Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:42 pm

I've been keeping up with your Dynasty James, I just haven't really had anything to say so far. I'll head over there after this post and see if I've got anything to add. :)

Chicago 103, New Jersey 91

The Nets proved to be a tough opponent in the first quarter, scoring the first points of the game and holding onto the lead throughout the first 12 minutes. Even though I took the lead in the second, the Nets refused to quit, and took the lead back in the third. A couple of quick steals to start the fourth led to a quick 10-0 run that put me in a good position to withstand their fourth quarter run. The final deficit doesn't really indicate how well the Nets played. Nevertheless, I took the first game 103-91.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 29 points, 23 rebounds, 6 assists
Donyell Marshall: 23 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals
Scottie Pippen: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists
Jamal Crawford: 12 points, 4 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 12 points, 4 assists

Jason Kidd: 37 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals
Kenyon Martin: 10 points, 3 rebounds
Richard Jefferson: 10 points, 4 rebounds
Alonzo Mourning: 10 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks
Kerry Kittles: 6 points, 5 assists

Chicago leads series 1-0

Chicago 81, New Jersey 76

This was a close, slow-paced contest throughout, with the first basket being scored 3 minutes into the game. Although I was able to take the lead early in the game, New Jersey managed to increase the tempo at the start of the second quarter to take a 25-22 lead in the first five minutes. I regained control with a couple of quick baskets and some patient defense. The Nets were able to reel off quick baskets at the beginning of the third and fourth quarters, twice cutting the deficit to one point. Scottie Pippen went down with an arm injury during the third quarter, but returned to finish with an impressive performance.

Though the score remained close until the end, New Jersey basically handed me the game in the final minute by fouling too early. If they'd let me use the possession, they might have been able to force a turnover and score some points on the fastbreak. By putting my players on the line, they allowed me to edge out of reach.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 19 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists
Scottie Pippen: 21 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists
Jamal Crawford: 20 points, 2 steals
Donyell Marshall: 10 points, 7 rebounds
Eddy Curry: 2 points, 10 rebounds

Alonzo Mourning: 20 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks
Kenyon Martin: 17 points, 6 rebounds
Jason Kidd: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists
Kerry Kittles: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists

Chicago leads series 2-0

Donyell Marshall has been playing well so far this series. I considered starting him in Game 2 after his strong showing in Game 1, but I wasn't ready to bench Curry quite so quickly. Hinrich has been fairly quiet so far this series. His 12 points in Game 1 came mostly from free throws, and he has not been racking up assists as he did against the Pistons. I don't think I'll bench him though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby James_1 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:40 pm

wow 2 very different games. the second one must have been slow paced. kg looks awsome in ur dynasty, i really wanna get him on mine but vowed not do deal mr franchise and yao :D

scottie stepped up big for you in the second game. donyell marshall looks ok. does he play good in spurts. (i havent read the last pages of ur dynasty, im new here and havent had a chance :))
James_1

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:23 pm

Yeah, Marshall has had a few good games throughout the year, though he's been playing much better in the playoffs. He was kind of disappointing during most of the regular season (though KG's presence and the subsequent absence of regular minutes had a lot to do with that), but I've found he's been my top reserve so far in the postseason. He might even get the starting job (with KG playing at centre) if Curry continues to struggle.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby James_1 on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:23 pm

yep. playing kg at center would allow you to run alot

btw andrew, are u from australia, where abouts, im in melb
James_1

Re: .

Postby TheBigEasy on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:34 pm

james23wcr wrote:btw andrew, are u from australia, where abouts, im in melb

Ahm ... you see his username ... under it there is a line called location ... and his reads "Newcastle, Australia" ... Does that answer your question?
TheBigEasy

Postby James_1 on Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:48 pm

thanks you :?
James_1

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:48 pm

Actually, I'd say I'm from the great city of Newcastle, Australia, but that's just my opinion and hometown pride. :wink: By the way, this is my 8000th post. I don't usually acknowledge my posting milestones because I'm so active on the board, but I'm getting closer to 10000 now. And I've done while keeping a job and a healthy social life. :cool:

Anyway...

Chicago 94, New Jersey 85

This was a very difficult game. After a couple of lead changes in the first, the Nets managed to take a one point lead into the second quarter. I managed to keep it close for most of the second, but they began to edge away and held an eight point lead at halftime. Early in the third quarter they managed to bump the lead to 10, but I was quickly able to cut into the deficit thanks to KG. Eddy Curry went down with a leg injury around the six minute mark. Although he was still playable, I decided to keep him out until the fourth. I cut the lead to 65-64 by the end of the third quarter.

I lost Eddy Curry when Aaron Williams took it strong to the hoop. Curry committed the foul, but reaggravated his injury with the contact. Williams made one of two from the line, but I still held an 80-75 lead. My offense began to stall however, and the Nets had soon tied the game at 82. Determined not to lose the game after all the effort I had made to recapture the lead, I made a couple of defensive stops, trapping Kittles in the backcourt with double teams for a few quick baskets. The Nets were unable to recover, and I managed to run out the final 20 seconds, taking the victory and a 3-0 series lead.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 32 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks
Jamal Crawford: 16 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals
Donyell Marshall: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists
Eddy Curry: 13 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block
Scottie Pippen: 10 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block
Kirk Hinrich: 5 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 6 steals

Jason Kidd: 23 points, 2 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 block
Kenyon Martin: 15 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 1 steal
Kerry Kittles: 14 points, 3 rebounds
Alonzo Mourning: 10 points, 8 rebounds
Richard Jefferson: 8 points, 6 rebounds
Rodney Rogers: 4 points,6 rebounds

Chicago leads series 3-0

Injury Update

Eddy Curry will be available to play in Game 4. As usual, I'm relieved but at the same time disappointed. The only two injuries I've had this season that have lasted more than a game have both been day-to-day (though I elected not to play through them in both cases). Still, playing better opponents in a seven game series is proving to be fairly challenging at the moment, so perhaps I don't need an injury to make things interesting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheBigEasy on Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:04 pm

Andrew wrote:And I've done while keeping a job and a healthy social life.

Lucky you ... :cool:

But you are trying to tell me it is challenging to sweep your way to the finals? You havent lost a game so far ... :). I wouldnt wish that on anyone, but I'd like you to lose a few so that you can experience real challenge :D.

j/k ... I still hope to get to the finals but there I want a cruel, long, challenging 7 game series. With the win coming off a buzzerbeater in the third overtime :D. Now, that would be something ...

But it also is something that you have managed to sweep your opponents so far ... I wasnt able to do that (much to my surprise).

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:10 pm

Ugh, another case of me not proof reading my post there. That should be "And I've done so while keeping a job and a healthy social life." Oh well.

I certainly wouldn't be too unhappy about a loss or two, though I always try to win. Going undefeated is certainly a challenge in itself, but a couple of losses would make things interesting. We'll just have to see how well I can play through the rest of the postseason. :wink:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Power And Proud on Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:17 pm

Andrew, despite the great team you have, as you get deeper into the playoffs, the games will just get more difficult. I don't about you, but when I can't make shots and the other team starts catching up, I really knuckle down on defense, and that generates my offense. The last game I played in my Cavs dynasty, I was up by 10 mid way through the 4th, and the other team made a run as my boys couldn't get nothin to fall, so I knuckled down on D, and came away with a 16 point win. :)

DEFENSE IS KEY!
Power And Proud

Postby Boyk on Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:29 am

Eddy Curry will be available to play in Game 4. As usual, I'm relieved but at the same time disappointed. The only two injuries I've had this season that have lasted more than a game have both been day-to-day (though I elected not to play through them in both cases). Still, playing better opponents in a seven game series is proving to be fairly challenging at the moment, so perhaps I don't need an injury to make things interesting.

consider yaself lucky Andrew!
I lost Damon Hones in the playoffs last year and i still think thats the reason i didnt make it, he was my punch!
he tore his achilles tendon and was out for 4-5 weeks i think and his ratings dropped for the next season!

well good luck for the rest of the playoffs and try stay healthy and injury free :D
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:55 pm

LeBron wrote:Andrew, despite the great team you have, as you get deeper into the playoffs, the games will just get more difficult. I don't about you, but when I can't make shots and the other team starts catching up, I really knuckle down on defense, and that generates my offense. The last game I played in my Cavs dynasty, I was up by 10 mid way through the 4th, and the other team made a run as my boys couldn't get nothin to fall, so I knuckled down on D, and came away with a 16 point win. :)

DEFENSE IS KEY!

I couldn't agree more. One of the biggest improvements in Live 2004 is the defense, specifically the fact you can actually play good D this year and avoid a shootout. I also enjoy the fact the games are getting harder. I haven't lost in about 18 games, so any kind of challenge makes the game much more interesting, and the victories more satisfying.

Laddas_KB8_CA15 wrote:consider yaself lucky Andrew!
I lost Damon Hones in the playoffs last year and i still think thats the reason i didnt make it, he was my punch!
he tore his achilles tendon and was out for 4-5 weeks i think and his ratings dropped for the next season!

Good point. I could probably still win without Curry, but I'd rather he was around for most of the postseason. After playing through an 82 game season with 12 minute quarters, anything short of the championship will be pretty disappointing.

well good luck for the rest of the playoffs and try stay healthy and injury free

Thanks. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:34 pm

Chicago 103, New Jersey 92

I was in control of this game after the first four minutes, building a double digit lead in the second quarter that peaked at 20 in the third. KG was quiet at the offensive end in the first half, scoring only 4 points. The Nets came storming back in the third quarter, and only trailed by 5 heading into the fourth quarter. They tied the game at 66 early in the final quarter, but I managed to get my offense going again and pushed ahead in the final minutes to take an 11 point victory and advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 24 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 blocks, 2 steals
Donyell Marshall: 22 points, 4 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 21 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals
Jamal Crawford: 10 points, 4 assists, 3 steals
Eddy Curry: 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block
Scottie Pippen: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals
Tyson Chandler: 2 points, 9 rebounds

Kenyon Martin: 18 points, 11 rebounds
Richard Jefferson: 17 points
Kerry Kittles: 17 points, 8 assists
Jason Kidd: 14 points, 8 assists
Alonzo Mourning: 10 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks
Lucious Harris: 6 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists in 13 minutes

Chicago sweeps series 4-0

Second Round Recap

East
Chicago defeated New Jersey 4-0
Philadelphia defeated Indiana 4-1

West
San Antonio defeated Golden State 4-3
Sacramento defeated Memphis 4-1

Conference Finals
East: Chicago (1) vs Philadelphia (2)
West: Sacramento (2) vs San Antonio (4)

Chicago 83, Philadelphia 69

This was a pretty easy game. Philadelphia led a couple of times early in the game thanks to Allen Iverson hitting a few threes, but he soon cooled off and so did the Sixers. KG again only scored in single digits in the first half, but grabbed 12 rebounds of his 27 rebounds in the first 24 minutes. The Sixers attempted a half-hearted comeback in the third quarter but I pulled away again and cruised to victory in the fourth.

Top Performer

Kevin Garnett (POG): 20 points, 27 rebounds (10 offensive), 7 assists, 2 blocks
Jamal Crawford: 19 points
Scottie Pippen: 17 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
Donyell Marshall: 12 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 9 points, 6 assists
Eddy Curry: 4 points, 6 rebounds

Allen Iverson: 18 points, 4 rebounds
Glenn Robinson: 16 points, 5 rebounds
Kenny Thomas: 13 points, 4 rebounds
Derrick Coleman: 8 points, 4 rebounds
Eric Snow: 4 points, 6 assists

Chicago leads series 1-0
Sacramento holds a 2-0 lead over the San Antonio Spurs
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 03, 2004 6:01 pm

Chicago 106, Philadelphia 89

I had an abysmal start, allowing the Sixers to jump out to an early 13-2 lead. After a timeout I managed to slow them down a little and got back into the game with a couple of baskets off turnovers. I took a 28-25 lead into the second quarter, but Philadelphia wasn't done. I had trouble slowing their fast break, which allowed them to briefly take back the lead. I regained control by the end of the quarter and took a slim 46-44 lead into the second half.

Glenn Robinson got hot in the third quarter as the Sixers refused to give up. I'm usually able to start the third with a good run to open up a double digit lead, but the Big Dog wasn't having any of that. The Sixers tied the game at 54 and hung tight until the final 2 or 3 minutes of the third, when a couple of steals in the frontcourt led to easy layups. I led 78-69 at the beginning of the fourth, which proved to be a comfortable cushion. I played decent defense and made the most of offennsive rebounds, extending the lead and eventually winning 106-89.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 32 points, 19 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks
Scottie Pippen: 22 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals
Kirk Hinrich: 14 points, 3 rebounds, 8 assists, 6 steals
Eddy Curry: 11 points, 5 rebounds
Donyell Marshall: 11 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks
Jamal Crawford: 10 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals

Allen Iverson: 26 points, 3 assists
Kenny Thomas: 20 points, 6 rebounds
Glenn Robinson: 20 points, 5 rebounds
Derrick Coleman: 8 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists
Eric Snow: 9 assists
Willie Green: 2 points, 6 rebounds

Chicago leads series 2-0
Sacramento leads Western Finals 3-0

It looks as though the Kings will advance to the Finals. That should be an interesting matchup.

Chicago 91, Philadelphia 86

All attempts to avoid a similar start to Game 2 were unsuccessful, with the Sixers easily penetrating and getting out on the fast break to build a double digit lead early in the game. I shot very poorly in the first quarter, around 30% if I recall correctly, and trailed 25-12 at the end of the first. I played much better in the second quarter, feeding KG in the post and doing a better job at the defensive end. This time it was the Sixers who shot below 30%, as I took a 38-36 lead into the half.

That lead soon crumbled. Allen Iverson and Glenn Robinson were on fire, and nothing I tried slowed them down. Eric Snow, who was held scoreless in Game 2, repeatedly beat Hinrich off the dribble and managed to slip by my big men for uncontested layups. Philadelphia held a 61-55 advantage heading into the fourth.

My defense was terrible in the fourth, which allowed the Sixers to take a 10 point lead through most of the quarter. With most of my players struggling to score, I decided to get the ball to KG and have everyone get out of his way. It worked, as I finally recaptured the lead 83-82 with about a minute remaining. After scoring a couple of baskets to make it 87-82, we traded free throws for the final 30 seconds, resulting in a 91-86 Chicago victory, and a 3-0 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 40 points, 19 rebounds, 5 assists
Tyson Chandler: 8 points, 4 rebounds
Jamal Crawford: 8 points, 3 assists
Donyell Marshall: 8 points, 3 rebounds
Kendall Gill: 6 points
Kirk Hinrich: 6 points, 4 assists
Scottie Pippen: 6 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals
Eddy Curry: 4 points, 7 rebounds

Allen Iverson: 28 points, 3 assists
Glenn Robinson: 22 points, 3 rebounds
Eric Snow: 18 points, 3 rebounds, 13 assists
Derrick Coleman: 6 points, 8 rebounds
Marc Jackson: 4 points, 5 rebounds

Chicago leads series 3-0
Sacramento leads Western Finals 3-1

Chicago 106, Philadelphia 75

The Sixers looked like repeating their first quarter effort once again, but I matched their tempo and took control by the end of the first quarter. I blew the game open in the second, building a 14 point lead that eventually became 21, resulting in a 60-39 lead at the half. Philadelphia never made a serious run in the second half, and I cruised to an easy 106-75 victory, sweeping the series and advancing to the NBA Finals.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 28 points, 18 rebounds, 3 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 17 points, 6 assists, 4 steals
Scottie Pippen: 13 points, 7 rebounds, 11 assists, 5 steals
Tyson Chandler: 11 points, 4 rebounds
Donyell Marshall: 10 points, 3 assists
Kendall Gill: 8 points
Eddy Curry: 5 points, 8 rebounds
Jamal Crawford: 5 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Lonny Baxter: 2 points, 7 rebounds in 7 minutes

Allen Iverson: 20 points, 5 rebounds
Glenn Robinson: 14 points
Kenny Thomas: 12 points, 11 rebounds
Eric Snow: 10 points, 14 assists
Willie Green: 9 points, 2 assists
Derrick Coleman: 6 points, 9 rebounds

Chicago wins Eastern Conference Finals 4-0
Sacramento wins Western Conference Finals 4-1
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 03, 2004 6:03 pm

NBA Finals Preview
Chicago Bulls vs Sacramento Kings

Regular Season Record:
Chicago: 64-18 (First in Central/East/League)
Sacramento: 53-29 (First in Pacific, Second in West, Third in League)
Chicago won season series 2-0

The Chicago Bulls return to the NBA Finals after missing the playoffs five straight seasons. They will be attempting to win their first title without Michael Jordan, with Scottie Pippen being the only link to the championship teams of the 90s. After a shaky start, the Bulls produced the league's best record and have swept their way through the first three rounds of the playoffs.

Since acquiring Chris Webber prior to the 98/99 season, the Kings have made five straight appearances in the postseason, including an appearance in the Western Conference Finals in 2002 where they lost to the Lakers in seven games. An injury to C-Webb resulted in the Kings' exit in the second round last year. The Kings are making their first appearance in the NBA Finals since coming to Sacramento. They last won the title in 1951, as the Rochester Royals.

Matchups

Centre: Eddy Curry vs Brad Miller
Curry: 7.3 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.9 apg
Miller: 14.5 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.6 apg

The Kings have the advantage when it comes to talent at the centre position, though Curry's bulk should be an advantage at both ends. His size should be enough to hold Miller in check for most of the series, if KG, Marshall or Chandler are available to help out.

Power Forward: Kevin Garnett vs Chris Webber
Garnett: 29.3 ppg, 19.0 rpg, 5.6 apg
Webber: 20.6 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 4.5 apg

C-Webb is a talented forward who has become a much more versatile player since entering the league, but KG's versatility and ability to dominate a game is off the charts. webber is a tough opponent, but the league's MVP still holds a distinct advantage in this matchup.

Small Forward: Scottie Pippen vs Peja Stojakovic
Pippen: 14.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 7.2 apg
Stojakovic: 19.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 3.0 apg

Peja is one of the best shooters in the league. Pippen has certainly lost a step, but he's still a great defensive player and is still capable of putting up 20 points every now and again. This matchup is fairly even. Pippen must contain Peja if the Bulls are to win 4 out of 7.

Shooting Guard: Jamal Crawford vs Doug Christie
Crawford: 13.4 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.0 apg
Christie: 7.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.9 apg

Crawford has the advantage in scoring, but Christie has been posting better numbers across the board during the postseason. Crawford may have trouble putting up big numbers against Christie, but should find a way to get his average. A slight advantage to Crawford due to his points per game.

Point Guard: Kirk Hinrich vs Mike Bibby
Hinrich: 11.8 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 7.3 apg
Bibby: 15.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.2 apg

Hinrich has been awesome in the postseason, posting impressive numbers that exceed his regular season averages. He's still a rookie though, while Bibby is a much more developed player with playoff experience and a more reliable jumpshot. As great as Hinrich has played so far, the advantage goes to Bibby.

Bench:
Tyson Chandler, Donyell Marshall, Kendall Gill, Eddie Robinson, Tim Hardaway, Lonny Baxter, Corie Blount
vs
Vlade Divac, Bobby Jackson, Gerald Wallace, Anthony Peeler, Adrian Griffin, Tony Massenburg, Lawrence Funderburke

The Bulls have one player averaging double figures in scoring, the Kings have none. Both teams aren't very impressive past their first eight players, with Chicago's top three reserves posting slightly better numbers than Sacramento's key backups. The bench is very even, though Donyell Marshall may give Chicago a slight edge.

Schedule

Game 1: @ Chicago
Game 2: @ Chicago
Game 3: @ Sacramento
Game 4: @ Sacramento
Game 5: @ Sacramento *
Game 6: @ Chicago *
Game 7: @ Chicago *

* If Necessary
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue May 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Chicago 111, Sacramento 97

After taking an early lead, I made the mistake of relaxing and underestimating players such as Doug Christie, who scored 8 points in the first quarter. I recovered before they could build a significant lead, but I still trailed 28-25 at the end of the first. The second quarter started with the same back and forth battle as the lead changed hands a couple of times and the score remained close. Some terrific full court pressure resulted in some quick, easy baskets that blew the game open...or so I thought. At halftime, I led 66-50.

The Kings were down, but far from out. They forced me to take poor shots from the outside. Hinrich and Crawford were often slow to get back on D, which meant these missed shots usually lead to fast break points for Sacramento. After trailing by 16 at the half the Kings cut the deficit to three about midway through the third. I rallied and pushed ahead for an 89-73 advantage heading into the fourth. The Kings were little trouble in the fourth and despite Peja making some tough shots on his way to 25 points, they never really threatened to get back into the game.

When the final buzzer sounded, I had a 111-97 victory and a 1-0 lead in the NBA Finals series. KG had also picked up a Triple Double, which came as complete surprise (usually I keep track and try to get the triple double if I'm close enough, but he piled up 10 assists very quietly).

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 33 points, 27 rebounds, 10 assists, 1 block
Jamal Crawford: 21 points, 5 assists, 2 steals
Scottie Pippen: 17 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists
Eddy Curry: 8 points, 3 rebounds
Kirk Hinrich: 8 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals
Donyell Marshall: 8 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists

Peja Stojakovic: 25 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
Doug Christie: 20 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Mike Bibby: 17 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists
Chris Webber: 16 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists
Brad Miller: 4 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists

Chicago leads series 1-0

Even though a loss would probably make things more realistic, I've decided to accept the challenge of sweeping my way through the playoffs. After all, I only have to win three more times for that to happen. ;) Besides, I might not continue this Dynasty past this season, so I'd like to have some fun with it and finish strong.

Schedule

Game 2: @ Chicago
Game 3: @ Sacramento
Game 4: @ Sacramento
Game 5: @ Sacramento *
Game 6: @ Chicago *
Game 7: @ Chicago *

* If Necessary
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue May 04, 2004 7:22 pm

Chicago 103, Sacramento 87

This game started out fairly slow, with neither team reaching double figures in scoring within the first six minutes. The Kings pulled away 19-12 at the end of the first, then proceeded to light me up in the second quarter, taking a 47-37 lead into the half. I was getting pretty mad at the game as some of the plays were pretty frustrating, including a couple of goaltending calls I felt should have been blocks. I was determined not to let them get away in the third, and outscored them 35-17 to take a 72-64 lead into the final quarter. I established a double digit lead early in the fourth, and although the Kings cut the deficit to 9 late in the game, a final run gave me a comfortable 16 point victory, and a 2-0 series lead.

Kirk Hinrich played a much better game, KG picked up another triple double, and Scottie Pippen had a great all around performance. The next two games will be at Sacramento where I can hopefully close the series with a sweep.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 22 points, 17 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 blocks
Kirk Hinrich: 20 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 steals
Jamal Crawford: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 4 steals
Scottie Pippen: 14 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists
Eddy Curry: 10 points, 6 rebounds
Donyell Marshall: 10 points, 2 rebounds
Tyson Chandler: 10 points, 3 rebounds

Peja Stojakovic: 26 points, 6 rebounds
Chris Webber: 14 points, 5 rebounds
Mike Bibby: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 10 assists
Bobby Jackson: 11 points, 3 rebounds
Vlade Divac: 6 points, 4 rebounds
Brad Miller: 9 rebounds

Chicago leads series 2-0

Notes

Chris Webber has been fairly quiet in the first two games. Although he's scored in double figures in both games, he hasn't really caused too many problems for KG, nor been too much of a hassle on the boards. Brad Miller has been a non-factor at the offensive end. The Kings bench has been decent, though it isn't really reflected in their stats. Stojakovic is keeping the games competitive, but he lacks help with the scoring load. After scoring 20 in Game 1, Doug Christie was invisible in Game 2.

Just two more victories stand in the way of the virtual NBA Championship. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheBigEasy on Wed May 05, 2004 4:41 am

Nice finals so far for you ... (Y) But I hope for you, it will get a bit more competitive, cause sweeping your way so easily to the championship just doesnt seem right :D.

Anyway ... nice finals preview, I think I will adapt that and make one for my own dynasty.

Good luck for the next games.

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed May 05, 2004 8:10 am

yea it is a little boring when you just blow out somebody every game thats why its fun to let the cpu play ur games :D

its still a great dynasty just needs to be more competitive. i mean you dont want people to already know that ur gonna win the championship :shock:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Ruff Ryder on Wed May 05, 2004 8:11 am

I feel a sweep coming on... :)

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Wed May 05, 2004 1:48 pm

Even though the final scores don't reflect it, the final two games forced me to play my best.

Chicago 116, Sacramento 91

The change of venue seemed to make a difference in the first quarter, as Sacramento jumped out to an early lead sparked by a 9-0 run. Although I caught up by the end of the quarter, they still led at the end of the first 12 minutes 34-27. I took the lead early in the second, lost it once, but regained it and held it until halftime. Doug Christie played much better, scoring 10 of his 16 in the first half. Eddy Curry had a great first half, scoring 14 of his 19 and making a couple of great defensive stops.

Sacramento collapsed in the second half, allowing me to take a 20 point lead heading into the fourth quarter. Even though they put up a nice scoring effort in the fourth, it was too little too late. With a 116-91 victory, I am one victory away from the championship.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 27 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists, 4 blocks
Eddy Curry: 19 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 blocks
Scottie Pippen: 16 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals
Jamal Crawford: 13 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals
Kirk Hinrich: 12 points, 8 assists, 7 steals
Donyell Marshall: 12 points
Tyson Chandler: 6 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists

Peja Stojakovic: 20 points, 8 rebounds
Chris Webber: 18 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
Doug Christie: 16 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
Bobby Jackson: 14 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
Mike Bibby: 9 points, 4 rebounds, 12 assists
Brad Miller: 5 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks

Chicago leads series 3-0

After being the second option in the first three games of the series, Chris Webber exploded in the first quarter of Game 4, scoring 17 points. I was really surprised (pleasantly, to tell the truth) to see the CPU change its gameplan after losing by double digits three times in a row. C-Webb also equalled his rebounding effort in Game 3 by the end of the first quarter. The Kings led 26-22 at the first quarter break.

Sacramento went back to Peja in the second quarter, and he responded by scoring 9 points. Chris Webber saw limited time in the second quarter, and did not get a shot attempt in the quarter. Peja was the only King doing damage at the offensive end, allowing me to take the lead and run up a 54-42 advantage by halftime. KG had 22 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists in the first half. Donyell Marshall added 12 points and Scottie Pippen contributed 11 points, 3 assists and 4 steals.

The Kings made the mistake of bringing C-Webb back into the game too late, only to take him out again when he picked up his fourth foul early in the third. Peja picked up the slack though, scoring 20 points in the third on 8/10 shooting. His 34 points led all scorers heading into the fourth, but I still held a 76-66 lead.

Webber returned in the fourth, but picked up his fifth foul and was promptly taken out again, leaving Peja to once again carry the scoring load alone. Peja scored 10 points to bring his total to a game high 44, but I jumped out to a 20 point lead and never looked back. When the final buzzer sounded, I had a 108-88 victory, and the NBA Championship trophy!

KG had yet another triple double, Pip had another great all around performance, and Marshall scored 16 points off the bench. It was a great finish to a great season.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 32 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 blocks
Scottie Pippen: 20 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 blocks, 5 steals
Donyell Marshall: 16 points, 2 rebounds
Jamal Crawford: 12 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 10 points, 5 assists, 6 steals
Tim Hardaway: 8 points, 2 steals

Peja Stojakovic: 44 points, 7 rebounds
Chris Webber: 17 points, 4 rebounds
Bobby Jackson: 8 points, 7 assists
Mike Bibby: 4 points, 8 assists
Brad Miller: 4 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks

Chicago wins series 4-0, to become the 2004 NBA Champions!

Finals Most Valuable Player
Kevin Garnett: 29.1 ppg, 18.6 rpg, 6.8 apg, 2.5 bpg, 0.4 spg

Offseason recap coming soon. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kevC on Wed May 05, 2004 1:57 pm

great win (Y)
i want to start a dynasty now cuz i'm pretty bored but i dunno what to do...

btw... are you using my curry? :D
I slip away
I slipped on a little white lie
We've got heads on sticks, You've got ventriloquists
Standing in the shadows at the end of my bed
kevC

Postby FanOfAll on Wed May 05, 2004 2:05 pm

awesome andrew :lol:...congrats on winning it all! are you going to play the next season or start a new dynasty with a different team?
FanOfAll

Postby Andrew on Wed May 05, 2004 2:26 pm

kevC wrote:btw... are you using my curry? :D

No, I'm playing this Dynasty on the PS2. I started it before I got the PC version, and I was enjoying it so much I didn't want to end it and start over again on the PC.

Thanks guys, it was a pretty fun season. It's the first time I've played a full season with 12 minute quarters, without simulating any games. Right now I'm planning to play the next season, though I might start another Dynasty on the side. I'll make a decision soon enough. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kevC on Wed May 05, 2004 2:43 pm

ohh gotcha (Y)
I slip away
I slipped on a little white lie
We've got heads on sticks, You've got ventriloquists
Standing in the shadows at the end of my bed
kevC

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame