[Live 08] Change! The Charlotte Bobcats - Closed

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Re: Change! CHA -Semifinals:Bobcats survives collapse, 3-0

Postby Valor on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:18 am

Sacramento-kings wrote:S you are now in the conference finals, cool. There is no way you can lose 4 games in a row.
but how is Yuta Tabuse's rating 74???

haha hope so....
well, he was around 69 or something at the start of the season, my assistant is a guard specialty one, A+ or A, i just trained Tabuse for the whole season....amazed me how much he developed by
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:06 am

Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:25 am

Drama! Good thing it wasn't one of your better players. :P
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:45 am

Lamrock wrote:Drama! Good thing it wasn't one of your better players. :P

haha, only way i thought of to pull him back to the Front Office, Matt Carroll was hurting my team's chemistry anyways, so i have a reason to cut him now :)
bad thing about it is i dont have a real backup at SF anymore, and Coby Karl would be in my active rotation....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:22 am

Detroit fends off determined Bobcats in OT thriller

OJ Mayo sank in a 3 with 1.1 seconds remaining in regulation to send the game into overtime, however, he was unable to hit the potential game winner in the extra period, and the Detroit Pistons survive an onslaught attack from the Bobcats, who, led by OJ Mayo, Jason Richardson, and Yuta Tabuse, were determined to try and win this one and sweep the Pistons for their former 17 year old teammate who was involved in an accident a few days earlier that put an end to his playing career.

Richard Hamilton was the man in this night for the Pistons, even though he unsuccessfully defended OJ Mayo at the end of regulation, which made the game go into OT, he scored a game high 41 points from 18 of 32 shooting from the field, and had some specular plays throughout the course of the game, the Other Piston that deserves commendation is Rasheed Wallace, who pulled down a game high 18 rebounds and scored 20 points for his team.

Jason Richardson was not happy about the loss, but said that it's only more motivation to finish this series as soon as possible, and they'll show no mercy for the Pistons, Richardson was involved in a heated discussion with Chauncey Billups after his teammate Yuta Tabuse was sent to the floor flying from a foul by Billups, and it very nearly gave him a technical foul.

The Pistons have lost their backup Guard, Will Bynum to injury. Bynum was injured after a collusion with Trevor Ariza late in the third, he has a Sprained Knee and would not be available for action.

The Series is now 3-1, Bobcats lead.

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Change! CHA -Semifinals:Pistons Surviving..3-1

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:24 am

check my dynasty
qfrmcpt310

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:00 am

J-Rich, Bobcats blow past Pistons, Advances to Conference Finals

Jason Richardson was upset that they did not close out the series in game 4, and said that he'll show the Pistons no mercy once they return home for Game 5...he did exactly that tonight, dominating the game and scoring a career high 53 points from 21 of 35 shooting, and also had 6 assists, 3 rebounds, and 4 steals in 27 minutes of play.

The Pistons were led by Richard Hamilton, who had 35 points, and Tayshaun Prince, who scored 23 in the night. Chauncey Billups struggled offensively, but dished the ball well for a game high 17 assists. However, it was not enough to defeat the Bobcats.
"They were just a lot more fierce then us, they came out fired up, played with an intensity that we just did not bring out, it's a disappointing end to the season, but i hope we can use this as a motivation to make a comeback next season" said Pistons Head Coach Michael Curry

It was a very physical game, with some plays from the Pistons which arguably were flagrant, such as Kurt Thomas throwing Bobcats Guard Tabuse onto the floor on a layup attempt, and doing the same thing to Trevor Ariza a few plays later. No flagrant calls were made during the game, but after the game, the officials reviewed it and have fined Thomas for a total of 10,000 dollars.

The Bobcats now advance to the Eastern Conference Finals to take on either the Defending Champions Boston Celtics, or Lebron James' Cleveland Cavaliers.

Image Image
Kurt Thomas Throws Tabuse and Ariza down, calls were changed to flagrant fouls after being reviewed

Highlights
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Change! CHA -Semifinals:Bobcats Blow Past Pistons, Advance

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:27 am

Semi-Finals Results, Conference Finals Preview

Dallas vs Denver
Denver Wins Series 4-2
Notes: Iverson's will and hopes of winning his first ring helped him to propel his team, with his offensive explosion, Dirk, Jason, and the rest of the Mavericks could only stand aside and watch, as the Nuggets advance to the Conference Finals

LA Lakers vs Phoenix
LA Lakers Wins Series 4-0
Notes: Kobe was unstoppable, as usual, but what really got Phoenix a no-win series was Pau Gasol, he averaged around 28 and 12 in this series, enough said.

Charlotte vs Detroit
Charlotte Wins Series 4-1
Notes: Charlotte won 3 close ones, then had a close lost to the Pistons in Game 4, powered by their frustration of losing that game, and their hopes of winning the series for their ex-teammate, they blew by the Pistons and advances to the Conference Finals, Jason Richardson was on fire.

Boston vs Cleveland
Cleveland Wins Series 4-3
Notes: not quite deja vu, but almost there. Like last year's series, this game went to game 7, in Boston, but this time round, Lebron James came out on top, as he defeated the defending champs with a 47 point performance in game 7.

Denver (4) vs LA Lakers (6)
ESPN Prediction: Lakers win 4-2
Notes: Lakers are a very, very good team, and most likely it would be a one sided series, if not a sweep, but Iverson's performances last round against the 1st seeded Mavericks just makes you wonder if something amazing could happen again....

Charlotte (1) vs Cleveland (2)
ESPN Prediction: Cavaliers win 4-2
Notes: The regular season series between these two teams were 3-1 in favor of the Cavs, and Lebron James' performances in the Boston series was enough to make everybody believe it's his time. Looks like this is the end for the Bobcats..or is it?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 am

2009 Playoffs: Eastern Conference Finals vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
ImageImage

Lineups Subjected to change
Charlotte Bobcats
Starting Five
C. Shaquille O'Neal
PF. Michael Beasley
SF. Trevor Ariza
SG. Jason Richardson
PG. Yuta Tabuse

Bench
OJ Mayo
DJ Augustin
Jermareo Davidson
PJ Brown
Jamaal Magloire
Eric Snow
Coby Karl

Inactive Rotation
N/A

Head Coach: Larry Brown
Injury Report: N/A

Cleveland Cavaliers
Starting Five
C. Žydrūnas Ilgauskas
PF. Ben Wallace
SF. LeBron James
SG. Wally Szczerbiak
PG. Mo Williams

Bench
Daniel Gibson
Delonte West
Antonio Daniels
Tarence Kinsey
Aleksandar Pavlovic
Alondo Tucker
JJ Hickson

Inactive Rotation
Lorenzen Wright
Mark Blount
Lance Allred

Head Coach: Mike Brown
Injury Report: N/A

- Bold Indicates Changes during series

Game 1
Date/Time: Wednesday May 20 2009, 8:00pm EST
Series: Charlotte Bobcats 0-0 Cleveland Cavaliers
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Change! CHA - Conference Finals Preview

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:27 am

cant wait 4 gm.1 conference finals
qfrmcpt310

Re: Change! CHA

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 am

Sorry Guys, ending this one as i got a new comp, the dynasty files are corrupted and cannot be run after i transferred over to the new comp...and i reformatted the old one before i realized it..

As my new comp is quite good, i would be starting a 2K9 Association soon (once i get the hang of 2k9...) so stay tuned :)

Winner of the Contest is OrlMagic!! Well Done, Cookie for you (Y) :D

Thanks to all those who followed and commented!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [Live 08] Change! The Charlotte Bobcats - Closed

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Inducted 6/1/09
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame