The cleveland cavaliers thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The cleveland cavaliers thread

Postby BIG GREEN on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:41 pm

the lead in the nba even.
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:07 pm

That too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:22 am

woot
celtics losing 2 in a row
for some reason i am very pleased...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby BIG GREEN on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:16 am

The Cavs have not been playing like they did during their original winning streak over the past 3 games. Their loss to the heat doesn't suprise me at all ...especially considering the heat have been a suprise team. Missing a ton if outside shots against unspectactular perimeter defense...they need to regroup and regain that fire...
BIG GREEN

Postby Fcuk Orlando on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:12 pm

Question to Cavs fans: Are you guys fans of The Cavaliers themselves or just Lebron? If Lebron goes to New York will you guys stay with Clevland or bandwagon to New York?
Allen Iverson passing on family values:

A.I.: son, what you doing there?
A.I.'s son: practicing my math for my test tommorow
A.I: practice? practice? we talkin' 'bout practice. not the test - practice. we talkin' 'bout practice. not the test, not the test - practice.
Fcuk Orlando

Postby BIG GREEN on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:23 pm

I always and forever will love everything new york...so yea..i'm already a knick fan. As for lebron and the cavs...at first I was just a lebron fan...soon as he entered the nba. Now after all these years i've grown to love the other guys on the team also...verejao, big z, gibson and now mo williams. I'd prefer if lebron got championships with the cavaliers but I certainly wouldn't be mad if he ended up on the knicks or the soon to be brooklyn nets.
BIG GREEN

Postby Matthew on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:50 pm

The X wrote:
BIG GREEN wrote:Well with the victory on the rockets tonight decisively is there anymore doubt about the cavs? Lebron is going to get his first MVP this year..mark my words.

I don't think anybody is silly enough to doubt the Cavs....Lebron's a beast who at the moment is a runaway for MVP & the Cavs are finally clicking offensively....I guess adding Mo Williams has helped, as well as guys like Delonte & Wally World getting more comfortable....

I'm really liking that the Hawks are getting better, so are Cavs, so are Celtics....all we need now is Bulls & Knicks to get back in game & Pistons to rejuvenate themselves & East has gone old school again :P

I was sold on the cavs when I saw how good Boston was last year and how close Cleveland was to beating the Celtics. That being said, Boston is ahead of them still and Lebron will have to play better then he is now for them to beat them this year.

Also don't forget Orlando when you're talking about top teams in the East, and Detroit is a massive wildcard.
Matthew

Postby The X on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Matthew wrote:
The X wrote:
BIG GREEN wrote:Well with the victory on the rockets tonight decisively is there anymore doubt about the cavs? Lebron is going to get his first MVP this year..mark my words.

I don't think anybody is silly enough to doubt the Cavs....Lebron's a beast who at the moment is a runaway for MVP & the Cavs are finally clicking offensively....I guess adding Mo Williams has helped, as well as guys like Delonte & Wally World getting more comfortable....

I'm really liking that the Hawks are getting better, so are Cavs, so are Celtics....all we need now is Bulls & Knicks to get back in game & Pistons to rejuvenate themselves & East has gone old school again :P

I was sold on the cavs when I saw how good Boston was last year and how close Cleveland was to beating the Celtics. That being said, Boston is ahead of them still and Lebron will have to play better then he is now for them to beat them this year.

Also don't forget Orlando when you're talking about top teams in the East, and Detroit is a massive wildcard.

Yes, I shouldn't forget them. For whatever reason, they are flying a bit under my radar, even though they had successful road trips out West, & have the big guy in the middle & a bunch of very good shooters & versatile wings....the funny thing with them is they could easily leapfrog Cavs & get that vital homecourt advantage in the 2nd Round of playoffs....either way, they'll be a tough matchup for whoever draws them in the playoffs....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:53 pm

The Magic have put together a 25-7 record very quietly indeed. I suppose all eyes were on the Lakers and Celtics when they got off to their hot starts which got a lot of people talking about the Christmas Day clash and the possible rematch in the Finals, meaning teams like the Cavs and Magic have flown under the radar despite having top four records thus far.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:33 pm

There's alot of hype around the Cavs right now and their record so I wouldn't say they've flown under the radar. But here's a question for you guys, if Cleveland and Orlando meet in the second round, who is the favourite?
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Probably still the Cavaliers, though I think it at least goes six games. Cleveland's got a stronger roster with a better bench so I'd pick them to prevail.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby hova- on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 pm

I would also go with the Cavs since I think their team D is really good which is quite important against a jumpshooting team like the Magic.
Furthermore the Magic have other than D-How no real tough guy who can make some noise in the post. I think the Cavs are just better on the bigger positions.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 pm

I think the winner of the series is decided by the PG's, Jameer Nelson vs Maurice Williams. If Nelson wins it, Magic will edge out Cavs, if Williams wins, Cavs win, if they play it even, Cavs win it in a close one.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby BIG GREEN on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 am

Jameer might be playing better but mo has been doing his thing from the bucks to now the cavs. I don't think there is much of a question who is better between the two...but you never know in the playoffs sometimes.
BIG GREEN

Postby Drex on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:46 am

I'd say Cavs win in 6, too. If they put Howard on Z then he can shoot all day from outside the key, and if he goes out to put a hand on his face then LeBron would have a field day penetrating. Also, they can put lots of guys on Dwight Howard. Ben Wallace is strong enough to hold him, and Varejao flops all day.
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Even a frontline of Ben Wallace and Floprejao might do the trick.
Ben bodies up Dwight, if Dwight tries to drive inside the post to escape Wallace, Varejao will take the flop. Turnover.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Drex on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:58 am

Yeah, that'll be the strategy probably. The only way I see the Magic beating the Cavs is if both Hedo and Lewis are playing possessed by the spirit of Reggie Miller or sth.
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:38 am

Turkoglu's someone to look out for if the Magic have the final shot in a close game as he's shown he's capable of knocking down the big shot. However, if it comes down to one of the stars taking over the game and winning it for their team in crunch time then I don't think anyone on the Magic is going to out-duel LeBron or completely shut him down.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:33 am

Break To Sideline Ilgauskas For Weeks

Bad news for the Cavs, though I think they'll be able to play on with Varejao starting without losing too much steam. That's not to say they won't miss Ilgauskas but my guess is that with their depth they'll find a way to compensate.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:14 pm

a tough break. maybe a good time to trade big z for kaveman. :applaud:

that means he won't be in the game when the celtics are in the town. that's a big let down, cuz i wanted to see both teams at 100%.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Tough to shop a player who's currently out with a broken foot.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby hova- on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:17 am

Not only tough to shop him when hes injured. Tough to shop a player who has been contributing for so many years. As LeBron said some weeks ago. Big Z's jersey will be retired. Its hard to believe that he is a Cavalier for 10 years now. Thats loyalty .. I like it (Y)
Maybe LeBron learns a lesson from Z in terms of loyalty. (Now I stop my ode for Ilgauskas)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 am

That too, I don't think they should be in any rush to trade him.

I won't suggest that the injury is a good thing or a blessing in disguise but there could be a silver lining here. The current prognosis has Z missing "weeks" but as yet he hasn't been ruled out for the rest of the year. With his problematic feet, if he's going to suffer an injury better it be earlier on when the Cavs have already put together a great record and there's still more than half the regular season to go, potentially giving him ample time to recover and then regain his rhythm and conditioning as they gear up for the postseason. If we were already in March or April, things would look a little more grim.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 am

For me, it's going to be really interesting if they can still contend for the top spot without Big Z. They already lost a game today. Hope they will not continue to suck without him.

As for Kaman, I just like to see him playing for the contender.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Heiks on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:05 am

No comments on the "crab" dribble and the one-two? I'm really interested if there's anyone besides the King himself who didn't think that was traveling.
Give respect, get respect.
Heiks

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball