[Chaser's Warriors 07-08] RETIRED INDEFINITELY...........

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Lamrock on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:25 am

Disappointing games by your starters overall, but Belinelli really stepped up. He could start on any team but yours with his stats.

Nice win, although I was rooting for Memphis... Make them stay as one of only 2 teams in the NBA without ever winning a playoff game. (The other being Charlotte, who still has 2 chances here to make Memphis singled out as the only team)

lol @ Philly beating Toronto by 21 to tie series.
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:41 pm

Lamrock93 wrote:Warriors 2-4 Grizzlies :twisted:

Lamrock93 wrote: I was rooting for Grizzlies though. :x

Lamrock93 wrote:When is the next update? I can't wait for the Grizzlies to negate your homecourt advantage? :twisted:

Lamrock93 wrote:Nice win, although I was rooting for Memphis...

lol OK I get it, you want me to lose, god damn will you stop saying this everytime? Its getting annoying.. (not that I'm like offended but saying the same thing each time is annoying. haha)

Anyways thanks for continually checking in, and yea Belinelli would probably be a starter but only in my rosters. I made him too high overall by accident, and I feel dumb about it. Although I do think Nelson should play him more in real life... Also did you notice you can click the scores to get the box score for each game? In addition ot the other tabs...
Chaser7

Postby TheMC5 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Ahhh, that 1st game against Memphis was vintage Arenas. 31 points and...a whole lot of nothing beyond that! 31 points is still 31 points, though. :wink:

Raptors better beat Philly. Payback for the classic '01 series with AI and Carter going at it.

If you don't win it all, you get the official "Dallas Mavericks Dunce Cap" for most retarded team ever.

All the way, Chaser, all the way!

P.S. Please let Memphis win a playoff game. Imagine how their fans feel! Have a heart, man. :P
TheMC5

Postby Lamrock on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Sorry for the redundancy... :(

Its okay about Belinelli. You play Arenas most of the game anyway. And I noticed the boxscore tabs. Dirk with 38-8-8! 8-)
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:40 am

TheMC5 yea thanks for commenting, and don't worry GS is not Dallas (choke artists)
Lamrock its cool haha

Do you guys really care that I add the box scores for the other games? Its a lotta work, and if no one really cares that much, I'd prefer just posting the scores...
Chaser7

Postby Marquis on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:19 am

The presentation of the last two games are really great. Nice job. Althouh I was not following the regular season, I will start following from the playoffs.
Marquis

Postby homicide1550 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:08 pm

Yeah! Nice win and Belinelli had a great game too... Looks like this will be a sweep!
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Chaser7 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:09 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Click on any of the tabs for the box scores, more pictures, and to see the whole playoff pictures. Scores at top are the scores of each playoff game. This reminder will be here for round 1... No box scores for other games this time it wouldnt let me see them this time...
Chaser7

Postby Chaser7 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:06 am

Ok wow, no responses after the most exciting game of the series... :cry:
The Dallas Maverick's German-born player, Dirk Nowitzki wrapped up his second consecutive regular season MVP award. He led the league in scoring with an outstanding 42.2 points per game while shooting over 60% in both 2-point and 3-point field goal percentage. Currently his Mavericks are leading the Phoenix Suns 2-1 and he hopes to finish off the series against the player who had won the previous 2 MVP's, Steve Nash.
------------------------------------

In a season full of offense, and with not too many players recording many positive defensive statistics, Golden State's Baron Davis managed to pull out the Defensive Player of the Year Award. Davis averaged 1.40 steals per game, and led the league in this category for almost the entire year. Currently he is helping the Warriors in taking a commanding 3-0 lead over the Memphis Grizzlies.

Surprisingly, the Most Improved Player Award was not given to a rising star, but rather to an established veteran who took his game to new heights. Peja Stojakvic, of the New Orleans Hornets took home the award after increasing his scoring by 12 points from the season before. He earned his first All-Star game starting bid, but his team did not qualify for the playoffs.

To no surprise, superstar rookie, Kevin Durant earned the NBA's Rookie of the Year Award. He averaged a Jordan-esque 30.4 points per game, and made sure his Seattle Super Sonics didn't finish last in the league, when many predicted they would. Durant earned a reserve role in the All-Star game as well, his first of many in his career.

Relegated to a 6th man role, after Minnesota Timberwolves' Coach, Dwayne Casey decided to start rookie Corey Brewer, Ricky Davis instead of pouting, embraced his role, and averaged a very solid 19.4 points per game. He sparked the bench and kept the T-Wolves in many close games.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Chaser7

Postby BP8 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:12 am

this is easly one of the best dynastys out here. i can't say anything about aynthing. everthing is great. even if your makeing it on playstation picitures are very good looking. i will defenetly keep my eye on this one

oh and i almost forgot. nice win over memphis. thanks god jackson hitted that three huh
BP8

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:27 am

Nice rewards. lol @ Dirk MVP! Its a shame PPG averages tend to be 10-15 points higher than reality, but still looks great.

Baron DPOY is odd, but good job. :D And Peja always wins MIP on the 360 version too.
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:26 am

Kobe WOW thanks man! Glad to see a new user really appreciate my work! Hope you keep following and commenting! :wink:
Lamrock Yea the Awards (not REwards haha) were a bit strange. I don't know why Dirk winning MVP is funny though, I mean he won it last year. Unless you were laughing at his scoring average than yea. And when are you going to update your Sonics Dynasty, I thought you said you have it up by last Sunday?

Next game should be up soon although I can't give a definite time frame, I have finals right now so we'll see..

Oh yea I might be posting the precursor to my next dynasty though, but don't worry I'm going to finish this one strong!
Chaser7

Postby Lamrock on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:29 am

Yeah, I mean awards. Dirk winning MVP is funny because after the first round choke, there is absolutely no way, barring some Wilt-esque numbers, and Dallas winning 70 with Howard injured somehow, that Dirk wins MVP. They just won't let him after last year.

As for my Sonics dynasty, well, I just haven't felt like it, as I have been working on school and my flash game. I'll have the rest of the recap up by Winter Break, hopefully before X-Mas. (Y)

Looking forward to Game 4. Hopefully Charlotte wins, and Memphis loses. Good to see you left that in the recap.
Lamrock

Postby homicide1550 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Sweep them Grizzlies! hehe.. I think my prediction is going to be right! Good luck next game buddy!

And congrats on winning some of the awards, especially Boom Dizzle winning Defensive Player of the Year! (Y)
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby jonthefon on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:45 pm

Hehe, the crazy sim statistics ;)

The only thing preventing me from rooting for you is so that I can get over my bitterness of Dallas' 67-win choke ;)
jonthefon
Fucking pissed off.

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Lamrock Haha its alright man, you don't have to switch allegiances, you can still root for Memphis, I was just pointing out how you said it in every post. Don't worry its cool. Keep checking in!

homicide Yup, yup, still haven't played game 4 yet, but I might either tomorrow or the day after.

JTF Sorry, GSW are too awesome, but you should keep checking in here and commenting (Y) haha :wink:
Chaser7

Postby Chaser7 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:49 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Click on any of the tabs for the box scores, more pictures, and to see the whole playoff pictures.˜

EDIT: I had to redo the top becuase some of the scores were changed, see a couple posts below. Anyways, no more boxscores for other games, but here are the updated scores for Game 4's for all series
Last edited by Chaser7 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaser7

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:20 pm

Hell yeah! My prediction was correct! Good job on that sweep! I think I didnt do well in my predictions on the other series’.
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Chaser7 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:34 am

homicide Yup, I'll sim the rest of the series soon, surprised Houston got a game 4 in San Antonio without Yao, and looks like Phoenix is on its way out, but they've overcome 1-3 deficits before in the 1st round..
Chaser7

Postby Lamrock on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:34 am

Dominant Game 4. Good luck against Sacramento. (No revenge for you it looks like)

Charlotte getting swept... (N)
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:27 pm

Ok guys really bad news:

My idiotic sister turned off my ps2 before I had saved the game, so I'm going to have to redo the game 4s. I'm not going to make a new recap they take like forever to make, but I will make sure the Warriors win game 4 again. I can't guarantee the other series scores will be the same though.

Sorry, either way though Warriors are advancing to round 2 in a sweep..
Chaser7

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:35 am

No big loss. :wink: Just keep the recaps, and maybe load it up a couple times to have the same wins and losses from that day. It will be fine. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:33 pm

Ugh sorry, I have already re-simmed Game 4's, Warriors won by about the same margin (117-93 or something like that) but there are a couple other changes:

Utah Beat Sacramento series tied 2-2
San Antonio beat Houston, win series 4-0.
Phoenix beat Dallas, series tied at 2-2

Oh well, round 2 starting tomorrow!
P.S. No one seems to follow this besides Lamrock and Homicide.. what happened to everyone? then again the forum has been pretty dead lately...
Last edited by Chaser7 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaser7

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:39 pm

Don't feel bad about a lack of replies... I really don't want to end up like one of my useless dynasties that end when I get frustrated about 1-2 people following. Keep this up! It will be a cult classic.

As for the different scores, if I were you, I would modify the post to acknowledge this. Either by posting those boxscores, or the easier task of changing the scores, and the playoff picture, and simply get rid of the SA and Utah boxscores.

It did end up for the better as now you might play Utah now! (Y)

Edit: Would you look at that? 1100 posts!
Lamrock

Postby TheMC5 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:02 pm

Couldn't let the Girzz win 1 game, just 1 lousy game, could you? Jerk.

Nah, just kidding. Nice win. Looks like you get Sacto next round. Crush those filthy Kings!
TheMC5

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame