with other 11% being charges, and others from bad pass, ball handling errors, violations and etc. But in 2K9, close to 90% are from steals and I rarely see myself or computer make a bad pass out of bounds or lose the ball out of bounds. I tried setting ball-handing to both 0 and 100 and also "hands" 0 and 100 but both had no affect on players losing control of their ball.
parliament123

Postby Al Ka Pwn on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:09 pm

try tc#10's sliders. they make for quite realistic gameplay.
I have players step out of bounds and throw the ball away at times.
and he made the pg and stars more aggressive too.
this last change made it so that I can use this aggresiveness against them
and turn it into turnovers by charges.
Al Ka Pwn

Postby Prev on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:21 am

pdub im using your sladers but i got 1problem.Im averaging like 10blocks per game (with heat) and i wanna get as close as to real life so i want like 6~ blocks per game.How much block slider should be good in this case?
Prev

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:02 am

Lower?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Prev on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am

Pdub wrote:Lower?

Yes... i just made 17blocks with heat against bulls ( they had 7) cpu blocking slider is ok but my one should definetely be lower but im not sure how many exactly :/
I got one more issue... players like dwade is playing 27minutes per game in 9 minutes qt ( im with heat) and i noticed that players like foye,gomes,duhon and so on are playing same or even more... not sure if its sliders but maybe someone can help me ? its really anoying.
Prev

Postby Prev on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:59 am

even last live series wasnt shitty like that..................... im playing with heat vs milwauke and seasion or however his name is written throwing like 20alley opp passes for vilanueva per game ? I was restarting game like 5times and it was same all the times... i am now so angry on this idiotic game... any way i can change this?
Prev

Postby Leander on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:43 am

Still haven't found "my" sliders yet. I play three qick games with a set of sliders, the results are fine but when I start an assocation with the same sliders I suddenly hit way too many shots. Moreover, I still got owned on offensive rebounds. Cpu offensive rebounding is at 25, my def. is at 60...both teams get 7 per game most of the time but teams like the Clippers or Rockets own me. The Clippers had 16 offensive rebounds, Kaman finished with 20 points and 20 rebounds.

Finally, my offense is way better than the games before. I did not get open shots but now everything's too easy. What did I do? I just turned play vision on. Now I see where to run and everything's easy.

Gotta test new sliders and restart my assocation for the fourth time. :( I usually play three quick games with new sliders and when they are fine I play three association games. I am still not happy with them though.
Leander

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Leander wrote:teams like the Clippers or Rockets own me. The Clippers had 16 offensive rebounds, Kaman finished with 20 points and 20 rebounds..

What do you expect? The Clipps has Kaman, Randolph, and Camby; you're surprised that they have high offensive rebounds? The Clipps may suck in real life but in videogames they rule with a lineup like that, like Isiah's Knicks in videogames.
Houston has Yao, Landry, Scola, and Hayes, no surprise there neither.

I play in HOF, 10 min Qs, USER DREB at 55, CPU OREB at 50. Somehow I do manage to get the same orebs result as yours.
Learn to box out. Remember , if you aim for a block consider that a lost rebound opportunity already, so you must decide what to do, block or rebound/box out? Press the backdown button to box out your opponent.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older