Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:35 pm

Played another game.

Chicago 105, Orlando 64

I don't know what went wrong with Orlando, but they didn't have a good game. At the end of the first, I was leading 30-4. I was double-teaming a lot and T-Mac was also in foul trouble early; the game was over after 12 minutes. At halftime, I held a ridiculous 58-13 lead. They came back in the third, mainly because I wasn't playing very hard by that stage. Still, I held an 83-41 lead going into the final period. The last 12 minutes were basically both teams going through the motions, as I managed to snap a three game losing streak.

The game also raised Jalen Rose's stock. I'm now presented with three options:

Option 1: Keep the current roster

This team has gone 13-10, and isn't necessarily in need of sweeping changes. Still, the Orlando game is an exception, not the rule; it might be better to strengthen my roster while I have a chance.

Option 2: Rose/Fizer/Mason Jr for Garnett

KG would give me an awesome frontcourt, a star player who would have plenty of help from Pip and the three Cs. Fizer rarely plays and KG more than makes up for the loss of Rose. Roger Mason Jr isn't a key contributor to the team.

The only disadvantage is KG's contract - he's a free agent at the end of the season.

Option 3: Rose/Fizer/Mason Jr for Iverson/McCaskill

Same two players being traded for a superstar, with Mason Jr again being thrown in to give the Sixers even more incentive to trade. McCaskill is also coming the other way, and will likely be waived. Iverson equals instant offense, something that has been missing in close games down the stretch.

Iverson is only 6'0" though. Also, while he has the ability to deliver 40 points along with 10 assists, he can't do all the things KG can.

Both trades will be accepted by the CPU.
Neither trade is particularly realistic, though still pretty fair as far as the game is concerned.

Your thoughts?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Vins15 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:50 pm

i think ur wasting too much too players on one...i mean I know Iverson and KG are very special but this u wouldn't have as much overall game as before...and i don't think either team wants to trade their Megastar either...
Vins15

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:34 am

I rarely use Fizer and Mason Jr, so it wouldn't be a big loss.

and i don't think either team wants to trade their Megastar either...

In real life, no. But as I said, I've tried both trades and I know they will both be accepted.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ruff Ryder on Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:17 pm

I say keep your current team. But if you were to make the trade, go for KG. He's more versatile, young, and can play almost any position. Maybe if you could trade tyson chandler, marcus fizer, and mason jr., for KG. Then your team would be stacked.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:20 pm

I decided to make changes. So, NBA.com style:

Chicago trades F Marcus Fizer, G Jalen Rose and G Roger Mason Jr to Minnesota for F Kevin Garnett.

Additionally:

Chicago signs free agent G Tim Hardaway.

Haven't played a game with the new lineup yet, though my new starting five will be:

C-Curry
F-Chandler
F-Garnett
G-Crawford
G-Pippen
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Boyk on Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:39 pm

Garnett back at his natural position, i like it.

you have one of the best frontcourts i'd say.
Curry,Chandler,Garnett, nice. Curry and Chandler are still getting better so a great future for ya team :)
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Vins15 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:48 pm

wow :shock: that is a heck of a team...best frontcourt there is i'd say..that may be even better than the Malone Shaq combo
Vins15

Postby Ruff Ryder on Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:38 pm

Can you post some season-stats or averages for your players?

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby TRUball on Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:23 pm

Chicago trades F Marcus Fizer, G Jalen Rose and G Roger Mason Jr to Minnesota for F Kevin Garnett.

Wow, I am surpised the other team actually did this trade, You ripped the other team off imo.
TRUball

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:47 pm

ruffryder8 wrote:Can you post some season-stats or averages for your players?

I'll try to post some this weekend.

Wow, I am surpised the other team actually did this trade, You ripped the other team off imo.

Indeed. It actually hasn't worked out well for either team. We've both gone 1-2 since making the trade. I'll type up some stats and reports later.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:34 pm

I'm back with results, stats, and random comments.

Chicago 85, Detroit 68

KG's first game as a Bull yielded a victory. Slow paced game, the Pistons defended me pretty well but couldn't get it going on offense. I pretty much cruised to victory in the final minutes.

Cleveland 99, Chicago 96

KG's first game in the United Center as a member of the home team was spoiled by LeBron James and the Cavaliers. I had a chance to win to tie the game with a three, but as I tried to get Hardaway into position for a quick three, I picked up a five second violation. All Cleveland had to do was inbound the ball and run out the final 2.1 seconds.

Utah 64, Chicago 62

Yes, that's 64-62, the lowest score I've ever had playing 12 minute quarters, for any NBA Live. This game was just plain ugly. Both teams shot below 30%, and my scorers came up empty down the stretch. Obviously this was disappointing, as one of the reasons I acquired KG was to have a player who could step up and make shots when I needed them most.

New Jersey 100, Chicago 97

The losing streak continues, another distressing loss as the Nets were without the services of Jason Kidd, who is out with a broken bone in his foot. Not much to say, except I simply didn't play well enough in crunch time.

Cleveland 89, Chicago 81

The streak hits four, and I really shouldn't have lost this one. I led 23-12 at the end of the first, and played pretty well throughout. Unfortunately, I allowed the Cavs to get back into the game and they made a determined run in the fourth. In the final three minutes, they managed to pull out of reach as I missed a couple of big baskets and didn't make some stops.

Chicago 110, Washington 88

Determined to break the losing streak and gain revenge for the opening night loss, I got KG involved in the offense early and paid more attention to defense. I also inserted Kirk Hinrich into the starting lineup. Though Jerry Stackhouse would score 44, there was no way I was letting a fifth straight game slip away. The game was over at the end of the third, and the final result was a 110-88 victory.

Chicago 94, Miami 79

The game was pretty close throughout the first two and a half quarters, but through the latter part of the second half I pulled away for a comfortable lead. Again, I made sure KG got involved early, and although he didn't score much in the second half, he didn't need to. The last six minutes were basically going through the motions, picking up NBA Store/Dynasty points in the process.

Chicago 103, Minnesota 85

KG's return to Minnesota saw an awesome performance from the Big Ticket. He had 22 points, 20 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 blocks as his former team were downed 103-85. Minnesota were without Latrell Sprewell and Sam Cassell, though Wally World and Hudson both had good games. I also don't recall Rose being so effective from behind the arc, but it wasn't enough for the depleted Timberwolves.

My current starting lineup:
C: Curry
PF: Garnett
SF: Pippen
SG: Crawford
PG: Hinrich

Chandler is proving to be a very effective sixth man. Donyell Marshall has been playing much better as of late, while Kendall Gill and Eddie Robinson can usually be counted on to chip in here and there. Baxter, Blount and Hardaway usually get into the game in garbage time or if someone is in foul trouble, though they haven't played in a couple of recent games.

Baxter usually plays well given 10+ minutes of playing time, but there's too much talent ahead of him in the rotation. With Chandler playing more minutes at centre off the bench, Blount is playing few minutes. Tim Bug can still play, but with Hinrich, Crawford and Pippen all spending time at point guard, he doesn't usually get a lot of minutes unless the game is a blowout.

I'm really enjoying the season, especially now that I've settled on a rotation that seems to work and suits my style of play. My record is currently 17-14, 7th in the East.

Some stats:

Garnett: 23.3 ppg, 13.6 ppg, 1.9 bpg, 1.2 spg, 4.3 apg, 49.4% FG
Crawford: 17.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.3 bpg, 0.9 spg, 5.2 apg, 33.8% 3PT
Pippen: 16.0 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.4 bpg, 0.5 spg, 4.7 apg, 92% FT
Curry: 11.5 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 2.1 bpg, 0.1 spg, 2.5 apg, 56.9% FG
Chandler: 9.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 2.4 bpg, 0.3 spg, 1.9 apg, 56.7% FG
Gill: 6.2 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.3 bpg, 0.3 spg, 1.5 apg, 95.8% FT
Marshall: 5.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.9 bpg, 0.1 spg, 1.3 apg, 49% FG
Hinrich: 5.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.0 bpg, 0.6 spg, 3.4 apg, 89.7 FT%
Robinson: 4.4 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.1 bpg, 0.0 spg, 0.7 apg, 95.5% FT
Hardaway: 3.2 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.0 bpg, 0.4 spg, 0.8 apg, 54.5% FG, 66.7% 3PT
Baxter: 2.1 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.3 bpg, 0.0 spg, 0.2 apg, 100% FT
Blount, 1.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.2 bpg, 0.0 spg, 0.9 apg
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:06 pm

Great post!! i enjoyed reading it.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Jase23 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:57 am

Yes great posts Andrew, keep them coming. Im at a similar point in my Bulls dynasty aswell. Im currently on an 8 game winning streak which was just what we needed. Our record is still only 14-17, so the 8 game streak has brought us back into contention.
I am yet to do any trades in my dynasty.
Jase23

Postby diafenes on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:04 am

Andrew, have you started a dynasty on the pc yet? cos I was wondering how your sliders stack up on pc?
I don't want to change mine yet (everything seems pretty good except for average around 120 per game) but I do want to get the score down.
so let us know how your going (if your on pc), then I'll probably change my sliders :wink:
diafenes

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:47 am

I probably won't start a Dynasty game on the PC just yet, I'm enjoying this one too much. Right now I'm just using the PC version to make roster patches and to play exhibition games. I have tested my sliders on the PC version though, and there shouldn't be any problems. The gameplay is the same.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby diafenes on Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:24 am

Andrew wrote:I have tested my sliders on the PC version though, and there shouldn't be any problems. The gameplay is the same.

(Y) thanks
diafenes

Postby Vins15 on Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:09 pm

Andrew r u gonna continue this awsome dynasty??
Vins15

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:17 pm

I sure am. Didn't you see my latest recap? :?:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bill Russell on Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:18 pm

No more updates Andrew? I enjoyed reading your thread while I can't get the game to work... Update it, please, :wink:
Bill Russell

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:02 pm

I'll post some more recaps after a few more games. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bill Russell on Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:00 am

What a lazy guy... (N) :D
Bill Russell

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:37 am

I know, it's the height of laziness - not even playing video games. :wink:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bill Russell on Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:06 pm

Humpf... Lazy boy... You are so lazy that you can't even sit on your couch and play some video games... What a lazy boy... I'm not comin' into this thread anymore... (N)
Bill Russell

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:21 pm

Ah well, no point updating the thread anymore.

I'll post some more recaps tomorrow. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Boyk on Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:52 am

sorr yandrew a bit off topic, but did rod thorn really say that when thye drafted michael??
if so then MUHHAHHHAHHAH
thats pretty funny.
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame