Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:57 pm

ruffryder8 wrote:
Andrew wrote:KG has to be MVP. Perhaps I'm a little biased, but he's had few below average performances since I acquired him back in December,

Would those happen to be the below par 20-10-5 games :D

I hope the Nets beat you, cuz its been to long since you've lost :P

Now now, it isn't right to wish bad luck upon a fellow NBA Live player. :scold: :wink:

If the Nets don't end my streak, the next game might. After the Nets comes a rematch with the Lakers. I blew them out earlier this year, but I have a feeling it will be tough to repeat that performance.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:40 pm

Sorry to disappoint you ruffryder, but...

Chicago 92, New Jersey 70

It was fairly close to begin with, but the Nets collapsed late in the third. Kenyon Martin scored only 2 points in the first half, though he managed to pick up his game in the final quarter. It wasn't enough though, as I won my 18th straight game 92-70.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 25 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks
Kendall Gill: 14 points
Kirk Hinrich: 14 points, 10 assists
Jamal Crawford: 10 points, 7 assists
Scottie Pippen: 10 points, 5 assists
Eddy Curry: 8 points, 12 rebounds
Tyson Chandler: 8 points, 7 rebounds

Jason Kidd: 21 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists
Alonzo Mourning: 13 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists
Richard Jefferson: 11 points, 4 rebounds
Kenyon Martin: 10 points, 10 rebounds

Next up: The Los Angeles Lakers, completely healthy though on a one game losing streak (6-4 in their last 10 games, 42-23 for the season).

With the season heading into the final stretch, my schedule is as follows:

March
LAL
@CLE
@TOR
NY
@IND
NJ
MIL
@ATL
@MIA
@ORL

April
LAC
MIA
@NY
ATL
@TOR
ORL
@IND

That's not too bad. 9 of the 17 games are on the road, but I have a fairly impressive road record this season. The only team that might really give me trouble is the Lakers. I shouldn't have to make too many adjustments to keep the rest of the teams at bay.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ruff Ryder on Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:26 pm

Go Lakers!!!

Kobe is due for a big game.

Poor KG. Just 25-17-5. :roll: Man, that's under par. :wink:

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:47 pm

Go Lakers!!!

Kobe is due for a big game.

I'm hoping to once again disappoint. :wink: I'll probably play that game tomorrow, since it's my day off.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby alexboom on Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:58 pm

Andrew wrote:I won my 18th straight game

wow that's quite impressive :shock: are you planning to weaken a bit your team next year to make it a little more challenging ? :)

anyway, this is a good franchise to read (y)
alexboom

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:10 pm

Thanks alexboom, glad you enjoy the updates. :) I haven't thought about weakening my team next year to provide a new challenge. Chances are Pippen will retire or at least greatly decline this offseason, so I'll have to make some adjustments.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:57 pm

Chicago 90, LA Lakers 77

KG was simply awesome against the Lake Show. KG scored our first eight points as the Lakers continued to gain two point leads, only for the game to be tied up again on the next possession. After I took a 10-9 lead about halfway through the first, I would not lose the lead for the rest of the game. KG scored 15 points in the first quarter to go along with 4 rebounds and 3 assists. The Lakers weren't going away that easy though, and only trailed 25-20 at the end of the first period.

In the second quarter Los Angeles' offense fell apart while we had little trouble putting the ball in the basket. KG had another great quarter, scoring 8 points, grabbing 8 rebounds and dishing off for 3 assists to end the first half with 23, 12 and 6. We held a comfortable 45-32 lead heading into the second half.

It was more of the same in the third quarter, as LA struggled to cut into the deficit. KG had 32 points, 19 rebounds and 9 assists by the end of the quarter as I held a 71-53 advantage heading into the final period. I rested KG for the first six minutes of the fourth, then brought him back to finish of the Lakers. Though the Lakers managed to cut the final deficit to 13 as Kobe scored 12 points in the quarter, it was too little too late.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 37 points, 24 rebounds, 10 assists, 1 block, 1 steal
Jamal Crawford: 16 points
Scottie Pippen: 10 points, 3 assists
Eddy Curry: 7 points, 10 rebounds
Kirk Hinrich: 7 points, 7 assists
Tyson Chandler: 10 rebounds in 21 minutes off the bench

Devean George: 20 points
Kobe Bryant: 16 points, 3 rebounds
Gary Payton: 14 points, 8 assists
Shaquille O'Neal: 12 points, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks

Current win streak: 19
Current record: 49-17 (Clinched Playoff Berth)

Chicago 88, Cleveland 81

Cleveland played surprisingly well in the first quarter, jumping out to an early lead which they held for a 20-18 advantage heading into the second. I managed to regain the lead with a 16-0 run, led by KG and Crawford. The Cavs managed to scratch their way back into the game in the third, cutting the lead to single digits. It never got closer than a 5 point game though, and I maintained control in the fourth for an 88-81 victory, concluding the season series with the Cavaliers (a 2-2 tie).

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 26 points, 14 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 blocks
Jamal Crawford: 22 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Scottie Pippen: 12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Tyson Chandler: 2 points, 13 rebounds in 19 minutes off the bench

LeBron James: 23 points, 7 assists
Ricky Davis: 22 points (11 in the final quarter)
Darius Miles: 12 points, 4 assists
Zydrunas Ilgauskas: 10 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks

Current win streak: 20
Current record: 50-17 (First team to 50 wins)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:44 pm

Good to see Curry doing well on the boards :D
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Vins15 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:15 pm

no offense but i'd like to see my favourite Raps end ur streak Andrew :)
Vins15

Postby Bill Russell on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:58 pm

Great read (Y)
Bill Russell

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:45 pm

Vins15 wrote:no offense but i'd like to see my favourite Raps end ur streak Andrew :)

Ruffryder wished bad luck on me, and look what happened to the Nets and Lakers. :P Maybe you'd be better off supporting me - it might jinx me. :wink:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ruff Ryder on Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:50 am

Andrew wrote:
Vins15 wrote:no offense but i'd like to see my favourite Raps end ur streak Andrew :)

Ruffryder wished bad luck on me, and look what happened to the Nets and Lakers. :P Maybe you'd be better off supporting me - it might jinx me. :wink:

Well good luck in the next game (maybe that will work for bad luck).

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby TheBigEasy on Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:05 am

Btw .. whats KG averaging at the moment?
TheBigEasy

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:12 pm

24.9 ppg, 15.2 rpg, 4.8 apg, 2.0 bpg and 0.9 spg. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jase23 on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:10 am

Dam Andrew, my best streak was 19 wins, you beat me :)

Im just one game away from the playoffs, ill play Indiana tonight. First in the East.... will probably play new orleans in round 1.

Havent been able to update my dynasty site for like half the season!! :( been too busy. Might have to revive it for the playoffs :)
Jase23

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:57 am

Cool. (Y) Let me know your final record and place in the standings. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:12 pm

Toronto 88, Chicago 85

I'm actually quite mad about this one, as it was one of those games where the "Comeback Code" totally ruined it. The Raptors hit three after three in the final quarter, no matter what I did. Antonio Davis proved to be too quick for KG, who somehow completely forgot how to play basketball. Needless to say, the three to force overtime was way off, and my winning streak ended at 20 games. I really should have won this one after taking an 83-78 lead, but it's tough when the Code kicks in. The Raptors went on a 10-2 run late in the fourth to capture the lead and the victory.

Anyway, my record is now 50-18. Here are the top performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG despite the loss): 42 points, 21 rebounds, 4 assists
Jamal Crawford: 15 points, 3 assists
Scottie Pippen: 9 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 4 points (1/14 from the field), 8 assists
Eddy Curry & Tyson Chandler: 4 points and 7 rebounds apiece

Vince Carter: 27 points (25 in the second half)
Antonio Davis: 17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists
Lamond Murray: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Alvin Williams: 7 points, 5 assists
Chris Bosh: 7 rebounds

Chicago 75, New York 74

One of the greatest wins of the season! After a frustrating loss I like to blow out the next team, but that wasn't going to happen. From the tip off the game was a tough defensive contest. The Knicks scored the first basket three minutes into the contest, and although it remained close for a little while my offense locked up late in the quarter, allowing the Knicks to jump out to a 25-12 lead at the end of the first.

The second quarter was much of the same. I managed to slow them down a little, but couldn't close the gap. Every time I looked like making a run, the Knicks would score a couple of quick baskets to push the lead back to double digits. At halftime I faced an 11 point deficit, the Knicks in control 40-29. Things weren't much better in the third either, and although I didn't fall further behind I still trailed 58-48 heading into the fourth.

I wasn't about to lose two in a row though, so I kept feeding KG in the post and letting him have his way with the Knicks' big men. Everytime I came close New York inched away, but I managed to catch up. With two minutes left in the game, they held a 74-66 lead. What happened next is one of the most exciting sequences I've ever experienced playing NBA Live.

I managed to bring the score to 75-68 with about 42 seconds left. Somehow I managed to score again quickly to make it 74-70. Hinrich then intercepted the inbounds pass and dished to KG for a dunk to make it 74-72. The Knicks wasted time, with Van Horn launching a three with about 10 seconds left. It missed, and KG got the board. I called timeout with 6.5 seconds left.

Pippen inbounded the ball to Crawford at halfcourt. He held the ball at the three point line, while KG cut to the basket. A quick pass to KG resulted in a dunk...and the foul. KG nailed the free throw for a 75-74 lead. The Knicks had no timeouts left, so were forced to throw up a full court shot. I was very careful not to foul. Though I held my breath, the Hail Mary did not come close and I escaped with a hard earned 75-74 victory!

It may not have been the dominant performance I was hoping for after the loss to Toronto, but I couldn't have asked for a more exciting finish. :)

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 39 points, 20 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks
Tyson Chandler: 8 points, 8 rebounds
Jamal Crawford: 8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Scottie Pippen: 6 points, 5 assists

Allan Houston: 19 points (truly nothing else: 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals and 0 blocks)
Charlie Ward: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Howard Eisley: 10 points
Kurt Thomas: 8 points, 7 rebounds
Dikembe Mutombo: 6 rebounds, 4 blocks

My record: 51-18 (First in the Central, East & League, Clinched Playoff Berth)
Only 13 games left in the regular season!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Boyk on Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:15 am

Holy Shit, KG had over half the teams points, maybe you should make a little article, the Bulls 2003/2004 Season without KG lol
would be interesting.
well something like that anywayz.
Sad to see ya streak end coz of bullshit AI but oh well, you should win the finals with the way KG is playing.
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Drex on Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:01 am

Well good luck in the next game (maybe that will work for bad luck).

Toronto 88, Chicago 85

So that's how it works... :P
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:59 pm

Laddas_KB8_CA15 wrote:Holy Shit, KG had over half the teams points, maybe you should make a little article, the Bulls 2003/2004 Season without KG lol
would be interesting.
well something like that anywayz.
Sad to see ya streak end coz of bullshit AI but oh well, you should win the finals with the way KG is playing.

It was frustrating, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. It might be simply psychological, but I feel that the game actually gets harder when you're on a big winning streak. I noticed the same thing when I had a 26 game winning streak in my Kings Franchise in NBA Live 2002. At the beginning of the streak it was pretty easy, but after I hit the 20 consecutive wins mark, I found myself struggling to play a good game, often scraping out wins in the final minutes.

Another recap:

Chicago 81, Indiana 72

Although I jumped out to an early lead, Indiana managed to catch up and take the lead a couple of times in the second quarter. The game was fairly slow and defensive minded, especially in the third. The score was tied at 52 heading into the fourth, where Indiana kept me on my toes but never took the lead, as I held on for a 9 point victory.

Top Performers

Kevin Garnett (POG): 27 points, 34 rebounds (13 offensive), 9 assists, 3 blocks
Jamal Crawford: 13 points, 3 assists
Scottie Pippen: 13 points, 4 points, 3 assists
Kirk Hinrich: 10 points, 6 assists
Tyson Chandler: 8 points
Donyell Marshall: 8 points, 4 rebounds

Jermaine O'Neal: 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
Jamaal Tinsley: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists
Reggie Miller: 8 points
Scot Pollard: 6 points, 9 rebounds

Record: 52-18
Next opponent: New Jersey Nets (39-30; Season Series tied 1-1)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Vins15 on Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:05 am

Yes :shock: :D my curse to Andrew worked to perfection :P .. Laddas_KB8_CA15 u should start taking sum cursing lessons from me
Vins15

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:22 pm

I play the Raptors again before the end of the season. I'll let KG go for 50, 30 and 15 in that matchup. :P

Chicago 104, New Jersey 85

This one started out as a close game, with New Jersey taking the lead in the second quarter and holding it until half time. Their offense collapsed in the third quarter though allowing me to run up a double digit lead. Though the Nets cut the lead to 8 heading into the fourth, they couldn't maintain the effort in the final 12 minutes, giving me an easy 104-85 victory. Everyone played particularly well, especially KG who picked up another triple double despite a slow start to the game.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 30 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 block, 2 steals
Kirk Hinrich: 18 points, 3 assists
Scottie Pippen: 17 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists
Jamal Crawford: 16 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Kendall Gill: 10 points, 7 rebounds
Eddy Curry: 4 points, 7 rebounds
Tyson Chandler: 3 points, 6 rebounds

Alonzo Mourning: 20 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks
Kenyon Martin: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
Richard Jefferson: 13 points, 3 assists
Kerry Kittles: 12 points
Jason Kidd: 12 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists

Record: 53-18
Next opponent: Milwaukee (25-46; Milwaukee leads season series 2-1)

MVP Watch: KG remains the front runner, averaging 25.5 ppg, 4.9 apg, 15.7 rpg, 2.0 bpg and 0.7 spg
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:01 pm

12 rebounds for KG!! :shock: He is human :lol:
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:13 pm

I know, that's his lowest total since the game he was injured in the first quarter. Ignoring that game, I can't remember the last time he failed to get a double double. :wink:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Bill Russell on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:24 pm

KG got some outstanding rebounding performances... :shock:

Good work (Y)
Bill Russell

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame