[Wizards..] (NBA Live 07)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Lamrock on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:07 am

Definitely play game-by-game for the Playoffs. Really looking forward to the first round and award coverage! Good luck against... Chicago, right?
Lamrock

Postby Cornerthree on Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:15 pm

What a way to finish the regular season, you have the momentum, just bring it to the playoffs and get the easy wins in the first round and then probably get an early lead in the second one, this would help a lot going into the conference finals(you'll make it, probably)... Good luck as always...
Cornerthree

Postby Martti. on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:12 pm

I'll make them Game by game.

First I'll post a preview of the playoffs..

I have 0 games played..
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby TomCat on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:25 pm

ok, good idea on the preview. i cant wait!!

so will you be using the draft mod for next season, so you can add Oden, Durant .etc??
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby looser on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:41 pm

Great!

I'm waiting for the Playoffs update :wink:
looser

Postby Martti. on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:37 pm

Here's the big picture of the playoffs.

Playoffs - Matchups.

WEST :

[1] Phoenix - Golden State [8]

Phoenix [60-22] -Vs.- Golden State [39-43]
Series Tied 2-2

Season point average :

PHO 369 - 373 GSW

GM's prediction - Phoenix 4-2.

[4] Dallas - Houston [5]

Dallas [55-27] -Vs.- Houston [55-27]
Series Tied 2-2

Season point average :

DAL 369 - 401 HOU.

GM's prediction - Houston 4-3.

[3] Denver - Sacramento [6]

Denver [56-26] -Vs.- Sacramento [43-39]
Series Tied 2-2

Season point average :

DEN 432 - 391 SAC.

GM's prediction - Denver 4-1.

[2] San Antonio - New Orleans [7]

San Antonio [60-22] -Vs.- New Orleans [41-41]
New Orleans leads series 3-1

Season point average :

SAS 408 - 396 NOK.

GM's prediction - San Antonio 4-1.

EAST :

[1] Washington - Chicago [8]

Washington [65-17] -Vs.- Chicago [46-36]
Series Tied 2-2

Season point average :

WAS 378 - 392 CHI

GM's prediction - Washington 4-1.

[4] New Jersey - Indiana [5]

New Jersey [42-40] -Vs.- Indiana [55-27]
Series Tied 2-2

Season point average :

NJN 383 - 381 IND.

GM's prediction - Indiana 4-2.

[3] Cleveland - Miami [6]

Cleveland [59-23] -Vs.- Miami [50-32]
Series Tied 2-2

Season point average :

CLE 386 - 397 MIA.

GM's prediction - Miami 4-3.

[2] Detroit - Orlando [7]

Detroit [60-22] -Vs.- Orlando [48-34]
Orlando leads series 3-1

Season point average :

DET 380 - 419 ORL.

GM's prediction - Detroit 4-3.

Playoffs - Preview.

The playoff matchups are really interesting this year. All series are tied at 2-2 accept the second and the seventh seed matchup in both conferences, where the leader is the seventh seed holder.. That's interesting. It was harder for the Eastern Conference teams to make the playoffs. For example Chicago had 46 wins and were the 8th seed. To look at the West, Golden State had 39 wins and were the 8th. With 46 wins in the West, you could be on the 6th seed, of course that depends on which conference you're in. The Phoenix series - I doubt, that the Warriors could surprise them. Receiving Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson in a big trade to start the season, the Pacers have done much better. The Mavericks-Rockets series.. It will be really interesting. Teams with identical records go head to head.. And teams with great records also.. Houston has scored more points in the four meetings.. I'll give the second round pass to the Rockets.. In the Kings matchup against the Nuggets, although the series is tied, the Nuggets score about 108 points per game. The Kings must look out in the defensive end.. That could end them. The Hornets are behind the Spurs in the Season match ups.. Holy Cow I'll say.. The Spurs's has had 22 losses this season and 3 of them to the Hornets. Chris Paul might lead this team past the Spurs.. Who knows..

To the East side. The Wizards played the last game without all five starters.. So I don't really think that loss counts. Their last meeting, former Wizard Caron Butler scored 33 points. They also have to look out for Hinrich, he can punish you with that jumper.. But I'll think the Wizards will advance.. The Nets-Pacers series.. Pacers, much like the Wizards, are on an amazing season. 55 wins, mean while to notice, the straight losses at the end.. The Nets are ona a better seed thanks to the Division title. But the new-look Pacers will pull it out. No problem.. The Cavaliers and the Heat.. They didn't meet last year.. Not much roster changes.. Series tied at 2 games a piece.. No idea, but I'll give the edge to the Cavs.. The Magic going head to head with the Pistons might be the most surprising match-up there is. Orlando leads the season series 3-1. Much like the Spurs-Hornets series.. If Sheed and Webber cant contain Dwight Howard, you'll never know, what might happen..

Here's our GM's layout for Round 2 :

Phoenix - Houston.
Denver - San Antonio.

Washington - Indiana.
Cleveland - Detroit.

Playoffs Game #1 Up soon!
Last edited by Martti. on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby 312 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:38 am

Ooooo I can't wait!

Postby Martti. on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:34 am

Wizards holds on Bulls late rally - take game #1.
4th quarter intervention

Tyrus 3 point play put the game put of reach for the Bulls.

Wizards 112 - 105 Bulls

* Click for Box scores.

Recap.
D.C,. May., -- The Wizards were holding a comfortable lead heading in to the 4th
quarter. They won the first quarter by six, then let the Bulls score 36 points and found
themselves trailing by 1. Eddie Jordan, a Coach of the year candidate talked with the team
in the half-time and it looked alright.. They let the Bulls score only 12 points and took a 9 point lead.
The 4th quarter started out fine. Changing baskets.. Then the Bulls were unable to contain Kirk
Hinrich. Had to foul him. He had about 10 free throws in the final quarter. He converted a 3-point
play etc.. Then, some turnovers by the Wizards, the lead was suddenly a fragile 2 points.. Then
Gilbert answered with a driving lay-up, then he stole the ball, fed it to Curry and he slammed
it home with a foul. Then, the Bulls fouled intentionally. The Wizards struggled from the line,
which was good for the Bulls. But fortunately for the Wizards the Bulls were scoreless.. Game
#1 victory is their's. Now some other news. Allen Iverson, who had 35 points and 13 assists
in a Denver victory, sprained his toe late in the game. He can play through this injury, but his
performance will be affected for 5 days. Anthony had 30 points in the win. Tyson Chandler is
playing through his sore knee. He'll be less helpful for six days. The Hornets fell to the
Spurs by 37 points.. The Nets lost Cliff Robinson in the second quarter, but were able to pull out
a win against the Pacers. A surprise. Trevor Ariza suffered a minor injury in the Magic's 34 point
defeat to the Pistons. Interestingly, the two games, Pistons and Spurs, the season series was in
favor for the 7th seed team.. Well, no surprise after all..

Some stats :

Most points : 122 - Spurs.
Most Assists : 34 - Spurs.
Best FG% - .547 - Nuggets.

It was a good scoring night for the Western teams and the Pistons. All game# 2 will be here soon!

---------------------------------

Player of the Game : Eddy Curry
| 23 PTS | 11 REBS | 0 ASTS | 1 STLS | 1 BLK | 10-15 FG | 0-0 3 PT FG | 3-3 FT |

ImageImage
ImageImage

All Game #1 Scores.

PHX 91 - 87 GSW
DAL 101 - 96 HOU

DEN 115 - 106 SAC
SAS 122 - 85 NOK

WAS 112 - 105 CHI
NJN 103 - 96 IND

CLE 96 - 97 MIA
DET 121 - 87 ORL

Game #1 Leaders.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Rebounds : Amare Stoudemire - 18
Assists : Allen Iverson - 13
Steals : Jason Terry - 5
Blocks : Amare Stoudemire - 4
3s : Damon Jones - 7

NBA TV 1st Round MVP.

Rasheed Wallace.
| 40 PTS | 12 REBS | 5 ASTS | 3 STLS | 1 BLK | 17-31 FG | 3-7 3 PT FG | 3-5 FT

The NBA TV 1st Round MVP feature will let you see which player is the best in the 1st round.
This will be updated after each game. Player averages are posted. This depends on teams success.
The MVP will be voted in each round.
Last edited by Martti. on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:43 am

Great recap! Can't wait for game 2... Love the detail too, with other game coverage.
Lamrock

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:53 am

Impressive looking dynasty man. I'm glad to see Tyrus Thomas live up to his pre-draft hype in this dynasty, it looks like he's really paid off for you.

Your starting 5 is stacked. :lol: I wouldn't be suprised if you went all the way in the playoffs.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby looser on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:19 am

Great game...
i love the new presentation and the Nba Tv stuff!

Waiting for game 2 :wink:
looser

Postby Cornerthree on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:30 am

Wow, amazing game, I think It was very exciting to play...

Some big numbers from both team's centers, but Wizards pulled it off late, really great win, but this result tells me this series won't be easy at all.. Your presentation is very nice, kinda perfect I'd say, I love it! Kill Bulls in Game 2!
Cornerthree

Postby Martti. on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:32 am

The presentation is my old Philadelphia dynasties one..

Thank you guys! Will play the game tomorrow.

Recap will also be tomorrow..
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby TomCat on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:14 pm

nice win!!! i think you will win this series 4-0

just to fix some mistakes:
The Spurs are behind the Spurs in the Season match ups

should be Spurs are behind Hornets
They let the Bulls core only 12 points

you missed the "s" in "score" :lol:
Some stats :

Most points : 122 - Spurs.
Most Assists : 34 :
Best FG% - .547 - Nuggets.

which team got the most assists??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But other than that, the recaps have been GREAT!!!! keep up the good work!!
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby Martti. on Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:51 am

Wizards pulls back from 3 down - win Game #2.
4th quarter intervention

Tyrus was injured with 5.21 to play. Injury update posted soon!

Wizards 101 - 98 Bulls

* Click for Box scores.

Recap.
D.C,. May., -- The Wizards were surprised by the Bulls in the first half. Good defense,
good offensive execution.. Were down 6 going in to the third. Everything went to the Chicago's way.
But the Wizards rallied back and won the quarter by 3. Still 3 points to go.. After slam slams by Thomas
and Curry and some jumpers by Hinrich and Butler, the lead vas 5 points for the Bulls. The Wizards
rallied back. Thomas had his only block in the game, a steal by Arenas and some good luck and the
deficit was gone and suddenly the Bulls found themselves trailing by 1. A quick timeout from Scott
Skiles and the Bulls were energized, they were able to score quickly. Then Tyrus Thomas, goes for a
dunk, but is forced down hard by Kirk Hinrich, ha falls on his knee. He was in pain, but was helped up
by Eddy Curry and walked off the court on his own. He wasn't available for game action. But we'll see
what future shows. After that Butler knocked two threes, keeping his Playoffs 3pt shooting
percentage 100%.. Well, its 2-2. so it's not much.. The Wizards with some threes and good defense
took charge.. They were up by 10. Another timeout by Skiles. But it was worth it. The Bulls played
great defense and pulled back in the game. They were down by one with 35 seconds to play. The
Wizards moved the ball, trying to look for Arenas, the ball didn't found him and the ball was in Jamison's
hands with 2 on the clock. He shot a jumper form the left elbow, it was bottom of the net.. Leaving
the Bulls 11 seconds. They didn't call a timeout. All eyes were on Kirk Hinrich. But he passed it to
the Rookie Thabo Sefolosha.. He looked at the clock.. With 3 second showing, Arenas sprint from
his man to defend Sefolosha. Sefolosha took the shot, Gordon and Arenas smothering him. It was short,
hit the front rim, Curry pulled down his 10th rebound and The Wizards celebrated game #2 victory.
The next two games are played at the United Center. It will be tough, but we'll see.. Arenas finished the
game with 36 points and 9 assists.Gordon added 17 and 3 more Wizards scored in double-figures.
All with 10..

Now around the league.. Phoenix won its second game against "The City." Led by Nash and Amare, who
combined 60 points.. Kirilenko led the Wariors with 21 points. Shawn Marion suffered a injury and
he'll be out for 11 days. Houston took game #2 and tied the series against the Mavericks at 1-1. It was
a close game. The Rockets pulled out the W in the 4th quarter. They won it by 6. Juwan Howard led the
Rockets with 34 points. Yao and T-Mac only combined 20 points on a 7-18 shooting. Dirk and Howard
led the Mavs, with 22 and 20. Denver won the game by just a single point. Coming from free throws.
Arenas played for 48 minutes, but was diagnosed with a sprained toe. He'll on the sidelines for 8 days.
The Spurs burned the Hornets 122 to 75. They won their last meeting 122 - 85. So the playoffs scores
are combined 244-160.. It will probably be a 4 game series. The Spurs shot 54% from the floo,
led by Tony Parker's 26. The Hornets was led by Desmond Mason, Stojakovic target was way
off, shooting 0-12 from 3-range.. The Nets took a 2-0 lead on the higher seeded Pacers in a 97-88
victory. Led by Kidd with a double-double.. 19 points and 10 assists.. Jermaine O'Neal had 31
points and 11 rebounds. The Cavaliers tied up the series against the Heat with a solid 111-82 victory.
"The King" had 23 points, 11 boards, 8 dishes, 2 steals and 3 blocks. Also only one turnover. The
Heat was led by Jason Williams with 23. The Pistons went up 2.0 against the Magic in a 113-97
victory. The Pistons leaders were Sheed and Billups, scorgin 30 and 28. Wallace had 12 boards,
while Billups had 9 assists. Dwight Howard led the Magic with 27 points. Update soon!

Player of the Game : Gilbert Arenas
| 36 PTS | 2 REBS | 9 ASTS | 2 STLS | 1 BLK | 16-26 FG | 2-7 3 PT FG | 2-2 FT |

Image Image
Image Image

All Game #1 Scores.

PHX 118 - 86 GSW
DAL 87 - 92 HOU

DEN 97 - 96 SAC
SAS 122 - 75 NOK

WAS 101 - 98 CHI
NJN 97 - 88 IND

CLE 111 - 82 MIA
DET 113 - 97 ORL

Game #1 Leaders.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Rebounds : Ben Wallace - 15
Assists : Jason Kidd - 10
Steals : Chaunsey Billups - 4
Blocks : Yao Ming - 4
3s : Steve Nash - 5

NBA TV 1st Round MVP.

Rasheed Wallace.
| 35.0 PTS | 12.0 REBS | 4.5 ASTS | 1.5 STLS | 1.0 BLK | 28-59 FG | 6-15 3 PT FG | 8-10 FT

The NBA TV 1st Round MVP feature will let you see which player is the best in the 1st round.
This will be updated after each game. Player averages are posted. This depends on teams success.
The MVP will be voted in each round.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:19 am

Great win, but it really sucks about Tyrus. :( Hopefully the injury isn't too bad. The injury bug hasn't gotten you too bad yet. Unlike the real Wizards...
Lamrock

Postby looser on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:15 am

Nice win...i'm really sad for Tyrus...

I'd say good luck :wink:
looser

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:35 am

Sucks to see Tyrus go down since he's been playing awesome for you, but I hope that David Lee will get some playing time. He's an incredible player and it sucks to see him kind of near the end of the depth chart not getting many minutes.

Rasheed Wallace had some monster numbers in the first round.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Martti. on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:56 am

Thomas cleared to play.

Chicago,. 8. Nov. -- The Wizards trainer Rocco Prince announced today, that Rookie forward Tyrus
Thomas is clear to play. His performance wont even be affected. Thomas suffered a leg injury half way through the
fourth quarter. He went for a dunk, but was fouled hard by Kirk Hinrich. Thomas came down hard on his leg.. He was
in pain, Curry helped his up. Him walking away on his own two feet was a good sign. The Wizards pulled out a victory.
Jarvis Hayes and David Lee were the guys to help the team out, is the injury was more serious.

Game #3 up probably tomorrow.

Its_asdf - We'll his ovrl is 63 in my current roster.. Roger Mason and Ruffin are rated better..
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:32 am

That's a relief. Good thing Tyrus is fine. I can't wait for Game 3!

BTW, what are the OVR ratings for your starters?
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:41 am

-km- wrote:BTW, what are the OVR ratings for your starters?

Lamrock13 - My Complete roster :

Eddy Curry - 76
Tyrus Thomas - 73
Antawn Jamison - 80
Ben Gordon - 80
Gilbert Arenas - 90
-------------
Antonio Daniels - 70
Jarvis Hayes - 69
Michael Ruffin - 64
Roger Mason - 63
David Lee - 63
Darius Songaila - 61
Calvin Booth - 59
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Martti. on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:06 am

NBA Announces Regular Season Player Awards.

This years player awards have some surprises.. Some are not. Anyway, here's the complete recap of the Player Awards :

Most Valuable Player :

ImageImage

All season long, it was one story. KG21.. He had 30 points, 14 boards, 5 assists over 3 blocks and over 2 steals..
His team wasn'i doing very well, but he was always at the top of the rankings. But at the end - Yao Ming is
our MVP winner.. A very big surprise. He joined the MVP race late in March, KG was there throughout the
season. Arenas played less minutes at the end of the season, his stats were dropping, he was still no. 2 for
MVP. Yao will be the 1st Asian born player, to win this award.. The Rockets finished the season 5th in the west
with a superb record.

Yao's stats :
24.1 Ppg, 10,5 Rpg, 5.1 Apg, 1.02 Spg, 2.23 Bpg.

Most Improved Player :

ImageImage

Ben Gordon from the Washington Wizards brought home his second award of his short NBA career. This one is not
being the best of the bench, this one's for most improved. He averaged 8 ppg more then last season, all other stats
went up too. Gordon was the main candidate for the award the whole seaon, mostly with Nenad Krstic.

Ben's stats :
22.2 Ppg, 3,4 Rpg, 3.9 Apg, 1.18 Spg, 0.32 Bpg.

Defensive Player :

ImageImage

Ben Wallace is not on the throne any more. The Matrix from the Phoenix Suns took home the defensive player
award. He averaged 2.1 steals and 1.9 blocks. Also had 8.5 boards. Offensivly he had 22.1 points and 2.3 assists.

Shawn's stats :
22.1 Ppg, 8,5 Rpg, 2.3 Apg, 2.10 Spg, 1.93 Bpg.

Rookie :

ImageImage

Tyrus Thomas from the Wizards took home the best Rookie award. Being third in his team in scoring, 2nd in rebounding
and blocks. Third in Fg%. He was second in the league in FT attempts, lower in FT's made. He particioated in this
years Slam Dunk Competition and took part in the Rookie Challenge, where he almost took home the MVP honors.
That if the Rook's have won.

Tyrus's stats :
15,5 Ppg, 7,6 Rpg, 2.4 Apg, 1.06 Spg, 1.32 Bpg.

Sixth Man :

ImageImage

C-Webb, who was signed as a free agent by the Pistons, is doing well of the bench for them. Averaging almost 10
points and 4 boards, he has been a real spark for that team. The Pistons are second in the East.The Pistons are
going fot the Championship this year.

Chris's stats :
9,1 Ppg, 3,7 Rpg, 2.5 Apg, 0.91 Spg, 0.61 Bpg.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby NBJ on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:06 am

Good to see that Ben Gordon and Tyrus won awards, funny that Yao won MVP though. Also good to see that you are leading 2-0, now you just gotta take home the "chip" :D
NBJ

Postby Pistol on Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:20 am

:cry: Agent 0 should have been MVP...WAHHHHH

:mrgreen: But good job on Gordon and Tyrus w/ awards

8-) And very nice on 2-0 lead...

:D lovin this dynasty and it keeps getting better. I love everything you have done, from trades, to new ball, to presentations, to now kicking ass in season and playofs...You are doing fantastic -km- truely an amazing dynasty
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby Lamrock on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:09 am

trigger42 wrote::cry: Agent 0 should have been MVP...WAHHHHH

awww.... You'll get over it. lol

Sucks that Arenas didn't win MVP, but at least it didn't go to KG. I think you should be happy that TT and Gordon won awards. You have a very accomplished season -km-. Now cap it off with a title.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame