Jxuusa: Suggestions? Last Page. (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Cloudy on Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:23 am

Damn...Okafor ain't that good! Defense!!?? :x :lol:
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Jing on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:37 am

Last edited by Jing on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jing

Postby BOSS on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:38 am

Damn look at Boguts numbers. I havent used him in the game yet but iz he that good ? Nice numbers by Diaw off the bench. Keep it up B.
BOSS

Postby Jing on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:49 am

Kobe101 wrote:Dang! Okafor tryed to win but it didnt work. Love the pics and plenty of them! (Y)

yeah... unstopable, he was just doing about everthing

nbalive744 wrote:Nice win, Keep it up! 4-0 you are off to a very good start (Y)

Oh yeah, very suprising i though i was gonna be like 0-4 or something considering how bad the jazz were.

Cloudy wrote:Damn...Okafor ain't that good! Defense!!?? :x :lol:

ah well you know, he is a power superstar, and he kinda went crazy on me with those dunks, espically the ones where he goes over you and you can't do anything about them.

Initial D wrote: Damn look at Boguts numbers. I havent used him in the game yet but iz he that good ? Nice numbers by Diaw off the bench. Keep it up B.

thanks man, and i dunno about bogut, he's only like a 74 or something, but he is always in the right place at the right time i guess, but he does get dunked on a lot. and oh yeah, Diaw is a find.
Jing

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:15 am

Alot of good writing in the dynasty, didn't know you had those writing skills :P Pretty how scoring game against the Bobcats, but you still won and it was a good game.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby [C][B]#4 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:11 am

That's a hell of a game from Bogut. Holy Shit :shock: That's lk Garnett numbers..and good recap and good win (Y)
[C][B]#4

Postby rikson on Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:55 pm

Nice win man. What a game by Okafor - he rocks! Are your games always that close?

Keep on the good work...
--- the Hawks Dynasty ---
rikson

Postby cocobee on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:53 pm

High scoring game..Okafor 54pts, 22boards for the night. Damn man! That's just amazing! (Y) But it looks like Bogut had a solid game for you.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:36 pm

Meka owns! (Y) Nice work
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Devin112 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:15 pm

Great coverage J, your Bogut trade really worked out for you. Good job on offense but what's up with allowing 129 points???? just kidding, sometimes both teams are just on fire and take it down to the wire. Those games are always fun to play.
Devin112

Postby Jing on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:29 pm

SbHzMaFiA© wrote:Alot of good writing in the dynasty, didn't know you had those writing skills :P Pretty how scoring game against the Bobcats, but you still won and it was a good game.

yep, them writing classes came in handy. come on ya'll i aint even american and i write your language better than you do! lol. :lol: :twisted:

[C]#4 wrote:That's a hell of a game from Bogut. Holy Shit :shock: That's lk Garnett numbers..and good recap and good win (Y)

Man, Bogut was really worth #1 pick wasnt he. now imagine if emeka averaged that everygame...

rikson wrote:Nice win man. What a game by Okafor - [b]he rocks! Are your games always that close?

Keep on the good work...

yeah thanks, emeka and that dude brevin knight made it tough....
and usually not so close, still high scoring. its been like the last 2 games that have been close, maybe too close?

cocobee wrote:High scoring game..Okafor 54pts, 22boards for the night. Damn man! That's just amazing! But it looks like Bogut had a solid game for you.

Oh yeah, no kidding, really need to find a way to tone it down, maybe will take quarters down from 10 to 8, or sim to half and play from there or something, will see. Thanks for the comments, espically from the best... and Bogut... the bucks are probably crying right now.

Sit wrote:Meka owns! (Y) Nice work

he's the man (Besides Yao and anyone on my team), should I try to pick him up? i dunno cause I already have Bogut, so probably not, but in the future.

Devin112 wrote:Great coverage J, your Bogut trade really worked out for you. Good job on offense but what's up with allowing 129 points???? just kidding, sometimes both teams are just on fire and take it down to the wire. Those games are always fun to play.

Yeah, its all about bogut, but haha, all those points? just can't play defense... no, its cause of all the offensive boards that the computer manages to get it think. it will change for the next game. also i'll try the lighting cause it seems to look pretty good in yours. and if it doesn't work out then I will switch back.

and i think I should be able to play the next game within the next 2 days. Today of course I have cmpsci midterm, reviewed from morning to 1 in the morning,. oh yeah, i am prepared :wink:

later guys.
Jing

Postby Jing on Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:22 am

well... i was prepared... until man....god that test was ungodly hard... easy my ass! our teacher and his test is making bush look like a furry pink bunny rabbit.

well, wont get grades higher by grieving about it, will have to work harder on it....
Jing

Postby Jing on Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:23 pm

BLOWOUT IN JERSEY

UTAH JAZZ: 96
NEW JERSEY NETS: 65

November 9, 2005: East Rutherford, NJ – Both teams came into the game with records of 4 – 0, but the Jazz complete dismantled the New Jersey nets in every aspect of the game, leaving the stadium with 96 – 65 crushing of the Nets.

The beginning of the game was fairly even as both teams traded baskets and had a 4 – 4 tie, but that was the closest the Nets would get. The teams traded baskets again and again, until about two minutes left in the period, when Utah went on a 6 – 2 run and took the quarter 20 – 12.

The second quarter was much of the same as the last minutes of the first quarter, with the Jazz thwaring the Nets on defense, and then converting on the Net’s mistakes on defense. This quarter was the low of the game, with the Nets managing only 8 points on 4-17 shooting and failed to keep Andrew Bogut in rein. Bogut had 10 points and 11 rebounds by the end of the second half. Vince Carter was the leading points man for the Nets with 12 points, but zero rebounds. The Jazz took the half 42 – 24.

The third quarter seemed to turn around for the Nets as they slowly started crawling back, tying the Jazz in scoring with 21. Vince Carter stepped up and delivered some big plays, such as a reverse dunk between Okur and Bogut, as well had hitting teammates in stride but buckets. Bogut again was huge for the Jazz, scoring 12 points in the quarter and grabbing 4 more boards and dished out 4 assists. Vince Carter continued to lead the Nets and the game with 28 points.

The last quarter saw more of the same as the third quarter, with the Nets crawling back behind the play of Jason Kidd and Vince Carter, but the other end, Boris Diaw came up with some crucial dunks to end Nets runs, and the Nets never really had another chance. Final score 96 – 65 Jazz. Andrew Bogut was named the player of the game with 27 points and 21 rebounds. The Jazz improved to 5 – 0 while the Nets drop their first game and fall to 4 – 1.

Game Note: I didn’t play this game, I simply left the controller in the center and let the computers battle it out with each other, you can imagine how surprised at the score. I just paused the game once in a while to take screens, otherwise I was just letting the game play itself while I did Psychology Review Sheet. So yeah… wow, what a game by the Jazz.

Pictures from the game
Opening Screen
AK-47 With The Putback Dunk…
…And “Hanging” On The Rim Afterwards
Bogut With The Left-Handed Dunk Between Carter And Jefferson
Bogut Bogut With The Hook Over Robinson
Jarron Collins Blocks His Twin Brother Jason
Collins With The Nifty Up-n-Under Layup
Boris Diaw Getting Between Kristic and Carter
Diaw Is Fouled As He Takes It Against Richard Jefferson
Diaw With An Ally-Hoop Dunk Over Kristic
Diaw Colliding In Midair With Robinson
Air Jersey About To Unleash A Huge Dunk
Kris Humphries Deflects The Inbounds Pass
Keith McLeod Putting It Up For Grabs
Carter With A Windmill Jam Between Bogut and Okur
As He Goes Up For A Shot, Okur Knees Kristic In The Neck
Carter Getting Some Air And Hangtime
Williams “Raped” (as Jugs would say) By Jefferson
Williams Called For A Foul While Guarding Kidd
Final Scores and Stats
Jing

Postby killer_cr0ss0ver on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:57 pm

wow what a win... (Y) its like watching nba games... :mrgreen:
killer_cr0ss0ver

Postby The X on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:40 am

now that's the score I like to see....what did you do differently to get that outcome?!?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jing on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:08 am

killer_cr0ss0ver wrote:wow what a win... (Y) its like watching nba games... :mrgreen:

lol. yeah. crazy game, though i'd be destoryed, but watching as it unfolded... wow...

The X wrote:now that's the score I like to see....what did you do differently to get that outcome?!?

lol. yeah, finally got under 100...
and lets see, what did I changed? I lowed the minutes from 10 minutes to 8, and lowered game speed down to the low 30's... can't remember which.
otherwise everything was about the same.
it was just really suprising to see what happenend, never expected this. NJ just had a really tough time getting the ball into the hoop.... kinda like AK, he attempted 10 3's and made just 1.... sad.
Jing

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:11 am

Nice win man... nice pics too (Y)
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby nbalive744 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:43 am

Nice coverage, nice win too, keep it up! (Y)
Click on the Sig for my PS Thread, Thanks Colin
New York Knicks Announcer during a Free Throw Attempt wrote:And you see the fans waving those thundersticks, they only work if you can't shoot
nbalive744

Postby Jing on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:51 am

Thierry Henry wrote:Nice win man... nice pics too (Y)

thx, and expect another game up tonight, if not, you call me hateful names.

nbalive744 wrote:Nice coverage, nice win too, keep it up (Y)

yeah thanks dude, i will.
Jing

Postby Jing on Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:48 am

JAZZ IS NBA’S HOTTEST TEAM

UTAH JAZZ: 107
TORONTO RAPTORS: 84

November 11, 2005: Toronto, ON, Canada – The Jazz came in the favorite this game and did not disappoint. Mehmet Okur really showed why the Jazz continue to have faith in him and keep him in the starting rotation by scoring 24 points and grabbing 11 rebounds, and rookie Andrew Bogut was as always, spectacular; Bogut recorded 24 points and 12 rebounds and was named player of the game.

Toronto rookie forward Charlie Villanueva came into the game and provided some tough defense and to play in place of Chris Bosh, who was taken out for most off the game with foul trouble. Re-aquired guard Rafer Alston played decently, but not good enough to help his team as the Jazz went on runs after runs to widen the gap.

Near the end of the first quarter staring point guard and rookie Deron Williams collided with Jalen Rose as Rose went in for a dunk and came down limping, he was replaced with Keith McLeod.
Image Image

McLeod made the most of his playing time with 16 points in 18 minutes of playing time. Boris Diaw played point guard for all the time that McLeod wasn’t in the game and scored 11 points in 26 minutes of play while Gordon Giricek had 10 points in 10 minutes. The shooting of Andrei Kirienko has not been good and it seems like he has been in a slump, this game only scoring 14 points.

The Raptors duo Morris Peterson and Jalen Rose were on fire, with Rose scoring 22 points while Peterson putting in 24. They were the bright spots for the Raptors but even their efforts were not enough. The Raptors drew the gap to single digits before falling apart and letting the Jazz run off with the victory. Final score 107 – 84.

Game Notes:Played the first quarter… yeah I got Deron injured, but then backed out of the game and let the computers play. Seems like this team doesn’t look like much on paper, but when they actually play, they are pretty good.
And I really am pushing my laptop and graphics card now... put it on the highest possible setting without it not working... I think like 1280 by something, looks so much better now

Injury Update:

Pictures from the Game
Opening Screen
Bogut With The Tip Over Bosh
Charlie (Wearing the Wrong Number) Dunking With Authority
Mo Pete Getting By Bogut
Bogut Blocks Peterson
Diaw, Okur, and Bogut Mob Peterson
Rafael Araujo Pushes Diaw To The Ground
Boris Diaw With The Push Shot
Giricek Kneeing and Dunking On Peterson
”Voodoo” Bosh With A Funny Looking Shot
Okur Takes It Up Against Okur
Okur Hanging On The Rim After Dunking
Okur Ownes Alston
Jason Collier....?
Jing

Postby Jing on Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:12 am

JAZZ AQUIRE TWO POINT GUARDS

November 12, 2005: Salt Lake City, UT – The head of the Utah Jazz organization have announced today that they have acquired 2 new point guards today, mainly due to the reason of point guard Deron Williams. Williams sustained a toe injury and though was allowed to play by doctors, was not allowed to play by the team staff. The team doctors decided that Deron should not play until he is 100% healed, they did not want to run the risk of re-injuring the toe and having him out for even longer.

First the Jazz signed free agent point guard Yuta Tabuse, a 5’9 point guard who played with the Suns and Clippers before they released them, terms of the contract were not disclosed. “Yuta adds lateral quickness and a whole new ball of energy to the team,” said one executive of the acquirement.

The other move was the trade of Keith McLeod for guard Jeff McInnis of the Cleveland Cavs. Again not much information was released except for the fact that McInnis was worth less than McLeod, but was a better player in terms of shooting. With the recent injury of Deron Williams, who was forbidden by team doctors to play until he was 100%, Jeff McInnis will most likely start, with Tabuse backing him up.

Image Image

Practice Pictures:
Jeff McInnis With The Layup
McInnis From Downtown
Yuta Tabuse Drives To The Basket
Yuta With The Three
Jing

Postby The X on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:42 pm

the McInnis pickup is a nice move and should help....Tabuse adds a bit of insurance so that's also a good move (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby BOSS on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:43 pm

YE

AZN INVAZN !

Yuta Tabuse is cool. Good signing McInnis too.
BOSS

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:51 pm

My friend Xu... with the NLSC mod, sorry i haven't done anything but I got a bit of work. In a few weeks we can start with it again if you wanna continue with it.

Nice work with the dynasty btw
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Heiks on Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:52 pm

It's a pitty that Deron got injured, well atleast nice job bringing McInnis in! And Yuta. :lol:
Give respect, get respect.
Heiks

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame