Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Cartar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:54 pm

I think these are all good options on defense(well Chandler is already), but I think they aren´t the players, who could score 15PPG easily
Cartar

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:25 pm

The main issue is the overall ratings of some of those players. I was thinking about trying for Dwight Howard and had a scenario worked out but I couldn't pull the trigger on it because Howard's currently nursing a minor injury. I have a feeling they wouldn't have accepted anyway.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MadNice on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Get Dwight Howard and then Andre Igoudala then thats Shaq and kobe there and for them you don't have to do many trades. If you have D12 and Igoudala then i bet your defence is high and you'll get a Shaq and Kobe for real. ;)
New York Knicks Dynasty
MadNice

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:36 pm

It's doubtful I'd be able to get the CPU to accept a deal for one of them, let alone both. As I said before I'm regretting not signing Ben Wallace in the offseason, only so I'd have him to trade.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MadNice on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Then go for Jason Richardson and D12 and don''t worry man just for your start go get your wingman(Andre or J-Rich) and then wait for D12 to recover from injury and then start a good trade and you'll be alright. You don't have to go for D12 ethier go for Chris Bosh if you have to bro. Or Greg Oden. You go for Melo, Lebron, and even Wade. or you can go for Etlon Brand... ;)

You can always trade 3 people for one person bro.
New York Knicks Dynasty
MadNice

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 pm

This is an NBA Live 06 Dynasty; there is no Greg Oden in the rosters I'm using in this Dynasty as it was started two years ago. Pretty much everyone you're naming is way out of reach; the highest rated player I have is Hinrich at 81. Even if I could swing a deal for one of them, it would be virtually impossible to get a second player in the high 70s/low 80s.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MadNice on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:48 pm

Oh i forgot bro about the rosters lol :wall: Just try bro you might get lucky. ;)
New York Knicks Dynasty
MadNice

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:50 pm

I'll probably try for someone who's more within reach but anyone around 84/85 overall is pushing it, anyone higher than that is pretty much out of the question.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MadNice on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Yea true, Good luck on trades Andrew, ya be alright bro. (Y) ;)
New York Knicks Dynasty
MadNice

Postby Oskar on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 am

What about Amare ? He can get you 25 PPG and 10 RPG.. + few BPG.
Oskar

Postby Cartar on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:19 am

I think he´s bit too high rated
Cartar

Postby Oskar on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:35 am

Well there are more guys like.. Jermaine O'Neal ? Yeah, what about him ? Or.. Elton Brand ? I know they are both injury prone's, but if you have a nice trainer they'll do alright.
Oskar

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:51 am

Again, my highest rated player is 81 overall. You're talking about players who are in the high 80s, low 90s. They'd be great to have, but trading for them isn't really feasible.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Good to see this back up and running Andrew, always been one of my favourite reads on here.

About your big man problem, surely Chandler will come out of his slump soon.... since you doing a 82 game season I would let him have a bit more of a chance. But if you are looking for a change up what about going for a young player who has a lot of upside but can still contribute now if you need. How is Darko going? Your two years in so he might have developed a bit and be ready to put up numbers similar to what you said, or as Oskar said Bogut would be a good option, otherwise (im not sure on his rating, might be a bit high) Brad Miller is a good option too, very underated and would bring a lot to the table in terms of offense and his D aint too shabby either.

Oh and I remember your a Scrubs fan, what do you think of them doing an 8th season now? I love the show but I hope they dont get to the point where they are just making the show for the money. Personally I think the overall quality of the seasons has gone downhill (not drastically) from season 6 onwards....
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby rockets>u on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:28 pm

2 words, Chris Kaman
rockets>u

Postby Martti. on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:30 pm

If you want scoring, there's always Mehmet Okur. But he's not an efficient rebounder. Or how about Big Al Jefferson?

It all depends on ratings and salaries. Hope to see you make the best decision.

Best of luck!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:10 am

Al Jefferson is someone else I've been considering but his contract is going to be an issue. I could possibly make a deal work but I don't want to take on Raef LaFrentz's contract, unless I've got another trade possibility worked out ahead of time so I can be rid of him. I'd still like to trade Chandler for someone with a bit more offensive firepower but it's difficult to find someone with similar defensive ratings as well, at least in the range of overall ratings I'm working with.

Mark. wrote:Oh and I remember your a Scrubs fan, what do you think of them doing an 8th season now? I love the show but I hope they dont get to the point where they are just making the show for the money. Personally I think the overall quality of the seasons has gone downhill (not drastically) from season 6 onwards....

I'm glad it will be able to end with a proper season, though I think there's a lot of mileage on the characters at this point so unless they've got some creative stuff lined up I think it's probably going to be a noticeably weaker season, though still enjoyable in its own right.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jing on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:29 am

Holy shit, when did this come back to life.
Jing

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:36 am

Earlier this year. I've only played the one game recently though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MadNice on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:09 am

Yea you should go for AL Jefferson or at least Emka Okfur cuz both play great D and offensive to(Okafur is a dunking machine :D )and maybe Chris Bosh or Dwight Howard. Heres a list of players who you could be looking for:
Al Jefferson,Emka Okafur, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Etlon Brand, J-O'neal,
Chris Webber(too old but you can trade him again for one of the list),Paul gasol
Andrew Bogut, Chris Kaman, Stromile Swift, Amare Stoudemire, and last but not least Memet Okur. (Y) ;)
New York Knicks Dynasty
MadNice

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:43 am

Howard, Bosh, Brand, Amare and O'Neal are out due to their ratings. Al Jefferson's probably the frontrunner at the moment though I expect I'll play at least a few more games with Chandler before I make a move.

Carlos Boozer is someone else I was looking at since his overall is only 76 in the rosters I originally began the Dynasty with but he doesn't help out much when it comes to blocking so that's unlikely to happen.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Bodz on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:41 am

Ever considered Pau Gasol? He can score, rebound and defend. It'll take some pressure of Gordon and Hinrich, and the opposition will probably have their hands full.

You could trade to package Chandler with another player to get Gasol. I believe with the coaching given, he may turn out to be a better player in the coming seasons...
Where Hang Time Happens
Bodz
Rise In Pleasure

Postby Mark. on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm glad it will be able to end with a proper season, though I think there's a lot of mileage on the characters at this point so unless they've got some creative stuff lined up I think it's probably going to be a noticeably weaker season, though still enjoyable in its own right.

Yeah I agree it will be good for a proper ending, season 7 left a lot to be desired, but that was mainly due to the writers strike. No matter what they do with this coming season I will be happy to get more episodes of my favourite show. Oh I also read that they are going back to the format they used in the earlier seasons and will be looking to develop some new characters.

Back on topic, I think Jefferson could be a good option, but what are his defensive ratings like?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Bodz_999 wrote:Ever considered Pau Gasol? He can score, rebound and defend. It'll take some pressure of Gordon and Hinrich, and the opposition will probably have their hands full.

He's rated 84 overall so he's probably slightly out of reach. I'd rather target a player like Jefferson who shouldn't require me to give up as much to get a deal done.

Bodz_999 wrote:Back on topic, I think Jefferson could be a good option, but what are his defensive ratings like?

Stealing: 35
Blocking: 77
Off. Rebounds: 77
Def. Rebounds: 82
Def. Awareness: 62

Chandler's ratings are as follows:

Stealing: 24
Blocking: 81
Off. Rebounds: 86
Def. Rebounds: 97
Def. Awareness: 73

With all the players I've been looking at, I'd be taking a hit in the rebounding ratings and in some cases blocking as well but they've generally got better defensive ratings. I'm starting to think that trading for someone like Jefferson might be really just a lateral move so I might stick with Chandler for the time being and see if I can get a better performance out of him.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Bodz on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:57 pm

Given the statistics, sticking with Chandler seems like a better option at this time. Maybe put him on a 4 week coaching focused mainly in his defensive skills to beef it up...
Where Hang Time Happens
Bodz
Rise In Pleasure

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame