X's Blazers Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable Dynasty and Franchise threads.

Postby Lamrock on Mon May 29, 2006 4:33 pm

Wow, in the last 2 days, I read this great 30 page dynasty. WOW. I remember reading your Bobcats dynasty and loving it, but this is even better. I don't want a Cyberface, but can I guess the Playoff matchups when you post the tree?

Anyway, proceed, and congrats on snagging the 3rd seed. When I played a dynasty, I went 39-43, but got the third seed and got lucky by playing easy teams on my way to a championship. (I used the Jazz)
Lamrock

Postby BOSS on Mon May 29, 2006 5:03 pm

Sexy Jerseys ;)
BOSS

Postby The X on Mon May 29, 2006 9:02 pm

Lamrock13 wrote:Wow, in the last 2 days, I read this great 30 page dynasty. WOW. I remember reading your Bobcats dynasty and loving it, but this is even better. I don't want a Cyberface, but can I guess the Playoff matchups when you post the tree?

Anyway, proceed, and congrats on snagging the 3rd seed. When I played a dynasty, I went 39-43, but got the third seed and got lucky by playing easy teams on my way to a championship. (I used the Jazz)

cheers for comments....I'm in the midst of a lot of study etc so dynasty is currently shelved....updates will come eventually, but unfortunately work, study & gf comes first....let's hope I can prove Jugs right :lol:

Sam. wrote:Sexy Jerseys ;)

cheers....we get to wear them for 1st time on Wednesday so hopefully it'll be good for an extra 10pts :P (I hope so as we're playing last year's champions & our team is very much a WIP)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Blasphemy on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:25 am

So X, How is this dynasty coming along? You gonna update soon or you still have school work to do?
Blasphemy

Postby The X on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:51 pm

Wankster wrote:So X, How is this dynasty coming along? You gonna update soon or you still have school work to do?

will be doing season-by-season sim recaps to see how all the NLSC-ers go....I'm doing this because I now have an XBox 360 & NBA2k6 so I'll likely be starting a Hornets' dynasty in the Other Games section....

got an exam tomorrow so no updates in mind yet....talking about that, I should get back to study....cheers....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jing on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:28 pm

are you serious? goddamn you bastard
Jing

Postby The X on Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:18 pm

Jing wrote:are you serious? goddamn you bastard

what? why do you say that? :? because I like a bball game that is superior to Live in almost every sense of the word? :? because I don't have time to put in the amount of time & effort a quality dynasty needs? because I went with the cheaper option of a XBox 360 because my computer freezes a few times a day & can only play Live '06 on average detail settings?

please explain, but I'm sure you were j/k anyway :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:21 pm

I'm glad you'll be simming to see how the NLSC-ers, me in particular, go. Can't wait to see you in the other games section :proud: .
Jugs

Postby The X on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 pm

This update goes out to the guys who have supported my dynasties throughout. Sorry I couldn't keep them going. Unfortunately the persistent knocking of real life became too much. I'll do season-by-season simmed updates as I have time. So they will probably come sporadically, so don't expect one every couple of days.

2006/07

As some of you might know, I had Portland advancing to playoffs with No. 3 seed courtesy of a weak Northwest Division, whereby they would be playing Phoenix in the 1st Round. I simmed out the playoffs and Phoenix swept Portland 2-0 & moved all the way to the Western Conference Finals, where they were beaten by eventual champions, San Antonio 2-1. The Spurs once again beat out the Pistons for the 3rd straight season, capping a heroic 3-peat, especially considering Duncan (8.0ppg, 12.6rpg, 3.0apg, 2.25bpg & 1.25spg) was a shell of his former self as he missed most of the playoffs. Fortunately for the Spurs, the international backcourt of Ginobili (Finals MVP - 26.3ppg, 4.6rpg, 7.6apg & 2.00spg) & Parker (21.4ppg, 5.2rpg, 7.3apg & 1.67spg) was once again too much for the Pistons to stop.

As for the NLSC-er's performances in the playoffs, Indiana's C Will Sit (5.0ppg & 5.8rpg) helped the Pacers reach the Conference Semis where they fell to eventual Finalists' Detroit. Boston was also another victim of the Pistons, but it wasn't rookie PG Mark Moore's fault (5.0ppg, 4.0rpg, 7.0apg, 2.00spg & 1.00bpg). After an underwhelming rookie campaign, Cleveland's SG Jing Xu sprung to life (7.3ppg, 2.8rpg & 2.0apg) as he helped Lebron James & his Cleveland Cavaliers to the Conference Semifinals where they were swept out by the 76ers. Finally the forgotten C Makis Hassakis averaged 3.2ppg & 1.8rpg, but the Mavs couldn't overcome the loss of Nowitzki & Howard to injury as they were knocked out by the Spurs in 2 straight games in the Conference Semis.

For the season, the awards were as follows:

MVP: Paul Pierce (Bos)
DPOY: Ben Wallace (Det)
ROY: Rudy Gay (Orl)
6th: Kurt Thomas (Pho)
MIP: Chris Paul (NOK)

All-NBA 1st Team:
Yao (Hou), Chris Bosh (Tor), Paul Pierce (Bos), Kobe Bryant (LAL), Allen Iverson (Phi)

All-NBA 2nd Team:
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Cle), Elton Brand (LAC), Tracy McGrady (Hou), Vince Carter (NJN), Mike Bibby (Sac)

All-Defensive 1st Team:
Ben Wallace (Det), Amare Stoudemire (Pho), Andrei Kirilenko (Uta), Dwayne Wade (Mia), Allen Iverson (Phi)

All-Defensive 2nd Team:
Marcus Camby (Den), Chris Bosh (Tor), Paul Pierce (Bos), Kobe Bryant (LAL), Stephon Marbury (NYK)

All-Rookie 1st Team:
SF- Rudy Gay (Orl), SG- Vince Dehere (NOK), PF- Walter Choi (LAL), SF- Rodney Carney (Tor), PF- Tiago Splitter (Chi)

All-Rookie 2nd Team:
PF- Andrea Bargnani (Was), SF- Adam Morrison (LAL), C- Will Sit (Ind), SG- Jing Xu (Cle), Liu Kuffour (Pho or Min)

2007 OFF-SEASON

Deciding that he would float around for a while, The X took a job with the Hornets, as they were coming off a dismal season in which they finished with the 2nd worst record in the league. The X's luck seemed to turn the franchise around as the Hornets won the 2007 lottery, beating out the likes of New York, Washington & Seattle, and the chance to draft Greg Oden, the best bigman to enter the league since Tim Duncan got drafted by the Spurs.

The X didn't waste long as he resigned David West, Brandon Bass & PJ Brown, as well as deciding not to pursue resigning Desmond Mason & not being able to come to suitable terms with Fred Jones. The X would've also been happy to see that the Blazers decided to resign Eddie Griffin & Morris Peterson.

The X used his draft picks to select Ohio State's C Greg Oden (1st overall) & SG Brad Newley (32nd overall). Here's how some of the draft panned out.

1. NOK: C- Greg Oden (Ohio State)
2. NYK: PF- Tyrus Thomas (LSU)
3. Was: PF- Joakim Noah (Florida)
4. Sea: SF- Kevin Durant (Texas)
5. Mil: PG- Marcus Williams (UConn)
6. LAC: PG- Glen Nugent
7. Orl: C- Patrick O'Bryant (Bradley)
8. Min: SG- Stephen Hill
9. GSW: PF- Josh McRoberts (Duke)
10. Chi: PF- Mark Negone (Texas)
11. Cha: PF- Robert Skrnjug (Australia)
12. Atl: SF- Zac Mousoulis (Australia)
13. Uta: SG- Alex Buckley (Penn State)
27. Cle: SG- Sam Anurak (St. Vincent-St. Mary HS (OH))
29. Phi: PG- Flo Ruf (Germany)
32. NOK: SG- Brad Newley (Australia)
43. Uta: SG- Anthony15

During Free Agency, the Hornets were beaten out by the Bobcats for marquee free agent SF Carmelo Anthony, as they signed him to a 6 year deal, slightly outbidding the Hornets. The Hornets happily settled for Plan B, which was Andres Nocioni who was signed to a 3 year, $20M deal. Nocioni brings the tenacity that the Hornets need.

After the off-season, the Hornets had a starting lineup of Oden, West, Nocioni, Dehere & Paul. On the bench, they have JR Smith, Speedy Claxton & PJ Brown to name a few.

Retirements included Sam Cassell, Toni Kukoc, Juwan Howard & Eddie Jones to name a few. 2nd year player Vince Dehere worked on his conditioning as he came back from the off-season with a medium uncut build after playing his rookie season as with a heavy uncut build.

In other off-season news, the Cleveland Cavaliers sent 1st Round draft pick, SG Sam Anurak to the Boston Celtics for their 2006 2nd Round pick, PG Mark Moore in a deal that seems to work for both teams.

For the rookies, Negone & Skrnjug have earnt starting PF jobs for their respective clubs. 2nd year bigman Hassakis adds rebounding & sharp elbows to the Mavericks' starting lineup. The rest of the NLSC-ers seem to be 7th to 9th men & are all rotation guys, with the exception of Andrew Watson who seems like the odd man out in Portland as he finds himself starting the 07/08 season on the IR.

More off-season highlights....
Darko signs with the Bucks to a 1 year deal at league minimum & will be backing up Bogut :lol: Denver sees something in Travis Outlaw as they give him a 3 year, $11.11M deal as he becomes their starting SF to replace Melo :lol: Maurice Williams leaves Milwaukee for greener pastures (& a 4 year deal at $7.5M per year) in Toronto....this is only after the Bucks throw a 6 year, $60M contract to the feet of TJ Ford....Reece Gaines' feeble career continues, this time in Utah as he latches on with a 1 year deal at league minimum....Bulls resign Hinrich to 4 year, $36M deal....hold on The X being happy about Griffin, he was actually in hysteria as the Blazers, under new management forked over a 6 year, $50M deal to the backup forward....and you thought Nene's deal was bad :lol: Lebron James gets locked up long-term by Cavs for max dollars....Will Sit cries as the Pacers resign oft-injured forward Jon Bender to a 3 year, $25M deal that will likely keep Sit out of the starting lineup for at least another year or so....Dwayne Wade opts to only sign a 3 year deal at $12M per year....this is eerily like real life as he is leaving his options open to bolt when Shaq is long gone....the Suns resign some of their core, giving Diaw & Barbosa each 3 year deals....both great bargain contracts for the Suns....the Bucks resign Magloire to a 6 year deal at $10M per year:lol: then again, that means Bogut is the team's starting PF for the next half a decade :cry: Nets throw $19M per year at Vince Carter....that's alright & all, but by the 5th & 6th years of the deal, that could prove to be a very, very, very bad contract....Skita got a 3 year, $6.69M contract....only in Live could this happen :lol: Celtics throw $19M to MVP Paul Pierce, although at least it's only in a 4 year deal....Chris Bosh at $11M per year over 5 years....All-NBA 1st Team, the Raptors can definitely live with that....but Josh Howard at $10M per year over 6 years?!? that's not so good for the Mavs....then Cuban throws Stack a 3 year, $30M deal....heck, throw me a few mill while you're at it....Magic re-up Grant Hill for a hefty $17M for 1 year....at least it's only 1 year, he can only have 2 knee operations in that time, but still, $17 mill for Hill?!? Maybe 13 years ago....Sit might be a little happier when he realises that the Pacers sent rival C David Harrison to Boston for SG Tony Allen....Kings resign Peja, $9M per year over 4 years....real life Hornets could learn a thing or two from Live in this case....and finally, Kevin Burleson managed to secure a 4 year, $7M deal off Kevin McHale....damn, Kevin McHale is a pushover....

that was it for the 2006/07 season & the 2007 off-season....I hope you enjoy....future seasons to follow in future....

and before anyone asks, I won't be trading or signing any NLSC-ers, I'm just simming this one out as time does not permit otherwise....I hope you enjoy this non-pic, lite update....damn, this update took ages....it was only suppose to be a paragraph or two, but I got carried away :oops:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:19 am

Hey X... u gotta be jokin??? Lite update... this was fucking huge haha!!!

Anyways... loved it man and the offseason highlights was great!!! Andc u got 6 year 50m deal??? Screw me sideways... if u can make that money i deserve a 7 year 140m contract!!!! Wait for the offseason when my contract ends, i will be off to another team and leave the damn no good pacers... screw Larry Bird for re-signing Jonathan Bender... release him already Bird... u know u wanna!!

And yes, i was crying out loud... still, i gotta do it the man way... memo to mr bender, 'Im sitting in my convertable outside ur house... semi automatic in hand... loaded and ready for action...' i will use this baby on him when he walks out... thats wat i think of him coming back to indiana...

and to think i gave him my last gatorde in the playoffs cause he promised he'd leave...
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby H Rock on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:25 am

Top 10 pick, and a starting spot. Hm, better than I could have thought possible.
H Rock

Postby pHLo on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:59 am

cool update X :D

i like the developments.... but... who was picked by the blazers in the draft ??

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby Jing on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:43 am

oh man, this update is ridiculous. Me and sit, Asian takeover!
You know, I don’t even recall saying that up there, so I have no clue why I said it. In fact I had totally forgotten you had an 06 dynasty, much less knew I was in it. :lol: great update… wow
Jing

Postby Buckley on Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:10 am

nice x....good thing to see that i got drafted.

i think i have a decent chance of starting in utah.
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: StlrsRoc

Buckley

Postby Anthony15 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:25 am

43 hahaha, send me to Europe!!
Anthony15

Postby The X on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:00 am

Sit, Eddie Griffin got the $50M deal, not my guy....my guy is still on league minimum & the team's 15th man :lol: :(

will respond to the rest of comments tonight after work....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:03 am

Nice update dude, is Jing a SG? If so I might be looking at a starting postion with the Cavs maybe?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Jing on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:22 am

Mark. wrote:Nice update dude, is Jing a SG? If so I might be looking at a starting postion with the Cavs maybe?

hm... we traded away a cool asian brother for a extremely pale white kid.. i guess it had to be done cause Sam was an SG... welcome to the team Mark. time for us to destory the league
Jing

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:47 pm

haha.. hmmm my bad.. missed the griffin part.. anyways... if griffin is worht that much im worth 7 years 200m... the clubs gonna have to pay a huge excess if girffin ever od's on something lol
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:11 pm

Jing wrote:hm... we traded away a cool asian brother for a extremely pale white kid.. i guess it had to be done cause Sam was an SG... welcome to the team Mark. time for us to destory the league

Extremely pale!! come on, ive got a decent tan :D But yes its time for us to lay waste to the rest of the league
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:26 am

Hey X... have u simmed yet? Or u gonna sim before you update next...

And are u meeting the lads tonight to organise our pickup game?

All my guys said its too far ahead in time... but im sure ican get at least 5 to show up on the day...
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:01 am

Sit wrote:Hey X... u gotta be jokin??? Lite update... this was fucking huge haha!!!

Anyways... loved it man and the offseason highlights was great!!! Andc u got 6 year 50m deal??? Screw me sideways... if u can make that money i deserve a 7 year 140m contract!!!! Wait for the offseason when my contract ends, i will be off to another team and leave the damn no good pacers... screw Larry Bird for re-signing Jonathan Bender... release him already Bird... u know u wanna!!

And yes, i was crying out loud... still, i gotta do it the man way... memo to mr bender, 'Im sitting in my convertable outside ur house... semi automatic in hand... loaded and ready for action...' i will use this baby on him when he walks out... thats wat i think of him coming back to indiana...

and to think i gave him my last gatorde in the playoffs cause he promised he'd leave...

should be interesting to see if you improved on your rookie season or have just not been given the chance....it seems to happen to 2nd year guys, that they get forgotten....

H Rock wrote:Top 10 pick, and a starting spot. Hm, better than I could have thought possible.

yep, surprised me too....not the top 10 pick, but the starting PF spot....you have sent All-Rookie 1st Team member Tiago Splitter to the bench....shocking....let's see who wins the battle, H Rock or Split :cool:

pHLo wrote:cool update X :D

i like the developments.... but... who was picked by the blazers in the draft ??

cheers....as for Blazers, they drafted genome warrior, SF Rafer Rooks....Rooks is an all-around good SF & it wouldn't surprise me to see him supplant Darius Miles within the next couple of years....Rooks was a Top 10 prospect who fell into the Blazers' laps....they did well with their 2nd Round pick as Top 20 pick PF Jian Yianlian plummetted down the ranks....they must have found out his real age or something, I dunno....seems like the Blazers picked a token Chinese guy to replace the token Korean guy (Ha) that I traded away last season....

overall, great draft from Blazers, I couldn't have done better myself....

Jing wrote:oh man, this update is ridiculous. Me and sit, Asian takeover!
You know, I don’t even recall saying that up there, so I have no clue why I said it. In fact I had totally forgotten you had an 06 dynasty, much less knew I was in it. :lol: great update… wow

yep, you really gotta watch what you're smoking at UMass....memory cells don't come back, you know? :wink:

as for you & Sit, yep, you both did well to make the All-Rookie 2nd Team....I knew Sit would get in, but you were more of a surprise....

cwebbiverson wrote:nice x....good thing to see that i got drafted.

i think i have a decent chance of starting in utah.

unfortunately for you, I think Gordon Giricek is still somehow managing to hold down that starting SG spot :lol:

Anthony15 wrote:43 hahaha, send me to Europe!!

don't joke about it, it could happen....you're safe for now, but we'll see how it plays out :wink:

Mark. wrote:Nice update dude, is Jing a SG? If so I might be looking at a starting postion with the Cavs maybe?

yep, Jing is a SG so you two make up a dynamic backcourt duo off the bench....currently you are backing up Eric Snow & Jing is backing up Larry Hughes....I can't see Jing beating out Larry Hughes anytime soon, however it is surely only a matter of time before you are starting for Cavs....you are already rated a few rating points better than Snow, so who knows....I guess all you can do is wait....

Jing wrote:

hm... we traded away a cool asian brother for a extremely pale white kid.. i guess it had to be done cause Sam was an SG... welcome to the team Mark. time for us to destory the league

you've both got a chance to star in a dynasty along with Lebron James, who is resigned through until 2014 or something....

Sit wrote:haha.. hmmm my bad.. missed the griffin part.. anyways... if griffin is worht that much im worth 7 years 200m... the clubs gonna have to pay a huge excess if girffin ever od's on something lol

I think that was one of the worst signings of the off-season....sure Griffin is solid, but damn, he's not worth that....

Mark. wrote:
Jing wrote:hm... we traded away a cool asian brother for a extremely pale white kid.. i guess it had to be done cause Sam was an SG... welcome to the team Mark. time for us to destory the league

Extremely pale!! come on, ive got a decent tan :D But yes its time for us to lay waste to the rest of the league

I think Jing must have been confusing you with me....I'm the pale the one :lol:

Sit wrote:Hey X... have u simmed yet? Or u gonna sim before you update next...

And are u meeting the lads tonight to organise our pickup game?

All my guys said its too far ahead in time... but im sure ican get at least 5 to show up on the day...

yep, I've simmed up until end of 2007-08....I might update today as I'm home sick from work....would prefer to be at work than sick, but ah well....

don't know if I'll play tonight as am sick....will see how I feel later....likely scenario is me coming off bench & playing limited minutes....I'll try to play more of a coach's role, but we'll see....

all the guys are keen, they just said to let them know when a time & place is sorted....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:16 am

Aight... well, think of a good place to play and we will get cracking... u going to the ekka??? I need to see if i can hit lucky and meet Darren Lockyer lol :D

Oh yeh, hope u dont find it too boring at home sick today... (N) And how was the census? I just finished mine lol Wat a mission.. took at least 30 mins for me (N)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:24 am

Sit wrote:Aight... well, think of a good place to play and we will get cracking... u going to the ekka??? I need to see if i can hit lucky and meet Darren Lockyer lol :D

Oh yeh, hope u dont find it too boring at home sick today... (N) And how was the census? I just finished mine lol Wat a mission.. took at least 30 mins for me (N)

census was easy, didn't take me that long....not going to ekka....my mate met Darren Lockyer at his place while doing door-knocking appeals & got a $20 tip....I think he said that he lives in New Farm or Newmarket or somewhere....doesn't matter, as a five-eight, Lockyer always will make a good fullback....

and I'll be fine, I've got other forms to fill out, plus some 360 to play....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:42 am

- I got a sports quiz... can u find out who this is for me???

Ohhh... and ur mate met locky... noo lol i will go doorknocking there soon lol... im doing doorknocking this week, ur mate do it too aye??? or in the past...

Anyways... Broncos doing crap as they always do... always crap at end of seasons

well, good luck with 360 then!
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty & Franchise Hall of Fame