X's Blazers Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Jing on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:05 am

thats Angela Marino, she's pretty hot. :wink:
Jing

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:21 am

not really...

but thanks anyways... i think thats the right one lol
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby pHLo on Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 pm

Sit likes blondes, dude :P

that's why he doesn't think she's hot

in my opinion she is hot...
(...for a basketball player ;) )

but she looks so tiny with this "huge" ball

haha, once again... X's thread is a victim of spam attacks, sorry man :P

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby The X on Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:12 pm

it's all good pHLo, even when I do the right thing I get drilled with the spam :lol: but back on topic, yeah, she looks pretty hot to me too....I'd never seen or heard about her before, but maybe I'll pay more attention to the women's game now :lol:

as for my actual dynasty, an update is on its way soon....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:18 pm

Yeah shes a pretty sweet player, was pretty effective in the Commonwealth games
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:49 pm

Well, sorry for spamming up the thread... anyhow, as long as i have the right person in the sports quiz its all good... i need to win that trophy lol (Y)

And i guess she is ok for a sportwoman... -_-" not hot tho... and in the photo of her in my sports quiz... she looks like a pig...
Fresh8

Postby Jing on Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:02 pm

blah blah blah. i guess i overstated when i said hot. it should have been, she is pretty decent looking. i'd hit it. :cheeky:
Jing

Postby The X on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:30 pm

Looks like you guys get another update sooner than I expected.

2007/08

Taking control of a newly, re-tooled New Orleans team with No. 1 pick Greg Oden, things were definitely looking up for the team that finished the 2006/07 season with the 2nd worst record in the league. It was an up-and-down season which resulted in the Hornets finishing one game shy of the Western Conference playoffs. Whilst it was a big improvement over the previous season, with the team in place, the playoffs should have been achievable. I don't know how Portland ended up, however I do know that they didn't make the playoffs. Guess it hurts not having me running the show :lol:

Other notes from the regular season: Bobcats PF Robert Skrnjug had a successful season that included starting the whole season in the frontcourt next to Emeka Okafor & Carmelo Anthony. He also picked up Rookie of the Month honours in November & December 2007, as well as earning himself a starting spot on the Rookie Team. Almost on cue, Bulls PF Mark Negone also earnt himself a reserve place on the Rookie Team & Rookie of the Month honours in February & March 2008. Mavericks' C Makis Hassakis, now a starter & key member of his team, was the sole NLSC (albeit former) member of the Sophomore team, in what was an otherwise disappointing season for the NLSC Class of '06.

For the All-Stars, out East Emeka Okafor really stepped his career to the next gear as he started for the Bobcats after averaging 19.5ppg, 11.0rpg, 2.14bpg & 1.52spg. He was flanked in the frontcourt by Shaq & 2006/07 MVP Paul Pierce. The backcourt is when everything starting going zany as Ricky Davis & Jamaal Tinsley were the starting duo. I tell no lies. The rest of the Eastern team went to form, with the exception of newcomers, Eddy Curry & Al Jefferson, who both seem to be living up to their potentials.

Out West, the shocker was that Earl Boykins was the team's starting PG. Sit is gonna pee his pants I think after hearing this. Only other notable inclusion was Utah's Mehmet Okur, but that's no boilover. The boilover is that Yao didn't make the team.

The regular season awards were as follows:

MVP: PF- Kevin Garnett (Min) - 20.8ppg, 14.1rpg, 5.3apg, 2.17bpg, 1.45spg
DPOY: SF- Andrei Kirilenko (Uta) - 19.0ppg, 10.8rpg, 3.2apg, 2.07spg, 1.97bpg
ROY: C- Greg Oden (NOH) - 18.1ppg, 10.2rpg, 1.97bpg, 1.24spg
6th: C- Patrick O'Bryant (Orl) - 9.8ppg, 5.4rpg & 1.24bpg
MIP: SF- Andres Nocioni (NOH) - 18.6ppg, 10.4rpg, 1.48bpg, 1.21spg

All-NBA 1st Team:
C- Shaquille O'Neal (Mia)
PF- Kevin Garnett (Min)
SF- Tracy McGrady (Hou)
SG- Kobe Bryant (LAL)
PG- TJ Ford (Mil)

All-NBA 2nd Team:
C- Marcus Camby (Den)
PF- Elton Brand (LAC)
SF- Ron Artest (Ind)
SG- Ray Allen (Sea)
PG- Kirk Hinrich (Chi)

All-Defensive 1st Team:
C- Marcus Camby (Den)
PF- Kevin Garnett (Min)
SF- Andrei Kirilenko (Uta)
SG- Manu Ginobili (SAS)
PG- Chauncey Billups (Det)

All-Defensive 2nd Team:
C- Ben Wallace (Det)
PF- Emeka Okafor (Cha)
SF- Ron Artest (Ind)
SG- Kobe Bryant (LAL)
PG- Gilbert Arenas (Was)

All-Rookie 1st Team:
C- Greg Oden (NOH)
PF- Mark Negone (Chi)
PF- Robert Skrnjug (Cha)
PF- M. Castle
SG- A. Dehere

All-Rookie 2nd Team:
PF- Tyrus Thomas (NYK)
SG- Johnny Dumars
C- Patrick O'Bryant (Orl)
PG- E. Hawk (Bos)
C- D. Askins

The NLSC-er's stats for the regular season were as follows:

SF- Zac Mousoulis (Atl) - 2.5ppg, 1.8rpg
SG- Sam Anurak (Bos) - 2.4ppg, 1.4rpg
PF- Robert Skrnjug (Cha) - 8.2ppg, 9.3rpg, 1.52spg, 1.31bpg [Starter]
PF- Mark Negone (Chi) - 12.2ppg, 8.1rpg [Starter]
PG- Mark Moore (Cle) - 4.5ppg, 1.7apg
SG- Jing Xu (Cle) - 2.8ppg, 2.4apg
C- Makis Hassakis (Dal) - 9.8ppg, 8.4rpg, 1.55bpg [Starter]
PG- Travis Toon (Hou) - 3.1ppg, 1.0apg
C- Will Sit (Ind) - 4.7ppg, 2.6rpg
PG- Flo Ruf (Phi) - 2.6ppg
SG- Andrew Watson (Por) - DNP (NBDL)
SG- Alex Buckley (Uta) - 2.5ppg, 1.3apg
PG- Anthony15 (Uta) - 1.9ppg, 1.1apg
PG- Paul Watson (Was) - 0.7ppg, 0.6apg

For the first time since 2003/04, the Spurs & Pistons did not face off in the NBA Finals, which was good news for all fans. Even better news was that the two teams playing for the title were Phoenix & Cleveland. Amare, Marion & Nash vs James. I wonder who would come out on top. In a tough series that needed all 3 games to determine a winner, the Suns outlasted & outgunned the Cavaliers to win 2-1 & take their first ever NBA title. Steve Nash added a Finals MVP to his 2004/05 regular season MVP as he had a sublime series, averaging 26.4ppg, 8.3apg & 1.89spg. Perhaps the Cavs would've been smart to put the quick, young Mark Moore on him, but they foolishly went with the vet, slow-as-wet-weak Eric Snow, and in the end, they paid for it. PG Mark Moore (5.5ppg, 2.9apg) was strong in limited minutes, as was SG Jing Xu (3.0ppg, 2.0apg) & both would've likely been successful defending the likes of Nash, Kozlov & Barbosa. Maybe next year boys. For the Suns, it was a team effort that got the job done, but it was the guy that I mocked, '06 1st Round draftee Kozlov (15.2ppg, 3.4rpg, 3.7apg, 2.33spg) who proved doubters wrong & proved to be the difference in the end. A new reign of the NBA has begun & it involves the Cavs & the Suns. Let's see if these teams can stay at the top for years to come.

The NLSC-er's stats for the playoffs were as follows:

SF- Zac Mousoulis (Atl) - Did not make playoffs
SG- Sam Anurak (Bos) - 0.5rpg
PF- Robert Skrnjug (Cha) - 7.0ppg, 5.5rpg, 1.50bpg [Starter]
PF- Mark Negone (Chi) - Did not make playoffs
PG- Mark Moore (Cle) - 5.5ppg, 2.9apg
SG- Jing Xu (Cle) - 3.0ppg, 2.0apg
C- Makis Hassakis (Dal) - 13.2ppg, 11.4rpg, 4.0apg, 3.00bpg [Starter]
PG- Travis Toon (Hou) - 3.8ppg
C- Will Sit (Ind) - 3.7ppg, 1.7rpg
PG- Flo Ruf (Phi) - 2.0ppg
SG- Andrew Watson (Por) - Did not make playoffs
SG- Alex Buckley (Uta) - Did not make playoffs
PG- Anthony15 (Uta) - Did not make playoffs
PG- Paul Watson (Was) - Did not make playoffs

2007 OFF-SEASON

The X's luck didn't strike twice in the 2008 lottery as he settled into the No. 12 pick, as the Hornets will pick one slot behind the Blazers. Orlando, Atlanta & New York have the top 3 picks of this year's draft.

The Hornets tried to re-sign JR Smith, but couldn't agree to terms during the FA resigning period.

The Hornets drafted sweet shooting SG Badu Alford (12th overall) & North Korean C A. Hayashi (42nd overall) who somehow dropped from the 1st Round into their laps. Here's how some of the draft panned out.

1. Orl: PF- Takanori Fujita - does bit of everything, but defense & strength are his calling cards
2. Atl: PF- Mordecai Hagan - excellent potential, high flyer, does a bit of everything
3. NYK: SG- Augustine Grand - shooting, scorer, good stealer, bad defender who was projected to go in late lottery
4. Den: SG- Danny Leclair (Wake Forest) - poor shooter, defensive guard, quick, can handle rock
5. Sac: SF- Evander Everson - all-around forward, shoots 3, defends a little, solid athlete
6. Uta: PG- Kayin Fortson - shooter, playmaker, scorer, what does this mean for Buckley & Anthony15?!?
7. GSW: PG- Clarence Hobb (Cincinatti) - shooter, playmaker, scorer
8. Tor: C- N. Friedman
9. LAC: SF- Hakim Nehanda - good shooter, great def aware
10. Chi: PF- Mark Negone (Texas)
11. Por: SF- Haji Choi (Duke) - solid, does a bit of everything
12. NOH: SG-Badu Alford - shooting, scorer, combo guard
13. Was: PF- A. Mah
14. Mil: PG- Nicholas Hui (Asia) - shooter, offensive player
17. Phi: PG- Justin Gartner (Alabama) - can shoot, good defender, average speed, projected in Top 10, will compete with Flo Ruf for backup PG minutes
18. NJN: PF- Stephen Camby (Canada) - raw project with little upside, decent for size, was projected to go in top 3 but this pick indicates that he didn't warrant going that high
24. Det: PF- Zelko Stumpel (Europe) - good shotblocker, poor rebounder for size, was projected to go in Top 10 but slid all the way to the Pistons
42. NOH: C- A. Hayashi (North Korea)

During Free Agency, the Hornets failed to secure talent time & time again, losing out on JR Smith to Toronto & having quite a few offers rebuffed. Instead of just throwing their money away, the Hornets decided to add Maurice Evans as another swingman to ease the loss of JR Smith & Kirk Synder, & keep the rest of the $10M in cap space for future use.

After the off-season in which PJ Brown retired (& no, I did not retire his jersey), the Hornets had a starting lineup of Oden, Josh Boone (acquired in a deal for Brad Newley in '07/08), Nocioni, Dehere & Paul. On the bench, they have Speedy Claxton, rookie Badu Alford, as well as David West & Maurice Evans to name a few.

Retirements included Latrell Sprewell, Michael Finley, Brent Barry, Nick Van Exel, Damon Stoudamire, David Wesley, Bobby Jackson & Jalen Rose. 3rd year player Chris Paul evolved into a Playmaker Superstar during the off-season, as well as packing on an extra 6lbs of muscle onto his slight frame. Nbudi Ebi also continued to impress Hornets' coaching staff as he worked tirelessly in the off-season & appears ready to be an NBA rotation player.

In other off-season news for NLSC-ers, the Cleveland Cavaliers saw that Eric Snow was not going to get them a championship if they started him at PG, so they signed PG Mark Moore to a 2 year deal worth over $9M. This should be enough time for the Cavs to see if Moore is their PG of the future of just some flash in the pan. Washington re-upped unused PG Paul Watson (30 at this stage) to a 2 year deal worth roughly $4.5M. He'll never have to work another day in his life. As for the final NLSC free agent, SG Andrew Watson (27 at this stage) got a rude shock in free agency. He came out of a successful D-League season & was asking for a 6 year deal worth $10.01M in total. Whilst he is one of the premier pure shooters in the league, I think that was a bit too much for the Blazers, especially they gave $60M last year to Eddie Griffin. Can't really blame Watson I guess, considering the deals floating around the league. The Blazers wouldn't bite though. Watson dropped his asking price to $9.15M over 6 years, but still the Blazers didn't bite. As free agency was about to close, Watson dropped his asking price to $8.63M over 6 years. In the end, we can all breath a sign of relief as Watson got resigned by the Blazers for a 4 year deal worth $6.61M. Not what he wanted, but no chump change nonetheless. Watson got his financial security & has extended his NBA career until he's in his 30's. I guess he figures it's his one chance to cash in & ride the pine into his early 30's.

In other off-season news, the Miami Heat sent former 1st Round draft pick, PF Shelden Williams to the Utah Jazz for their 2007 2nd Round pick, PG Anthony15. The Heat were slim at PG with Jason Williams' defection & had a plethora of options at PF. Still, this deal suggests that Anthony15's talent was better than what his selection indicated. The starting PG is his spot to lose. Not a bad job starting next to Dwayne Wade, where he makes everyone look good.

Looking towards the 2008/09 season for the NLSC-ers, Negone, Skrnjug & Hassakis retain their starting roles with their respective teams. Some new starters include Miami's Anthony15, Cleveland's Mark Moore (who finally dethrones Eric Snow) & Indiana's Will Sit who must have broken what is left of Jonathon Bender's fragile knees. The rest of the guys are slowly moving up the rosters & most figure to be key bench players for their teams this coming season.

More off-season highlights....
the Darko fiasco continues as he shops his ass around the league & has interest from the Lakers, Spurs & Rockets. However, none are prepared to pay him the 4 year, $7.07M deal he asks. In the end, he limps back to the Bucks who reward him by giving him over $1M more than he wanted with a 4 year, $8.02M deal....the Bucks are crazy I tell you....we can't talk about Milwaukee & not mention SG Reece Gaines who has somehow stayed in the league for yet another year as he has once again signed with the Bucks to a 1 year deal at league minimum....I'm interested to see how long he can stick in the league with this strategy....did I mention that JR Smith wanted 5 year, $35M deal so that's what I eventually offered him, only to see the Raptors overpay him & give him a 5 year, $41.6M deal, go figure....back to the Bucks, they signed Oberto....I wonder how many international bigmen that this team can get....I'm predicting one from each continent....money, money, money: Iggy gets 5 years at almost $11M per year, Artest does one better, 5 years at $12.5M per year....chances are that Chauncey Billups is happy with his 3 year, $37.31M deal, I would be....Devin Harris is locked up with the Mavs for the next 5 years at $8M per year....damn, I wish this game had luxury tax as Cuban would suffer, not that it ever bothers him, but still....Pavel gets 6 year, $12.74M deal to be the team's 15th man (seriously, that's what he is)....Ben Gordon, 4 years at $43M....ho hum....Loul Deng getting $8M per year over next 6 years....hey Sit, your Lakers resigned Kwame to a 1 year, $7.29M deal....I knew you'd be happy about that....they also re-upped Sasha Vujacic to a 3 year, $9.33M deal....those Lakers are going places I tell you....Nowitzki, $18M per over 3 years....Telfair is worth $53M over 6 years to the Blazers....that would've never happened under my reign of terror....& since when is Antawn Jamison worth $17M per year, you tell me?!? Shawn Livingstone is a Clipper through 2011 with a deal that pays him about $7.5M per....Sit's whipping boy David Harrison got rewarded with a 3 year, $10.84M deal by the Celtics....wonder what Sit will be in for....Earl Boykins made the All-Star team, yet he is still only worth $6.5M per year & the Nuggets weren't going to give him anything longer than a 2 year deal....poor Earl....Josh Childress re-upped for $8M per over 6 years....who gets more, Meka or Dwight Howard?!? much like the draft, Howard nips Meka by securing a 5 year deal worth $11M per, which is about $500k per year more than Meka will see....Raptors were thinking big when they signed Tractor Traylor to a 5 year, $18.63M deal....Gerald Wallace got a 6 year, $68.37M deal, but he's still only Melo's backup....

that was it for the 2007/08 season & the 2008 off-season....I hope you enjoy....future seasons to follow when I get time....

if anyone wants to know, I updated page 1 of the thread to adjust the NLSC Hall of Fame. Will adjust it as I go along.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:36 pm

Nice update once again.. Eboy is a champ good to hear he kncoked off Dre hahaha

And yesh... its time for me to show that im the next Hakeem in Indiana... the final piece of the puzzle is starting and I will take the pacers to glory (Y) I told u i would shoot Bender in the knees...

and good to hear that my lakers are doing well... however... can u look into the possibility of trading me to LA pelase??? thanks!
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:04 pm

Finally im starting, hopefully I can stand the pressure, shouldn't be too bad with Bron and Jing helping me out.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:21 pm

Sit wrote:Nice update once again.. Eboy is a champ good to hear he kncoked off Dre hahaha

And yesh... its time for me to show that im the next Hakeem in Indiana... the final piece of the puzzle is starting and I will take the pacers to glory (Y) I told u i would shoot Bender in the knees...

and good to hear that my lakers are doing well... however... can u look into the possibility of trading me to LA pelase??? thanks!

I'm liking how it's panning out, so trading is unlikely....your virtual self can control his own career :wink: and besides, Andrew Bynum is now the Lakers' starting centre....you don't want to get in the way of that do you? :wink:

Mark. wrote:Finally im starting, hopefully I can stand the pressure, shouldn't be too bad with Bron and Jing helping me out.

yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine....although, if the team doesn't return to the Finals, you might get the blame :twisted:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:27 pm

My guy is a beast. I'll only improve. 8-)
Jugs

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:28 pm

Ahh... no MJ heroics i see in ur sig :P I know wat u mean by the flu... i remember 2 years back i had a bad virus... me being the vocal dude on the court tried to shout but no voice came out... after 10 minutes, i could feel my throat all dry and like im bout to choke...

Anyways, better luck next wednesday!
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:39 pm

Jugs wrote:My guy is a beast. I'll only improve. 8-)

possibly, or maybe not....early success can often stunts a player's growth as they stop working on their games :wink:

Sit wrote:Ahh... no MJ heroics i see in ur sig :P I know wat u mean by the flu... i remember 2 years back i had a bad virus... me being the vocal dude on the court tried to shout but no voice came out... after 10 minutes, i could feel my throat all dry and like im bout to choke...

Anyways, better luck next wednesday!

it was one of my better games defensively....the player I chose to mark up with in 4th quarter didn't get any points or offensive boards....I shut him down....I knew he couldn't shoot but was useful inside....he could have the outside shot if he wanted it, but once he came inside, I was denying ball, keeping hands active, playing angles....I was happy with my defense :cool: I also scored a quick 8pts in the 1st 5 minutes I was on the court, but didn't score after that....didn't have a huge amount of shots or offensive touches in the game either....but yeah, was a game we should've won....as for next week, we've got a bye....as for the flu, yeah, by the end of it, after playing the entire 4th quarter, I had nothing left....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:49 pm

I woudlnt be surprised if u didnt have much left at halftime :P As u can see, i have a vague idea of ur fitness level lol and if u went all out in half 1... u would be dead at halftime..

good to hear u went at it at defence lol (Y) Its great... we need lots more defenders around here... i hate playing games where other teams just play zones and noone really plays defence...

maybe its cause i cant get past zones that well lol... i really need other players to cut so i can do well against it, sadly, my team doesnt do that... wat bout u?
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:09 pm

yep, they don't cut either....fundamental player movement....there was more today as we had a former rep player ring-in....he didn't exert himself too much but you can just see the difference in understanding of someone who knows the game a bit better....

given the flu, I was alright in the 1st quarter, but buggered by half-time & got progressively worse, but I played whole 4th quarter to try & get win....we had our chances, but yeah....heck, we scored more points in the 1st quarter than we did in the whole 2nd half (N) but yeah, even though my fitness is mediocre, I can still normally play more than a half before being dead :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Anthony15 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:06 am

(y) nice i'm a pg in Miami now! In rea life im not a good ballhandler so no way im playin pg :P btw, shud i send u my c-face (since im a starter now)?
Anthony15

Postby Jing on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:19 am

soooo much.... writing......

sucks we lost in the finals... fuckin damn canadian.
Jing

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:29 pm

Yeh man, I hate when teammates dont pass cut or replace... things we learn when we start to play the game... i try telling them, they say they understand yet they dont do it. wats worse is this guy who tells us to do it but he doesnt do it himself and he never passes to the cutter but always to someone whops got a double team or something... :x
Fresh8

Postby The X on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:15 pm

Anthony15, don't worry....although you can if you want....

yep Jing, if there is a way that I can cut it down, where something isn't needed, let me know....

and Sit, yep, seems like we have the same problem....one of my pet hates is someone telling the other guys not to do something & then they do it themselves :x
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby H Rock on Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:03 am

I can't believe that Oden stole my ROY. I must have finished second in voting then. 8-) Hopefully those stats mean some big money down the road.
H Rock

Postby The X on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:24 pm

H Rock wrote:I can't believe that Oden stole my ROY. I must have finished second in voting then. 8-) Hopefully those stats mean some big money down the road.

dude, you weren't even close to Oden :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:32 pm

bumping one of my own....this was my Live '06 dynasty....this one is sadly over as I did full reformat of computer....this one didn't quite go where I wanted it to, but ahh well, shit happens.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 am

It really is a shame that this one ended right before your team got to finally play in the playoffs. I feel the same way as I did a year and a half ago posting in this topic.

Hopefully you make another Live dynasty someday. There aren't very many dynasty makers that even come close to the caliber of your generation. (i.e. Live 2005 and 06)
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Lamrock93 wrote:It really is a shame that this one ended right before your team got to finally play in the playoffs. I feel the same way as I did a year and a half ago posting in this topic.

Hopefully you make another Live dynasty someday. There aren't very many dynasty makers that even come close to the caliber of your generation. (i.e. Live 2005 and 06)

The X wrote:2006/07

As some of you might know, I had Portland advancing to playoffs with No. 3 seed courtesy of a weak Northwest Division, whereby they would be playing Phoenix in the 1st Round. I simmed out the playoffs and Phoenix swept Portland 2-0 & moved all the way to the Western Conference Finals, where they were beaten by eventual champions, San Antonio 2-1. The Spurs once again beat out the Pistons for the 3rd straight season, capping a heroic 3-peat, especially considering Duncan (8.0ppg, 12.6rpg, 3.0apg, 2.25bpg & 1.25spg) was a shell of his former self as he missed most of the playoffs. Fortunately for the Spurs, the international backcourt of Ginobili (Finals MVP - 26.3ppg, 4.6rpg, 7.6apg & 2.00spg) & Parker (21.4ppg, 5.2rpg, 7.3apg & 1.67spg) was once again too much for the Pistons to stop.

you see, Portland did make the playoffs....and I did make playoffs in my Bobcats' dynasty in the 3rd season I believe....

thanks for the kind words....unfortunately EA let me & a lot of other gamers around....plus I saw some actions from some of the mods against some other dynasty threads that I didn't like, so I vowed from that time never to post another Live dynasty....these things take a lot of time to do & to see what happened to see some of them was a bit of a slap in the face IMHO....I may yet start another dynasty story, but most likely a college bball one....unfortunately time isn't at a premium like it use to be....when I did my Live '05 Bobcats' dynasty (my favourite one), I was single, working, study free....now I'm engaged, working, studying, playing bball IRL for the Fighting Irish, the team that I created (we're 2-1 & I'm averaging 18.5ppg so far this season)....jerseys are shown below....

The X wrote:Fighting Irish jerseys finally arrived, check them out :P

ImageImage

as for this dynasty, it's in limbo at the moment....I have a big exam 4 weeks from today & haven't done the work I needed to....if I fail it, it's $1,000 down the drain, so I don't plan too....I've finished rating all the 2007 Draft Class prospects, although I have no real desire to make updates at the moment....what I might do is play on with the dynasty & just have random recaps to fill people in....I'll also probably be getting an XBox 360 & NBA2k6 (which I've heard is great) so I'll most likely start up a dynasty on that....would like to keep this one going, just more like Honor Glow's 2004 Lakers' dynasty....

cheers, & let me know what you think of the 'Fighting Irish' jerseys :cool:

I failed that exam too :cry: that was first subject at any level (school, high school, undergraduate studies, postgraduate studies) that I'd ever failed....shows the CA (Chartered Accountants) exams aren't easy....I did pass it 2nd time around, but scraped through on 50%....I had an exam this past Tuesday, but I think I'll get through that one first time around....

thanks for bumping this thread btw....I got a good laugh & smile out of the below post:

The X wrote:Looks like you guys get another update sooner than I expected.

2007/08

The NLSC-er's stats for the regular season were as follows:

SF- Zac Mousoulis (Atl) - 2.5ppg, 1.8rpg
SG- Sam Anurak (Bos) - 2.4ppg, 1.4rpg
PF- Robert Skrnjug (Cha) - 8.2ppg, 9.3rpg, 1.52spg, 1.31bpg [Starter]
PF- Mark Negone (Chi) - 12.2ppg, 8.1rpg [Starter]
PG- Mark Moore (Cle) - 4.5ppg, 1.7apg
SG- Jing Xu (Cle) - 2.8ppg, 2.4apg
C- Makis Hassakis (Dal) - 9.8ppg, 8.4rpg, 1.55bpg [Starter]
PG- Travis Toon (Hou) - 3.1ppg, 1.0apg
C- Will Sit (Ind) - 4.7ppg, 2.6rpg
PG- Flo Ruf (Phi) - 2.6ppg
SG- Andrew Watson (Por) - DNP (NBDL)
SG- Alex Buckley (Uta) - 2.5ppg, 1.3apg
PG- Anthony15 (Uta) - 1.9ppg, 1.1apg
PG- Paul Watson (Was) - 0.7ppg, 0.6apg

2007 OFF-SEASON
In other off-season news for NLSC-ers, the Cleveland Cavaliers saw that Eric Snow was not going to get them a championship if they started him at PG, so they signed PG Mark Moore to a 2 year deal worth over $9M. This should be enough time for the Cavs to see if Moore is their PG of the future of just some flash in the pan. Washington re-upped unused PG Paul Watson (30 at this stage) to a 2 year deal worth roughly $4.5M. He'll never have to work another day in his life. As for the final NLSC free agent, SG Andrew Watson (27 at this stage) got a rude shock in free agency. He came out of a successful D-League season & was asking for a 6 year deal worth $10.01M in total. Whilst he is one of the premier pure shooters in the league, I think that was a bit too much for the Blazers, especially they gave $60M last year to Eddie Griffin. Can't really blame Watson I guess, considering the deals floating around the league. The Blazers wouldn't bite though. Watson dropped his asking price to $9.15M over 6 years, but still the Blazers didn't bite. As free agency was about to close, Watson dropped his asking price to $8.63M over 6 years. In the end, we can all breath a sign of relief as Watson got resigned by the Blazers for a 4 year deal worth $6.61M. Not what he wanted, but no chump change nonetheless. Watson got his financial security & has extended his NBA career until he's in his 30's. I guess he figures it's his one chance to cash in & ride the pine into his early 30's.

:lol: gold....if only :o
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame