Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby deihatein on Sun May 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Trade Deng then
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Mon May 05, 2008 9:57 am

I don't want to trade Deng. Besides, his overall rating is in the 70s in my Dynasty so it doesn't help in getting Howard, whose overall rating is 84.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BP8 on Tue May 06, 2008 2:04 am

nice to see this one going again, you absoloutley blew out Orlando out of the house. good job.
BP8

Postby Andrew on Tue May 06, 2008 7:53 am

Thanks, hopefully I'm not too rusty when I pick it up again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:22 pm

November 15th, 2006
Nets prevail in overtime

[ Boxscore ]

The New Jersey Nets received a lift from an unlikely source as they defeated the Chicago Bulls 122-117 in overtime. Scott Padgett knocked down two three pointers in the final two minutes of the exta period and Lamond Murray added a trey of his own to put the Nets out in front for good and hand the Bulls a disappointing loss on their home floor.

Chicago had trailed for most of the game, struggling from the opening tip and allowing the Nets to run up a 17-6 lead. A strong finish spurred on by twelve first quarter points by Chris Wilcox allowed Chicago to tie the game by the end of the period but the Nets would take control in the second quarter behind Vince Carter, whose forays to the hoop resulted in several east baskets. Both Carter and Wilcox would score 18 first half points for their respective teams as New Jersey controlled the game 52-46 at the half.

The Bulls came out aggressively at the beginning of the third but poor shooting and some defensive lapses let New Jersey stretch the lead out to nine by the end of the quarter. Chicago stormed back in the forth however and appeared to have the game in hand when Kirk Hinrich hit two free throws for a 101-98 lead. However, Jason Kidd nailed a three pointer to tie the game, leaving the Bulls 7.3 seconds to try and win the game. Shawn Kemp and Ben Gordon both missed shots on the final play, sealing the overtime.

After the teams traded baskets through the first three minutes of the extra period, New Jersey ran out to a 114-107 lead after Murray's three. Ben Gordon would counter with a three of his own but Padgett then nailed two three pointers back to back to put the game away for good.

"Obviously, this is a very disappointing loss for us," Bulls coach Andrew Begley said after the game. "We were playing catchup for most of the game after the sluggish start but I felt we did a really good job to regain control towards the end of the fourth. Unfortunately for us, Kidd hit that three and we didn't take care of business in overtime."

Chris Wilcox led the Bulls with 26 points and 14 rebounds while Vince Carter topped all scorers with 38. With the loss, the Bulls drop to 4-3 while the Nets' record now stands at 5-5.

Notes: Chicago did not hit a three pointer in the first half. They were 4/20 from downtown for the game...Kirk Hinrich finished with 9 assists and 9 turnovers...the Bulls had only given up 90.3 ppg during their three game winning streak heading into tonight's game. They have given up 120 points or more twice in their first seven games and over 110 points in four contests, winning only once.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Nice little update Andrew, unfortunatly on your update you loss which is somehow bad. But still not a bad game for Wilcox. Hope you still continue update this Andrew regularly.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:12 pm

November 16th, 2006
Chandler's days in Chicago numbered?

CHICAGO, IL -- Tyson Chandler has started all seven of the Bulls' games in the 2006/2007 season but rumour has it he may not be a Bull for much longer. Chandler, who is Chicago's highest paid player at an estimated $10.6 mil per year for the next five seasons, is said to be unhappy with his role and diminished playing time this season while the Bulls are reportedly troubled by his regression. Chandler is averaging 6.6 ppg and 7.4 rpg so far this season but saw only sixteen minutes of court time in Chicago's 122-117 overtime loss to the New Jersey Nets last night.

The Bulls are not happy with their 4-3 start, having high expectations after last year's 16-1 postseason romp on their way to the franchise's seventh NBA crown. In particular, interior defense has become a concern. The Bulls are allowing 107 ppg and are dead last in the league in blocked shots, averaging an unintimidating 1.9 per game. The Bulls have also found themselves giving up key defensive rebounds, particularly Chandler who is averaging an impressive 3.8 offensive rebounds per game but a disappointing 3.6 rebounds at the defensive end.

It is rumoured that the Bulls will try to put together a blockbuster package in a bid to land a prominent frontcourt player who can gobble up boards and complement Ben Gordon's outside threat with a tough post up game. Chicago has an enviable amount of young talent at its disposal and would likely be willing to part with some of that depth to bring in a bonafide frontcourt star. There were hopes that offseason acquisition Chris Wilcox could be a dependable double-double player but he has been inconsistent so far.

There have been no reports of significant talks with any other teams and it is expected the Bulls will persevere with their current lineup for the short term, but it is expected that at least one deal will be made before the season is done.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Oskar on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:12 pm

Nice game, Andrew. Vince really exploded, just like in my Nets dynasty, where he got injuried with 7 seconds to go, lawl. Anyways, nice came for Wilcox too ! Hope you keep it up, good luck !
Oskar

Postby homicide1550 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:20 am

Too bad about the loss.. Anyway, cant wait to see what happens with Chandler..
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:04 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Not sure which way I'll go with Chandler (depends what the CPU is willing to give up) but I'll keep everyone posted. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:31 am

Whoa; this is back again?

Too bad Chandler isn't playing well, as he is my favorite player on your roster. I would personally try to package him with Nocioni for a star PF, and a backup Center, but good luck in whatever you decide.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:54 am

It's back, I never meant to leave it so long but have just been doing other things lately. I'll definitely have to package Chandler with someone, though I'd prefer to keep Noce.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Oskar on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:59 am

I'd trade either Gordon or Nocioni. I don't really like either one of them. You should get a team like.. Big man and a Wingsman, like Shaq and Kobe, though it's hard to get it, and it would take a lot of trades which would ruin your chemistry and everything. Too much trades during the season, not the right thing either. And hey, it's your New Era so it wouldn't be the style of your dynasty, it's something special. :) Good luck, and I hope to see some nice trade(s) coming !
Oskar

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:05 am

But I do like them, so I won't. ;) Chemistry's not a factor either since this is NBA Live 06. That said I have made more changes than I had anticipated, especially so early in the season but I second-guessed some of the signings I made in the offseason and the decision not to make any offseason trades.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:08 am

I never liked the idea of Noce at the 4 myself. You should trade Chandler and someone else for Ben Wallace! :P
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:27 am

Still wish I'd signed him in the offseason, just so I could trade him now. I've decided to move Noce back to the bench and have him back SF and PF, with Wilcox starting alongside Chandler (for the moment).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Emiliano on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:47 pm

If you do end up trading Chandler, what kind of player are you looking for Andrew? Any specific role?
Viva Argentina
Boca Juniors -Te llevo en el Alma-
Emiliano

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:52 am

Another big man. Someone who can score between 10 and 15 ppg, grab around 10 rpg and block a few shots. If Chandler was working out better I'd have him in the role but he doesn't seem to be performing up to his ratings and since he's no longer a Bull in real life, I kind of feel like making a change.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Oskar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:03 am

I use Bogut in my dynasty. You can easily score 15 with him, though I use him as a.. 5th option and more for defense. He can get like 8-15 rebounds (though he got 16 last game), like 2-4 blocks and so on. For me he usually scores like.. 6-10 points, I don't really score with him.

Krstic can also work out, he's my PF. Good scorer, grabs around 10 rebounds and has like 1.5 blocks.

EDIT: I checked Bogut's stats. He averages 9.4 points, 10.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1 steal and 2.57 blocks per game, over 7 games. If you really need some big man and you would have him as a big option in your team, you could get his PPG higher.
Last edited by Oskar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oskar

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:29 am

I have been considering Bogut actually, though I believe he's a couple of rating points higher than Chandler and his contract is lower so I'll need to be creative there. I might take another look at that option though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Emiliano on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:44 am

Hey Andrew, have you thought about getting Drew Gooden for Tyson Chandler? Just putting it out there seeing as Gooden is currently with the Bulls and he could give you those numbers you are looking for...
Viva Argentina
Boca Juniors -Te llevo en el Alma-
Emiliano

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:56 am

Not really as I've already got Wilcox, I'd rather get someone who's 6'11"/7'0" in exchange for Chandler.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cartar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Perhaps Ilgauskas or Brad Miller?
Cartar

Postby Oskar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Yeah, Ilgauskas would work, I think.
Oskar

Postby Skills on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Whoa, nice to see this is back!
Anyway, if you're looking for a replacement.. here's some suggestions:
Marcus Camby, Samuel Dalembert, maybe even Emeka Okafor?
Skills
Man On The Moon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame