::: A Legend Is Born ::: (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Are you looking forward to the release of A Legend Is Born Part II?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 73

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:49 am

Chapter Index

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen – Part 1
Chapter Nineteen – Part 2
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

---

Coming Up on A Legend Is Born...

The First Round of the playoffs is here! Who will get through to the second round depends on eight different and intriguing 3 game series! Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett are the front runners for the MVP award; who will win it?

Reshawn Tyson will participate in his first NBA pre-draft workout in Minnesota while Moses Chara goes in for an interview with GM Sit.

Watch out for more appearances from Peter Robinson, Mark Moore, Flo Ruf, Alex Sotirov, Thierry and Dadamafia!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby CouchPotato94 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:41 am

Can't wait for the next chapter man :D
CouchPotato94

Postby pHLo on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:46 am

yeah.. you spend too much time on your fifa dynasty :P

focus on your main project :D

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks boys, I will try to write up a chapter if I finish my draft for my assignment later today.
Fresh8

Postby pHLo on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:34 am

take your time ;)
i didn't want to rush you

pHLo

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:41 am

Stay tuned bitch :P
Fresh8

Postby pHLo on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:06 pm

and u better shut up and write, bitch :P

dirrty mo'f*cka

pHLo

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:15 pm

hey, ur a bitch! Dont call me a motherfucker! damn you u faggot!!!!

anyways... back on topic, lets nto spam this thread anymroe...
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Chapter 24

Baron Davis cross the ball over and sped right past Jason Terry. He looked to his left and changed direction to go right. Terry was trying to catch up as Davis led the open court evading Devin Harris. Harris was on the foul line and quickly slid over to try to stop Davis who was looking more and more like a runaway freight train. Davis recognised Harris’ intention to come over and stop him so he pushed the ball harder and tried to run faster. Harris had his arms out and ready to step in Davis’ way. As Harris stepped out in front of him, Davis instinctively crossed the ball over to his right hand and dribbled to his right. Harris turned his body quickly but he was out of his defensive stance and looking like he was about to fall over. Davis then wrapped the ball around his body and threw the behind the back pass to a streaking Mike Dunleavy. Harris tried to change directions once more but fell over. Harris corked his head back to watch Dunleavy finish the play by throwing the ball up just in front of the hoop and Davis gliding up with ease to jam home the alley-oop.
“Oh that was nasty!” Doug Collins yelled into his microphone, “I can still feel the ground shaking over here!”
Marv Albert then took the chance to announce the score line, “Golden State has now taken the lead at 93 to 92. And in the last 3 minutes of play, the Warriors have just completed an 8-0 run to take the lead and it’s their first lead of the game.”
As Dallas took a 20 second time out, Steve Kerr and Doug Collins began to speak about the series.
“Doug, Golden State is finally gathering some momentum entering the final 2 minutes of this game, how do you think they will do?” Steve asked his colleague.
Doug answered, “Just like a few days ago in that win at home, we saw Golden State win after a big run. They look just as hot as they did in Game 2.”
“Ok, we’re now looking at the Dallas bench and Avery must be telling the guys to give it their all out there,” Steve announced.

The Maverick players put their hands into the middle of the huddle and Avery yelled out, “On three, defence!”
After their cheer, the players began to walk back onto the court but Avery called to Dirk and pulled him by his arm, “No more fouls. You only got one left.”
Dirk nodded slightly and walked onto the court following his team mates.
At the other bench, Coach Montgomery was yelling out in great urgency, “Once we get out there, we need to keep doing our thing. Keep on running and fast breaking. These guys don’t stand a chance!”
The Warriors players then joined their opponents on the court and Dallas got to inbound the ball. Jason Terry cut in hard to catch the ball and quickly take it over halfway. He recognised the half court trap being set up by the Warriors so he passed left to Dirk who was on the three point line. Dirk squared up and then quickly swung the ball into Dampier. Dampier pivoted on one foot and faked the shot before throwing back out to a cutting Harris. Harris dribbled the ball in and went up for a shot. He quickly threw the ball out to Dirk on the right hand side of the court, down near the baseline. Dunleavy was on him and didn’t give him space to move. Dirk took to dribbles forward and Dunleavy got in his way. The German then took one hard dribble forward, making contact with Dunleavy before quickly taking two steps back and popping up for the three. He kept his hand in the air and moved sideways as he watched the ball swish.
Avery Johnson yelled from the sideline, “That’s what I’m talking about!”
Then the crowd began to boo and Dirk who was running down on defence looked back and saw Dunleavy on the floor with his fists raised. Baron Davis and Troy Murphy helped their team mate off the floor.
Avery than began screaming out, ‘What’s this? What’s this?”
The coach walked towards the ref who was signalling to the score bench what he was calling, “That’s a charge on number 41.”
The score bench signalled back that that was Dirk’s sixth foul and hence he had fouled out. Dirk was furious and jogged back and started to argue with the ref. The ref shook his head and walked away as the pro-Dallas crowd booed loudly.
Avery shook his head before signalling to Keith Van Horn to get ready to play. The lanky forward gave Dirk a high five as he walked onto the court and Dunleavy got the ball on the sideline. The Mavs began to play their full court press with the time winding down. Jason Terry immediately took on Baron Davis, sticking his hand for the ball. Davis tried to dribble between his legs and do a spin move. Out of nowhere, Devin Harris came from behind and swiped the ball from Davis’ reach. The crowd stood up and cheered as Harris got down to the hoop in a blink of an eye and made the lay up. He then got ready for the Warriors’ attack.
“Quick, pass it up!” yelled Warriors players.
Dunleavy passed to Davis who dribbled to his left then dribbled around his back and went to the right. Davis then threw the ball down the court to Richardson. Richardson passed up to Dunleavy who had sprinted the full length of the court. Dunleavy found he open under the hoop and went up for a reverse lay up. The ball rattled in and the Dallas crowd booed once more. Mark Cuban was screaming from his seat as Dallas took the ball to pass it in. Suddenly, Troy Murphy picked off the pass intended for Jason Terry. Van Horn yelled out in anger as time was winding down.
“No fouls!” Avery yelled, “Defence!”
Golden State set up its offence and Baron Davis looked up to see just 43 seconds left on the game clock. He had time to set his team up for one shot they needed to make. The score was 95-94 in Golden State’s favour and he didn’t want his team to give up the lead or give the Mavs a chance to win it.
The player patiently swung the ball around on the perimeter and found Jason Richardson open down low in the post. He was being guarded by Harris and Van Horn rotated onto him. Richardson knew he was doubled and quickly looked for a team mate. He threw it out to Troy Murphy who went for the three point shot. Everything seemed to go a bit slower at that time. The ball flew through the air and then through the hoop. The ref called it good for three points and Murphy raised his arms up to the crowd who were booing even louder. Avery was on the sideline shaking his head as the Mavs had 26 seconds left in the game. They needed a miracle.

The buzzer sounded as the Warriors won 98-94 after the Mavs missed three treys in the final 20 seconds of the game. The Warriors jumped onto the scorer’s table and celebrated. Mark Cuban was cursing loudly as the Mavs fans loudly booed the number 5 seeded Warriors off the court. Dirk Nowitzki walked off the court quickly in shame; he had failed his team mates.

Peter Robinson was cleaning the toilets before he saw Thierry and his client Moses Chara walk past. He quickly put his gloves down and ran up to the two.
“Moses Chara!” Peter yelled, “Can I have your autograph?”
Chara was walking fine though and he turned around and looked at the bathroom cleaner, “Sure.”
Chara took a marker out of his pocket and scribbled his name on Robinson’s sleeve.
Robinson smiled, “Thanks man!”
After he had gone back to his job, Thierry whispered to his client, “See, everyone loves you man. This is the place you will play.”
Chara nodded, “It’s nice to be asked for an autograph. This place is all right.”
Thierry nodded, “Just let me do the talking in this interview.”
Chara nodded again as the two of them went to meet GM Sit on the court.

Reshawn Tyson and Rocky Akonnor were shooting free throws and warming up for their work out. They had been invited to try out at the Target Centre. Mark was once again conducting the workout with Flo on the sideline watching on.
“Ok you two, let’s do some shooting drills!” Mark yelled.
The pair began to take some shots from mid range. They took ten shots from spots marked on the floor and Flo counted the makes and misses and tried to access their form. Rocky was shaky and made only half his shots while Tyson was making a consistent 8 of 10 shots from each place he shot from.
“This is good!” yelled Mark, “Keep it up.”
The two players’ agent Alex Sotirov was sitting next to Flo.
“I think you will like both of these players,” Sotirov advertised to Flo, “They are both mature men and will give the Wolves a boost in every department of play.”
Flo laughed, “You know Tyson is still a project. We’re not looking for that but we are interested in Akonnor.”
Sotirov nodded and watched as his two clients kept on going at the drill. Suddenly Tyson’s phone rang and Sotirov answered.
Soitrov called out, “Hey boss, can we stop the drill now? We got an urgent call for Reshawn.”
Mark yelled back, “We can’t stop this drill!”
Sotirov called back, “You have to. It’s urgent.”
Mark shook his head, “Ok, Tyson go answer your call.”
Akonnor retreated to the sideline to grab a drink as Tyson answered the call.
“Hello?”
“Hi Reshawn, this is Docter Mafia here…”

Sit sat in a room high up in the stadium and could oversee the whole court.
“Moses, how interested are you in playing for Minnesota?”
Thierry answered for him, “My client would love to play here.”
Sit nodded, “And what do you have to offer to the franchise?”
Thierry tried to say something but Sit butted in, “I want Moses to answer please.”
Moses thought for a few seconds, “I think I can be a leader on and off the court. I can score and play defence and be a team player. Also, I can’t wait to play with Kevin Garnett.”
Sit nodded and wrote that down on his clip board before standing up, “That’s good. Thank you for coming in gentlemen and I wish you well for Team USA trials Moses.”
Sit shook their hands and led them out.
“We have a few players trialling today so if you want to stick around, you may,” Sit said, “I need to head out now.”
Thierry and Moses said goodbye to Sit as they went down toward the Target Centre court.

Reshawn wasn’t looking himself as he air balled a few three pointers and bricked a few others. He hadn’t made a shot from behind the NBA three point line as Flo shook his head in concern.
“I thought he had range,” Flo said to Sotirov.
Sotirov shrugged, “Must be having a bad shooting day.”
“You can’t be inconsistent when you make the NBA,” Flo said to him, writing something else down.
Mark was on the court shaking his head also, “What are you doing Tyson? I thought you could shoot!”
Tyson threw up another shot then with his last one, he didn’t even shoot. He kicked the ball into the stands.
Mark was angry, “This is very unprofessional! First you stop our session with a phone call and now you think this is soccer or something?”
Tyson was now ripping his singlet off and Akonnor went over to his friend.
“What are you doing?” Akonnor whispered to him and put his hands on his friend’s shoulder.
Tyson pushed Akonnor out of the way and stormed towards the tunnel. Alex Buckley was standing in the media area near the exit to the stadium and his friend was taking snaps of the College star walking towards them. The crowd began to talk to each other in a low whisper. Tyson had thrown his singlet to the side of the court and was shaking his head as he walked towards the exit.
“Hey Tyson,” a voice yelled out, “Chickening out hey?”
It was Chara who was sitting in a seat above the tunnel.
Tyson looked up and stuck his middle finger at Chara that caused the cameras to begin to flash again. Tyson glared at the cameras and stormed away with reporters following.
One lady journalist asked him, “Tyson, are you leaving because you’re playing bad now?”
Another asked, “What do you think of Moses Chara now?”
The tall player then stopped and turned around to face the journalists and he shouted at them, “Will you please shut up?”
Tyson then reached out and grabbed one of the reporter’s recording devices. He threw it to the ground and it was smashed.
“Hey, that’s my recorder!”
Tyson turned around to continue walking and a camera man with a video camera quickly tried to get in front of him. Tyson was so annoyed that he pushed the man into the wall and grabbed the camera off the man. He threw it down the corridor and quickly ran up to it and kicked it against the wall. Srbija and newly employed security guard Jing Xu ran up from the other end of the corridor and cut off the reporters from the raging Tyson. Tyson walked away and quickly left the stadium.

David Stern was at mid court of the Staples Centre and looked around at the Lakers crowd. He recognised Jack Nicholson who was seated in his customary seat of behind the visitors’ bench. He smiled as the PA announcer signalled to him to start his announcement.
“Now David Stern would like to make a special presentation,” the deep voice of the PA announcer called over the system.
The crowd went silent and Stern began, “I would like to make a special presentation today and ward Kobe Bryant of the LA Lakers the Most Valuable Player award for the 05 to 06 season.”
The crowd quickly stood up and cheered for their star player to receive the award. Kobe Bryant left the Lakers bench to join Stern at halfway. He lifted his MVP trophy in the air to the roar of the crowd and waved to his fans.
“Thank you to everyone for this award. It’s been a lot of fun this season,” he said, “And tonight, we’re going to win against the Portland Trailblazers and make the next round!”
The crowd cheered once more and it was a while before they would sit down again.

It was a tight game as the Lakers led the most of the game. Portland had played great all series and certainly ran the Lakers off of the Rose Garden. Kobe had played a surprising team game as Luke Walton led the team with a surprising 17 points. Kobe only had 11 but he also had 14 assists. The Lakers had the lead 86 to 85 with 1:34 left in the game. Portland had control of the ball and Zach Randolph got position in the paint. They passed the ball into him and Randolph missed the shot. The game changed direction and the Lakers sprinted down to the other end. They set up their offence and Lamar Odom cut inside deep. Walton passed the ball in but Odom was trapped by Telfair and Webster. Odom tried to pass out to Kobe but the ball went out. Kobe shouted at Odom before going back down to the other end. The Staples Centre crowd were on the edge of their seats and suffered a set back when Zach Randolph dunked on Kwame Brown. They booed as Brown fouled out and Randolph made the free throw to put the Blazers ahead 88-86. Kobe Bryant then took control of the ball and made a long three to push LA up by 1 point with 33.2 seconds left. The crowd was on their feet after Portland called a time out. Juan Dixon passed into Webster who passed to Telfair. Smush Parker man-handled Telfair but the ref didn’t call anything. Telfair lost the ball and Smush passed to Kobe. Bryant quickly dribbled up the court and waited for the clock to run out. There were only five seconds left on the shot clock. Kobe went up for the bucket.
“Three points! Kobe Bryant!” the PA announcer shouted out.
Kobe lifted one hand in the air as the Staples Centre crowd stood up in an ovation to the Lakers. Webster missed a three on the other end and Chris Mihm grabbed the rebound to hold onto the 92-88 win and a berth in the second round of the playoffs. They were now going to play the Spurs.
Fresh8

Postby Cable on Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:03 am

Ohhh, the suspense with Tyson is killer. :P
And I'm going to see them in Toronto!
Cable

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:17 am

We all love Ty! :D
Fresh8

Postby pHLo on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:22 pm

man... u make me look like i was hatin Ty :P

i'd choose him over any other prospect but Chara ;)

well... i don't understand why GS didn't foul Kobe on his last posession in order to stop the clock :?

pHLo

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:49 pm

In the story, you obviously like Chara more and plus... as an orginisation, we gotta be professional!!!!

Oh yeh... it wasnt GS v LAL... and Portland didnt foul Kobe cause they were down by only 1 point and hoped Kobe would miss.... lol
Fresh8

Postby pHLo on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:49 am

Sit wrote:In the story, you obviously like Chara more and plus... as an orginisation, we gotta be professional!!!!

well.. what's unprofessionial in my statement ? :P

Sit wrote:Oh yeh... it wasnt GS v LAL... and Portland didnt foul Kobe cause they were down by only 1 point and hoped Kobe would miss.... lol

ok, the hoped that he would miss... but i think in this situation it would have been much more intelligent to foul him and even if Kobe hits his FTs you have a full 24 seconds for your possesion instead of jacking up a shot with 3-5 secs left...
ah well, there's no reason to argue about those little things :roll:

pHLo

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:08 am

Flo wrote:well.. what's unprofessionial in my statement ?

- I never said you were unprofessional :P And yeh, even from the beginning in the story, your character liked Moses more... i cant just change it you know :P

Flo wrote:ok, the hoped that he would miss... but i think in this situation it would have been much more intelligent to foul him and even if Kobe hits his FTs you have a full 24 seconds for your possesion instead of jacking up a shot with 3-5 secs left...

ah well, there's no reason to argue about those little things

- Thats true but Portland isn't smart enough to do that :P As long as the story works with the score in the end, I think it's good enough!

Anyways, Playoff Round 1 and Player Awards to be Posted Soon.
Fresh8

Postby A-Sot on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:46 am

Come on Sit, pass those exams and post the updates :) (Y)
"What do you want to be remembered for ? As someone who went out and played basketball just as hard as he could and was a total team player"
Antoine "Flash" Howard 1975 - 2004
A-Sot

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:43 am

Oh man, screwed my exam 10 minutes ago lol...

I mispelt one word, forgot half of two answers so i think i lost maybe 1.5 marks... lol Damn!
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:04 am

1.5 Marks or of how many, losing 1.5 marks aint too bad ususally.

Looking forward to the next update bro (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Jing on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:08 am

whats this exam anyways?

make me have a more sophistacated job next time sit, like manager, tycoon, or ultiamte player :wink:
Jing

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:02 pm

It was a macroeconomics exam... 1 mark = 1% of the course overall... I'm aiming for 75%... and I already lost 4 marks in my first exam :(

Anyhow... Thanks Mark... updates should come after i finish this crim assignment and Jing:

- Is a security guard a downgrade from bar owner?
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:49 pm

First Round Recap

Individual Player Awards

Most Valuable Player

Kobe Bryant was awarded the NBA’s MVP Award as he led his LA Lakers in scoring (35.8), assists (8), steals (2.3) and field goal percentage (.540). Bryant also grabbed 5.3 rpg as he led the Lakers to a second seeding in the Western Conference and he was the runaway candidate for MVP.

Defensive Player of the Year

Kevin Garnett’s defensive player of the year is question after his Wolves crashed out of playoff contention early and often conceded triple figure scores, even against lower level opponents. However, Garnett was compensated after not receiving the MVP trophy as he led his team with 12 rpg, 2 bpg and 2 spg. Defence wasn’t his only impact made on the court as he still was able to chip in 24 ppg and 5 apg.

Rookie of the Year

The rookie from down under was solid as he adapted to the NBA way of play quickly. The only player to play and start all 29 games of the season, Bogut was solid as he was third on the team in scoring (13.9); first in rebounding (9.9); third in assists (3.1); third in steals (1.3); and second in blocks (1.45). Bogut looks like he will be an All-Star in years to come.

Most Improved Player

Dwight Howard posted another successful year as he surprisingly was awarded the role of captain. He was second in scoring only to Grant Hill with 18.7 ppg and led the team with 12 rpg. He also had a team-leading 2 bpg while Orlando finished outside of the playoff picture by a handful of wins.

Sixth Man

The Phoneix Suns started the season slowly and so did Kurt Thomas who replaced the injured Amare Stoudamire in the starting lineup for 3 games. After Stoudamire returned, the Suns made a spirited push for the playoffs. During that push, Kurt settled into his favored role as sixth man and put up solid averages of 9.3 ppg and 7.8 rpg.

First Round Wrap-Up

Western Conference

1 Houston v 8 Memphis - Houston continued to roll in the postseason as Memphis came pain-staking close to winning their franchise’s first ever play-off game. Juwan Howard was the most solid player in the Rockets’ outfit as he scored a game high 24 points in game one and backed that up with 18 points and 15 rebounds. However, it was Tracy McGrady who was cool down the stretch, Sinking back to back jumpers and 4 free throws in the final 2 minutes to help win the game. Pau Gasol was again the star for Memphis as he scored 32 and 27 points in each of the games respectively.

- - -

4 Dallas v 5 Golden State - After the Mavericks destroyed the Warriors at home, Golden State rallied to a 17 point win in Game 2. With things all square, a late comeback by Golden State in Game 3 stunned the Mavs and allowed the lower seed to make the second round of the playoffs in their first postseason in many years. Baron Davis was impressive as he averaged 22 ppg, 5 rpg and 7 apg in the 3 games. Dirk Nowitzki wasn’t enough as he had 37 points in Game 1; 25 in Game 2; and 29 in Game 3. The German fouled out late on a controversial call in Game 3 and Dallas went crashing out of the playoffs.

- - -

3 Denver v 6 San Antonio - Despite a number 3 seed, San Antonio showed Denver that experience was key in the postseason. The defending NBA champs clamped down on defense and easily destroyed Denver in Colorado while finishing the sweep in San Antonio. Tim Duncan dominated with averages of 28 ppg and 15 rpg through two matches while Tony Paker is on 22 ppg and 10 apg and Manu Ginobili has posted an average of 17 ppg. The Nuggets’ Carmelo Anthony endured another tough playoff series as he was cold throughout as he only scored 17 and 14 points in each game respectively. Earl Boykins came off the bench in Game 1 and tried to help his team out with 16 points before starting Game 2 and scoring 27 points.

- - -

2 LA Lakers v 7 Portland - Each team had big wins on their own home courts and it ultimately came down to execution down the stretch in Game 3. Kobe Bryant was the hero with two late treys in the final game but that was the only time he took over games as the Lakers have 5 players averaging double figures. Kobe leads the way with just 21 ppg; a stark contrast to his season average of close to 36 ppg. Portland’s Zach Randolph dominated inside with 26 ppg and 13 rpg while high school rookie Martell Webster did good enough for 15 ppg, 6 rpg and 5 apg.

Eastern Conference

1 Detroit v 8 Atlanta - Atlanta didn’t stand a chance from the beginning and Detroit made sure they didn’t let their guard down by sweeping this series easily Darko Milicic got game time as he played in the second halves of each game. Milicic made the most of his minutes by scoring 12 in Game 1 and 8 and 7 rebounds in Game 2. Chauncey Billups was the star for Detroit with 22 ppg and 8 apg. Joe Johnson led Atlanta with 28 ppg and 6 apg.

- - -

4 Cleveland v 5 Chicago - LeBron James was devastated that he missed a last second shot to win the game against the Chicago Bulls at home. That’s why he went on a scoring mission in Games 2 and 3. James single handily dismantled Chicago and led his team to two big wins as he scored 39 and 36 in each. The Bulls couldn’t stop him as Ben Gordon managed 25 ppg to counter King James.

- - -

3 Miami v 6 Indiana - Shaq and Co won the first game, dropped one away and then blew away Indiana in Game 3. Even Ron Artest’s mouth couldn’t save the Pacers as they were over-confident from their big Game 2 victory. Artest even played poorly as Miami abused him repeatedly on defense and didn’t seem to be affected by Ron Ron’s antics on the attack. Shaq was ever dominant with an impressive 32 ppg and 14 rpg. “I’ve been saving my energy up for this,” the giant said after Game 3, in which he scored 36 points and grabbed 18 rebounds.

- - -

2 New Jersey v 7 Toronto - Jason Kidd has been to two NBA Finals while Toronto hasn’t even made the playoffs in a very long time. And it was the first in the post-Vince era. Vince Carter played against his former team and even shot his team out of the playoffs when he returned to Canada where he was booed all night long in Game 2. He showed his mental toughness though as he powered to a game high 29 points and added 11 rebounds in Game 2. Chris Bosh did all he could with 22 and 28 points in each game but Toronto was just outmatched and outclassed.

- - -

NBA Lottery

The NBA announced the chances each NBA lottery-bound team has in acquiring the Number One Draft Pick for the 2006 Draft. The New Orleans Hornets have the best odds while being followed by Utah, Milwaukee and Minnesota.

The Hornets will be hoping to get that first overall pick after a horrible year that started off with the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina , which resulted in their subsequent relocation. Although Chris Paul did well at the PG position for the team, they are looking forward to the prospect of matching him up with the scoring prowess of Moses Chara from Duke.

The NBA lottery to determine the Draft’s picking order will be held in New York on May 23.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm

Nice stuff dude, I would like to see a Houston vs LAL Western Final please :D

Hopefully we can grab that first pick too (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Marquis on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:28 pm

Your man Bryant MVP. Congrats! Yeah I also would love to see lakers going to the conference final. Go lakers and Kobe
Marquis

Postby pHLo on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:13 am

nice wrap-up (Y)

we got a good shot for the #1 pick :D

pHLo

Postby A-Sot on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:36 am

Nice from you to post some updates :)

And what are CP3`s stats in comparison with Bogut ?
"What do you want to be remembered for ? As someone who went out and played basketball just as hard as he could and was a total team player"
Antoine "Flash" Howard 1975 - 2004
A-Sot

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame