[Wizards..] (NBA Live 07)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Its_asdf on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:11 am

looser wrote:it was an hard choice:

But i'd go with this one:

Seconded.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Pistol on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:00 am

I LIKEY THIS ONE :D

Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby TomCat on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:26 am

haha, this is a kool thing to do with the pic of the year thing (Y)

i pick agent 0 buzzer beater:
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby Cornerthree on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:08 pm

Marquis wrote:Interesting feature. (Y) Checked all the pages for this purpose and the first post of this thread is :shock: Great job.

Personally I go with this photo:

This one for sure!!
Cornerthree

Postby 3PK on Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:35 pm

IMO this Eddie Curry Powerhouse dunk is the best pictureImage

P.S. I really like your idea of coming up with a picture of the year award it's alomst as good as your great dynasty (Y)
3PK

Postby Lamrock on Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:32 am

That one is the best imo. Can't wait for game 5. Pwn them already! :)
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:31 am

Wizards move to Eastern Semi's as Arenas nails Free throws.
4th quarter intervention

Arenas hit 8-8 from the line in the last frame.

Wizards 108 - 99 Bulls

* Click for Box scores.

Recap.
D.C,. May., -- The Wizards were able to win game #5 against the Bulls at home and are
headed to the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals, where they will face the New Jersey Nets. The victory didn't
come easily. After some points by hinrich, he picked up his 5th foul and was headed to the bench. Duhon
replaced him well. Scored 16 points in the last quarter. He knocked down some eild shots from three point range.
Tyrus Thomas had 10 of his game-high 32 points in the fourth frame and he was able to keep the gap big. Arenas
had some assists and lay-ups in the fourth to help. But the Bulls managed to close the gap. The lead was suddenly
only 4 points. But the Wizards were able to make a defensive stop and then the bulls had nothing left to do then
foul. Arenas always had the ball and made all 8 free throws he attempted. Next up is the Nets. Vince Carter has
averaged only 6 points in the playoffs! The teams leaders have been the Big men. MIP runner-up Nenad Krstic
and Cliff Robinson. J-Kidd is averaging 22 points. The X-factor will probably be Tyrus Thomas, who can
score more then Arenas against the Nets. Cause the Nets' Big Men are not very defensive minded, especially Cliff.

---------------------------------

Player of the Game : Tyrus Thomas
| 32 PTS | 17 REBS | 4 ASTS | 1 STLS | 1 BLK | 14-17 FG | 1-1 3 PT FG | 3-6 FT |

Image Image
Image Image
* Pic #4 is mirrorized.

:new: HAIER Play of the Game

Tyrus Thomas (WAS) crossing Over Chris Duhon (CHI) and finishing with a dunk.
(Download @ SpeedyShare, Photobucket, Google Video, Zippyvideos throw Errors in my face. I'll try Youtube and some other sites in the Next games.)

Around the league.. 4 pairs along with the Wizards-Bulls were still in action. 2 from the west
and one from the East. Lets look, what was going on in the NBA Playoffs. The Mavericks went up three games
to two against the Rockets in a convincing 110 - 91 victory. Dirk Nowitzki led the Mavs with 32 points and 8
boards. He added 6 assists and 4 blocks. Josh Howard was 2 assists shy of a triple-double, finished with 13, 10
and 8. The Mavs shot .500 from the field. Also, .565 from downtown. They missed only one shot from the charity
stripe. From the Rockets, Juwan Howard had another great game. Scored 21 points and pulled sown 10 boards.
Rafer Alston added 9 assists. T-Mac had 5 turnovers and finished with 12. The Rockets had very little support
from the bench, they combined only 12 points. Of course the Mavs had only 15 from the supporting cast..
Another series still going on, is the Nuggets-Kings series. Game #5 went to the Kings, 103-79.. The Nuggets
were only able to score 8 points in the fourth quarter, while the Kings scored 31. The Nuggets suffered
another injury. This time Kenyon Martin will be sidelined for three weeks. This game wasn't very positive for
the Kings also, they lost Kevin Martin. He's injury isn't that serious. He'll miss about 6 days. The Kings found
a new leader in Adbur-Rahim, who scores 28 points and pulled down 13 boards. Brad Miller added 22 points.
Mike Bibby, who scored 41 in game #4, had only 12 points and 4 assists. As we remember, he knocked down
9 three-pointers in that game.

From the East. The Cavaliers and the Heat battle is still going on. The defending champs lost game #5 by
20 points.. 109 - 89. The leader for the Cavs wasn't "King James", it was Ilgauskas. King James had 14 points.
Larry Hughes and Eric Snow combined 18 assists. Damon Jones had 13 points in just 15 minutes of the bench.
Shaq led the Heat with 18 points. Wade had 10 points. Jason Williams struggled from the field and finished
with 14 points.

So there will be three game #6's. Player awards will be officially released after game #6's.

All Game #5 Scores.

DAL 110 - 91 HOU
DEN 79 - 103 SAC

WAS 108 - 99 CHI
CLE 109 - 89 MIA

Game #5 Leaders.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Rebounds : Tyrus thomas - 17
Assists : Eric Snow - 10
Steals : Gilbert Arenas - 4
Blocks : Dirk Nowitzki - 4
3s : Devin Harris - 4

NBA TV 1st Round MVP.

The Winner : Rasheed Wallace.
| 33.8 PTS | 13.3 REBS | 3.8 ASTS | 2.0 STLS | 1.5 BLK | 53-114 FG | 13-29 3 PT FG | 16-20 FT

The NBA TV 1st Round MVP feature will let you see which player is the best in the 1st round.
This will be updated after each game. Player averages are posted. This depends on teams success.
The MVP will be voted in each round.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:41 am

Holy shizzle. Tyrus! Great to finally see Game 5. Good luck against the Nets! You should post an updated playoff tree.
Lamrock

Postby looser on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 am

Finally a video :wink:
looser

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:10 am

Glad to see Arenas didn't choke like last year. With a lineup like that, I won't be suprised if you make it to the finals or even the championship.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Martti. on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:16 am

Gilbert Arenas and Tyrus Thomas mentioned in All NBA Team Selections. .

NBA has announced All NBA teams. The Wizards' players are mentioned in every category. Ben Gordon just missed out of being named to the All NBA 2nd team. He was a starter at the All-Star game..

Here they are :

All NBA Team 1 :

All NBA Team 2 :

All Defensive Team 1 :

All Defensive Team 2 :

All Rookie Team 1 :

All Rookie Team 2 :

Game #1 against the Nets will be played soon!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Martti. on Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:57 am

Jordan led the Wizards to 65 wins.

Coach Jordan has been named the winner of the Red Auerbach Trophy.

The Washington Wizards' Head Coach is named the 2006/07 season Coach of the Year by the
NBA's Head Office. Jordan led the Wizards to a franchise record 65 wins. Interestingly, with a better Road
record then the Home record. 34 victories away from the Werizon Center marks as a NBA record. Jordan led
Gordon to MIP award and helped Thomas earn Rookie of the Year honors.. Wasn't far, that Arenas would be
the third Wizards to bring home an award. He was a runner-up for the MVP award. Two players played
at the All-Star game. This was a very successful year for the Wizards. They made a very promising trade
at the beginning of this year, where they sent Caron Butler, a All-star caliber player to the Bulls. They
received a good scorer in Ben Gordon. Him and Arenas combined the NBA's highest scoring duo. They
combined 49.4 points. They also combined 3.9 steals, 11.3 assists, 7.7 boards and a combined shooting
percentage of 50.1% from the floor. Amazing for a shooting pair of guards. They played clutch situations very
well. A good play by Jordan and Arenas or Gordon made game winning shots 4 times this season. He really
deserved this award. The Wizards are heading toward the Finals. They've beaten the Bulls with the Nets up next.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Its_asdf on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:24 am

Wow, Sheed was a beast this season, but I don't think it was shocking for you to win COY. Anytime a team wins 65 wins I'm pretty sure they're a lock for getting that award in the game.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Marquis on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:52 am

Good updates. I always like to see the awards, and they are pretty realistic this time. Looking forward to the Nets series
Marquis

Postby danielhalamit on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:18 am

There's something wierd in the All NBA teams though, KG has got every single statistic line higher then sheed (excpet for a tie in Bpg) yet goes to the 2nd team, when sheed hits the 1st.
Sing Goddess, The Wrath of Achilles, Peleus' son.
danielhalamit

Postby Cornerthree on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:49 am

Man, nice updates. Glad you got the bunch of awards, makes a very good season for you... You nicely finished with the Bulls in a fashion, I'm kinda thinking you deal with the Nets 4-1 or maybe they'll get another win...

Anyways, good luck!
Cornerthree

Postby Martti. on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:15 am

Arenas & Co. take game #1 behind strong third frame.
4th quarter intervention

These are the guys to follow this series. Arenas came on top in game #1.

Image Nets 92 - 107 Wizards Image

* Click for Box score.

Recap.
D.C,. May., -- The Wizards earned a big game #1 victory in the series by 15 points.. The game started
very close. The first quarter was won by the Wizards by one and they only were able to extend it by 2. Half-time score
55-52. Then the Coach of the Year - Eddie Jordan made some changes. He left Jamison on the bench for the first half of
the quarter. The team chemistry stayed steady and the Wizards took a convincing - 18 point lead going in to the final
12 minutes. The game ws pretty much done, thought the wizards. But hell no! the Nets fought back. They were able to
earn 3 offensive fouls and the Wizards were shocked by the Nets defensive intensity. They blocked Tyrus's dunk attempt
and rallied to make the deficit only 9. But you can't stop the magicians! Gordon dished out 5 assists in the next 4 minutes
and the Wizards held on the Nets rally.. Gilbert Arenas was the high man with 30 points. He added 7 assists and 6 steals.
Ben Gordon was near to a triple-double. He finished with 17 points, 13 assists and 7 boards. Next game will also be at
the Verizon Center, where the Wizards look to take game #2. See you there!

Player of the Game : Gilbert Arenas
| 30 PTS | 3 REBS | 7 ASTS | 6 STLS | 0 BLK | 10-19 FG | 5-9 3 PT FG | 5-7 FT |

Image Image
Image Image

:new: HAIER Play of the Game

Vince Carter with the Amazing dunk.
(Download @ SpeedyShare.)

Around the league.. A lot has happend in the league. Denver, Miami and Dallas made through
game #7 and passed to the second round.

Here's a tiny layout :

Phoenix x Dallas.
Denver x San antonio.

Washington x New Jersey.
Detroit x Miami.

So the first game. Phoenix beat it's big rival Dallas 101-95 and grabbed a 1-0 lead in the series. It was Amare
once again for the Suns to be the highest scorer. He scored 42 points, pulled down 12 rebounds and dished
5 assists. He added a block. FYI, he came off the bench! Stve Nash had a double-double with 18 points and 10
assists. For the last year finalists Mavs, Dirk had 22 points and 10 boards. Dampier had 19 points. Howard and
Harris both added 15. The game was really close from start to finish. Biggest lead was only 7 points. The
Nuggets wiped the floor with the Spurs. They won game #1 by 34 points - 122-88. It was a margin, that the
Spurs usually won New Orleans. "The Answer" had 22 points and a career high 18 assists. Melo' added 32 points,
while hitting all 5 3Pt attempts. J.R Smith also had a solid night with 24. The Nuggets as a team, shot 80% from
3-range.. Hitting 16 of 20!! While they only had 10 FT attempts. Camby did a solid job defending Timmy-D and
kept him under 10 points. Only Parker was able to score over 15 points, exploding for 36 points. After this game,
it won't be impossible, that the Nuggets will make the Western Conference Finals.

From the East side, the Wizards beat the Nets in game #1. Recap readable up. The other series in the East, the
Pistons demolished the Heat, 118-81. MVP runner-up Rasheed Wallace had 50(!) points and 7 assists. Also 2 steals
and blocks. Chaunsey Billups had a solid all-around game - 24 points, 10 assists, 4 steals, 5 boards and a couple
of blocks. The Heat had an off-night. Shooting 38% from the floor and 28% from long range. Shaq finished
with 18. Finals MVP Dwyane Wade had only 10 points. (4-12 FG). All Game #2's will be played shortly and the
recaps will be up soon!

All Game #1 Scores.

DAL 95 - 101 PHX
DEN 122 - 88 SAS

WAS 107 - 92 NJN
DET 118 - 81 MIA

Game #1 Leaders.

Rebounds : Eddy Curry - 14
Assists : Allen Iverson - 18
Steals : Gilbert Arenas - 6
Blocks : Tayshaun Prince - 4
3s : Carmelo Anthony - 5

NBA TV 2nd Round MVP.

Rasheed Wallace.
| 50.0 PTS | 2.0 REBS | 7.0 ASTS | 2.0 STLS | 2.0 BLK | 23-40 FG | 2-7 3 PT FG | 2-3 FT

The NBA TV 2nd Round MVP feature will let you see which player is the best in the 1st round.
This will be updated after each game. Player averages are posted. This depends on teams success.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Cornerthree on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:55 am

Wow I never thought I'd see Kidd taking like 20 shots per game... He's becoming more a scorer in NBA Live from now on...

Anyways, this one looked easy, It's always good to start your series with a win on homecourt, you win the next one and it's finished with the Nets... I bet they will end up just like last year...
Cornerthree

Postby looser on Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:31 am

Nice win :D

Arenas: 30 pts, 7 assists and 6 steal!!!! :shock:
looser

Postby TomCat on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:25 am

yeah another good win. go for the sweep!!!

go suns in the west. also nuggets good chance! Sheed will win 2nd round MVP, just like he won the 1st round!

good work, and cant wait for game 2! (Y)
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby 2020 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:01 pm

B-E-A-U-TIFUL,

hehe thats how I remember how to spell it.

Postby 3PK on Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:57 pm

WOW, Wallace is on fire i like the pistons to go all the way, btw nice win :D
3PK

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:54 pm

Suprising to see Nenad Kristic go off on your rather than the big three of Kidd, Carter and Jefferson. Oh well, I guess thats what happens when you have Eddy Curry as your starting centre.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Martti. on Tue May 01, 2007 6:24 pm

Thanks for the replies!

PS! You can still vast your vote for the Pic of the year.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Martti. on Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 am

Arenas passes the Wizards to a game #2 victory.
4th quarter intervention

Tyrus had a big part in the W.

Image Nets 117 - 120 Wizards Image

* Click for Box score.

Recap.
D.C,. May., -- The Wizards will be going in to game #3 at New Jersey holding a 2-0 lead. The
victory wasn't easy. Cliff Robinson killed the Wizards, scoring all of his 31 points before half-time. Jason Kidd
was near to another triple-double, falling 3 boards and 2 assists. Heading in to the last frame, the Nets were
holding a one point lead. Teams were changing baskets back-and-forth.. Jason Kidd knocked down 2 three-
pointers in a row. However the Wizards were able to score also. They had only 2 Point field goals and free
throws in the last quarter.. The score was 110-108, when Nenad Krstic put down a Kidd's miss for a tie. Arenas
had already had 4 assists in the quarter. He added 3 in the final minute and a half. Key play, when the Wizards
were up by one, Tyrus Thomas slammed home a lob from Gilbert and he was fouled. He made the free throw in
to a 4 point lead. The Nets called a time-out. Without any hesitation, Jefferson launched a three-pointer with
Jamison on him. It was in the net. One point lead for the Wizards. The Nets quickly wanted to foul. The inbound-pass
found arenas and he was quickly forced to the charity stripe. He made both, having missed 2 in a row a minute
earlier. So it was OT or a defeat for the Nets. Eyes were on Jason Kidd. He passed it to Jefferson, 7 seconds on
the clock. He was double-teamed, he had to pass it, but only Jason Collins was open and he had to shoot a potential
game-tying shot. The Wizards were holding their breath, cause Jermaine O'Neal had surprised them in the beginning
of the season. Fortunately, his shot hit the front of the rim. It was rebounded by Krstic, but he had no time
to pass it out or to score himself.
Coach Jordan : "I think that the Nets wanted to win this game more then we. They had a lot of energy. Thankfully
the Collins attempt was off.. I have to thank my defense, to force Jefferson to give it up to a teammate.
I think that game #3 wil be tough.."

See you in game #3 in Continental Airlines Arena!

Player of the Game : Gilbert Arenas
| 26 PTS | 4 REBS | 11 ASTS | 3 STLS | 0 BLK | 8-14 FG | 2-7 3 PT FG | 8-11 FT |

Image Image
Image Image

Around the league.. Dallas Mavericks tied the series with the Phoenix Suns at one game a piece.
Dirk and Devin Harris led the Mavs, scoring 24 and 23. Dampier added a big double-double, with 17 points and 14
boards. The Suns were led by Amare's 32 points, 8 boards and 5 blocked shots. Steve Nash shot 26% from the
floor and finished with 11 points. Leandro Barbosa added 16 points off the bench. The Mavericks shot 53% from the
floor, however the Suns shot only 40%.
In the other series, The Spurs tied the series with the Nuggets in a veeeery convinsing, 139-91 victory. The
difference came from the second half, where the Spurs outscored the Nuggs 81-33. The Spurs had over 40
points in both the 3rd and the 4th quarter. The Spurs found their scorers from the back-court. Ginobili, Parker and
Barry combined 78 points. Barry scored 28 points off the bench. Ginobili and Parker had 23 and 27. Timmy-D had
20 points. The Spurs had 34 assists. The Nuggets couldn't get a rhythm. They were led by Camby's 20. Melo and
Iverson combined 33 points.

Fromt he East match-up's. The Wizards took 2-0 advantage. (Read from above.) The last year's Eastern Conference
Finals match-up are going head-to-head in this years Eastern-Conference Semis. Pistons took a 2-0 lead today in a
117-109 victory. Rasheed Wallace is still hot like fire. Scoring 42 points, pulled down 9 boards, added 6 assists, 3
steals and a pair of blocks. Billups added 28 points and 10 assists. Despite shooting 53.6% from the field, the Heat l
ost the game. The Pistons won the game in the last quarter, coming back fro a 8 point deficit. The Heat's big men
Shaq had 26 points. Jason Williams added 22 and Payton had 13 off the bench. Finals MVP Dwyane Wade had only
13 points. He added 7 assists and 6 boards.

So to wrap things up, the series in the West are tied 1-1 and the series in the East are controlled by a higher
seeded team, 2-0.

All Game #2 Scores.

DAL 106 - 87 PHX
DEN 91 - 139 SAS

WAS 120 - 117 NJN
DET 117 - 109 MIA

Game #1 Leaders.

Rebounds : Erick Dampier - 14
Assists : Gilbert Arenas - 11
Steals : Jason Terry - 6
Blocks : Amare Stodemire - 5
3s : Leandro Barbosa - 5

NBA TV 2nd Round MVP.

Rasheed Wallace.
| 46.0 PTS | 5.5 REBS | 6.5 ASTS | 2.5 STLS | 2.0 BLK | 40-76 FG | 6-16 3 PT FG | 6-8 FT

The NBA TV 2nd Round MVP feature will let you see which player is the best in the 1st round.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame