Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Scotty on Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:17 pm

better bookmark this one :new:

Go Nuggets!
Scotty

Postby jordan23bond007 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:04 pm

where's your settings and sliders. your scores dropped..
i like it that way low scoring=more realistic. anyways great dynasty. i'll be following this.

question: Were you playing games through 12 mins? or just watching the cpu play?
jordan23bond007

Postby BOSS on Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:08 pm

Whas good Andrew. Seems like your kinda strugglin as of lately. Plans to make ne changes along the way ?
BOSS

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:07 pm

jordan23bond007 wrote:where's your settings and sliders. your scores dropped..
i like it that way low scoring=more realistic. anyways great dynasty. i'll be following this.

question: Were you playing games through 12 mins? or just watching the cpu play?

Always play. If I'm going to set aside time for 12 minute quarters, I want in on the action. (Y)

Whas good Andrew. Seems like your kinda strugglin as of lately. Plans to make ne changes along the way ?

First plan is to change the rotation. I feel when I'm going to my bench, I'm losing steam. That might mean putting one of the current starters in the second unit or simply subbing them out earlier in the first so they can then return earlier to strengthen the lineup when the other starters go out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:32 am

November 16th, 2005
Chicago (119) at Portland (124)
Bulls endure another disappointing defeat

[ Boxscore ]

Portland was impressive when it mattered the most, overcoming a third quarter run and defending their home court with a 124-119 victory over the Chicago Bulls. Juan Dixon scored 30 points to lead six Blazers in double figures, shooting 9/18 from the field and connecting on all 10 of his free throws as well as coming up with 7 assists.

After Chicago opened the first quarter taking a 12-10 lead, the Blazers turned the tables and scored an effortless 22 points to go up 32-19 at the quarter break. It would be more of the same in the second, as Sebastian Telfair broke down the Bulls' defense scoring on easy layups and finding Zach Randolph and Theo Ratliff down low.

But the Bulls refused to quit. Ben Gordon, quiet through the first two quarters, erupted for 18 points on 8/9 shooting in the third. By the six minute mark the Bulls had narrowed the gap to one and would take the lead late in the period. Portland avoided collapse however and the game would be tied at 88 heading into the final stanza.

For ten minutes it was a see-saw battle, with several lead changes and neither team able to pull ahead by more than three. Just when it appeared the Bulls would be able to seal the game, Juan Dixon hit two big threes to start a Blazer run that saw them take a 12 point lead with a minute left. Chicago would cut the deficit to five but the game was already in the bag.

Coach's Diary
November 16th, 2005 - Winds of change will continue to blow

Drastic times call for drastic measures. Something needs to be done to snap this team out of its funk. I have a few ideas brewing. I'll take a few games to see how they work out, then I'll be going to Plan B. Stay tuned.

Out of character notes

I'm getting pretty frustrated at the game's comeback code as of late; perhaps it's some of the other stressful things I've been dealing with lately but NBA Live 06's flaws have been bugging me big time during this losing streak; my players forgetting how to play basketball, missing open shots and layups while the CPU drills fadeaway threes out of the double team. On the bright side, it has given me material for a Wishlist related column.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:20 pm

Awww tough loss man... what's your record now?
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:00 pm

A disappointing 2-6, which is my worst start ever. But on the bright side, it is a new challenge.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Drex on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:54 pm

What are those ideas, Andrew? Planning on a trade?
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:19 pm

A trade could be in the works. You'll have to wait and see. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JohnA20 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:43 pm

Maybe signing Jordan out of retirement could help, *nudge nudge*.
JohnA20

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:08 pm

Tempting, but I've already got Kemp in there. Bringing Jordan back would be too easy, even adjusting his ratings to account for age.

November 18th, 2005
Chicago (98) at Seattle (97)
Bulls squeeze out road win, end losing streak

[ Boxscore ]

Chicago ended their losing streak at five but a late turnover almost sent them away with a sixth straight loss. Ray Allen intercepted a lazy pass in the waning seconds but the Sonics were unable to get an open look at the basket as the game entered its final ten seconds. Danny Fortson fired an airball from downtown as time expired, giving Chicago its third win of the season.

"It felt good, no question" Bulls guard Ben Gordon said after the game. "We feel we're better than our record, those five straight (losses) lowered our morale. But we're not about to give up on ourselves." Gordon clearly hadn't given up, once again topping the 30 point mark with 34 on 14-for-25 shooting to go along with 4 rebounds and 6 assists.

The Bulls trailed at every quarter break but outscored Seattle 32-23 in the final period. Ray Allen scored 30 points but was 2-for-7 from downtown and couldn't find daylight after making the crucial steal in the final minute. "Obviously that's not what we had in mind," Bob Weiss commented. "We would have preferred Ray to take that final shot but they did an excellent job of containing him and Luke at the end there."

Coach's Diary
November 18th, 2005 - Finally!

I'll be honest, we almost threw that one away but a win is a win and we earned that one. These last five games have taken a toll on everyone, so as you can imagine our post game celebration was a bit exaggerated. You'd think we'd won it all the way the guys were acting but that's to be expected. This was a big win for us, we couldn't afford to get into a bigger hole even in these first few weeks. The longer the streak goes, the bigger that hole gets, the less time you have to climb out of it.

There's still some work to be done, still some points of concern but for the moment we can enjoy this win. We'll just need to be ready for the next game against the Lakers as I don't think Kobe's going to take it easy on us. He's coming in averaging 31.5 ppg and he'll be at home. But we're getting our confidence back and defending a lot better. This season just got interesting.

Out of character notes

I've done a little more work on the sliders. My concern is that in my attempts at realism I've made the game too easy but the fact Seattle still went on a few runs (even going up by 10 in the fourth) and the game remained close is encouraging. I think I might be a bit closer to releasing the sliders and I think losses from here on will be in much more realistic fashion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:12 pm

Wow, tough win. It was a win they had to have too, Kemp against the Sonics.. could it be a turning point for the bulls season? :proud:
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:12 pm

November 18th
KG to miss four weeks

Minneapolis, MN -- All-Star forward Kevin Garnett is expected to miss up to four weeks with a sprained foot. Garnett sustained the injury during the fourth quarter of the Timberwolves 104-95 loss to the Washington Wizards. KG is averaging 20.9 ppg, 10.8 rpg and 5.1 apg on the season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:14 pm

Matthew wrote:Wow, tough win. It was a win they had to have too, Kemp against the Sonics.. could it be a turning point for the bulls season? :proud:

I hope so. As frustrating as the losses have been it's also kind of cool in a way. I usually don't start off like this so it's an added challenge.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Drex on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:30 am

So you're double posting now :shake: ... :mrgreen:
A 1 point win (Y) Great D @ the end, making Fortson take the shot.
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Moop_Moop on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:53 am

This is great. No pics and gizmos to distract me from the great writing. Looks like 30 point nights are becoming routine for Gordon. Shades of a future Kobe :lol: ?

Anyways, good luck next game. (Y)
"I showed so much passion, I cared about the game so much, I didn't want to lose."
Moop_Moop

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:12 am

Drex wrote:So you're double posting now :shake: ... :mrgreen:

You can always report me to the admin. :twisted:

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like my writing. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:32 am

Nice win man (Y) Bring back MJ please. :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dada on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:12 am

Hmm... tough start, maybe you can get a winning streak going. Should be interesting to see what trades you might make if any.

ps: dont bring back MJ.
dada

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:22 am

At the moment I'm holding off on any trades. My current slider settings are making the game a bit more realistic which means I don't have to run and gun and abuse FSS, which is a style I'm not all that comfortable with.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JohnA20 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:35 pm

Andrew wrote:Tempting, but I've already got Kemp in there. Bringing Jordan back would be too easy, even adjusting his ratings to account for age.

Well, if BG goes down with some season ending injury, you know who to call up (Y). There also always next season too
JohnA20

Postby DREeaZy06 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:09 am

thatd be interesting, gordon and jordan

loving the clasic Andrew style, always a good read

keep it up andrew
KNICKS Dynasty
DREeaZy06

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:52 am

As big a Jordan fan as I am, I'd rather keep it realistic. Bringing Kemp back is enough of a stretch, though considering he's still trying to make a comeback in real life it's within reason.

Thanks for the comments, hope to have another update soon. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:09 am

Nice to see ya win Andrew (Y) Hey any chance I can get a glimpse of the sliders you are using? or have you posted them somewhere??
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:10 am

Haven't posted them yet, but might post them later today after a couple of games and some more tweaks.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame