[Chaser's Warriors 07-08] RETIRED INDEFINITELY...........

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Andy92_man on Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:03 pm

This is looking really good. You're doing a great job. The presentaation is very very good. Are you doing ESPN recap style for the All-star weekend or are you saving that for the playoffs?
Andy92_man

Postby Phantom18 on Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Andy92_man wrote:This is looking really good. You're doing a great job. The presentaation is very very good. Are you doing ESPN recap style for the All-star weekend or are you saving that for the playoffs?

my sentiments exactly. you work your ass off on this dynasty and because of that it seems like you've got a loyal group of followers. is there any changes in the roster you are looking to make? anything? :) id like to help you decide on something if you are

ps how can i forget your dynasty, thats hard.
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:39 am

Andy92_man: Thanks a lot man for following, I hadn't really thoguht of using the espn format fro the allstar weekend, but now that you mentioned it maybe. I will be defeintiely be using it for the playoffs though, although it will be different since espn updated there style.

ingottiwetrust: a) why did you change ur name to this? I dont get it haha and b) I'm pretty content with my roster for now, as we all know I really ripped of Washington, so I feel kinda bad if I make roster even better through trades. Unless I get the worse of the deal. I'd be willing to trade Biedrens I think, but his decent ratings anc cheap salary make me wanna hold on I guess. Any suggestions?
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:55 pm

Chaser7,
hmm pat garrity could work in ur system quite well...

or brian cardinal

or zarko caparkapa [bring him back damn it :P]
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:05 am

Week #14
------------------------------------------------------------------
l 2-0 @ home l 2-0 on road l 4-0 overall l No Injuries l

Image @ Image
(10-33)--------------------------(36-8)

Box Score
Warriors: 109
New York: 87

Wright puts the exclamation point down
-----------------------------------------------------

Oakland, Ca. (AP Press) -- The Golden State Warriors used a strong 2nd quarter to take control of the game before cruising to an easy win against the New York Knicks. In a matchup between the league's best and worst team, the Knicks managed to play evenly with the Warriors in the beginning before succumbing to their losing ways.

Former Western Conference foe, Zach Randolph returned to Oakland in his only game against Golden State this season, but did not play anywhere near the same level he did against them when he was a Trailblazer. He scored just 10 points and collected only 5 rebounds. Instead the Knicks relied on star guard, Stephon Marbury and his 26 points. Eddy Curry had 13 points and grabbed 6 rebounds,

Jamal Crawford had 12 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds but shot just 3-14 from the field. "Man, Gilbert was all over me, hacking me, whateva, the refs can't see sh*t!" He yelled after the game.

"They're the best, they got no weakness mayne," said Marbury. "I thought we played aite, yet we still got blown on. I'm sick of this losing, ya feel me?"

Golden State was led by their 2 leaders, Gilbert Arenas had Baron Davis. Arenas scored a game high 29 points on an impressive 11-16 shooting, while Baron Davis added 19 points and 10 assists. 6th man, Marco Belinelli added 19 of his own, while fellow rookie Brandan Wright had 11 points on 4-4 shooting. The Warriors were able to mostly relax in the 4th quarter, allowing their reserves to play extended minutes, while their starters received valuable rest for their upcoming games.

The Warriors will go on a mini-2 game road trip and face the 2nd best team, the Houston Rockets, and then the New Orleans Hornets before returning home and facing former Warrior Jason Richardson.

ImageImage
ImageImage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image @ Image
(37-8)-------------------------(33-11)

Box Score
Warriors: 121
Houston: 120

Baron Davis posterizes Yao Ming

----------------------------------

Houston, TX. (AP Press) -- Just how good are these 2007-2008 Golden State Warriors? Just ask their opponents, the Houston Rockets, who lost once again to the Western Conference rivals. In a closely contested game, the Warriors managed to squeak by 121-120 when Steve Novak's shot 3-pointer rolled out and Yao Ming tipped it in harmlessly as the buzzer sounded.

Baron Davis led a very balanced scoring attack with his 28 points and 8 assists. Gilbert Arenas had 22 points and 8 assists, Stephen Jackson had 23 points, including 5 3-pointers, and rookie Marco Belinelli had 21 points on 4-4 3-point shooting. The Warriors needed each and ever last points to overcome Yao's 35 points and 11 rebounds and Tracy McGrady's 31 points and 7 assists. Yao once again pounded the Warriors, although this time he didn't quite have the same dominant game scoring "just" 35 instead of 64. This time, Nelson went small, playing Harrington at center, causing mismatch problems and confusing Yao in the post all night long.

The game was close throughout, and was tied at 80 after the first three periods. The Rockets seemed like they were pulling away however, going up by 6 with 1:03 remaining on Steve Francis' jumper. However, Davis quickly answered with a dunk a steal and another layup to pull within 100-98. The Warriors managed to stop the Rocket's on the next 2 posessions, before Arenas hit a game tying 17 foot jumper off a dish from Davis, with 5.4 seconds remaining in regulation.

In overtime, the Warriors started off strong as Jackson hit a 3, to begin play. However the Rockets then reeled off 11 consecutive points forcing Coach Don Nelson to use a timeout. The Warriors regrouped and went on 2 separate 8-0 runs, and another Jackson 3-pointer put them 121-118 with 15.4 seconds to play. Coach Rick ADelman called timeout, but the play broke down setting up Novak's desperation 3-pointer.

"Unbelievable game by Baron. He really carried our team tonight. He scored, he passed, he defended, he did everything. I'm really proud of how he played tonight," said Nelson. "Al played great too. We can live with giving up 35 to Yao, just not 64."

ImageImage
ImageImage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image @ Image
(38-8)-------------------------(22-21)

Box Score
Warriors: 103
New Orleans: 94

Arenas lit up the Hornets with this 3 in front of their bench

New Orleans, LA. (AP Press) -- Just 24 hours after defeating his team's top foe in Houston, and now facing his former team, instead of playing like he was exhausted, Baron Davis motivated his teammates to come out and play with energy and passion. The Warriors jumped out to a 32-16, 1st quarter lead over the New Orleans Hornets, despite the fact that it was their 3rd game in 4 nights, in their 3rd time zone.

Davis led his team with a team high 30 points and dished out 8 assists. His strong play torched Hornet's star play maker Chris Paul, especially in the 1st. Davis repeatedly drove around Paul and either finished at the basket or passed out to a teammate. Davis' play reminded Hornets fans just how explosive he was in his time in New Orleans, and he made them cringe after each ankle-breaking crossover.

"Aw man, Davis was a beast, I remember. I can't believe he's still got it!" said 11-year old fan Timmy Smith.

Still the Warrior's fatigue nearly caught up to them in the 4th when the Hornets made their rally. Headed by their star signing of the 2006 offseason, Peja Stojakovic led his team with 31 points and sparked the Hornet's furious rally. Recently signed, Mo Peterson brought the hornets within 94-89 on his 3-pointer with 2:30 remaining in the game. However, because Coach Nelson was forced to depend on his reserves in order to provide some much needed rest for his starters, rookie Marco Belinelli was depended on to hold the lead.

Belinelli scored 15 points in the game, including 8 of them in the final 2 minutes to preserve the Warrior lead, and a series of stop by the Warriors allowed them to hold on for the victory. Gilbert Arenas finished off the game with some clutch free throws anf finished with 22 points in 22, foul-plagued minutes. Stephen Jackson added 12 points, and Al Harrington added 9 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds.

"We are really looking forward to our day off tomorrow," Nelson began. "We really need it, just a brutal schedule this past week. Baron played great and he really carried us on his back tonight. Without that 1st quarter, we probably wouldn't have won tonight.

ImageImage
ImageImage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image @ Image
(22-22)-------------------------(39-8)

Box Score
New Orleans: 113

"Where friends become foes"..... It just doesn't seem right......

Oakland, CA. (AP Press) -- In front of a record-setting, sellout crowd of 21,342, a teary-eyed Jason Richardson addressed his former die-hard fans before the game with short speech. "I just wanted to thank all of you for your incredible support. Without your encouragement, I would never be the player I am today. I know last season was an incredible ride, and I want to thank all of you for sharing it with me. You guys will always be some of my top fans," Richardson announced.

Receiving deafening cheers when his name was called in the starting lineups, Richardson, AKA J-Rich proceeded to light up his former team for a game high 43 points. He, along with Gerald Wallace (who had 31 points and 10 rebounds) led an incredible rally by the Bobcats against the Warriors to tie the game at the end of regulation after Wallace hit a game-tying 3-pointer with 0.6 seconds over the outstretched arms of Gilbert Arenas.

The Warriors led 80-64 entering the final period, but J-Rich, G-Force and the 'Cats never went away. All of a sudden the Warriors' couldn't buy a basket against Charlotte, nor could they make a stop. Wallace shot an unbelievable 7-12 from 3-point range, nailing step back after step back.

"I dunno, I was just in the zone, ya feel me? It was just one of those nights where everything that left my hands was good," said Wallace.

However, in the extra period, Golden State regained control behind the big night of Baron Davis. Davis scored 11 of his 35 points in the OT, and spearheaded to separate 11-2 runs. His intensity inspired his teammates to close out the Bobcats and to continue their current 9 game winning streak.

Davis finished with 35 points and 9 assists. He shot 11-16 from the field, including 4-5 from 3-pointers, and 9-9 from the line. Arenas also scored an impressive 30 points and registered 6 assists and 5 rebounds as well. Brandan Wright had a solid game off the bench, scoring 11 points and grabbing 6 rebounds. Andreis Biedrens played his strongest game of the seaso, with 10 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

"I'm no longer mad at the Warrior's organization or anything like that. This is a business, and I have to understand that. Clearly they are doing really well this season, and they probably wouldn't have made the trade for Gilbert if I was still here. And no I wasn't trying to stick it to them tonight, I was just doing my thing," said Richardson with a wink.

Next week will be the last full week before the all-star break.

ImageImage
ImageImage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standings
Pacific
Northwest
Southwest
Atlantic
Central
Southeast

Award Winners

Rumor Central :new:
Wade dealt? Heat ahve already dealt Shaq...
-----------------------------------------

Power Rankings
----------------------------------------

Rookie Watch
ImageMarco Belinelli: 14.9 ppg l 2.8 rpg l 2.5 apg l 18.47 mpg l
ImageBrandan Wright: 6.3 ppg l 4.9 rpg l 1.3 apg l 20.61 mpg l

Weekly Transactions
None

League Leaders
ImageD. Nowitzki 42.8ppg
ImageK. Bryant 40.2 ppg
ImageC. Bosh 39.1 ppg
------------------------
ImageT. Duncan 7.5 rpg
ImageS. O'Neal 6.7 rpg
ImageY. Ming 6.6 ppg
------------------------
ImageB. Davis 1.91 spg
Image G. Arenas 0.91 spg
ImageK. Bryant 0.90 spg
-----------------------
ImageT. Duncan 7.0 apg
ImageA. Miller 6.6 apg
ImageB. Davis 6.3 apg
---------------------------------------------

Weekly Injuries
Imagel S. Nash l broken toe l unplayable l 13 days
Imagel K. Martin l dislocated shoulder l unplayable l 6 weeks
---------------------------------------

comment if you're reading this! :D thnx!
Chaser7

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:20 am

ingottiwetrust: Hmm.. Pat Garrity is actually an interesting suggestion, I once had him on the Warriors before, I might try and get 'em. We'll see what happens! keep watching!

And to everyone else, why no comments? Is it the team? Do people just not like my team? Whatsup? I'm open to change...
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:39 am

Chaser7,
i like your team but i do feel some changes should be made
Gilbert or BD one of them should go. Because to be honest, thats a 40 million dollar backcourt practically if not now it will be.

EDIT

recommended lineup

C- Biedrins
PF- DWIGHT Howard
SF- Pietrus
SG- Belineli
PG- Arenas

C- O'Brynat
PF- Wright
SF- Barnes [still have him? if not Azubuike?]
SG- Stephen Jackson
PG- Payton?

damn im not 100% certain of whos all on your team :P

how u get Dwight Howard now thats up to you.
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 am

gotti: check the first post, my current lineup is there ;) , hmm thats an interesting lineup, I would start Jackson over Pietrus though. Thats a very good recommendation because Howard would fit in really well with the uptempo offense.
And no I don't have Barnes (Arenas trade) and I forgot to create Azuibuike)
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:03 pm

Chaser7,
hm nah id keep jackson on the bench where he would destroy as a sixth man
;)
see my Lakers dynasty?

the funny part of it is
my procedures
i have MAKE BACKUP like 10 times haha
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Week #15
l 2-0 @ home l 1-0 on road l 3-0 overall l No Injuries l

Image @ Image
(32-17)--------------------------(40-8)

Box Score (lost pix, sorry)
Sacramento: 112

Warriors Overcome Bibby's Big Night, rally for win in OT

Jackson blocks Miller!

Oakland, Ca. (AP Press) -- Golden State was facing an impossible task- rallying to defeat the Sacramento Kings even with Mike Bibby on fire. Chalk it up as another victory.

The Kings were leading 81-68 entering the final period, and it seemed like the Warrior's 10 game winning streak was going to be snapped. Not so. Baron Davis led a furious 4th quarter rally to tie the game up with 5.4 seconds remaining in regulation with his fast break layup. The Kings were leading 104-100 with 40.3 seconds remaining and had possession of the ball. However, Gilbert Arenas stole the ball from Quincy Douby and drove in for a dunk to pull with the Warrior's within 2 with 33.7 seconds to go. Mike Bibby wound the clock down, but Davis picked his pocket and drove it in for the tying layup.

"Oh man that was wild, I can't believe me and Gil had those back to back steals," said Davis. "Bibby is so reliable, but he lost track of the ball for a sec, and I just found an opening."

Bibby, in fact was the only Sacramento putting up any sort of resistance in the 4th, draining 4 huge 3-pointers, with all of them having a hand in his face. Bibby finished the night with an unbelievable 45 points, shooting 7-9 from 3-point range. However, he did not get much support besides from volatile Ron Artest who had 24 points. No other Kings player finished in double figures.

The Warriors were ice-cold through the first 3 quarters before they began to heat up in the final period. Davis finished with 27 points and handed out 11 assists. Arenas finished with a team high 35 points, which partly helped negate Bibby's unbelievable effort. Stephen Jackson had 16 points, including some big 3's in overtime to help the Warriors take control.

The overtime period was all Warrior's, as they scored the extra period's first 9 points, before another Bibby 3. All the momentum was on their side with the roaring Oracle crowd arena cheering loudly.

ImageImage
ImageImage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image @ Image
(24-24)-------------------------(41-8)

Box Score(lost box scores again, sorry)
Warriors: 95
Chicago: 86

Warriors Sweep Series vs Bulls

Jackson soars in for the layup

Oakland, CA. (AP Press) -- The Golden State Warriors have now won a season high 11 games in a row after defeating the Chicago Bulls 95-86 tonight. The Bulls still failing to live up to expectations were dominated throughout, with the final score not reflecting what was actually happening.

Baron Davis led the way with a flurry of dunks and jump shots and finished with 32 points and 7 assists. His matchup with Kirk Hinrich was intense, with Hinrich with the individual statistical battle and Davis winning the game. Hinrich had 35 points and 8 assists, but also 5 turnovers. Similarly to Mike Bibby's game 2 nights ago, Hinrich hit a variety of outside jump shots, torching Davis and the Warriors.

The Warriors were leading by 19 entering the 4th, but as Nelson put in his reserves, the Bulls kept in their starters. Ben Gordon led a few short runs, to close the lead to 5 with 2 minutes to go.

Enter Gilbert Arenas and Davis. Davis found Arenas open for consecutive 3-pointers to push the lead back to 11 and the game out of reach. Arenas also had a strong game, finishing with 24 points.

"Both 3's were just wide open, mayne," Arenas said. "BD found me wiiiide open, they were really easy to make, anyone could have done it, even Andreis," he joked.

ImageImage
ImageImage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image @ Image
(42-8)-------------------------(32-19)

Box Score
Warriors: 105
Sacromento: 102

Warriors survive King's rally

Baron was unstoppable

Sacramento, CA. (AP Press) -- The Warriors were cold. Ice cold in fact. Leading by 14 entering the 4th quarter, the Warriors looked like they would be winning their 12th game in a row easily. Not so. With the deafening crowd of Arco Arena, once known as the NBA's greatest fans, the Kings forced the Warriors into 13 consecutive missed shots.

The Warriors missed shot after shot. 3-pointer after 3-pointer, layup after layup, and their 89-75 lead vanished just 3 minutes into the quarter. After Ron Artest's dunk and Bibby's layup, the Warriors found themselves trailing 90-89.

"It was ridiculous, it was like we forgot how to play basketball." said Baron Davis.

Meanwhile the Kings seemed like they were going to avenge the Warriors' comeback loss on tuesday. However, the Warriors finally woke up after Bibby's layup, and Arenas finally got a 3-pointer to go down to retake the lead, 92-90. The game was a seesaw event from there.

Sacramento retied the game at 102 on Bibby's 3rd 3-pointer of the game, but the Warriors called timeout. With 7 seconds left, Davis drove to the hoop and hooked it around to Al Harrington. Harrington, pump faked, drew Brad Miller into the air and slammed it home while drawing the foul. He knocked the free throw and Artest's desperation 3-pointer wasn't even close as time expired.

Davis finished with 23 points and a game high 12 assists, while Gilbert Arenas had a game high 33 points, including 5-7 from 3-point range. Marco Belinelli had 17 points off the bench. Bibby had 19 points, Artest had 24 points and 10 rebounds and Miller had 22 points and 6 rebounds.

"Baron set up real well, all I had to was drop it in. We couldn't hit a shot if the basket was 100 feet wide early in the 4th, but I'm glad we hung on." said Harrington.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hill to retire? Apparently no....

Power Rankings

Rookie Watch
ImageMarco Belinelli: 15.0 ppg l 2.9 rpg l 2.5 apg l 18.47 mpg l
ImageBrandan Wright: 6.1 ppg l 4.8 rpg l 1.3 apg l 20.61 mpg l

Weekly Transactions
ImageImageLakers trade M. Evans to Trailblazers for D. Jones
ImageImageLakers trade C. Mihm to Nets for D. Fisher (Fisher traded back.. but at least not for Jaron Collins... wow)

League Leaders
ImageD. Nowitzki 42.7ppg
ImageK. Bryant 39.6 ppg
ImageC. Bosh 39.5 ppg
------------------------
ImageT. Duncan 7.6 rpg
ImageS. O'Neal 6.7 rpg
ImageY. Ming 6.6 ppg
------------------------
ImageB. Davis 1.71 spg
Image G. Arenas 0.90 spg
ImageK. Bryant 0.88 spg
-----------------------
ImageA. Miller 6.8 apg
ImageT. Duncan 7.8 apg
ImageB. Davis 6.4 apg

Weekly Injuries
Imagel J. Stackhouse l neck spasm l playable l 4 days
Imagel A. Mourning l strained achilles tendon l unplayable l 5 days

Comment appreciated!
Last edited by Chaser7 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:03 pm

looks good but wtf? mihm for fisher?
thats like trading baron davis for sam cassell
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:52 pm

gotti:that trade isn't THAT bad..the only real bad thing is that Fisher was traded earlier for Jaron Collins, and now he was traded back to the Lakers for Mihm...
Chaser7

Postby Andy92_man on Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:11 am

If I was you, I would trade either B-Diddy or Gilbert for a center or a power forward, like Dwight Howard or Amare. That would be great for your team.

Looking forward to the All Star Weekend. Keep up the good work, and let us see a trade before the deadline :D
Andy92_man

Postby Phantom18 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 am

Andy92_man wrote:If I was you, I would trade either B-Diddy or Gilbert for a center or a power forward, like Dwight Howard or Amare. That would be great for your team.

Looking forward to the All Star Weekend. Keep up the good work, and let us see a trade before the deadline :D

tehe thats what i said ;) great minds think alike
id honestly say trade Davis for these reasons
1) hes more injury prone
2) hes not a great shooter
3) you got enough dunking guys you dont need Davis.

reasons i say to get Howard
1) he can play PF next to Biedrins thats scary
2) hes good for 12-15 rebounds a game
3) he is someone you can actually build a damn good team around look at Orlando ;)
4) hed be a nice pickup to make a playoff run.
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:53 am

andy 92: thanks for continuing to check in, trade baron?!?! thats the heart and soul of the team, it'd be hard to do that
IGWT: and have Harrington off the bench? I dunno, Biedrens isnt having a great season for me...
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:12 am

BLAH!
Last edited by Phantom18 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:15 am

IGWT hmm interesting,... I dont have Barnes anymore, I told you that. Also I think Howard is still being paid his rookie ssalary, Baron is making 16 mil and Baron hasn't been injured yet haha, *knocks on wood
I'll try if others who are following but not commenting agree ;) haha
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:21 am

Chaser7,
Hudson/Jasikeviscious+Croshere+O'Bryant+Davis
for
Augustine+Arroyo+Turkoglu+Howard

you free up some cap room because Augustine and Arroyo are expiring contracts

err you dont have Hudson no more fuck u got rid of all your good trade bait with that move lol hm throw Jasikevicious
whats up with u having players names i cant spell? :lol:
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:01 am

IGWT: Yeah it'd be tough plus that'd be like trading half my team, although only losing one key player. However, I think I should mention my team chemistry is PERFECT right now and making such a massive trade could potentially mess it up. Anyways, I'm loving the feedback, and if anyone else has some that'd be great!

PS next update should be up shortly...
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:03 am

Chaser7,
hm i still think you should try to get Turk though :)
just look at player info in the gm desk
see what player is unhappy and get Turk :P
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:20 am

Week #16
l 1-1 @ home l 0-0 on road l 1-1 overall l No Injuries l

Image @ Image
(20-26)--------------------------(43-8)

Box Score
Warriors: 112
Washington: 82

Warriors crush Wizards behind Belinelli

Belinelli was on fire

Oakland, Ca. (AP Press) -- Monta Ellis and Matt Barnes had fond memories of Golden State, they had been through one of the greatest post seasons runs of all time- but their return is something they'll probably want to forget.

The Golden State Warriors soundly defeated (and embarrassed) the visiting Washington Wizards 112-82. The Warriors were in completely control right from the beginning taking a 35-11 first quarter lead. By the end of the 3rd the lead was 96-60, and there were no signs of a let down. Coach Nelson went deep into his reserves, opting to play a lineup of Gary Payton, Sarunas Jasickevcus, Mickeal Pietrus, Maurice Taylor and Austrin Croshure, the entire 4th quarter.

The game, however was not blown open by former Wizard Gilbert Arenas, but rather rookie Marco Belinelli who scored a career high 37 points on 13-19 shooting. Belinelli shot an outstanding 7-8 from 3-point range. He probably would have had a chance to reach 50, if he had played longer.

"Everything I shot was good. I had a real nice touch tonight. Good job by Baron and Gary for getting me the ball tonight," said Belinelli.

Baron Davis had 12 points and 3 assists, while Payton came off the bench to score 15 points and hand out 7 assists. Belinelli's stellar play allowed Nelson to rest Arenas and play him just 13 minutes. Arenas finished the night with 16 points. Every Warrior player scored showing how weak Washington's defense was tonight.

Ellis and Barnes did both have solid games, scoring 16 points and 12 points respectively. The Wizards were led by Caron Butler and his 22, but it was not nearly enough. Washington as a team only had 18 assists, a season low.

"We played reeeal bad tonight, obviously one of our worst games of the season," said Coach Eddie Jordan. "I guess we're going to need to focus more on defense, but this was just ridiculous. Every Warrior scoring? C'mon!"

ImageImage
ImageImage

Image @ Image
(33-11)-------------------------(44-8)

Box Score
Warriors: 127
Phoenix: 130

Warriors' 13 game winning streak snapped

Baron Davis dunks a game-tying basket over Steve Nash

Oakland, CA. (AP Press) -- Steve Nash breathed a sigh of relief when Gilbert Arenas' 3-pointer rimmed out as time expired- his Phoenix Suns had outlasted the streaking Golden State Warriors in a high scoring duel. In probably the best game of the 2007-2008 NBA season so far, the Suns squeaked by 130-127 in overtime, in the last game for both teams before the all star break. In doing so, Phoenix ended Golden State's season high 13 game winning streak, despite playing without injured star Shawn Marion.

The Suns instead relied on Amaré Stoudamire who lifted the team on his back en route to his 49 point night. Stoudamire would repeatedely postup the weaker Al Harrington and scored on turn-arounds, dunks, and lay-ups. Nash finished the night with 23 points and 7 assists. 17 of those points coming in the 4th quarter and overtime.

"This took a lot of energy out of us, we had to really dig deep without Shawn," Nash commented. "Somehow, someway, we managed to defeat the league's best team on the road, and now we have a lot of momentum heading into the break."

Golden State counted with 5 players in double figures, but it was not enough. Baron Davis had 26 points and 12 assists, including the game tying dunk that forced the extra period. Arenas added a team high 34 points, while Stephen Jackson chipper in 15, but only on 5-17 shooting. Marco Belinelli had 12 points to follow up his 37 point scoring outburst just 2 nights before. Harrington had a strong game offensively with 17 points and 12 rebounds, but he was overmatched defensively.

"I couldn't stop Amaré, he was a beast. Whatever I tried to do, he still scored, man if we just won tonight we would have so much momentum, but I guess it brings us down to earth." said Harrington.

In Overtime, the high scoring duel continued, with neither team being able to really pull away. Arenas continued to carry the team offensively in the extra period scoring 6 points. Finally with 23.4 seconds remaining the Suns took a narrow 128-125 lead, after Nash pulled up for a jumper. On the next possession, Davis missed a contested 8 foot jumper and Nash was fouled. He made both free throws, and Arenas quickly raced down court to hit a 19 footer. Raja Bell then missed both free throws, and the Warriors called timeout. However, Belinelli's 3-pointer rimmed out as time expired, letting down the sellout crowd.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hill to retire? Apparently no....

Power Rankings

Rookie Watch*stats not updated, special post after all star break
ImageMarco Belinelli: 15.0 ppg l 2.9 rpg l 2.5 apg l 18.47 mpg l
ImageBrandan Wright: 6.1 ppg l 4.8 rpg l 1.3 apg l 20.61 mpg l

Weekly Transactions
None

League Leaders *stats not updated yet, special post after allstar break
ImageD. Nowitzki 42.7ppg
ImageK. Bryant 39.6 ppg
ImageC. Bosh 39.5 ppg
------------------------
ImageT. Duncan 7.6 rpg
ImageS. O'Neal 6.7 rpg
ImageY. Ming 6.6 ppg
------------------------
ImageB. Davis 1.71 spg
Image G. Arenas 0.90 spg
ImageK. Bryant 0.88 spg
-----------------------
ImageA. Miller 6.8 apg
ImageT. Duncan 7.8 apg
ImageB. Davis 6.4 apg
Chaser7

Postby Phantom18 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:23 am

Chaser7,
the mvp rankings look very solid up there
and at least you lost to Phoenix [realism ;)]
Phantom18

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:22 pm

ROOKIES

GREG ODEN (POR)- 7'0 250 lbs Center 19 years old, #1 overall

l 13.7 ppg l 5.8 rpg l 3.5 apg l 0.31 spg l 0.44 bpg l

Dubbed as the next "Bill Russell", Oden so far has had a strong rookie season for the Trailblazers. He has immediately stepped into the starting center role and has put up solid numbers. While his block shot average seems a little low, keep in mind he is only playing 28 minutes a game. (and live sim engine blows)

YI JIANLIAN (MIL)- 6'11 238 lbs Power Forward 20 years old, #6 overall

l 16.5 ppg l 3.7 rpg l 2.8 apg l 0.37 spg l 0.28 bpg l

Playing behind a dearth of solid forwards in Milwaukee, China's 2nd star player has managed to produce very good numbers for a rookie 6th man. Yi is averaging 16.5 ppg, while playing a reserve role for the most part. Although there were many doubters of him before the draft, Yi seems to have to put these criticisms aside.

KEVIN DURANT (SEA)- 6'9 225 lbs Small Forward 19 years old, #2 overall

l 29.3 ppg l 4.9 rpg l 4.8 apg l 0.47 spg l 0.16 bpg l

Durant seems to have not skipped a beat in his transition from Texas to the NBA. Averaging an outstanding 29.3 ppg, he already has drawn tons of comparisons to the all time great, Michael Jordan. If he keeps this up, look for him to solidify those comparisons.

MARCO BELINELLI (GSW)- 6'5 192 lbs Shooting Guard 21 years old, #18 overall

l 15.4 ppg l 2.9 rpg l 2.6 apg l 0.42 spg l 0.15 bpg l

A surprising rookie campaign has lead to a starting invitation to the rookie game for this Italian rookie. Belinelli has turned heads around the league, helping his Warriors to a league leading 44-9 record at the allstar break. Like Yi, he plays a 6th man role due to some solid starters ahead of him, but this hasn't limited him in the slightest.

MIKE CONLEY JR. (MEM)- 6'1 180 lbs Point Guard 20 years old, #4 overall

l 10.9 pgg l 2.8 rpg l 3.5 apg l 0.26 spg l 0.09 bpg l

This former Ohio State Buckeye has taken control of the Memphis Grizzles' starting point guard position and has not been a disappointment. He has put solid number for the Grizzles and is the only Rookie point guard on the game roster. He and Belinelli will split time at the point during the game.

SOPHOMORES

WILL CONROY (LAC)- 6'2 195lbs *Center 24 years old, Undrafted

l 12.1 ppg l 2.3 rpg l 2.2 apg l 0.45 spg l 0.14 bpg l

Will Conroy should not be here. Live not only accidently put his position as a center, but they also gave him a rating of 74. I looked over this by accident, and now this is the result Either way, Conroy is having a decent sophomore season, highlighted by his 12.1 ppg.

ANDREA BARGNANI (TOR)- 6'11 250 lbs Power Foward 22 years old, #1 overall

l 12.8 ppg l 4.4 rpg l 3.9 apg l 0.14 spg l 0.18 bpg l

Bargnani has played in a key role in his Raptor's success this season. He's versatility of being able to play either the 3, 4 or 5, make in invaluable to Toronto. He can start or come off the bench, and is very fundamentally solid. He likes to shoot from the outside, and look for him and fellow countryman Marco Belinelli to get into a outside range shooting game possible.

ADAM MORRISON (CHA)- 6'8 205 lbs Small Forward 23 years old, #3 overall

l 14.1 ppg l 3.1 rpg l 2.5 apg l 0.21 spg l 0.15 bpg l

The leading scorer during the NCAA men's basketball season in 2005-2006 had a relatively weak rookie season. However, in his 2nd year, Morrison has taken great strides in his game, even while playing less minutes due to the team's acquisition of Jason Richardson. Morrison is still a great outside shooter, and can still pullup. He is a great 6th man, and is a key reason why the Bobcats are leading the Southeast Division.

BRANDON ROY (POR)- 6'6 229 lbs Shooting Guard 23 years old, #6 overall

l 27.3 ppg l 3.4 rpg l 3.9 apg l 0.60 sspg l 0.10 bpg l

Roy for R.O.Y. is over. How about Roy for M.I.P. or future MVP? This combo guard has improved his game by leaps and bounds and now is averaging an outstanding 27.3 points per game. This is over 11 points more than last year, and remember he is just 23. Roy is the favorite to win the MVP of the Rookie challenge, and look for him to embarrass more than a few rooks.

MARCUS WILLIAMS (NJN)- 6'3 205 lbs Point Guard 21 years old, #22nd overall

l6.5 ppg l 1.9 rpg l 2.4 apg l 0.23 spg l 0.02 bpg l

Williams seems to be here more by default than anything. He is the #1 overall TRUE point guard prospect in his draft class. Randy Foye is listed at SG, so Williams gets the starting nod at point. He is a great distributor though and he should be able to rack up tons of assists in this high scoring affair.

SETTINGS
- Will play as Rookies
- 10 minute quarters
- superstar
- tweaked sliders for realistic rookie game play (game speed: 55, inside/mid shooting: 60, outside shooting 65)
- Will try to distribute minutes as fairly as possible (note only 2 guards on rookie roster + Corey Brewer, so Jason Smith might not play much)
Chaser7

Postby Andy92_man on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:43 am

Chaser7 wrote:andy 92: thanks for continuing to check in, trade baron?!?! thats the heart and soul of the team, it'd be hard to do that

your welcome. then trade gilbert. but seriously, howard would be a great pick-up for your team.

looking forward to the all-star weekend. great preview for the rookie challenge
Andy92_man

Postby Phantom18 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:37 pm

Andy92_man wrote:
Chaser7 wrote:andy 92: thanks for continuing to check in, trade baron?!?! thats the heart and soul of the team, it'd be hard to do that

your welcome. then trade gilbert. but seriously, howard would be a great pick-up for your team.

looking forward to the all-star weekend. great preview for the rookie challenge

actually theres ways he could get Howard without trading Arenas or Gilbert :)

O'Bryant
Biedrins
Barnes

for
Howard
Reddick

gives Orlando a replacment Center and a backup Center
and gives them Barnes who is prolly a better fit at the 4 then Rashard? if not they get some depth.

iunno...

hows the sound Chaser?
Phantom18

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame