Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby H Rock on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:54 pm

Your team seems a bit unpredictable. Beating the Nets by one, with Gordon scoring 19 in the 4th, then losing in double-digits to the Spurs and Gordon having a bad shooting night.
H Rock

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:16 pm

November 9th, 2005
Golden State (127) at Chicago (124)
Murphy's three downs Bulls

[ Boxscore ]

Troy Murphy only hit one three pointer, but it came at the best possible time for the Warriors. After a game that started out with Chicago dominating thanks to Ben Gordon's 20 first quarter points, Golden State captured the lead and started to pull away in the second quarter behind the stellar play of Jason Richardson, who finished with 37 points. The Bulls were once again plagued by turnover trouble but managed to rally in the third quarter taking the lead at the buzzer on Piatkowski's three.

The teams traded baskets early in the fourth but the Warriors once again shot out to a comfortable lead. Chicago would not quit however, eventually knotting the game at 118 on Gordon's three. Jason Richardson hit a three to capture the lead back at 121-118, but Tyson Chandler made layups on consecutive trips down the floor to give Chicago a 122-121 advantage. The lead would not last long before Richardson struck again from downtown, prompting another reply from Tyson Chandler to tie the game at 124 with 17 seconds left.

The Warriors opted not to call timeout, instead bringing the ball up the court before taking their time to set up their offense. Baron Davis found Troy Murphy on the right wing, blanketed by Chandler. With the clock running out, Murphy hoisted a three that found nothing but net. Hurriedly the Bulls called timeout and set up Gordon for a three at the top of the key. Gordon got a good look at the basket but the shot caught the side of the rim.

Coach's Diary
November 9th - So close...

As you might expect, Ben was feeling somewhat down after tonight's game, unusual for a player who's just scored 32 points. It was a difficult second half for him. He was absolutely on fire in the first quarter when he scored 20, I can only remember him missing a couple of shots. But his shot stopped falling in the second and he got bumped - a little too hard, I thought - on a few layup attempts. Perhaps it was a mistake to diagram the last play for him, seeing as though he was a bit out of rhythm. But we needed a three and he'd already hit for 4 of 7.

We really should not have lost this game. The collapse at the end of the first quarter was sudden and very unexpected. We let the Warriors come right back and all of a sudden, there they were leading by double digits. Our defense was atrocious and then we started to panic on offense. It's early days now so I'm not too concerned but this trend will have to stop soon.

We've got a couple of days off before playing the Jazz. That might give us time to get our heads on straight, but hopefully not out of focus.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:20 pm

Nice dynasty you have here Andrew. Great lay out and recaps! I like your coach's diary feature. Keep it up (Y)

BTW, love it that ur using the 'Reignman!'
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Thanks Sit. :) After last year I decided I'd go with the third person, NBA/ESPN.com style recaps as well as the diary to express my own thoughts on the game and add to the "story" aspect. The Kemp idea came to me when I was thinking of a way to add something extra to the Dynasty to keep me interested, as well as the fact I'd like to see him have one last run in real life and wouldn't mind the Bulls signing him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jugs on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Tough loss against the Warriors, I'm sure you'll win next time (Y)
Jugs

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:17 pm

November 9th, 2005
Golden State (127) at Chicago (124)

...one of the reasons i like Live... realism,hehe :lol:
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Should've known you'd turn up here with a Warriors victory. :)

Injury Update

Andres Nocioni's calf injury is completely healed, he'll be ready to go at 100% against Utah.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Avrah3 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:25 pm

Nice win and tough loss hope Nocioni is back soon he is a valuable backup.
Bucks next champs! Go Bucks!
Avrah3

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:20 am

Man Kemp is a b-e-a-s-t... what a return to the league! :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:21 am

Avrah3 wrote:Nice win and tough loss hope Nocioni is back soon he is a valuable backup.

Actually I've lost two straight, Nocioni never missed a game and I just posted that he's already back to full strength. ;)

Man Kemp is a b-e-a-s-t... what a return to the league!

Kemp's been great so far, better than I expected as I did lower his ratings quite significantly (his overall has dropped from 89 as a Legend to 66 with the changes) to reflect his age and conditioning. I have found myself going to him a fair bit.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby brad feet on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:55 pm

nice to see you back with another bulls dynasty andrew, i'll be reading......
brad feet

Postby Mark. on Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:30 pm

Tough two losses there, Wat are your sliders? your scores seem to be quite High, or are the Bulls now a fast breaking team like the Suns??
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:47 pm

Yeah I'm still tweaking as far as the scores are concerned. Getting there...though I haven't been playing so great defensively which has turned the games into a shootout more often than not as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:43 pm

November 12th, 2005
Utah (103) at Chicago (98)
Bulls falter against Jazz

[ Boxscore ]

After a solid first quarter, it looked like Chicago would turn around their recent misfortune but it would be the Jazz who celebrated the victory at the end of the night. Ben Gordon scored a career high 40 points but struggled to get there, attempting 42 field goals including 17 from beyond the arc. The second year guard scored 28 in the first half but went cold in the second half.

Despite Gordon's struggles, Chicago led for most of the third quarter before succumbing to a Jazz run. Though they would lead late in the game, some costly turnovers and bad shooting opened the door for Utah to egde ahead and hold on for a five point win.

Coach's Diary
November 12th - Disappointed, not desperate

I'm very disappointed in our last game. Four losses in a row, especially the way these losses have come about, is just unacceptable for a team like this. We're better than that. We don't need to stand around while Ben takes 42 shot attempts. I can guarantee that won't be happening again. Ben has accepted the challenge of being our go-to guy but we're not going to win like this. We need a better effort from everybody. We should not have lost to the Jazz. We shouldn't have let them go on a 10-0 run to start the second quarter.

I'm not about to start pushing the panic buttons but there will be some changes, starting now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The_Flying_Tomato on Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:22 pm

dude what the hell, did you get kemp out of the legends pool? I still haven't signed any1 out of that, but I should. Kemp is awesome.
benji wrote:We're still on that stupidity? Giving Kidd the MVP in 2002 is as bad as giving Nash the MVP in any year...

Controversial Clippers
The_Flying_Tomato

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:58 pm

Solid game for Kemp despite the foul trouble (Y)

Most Improved Player should go to him!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:28 pm

PHX4LIFE wrote:dude what the hell, did you get kemp out of the legends pool? I still haven't signed any1 out of that, but I should. Kemp is awesome.

Sort of. I placed him on the Free Agents before I started my Dynasty and reduced his ratings to a more appropriate level. I then started my Dynasty game, traded Tim Thomas to Charlotte to clear cap room before the season began and signed Kemp as well as Wesley Person.

The disappointment continues...

November 14th, 2005
Chicago (108) at Golden State (115)
Davis scores 41 as Warriors hand Bulls 5th straight defeat

[ Boxscore ]

In a battle of the backcourts, Baron Davis led his team to victory lighting Chicago up for 41 points including 16 in the fourth quarter. Chicago dropped its fifth straight game despite 28 points from second year standout Ben Gordon, who also collected 6 rebounds and 10 assists.

After a disappointing collapse against the Jazz two nights ago the Bulls seemed ready to finally end their bad fortunes, burning the Warriors for 37 first quarter points while allowing only 25. But once again the second quarter would be their downfall as the Warriors came roaring back behind Jason Richardson, who finished with 21 points.

Davis sparked a third quarter run scoring 11 points from all over the court as the Warriors began to pull away. Chicago managed to erase the deficit in the fourth quarter and trailed 105-104 at the two minute mark before Davis's hot shooting sealed the game for Golden State.

Coach's Diary

OK, maybe now it's time to panic. If only games were 12 minutes long. We just can't seem to get anything fluid going for the other 36 minutes and we're not going to win many games like that. We cut down on three pointers which I think helped, though we had to launch a few in the second half when the game started to slip away. I was much happier with the play of Ben and Kirk, though I wish their field goal percentage could have been a bit better.

The bench is a huge concern. That's when we start to lose it, when Ben and Kirk go out of the game. I've varied my rotations and tried to utilise our bench as effectively as possible but so far have had little success. It might be time for some more drastic changes.

Transactions

Chicago places G Eric Piatkowski and C/F Othella Harrington on the Inactive Roster and activates G Jannero Pargo and C Jake Voskuhl.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kemp on Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:54 pm

Warriors defence was too much for the Bulls, 9 steals and 12 blocks. Maybe is time to make some changes, bring Duhon into the starting lineups and let Gordon energise the bench.
Kemp

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I'd rather keep Duhon in the starting five for the meantime. He's been playing too well. I'm thinking of pulling some of the talent back to anchor the second unit though. I might alter my rotations a bit so I don't leave the team too thin when I have to start making changes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:48 am

Great games from my man Nocioni! :) Tough losses Andrew.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Blasphemy on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:22 am

Good games and review. But why put Harrington in IR?
Blasphemy

Postby Anthony15 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:35 am

Golden State played good. Tough loss.
Anthony15

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:02 pm

wankster wrote:Good games and review. But why put Harrington in IR?

He hasn't been doing much for me and I want to see how Voskuhl goes. I feel I need a bit more height on the bench.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:17 am

This dynasty definitely has some interesting coverage. I'll definitely be following this one. (Y)
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby JohnA20 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:48 pm

Great dynasty, is there any chance of Jordan making a return a la Kemp style?
JohnA20

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame