The San Antonio Stallions (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Null17 on Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:34 pm

I would've wanted the original game I played though. It was more fun and exciting. It also had a better story to tell. I mean, Zaza Pachulia saved the Hawks by sinking a shot from the top of the key at the end of the 4th to tie the game. Fortunately, I managed to beat them after 2 overtimes losing would be more humiliating :lol: Too bad about the crash though
Null17

Postby Jugs on Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:50 pm

I would've still liked the San Antonio team to be stilled known as the Spurs... but hey, they're having the same success as the Spurs so i'll let the Stallions be

hehe, good win against the HAwks
Jugs

Postby Keo on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:16 pm

Looks great as always null. The stats are also very realistic. Hopefully Manu and TP will get better soon. Good luck in the future.
Keo

Postby Null17 on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:20 pm

Manu's fine. TP was the one who really got injured

And Jugs, I'm not really a fan of the Stallions name either. I just changed the name for the sake of changing it and the logo. I wa bored. :lol:
Null17

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:49 pm

Null17 wrote:Anyway, HG, I kinda get what you want but I'm a little hazy on the details. Like which part of that do I actually make? Just the images or the code for the whole page as well? I'm gonna have to think of a new name for it though :lol: I want the Stallion Vision to be exclusively an ESPN Motion type of thing :lol:

Yeh I didn't want to rip off Stallion Vision, I just needed some type of pizzaz to the layout that I have...I suck at web design, sincerely. So it wouldn't be the code at all just the visual aspect of the module.

...eventually every GM would have their own Dynasty module...and hopefully look cool.

What I'd suggest is basically bring up that link, do a screen shot of it and throw some of your 'magic' and see what we come up with. Then I could see if some parts are logicistically possible and other parts where we'd have to go back and forth to make it work...thanks for being interested!
HonorGlow

Postby Null17 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:28 pm

Sounds good. I'll do it when I get the time (Y)

also, I just want to share something that I got from the Rockets game that will be posted later....I call this "Inside the mind of one, Nazr Mohammed" :P yes, I'm bored

Null17

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:53 pm

ummm... right. Wat;s in his mind then?
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Null17 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:59 pm

can't you see it? that's the face of fear :twisted:

hehe...was gonna take a screen of a Manu dunk but then the camera stopped where Nazr's head was clipped. Just thought I'd take a screen :P

That's actually his face as seen from the inside of his head. Not his face attached to the back of his head
Null17

Postby Null17 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:02 pm

The streak continues for the Stallions

San Antonio, TX - With Tony Parker out with a calf injury, things didn't seem right with the hometown Stallions. Nick Van Exel was having a hard time on the offensive end. His shots weren't going in and he couldn't get the plays going.

Even so, the Stallions were still in the running. After the first quarter, they were only down by two. Duncan and Ginobili were getting their shots in.

By the end of the half though, the fans in the SBC center were going wild as the Stallions were slowly building up a great lead. Come fourth quarter, the Rockets lost all hope as the Stallions were iving the performance of their lives with a great scoring barrage dropping a total of 38 points. Notably, bench players Robert Horry, Brent Barry and Beno Udrih had a great scoring night with less than 15 mins of play each. Horry had 9 points, Barry had 14 and udrih had 11.

On the Rockets side, David Wesley and Jon Barry also had similar performances with 11 and 10 points respectively.

Tim Duncan was named the player of the game by getting 22 points and 9 rebounds. Other noteworthy performances was Manu Ginobili's 23 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists, Tracy McGrady's 23 points and 7 offensive rebounds as well as Yao Ming's 18 points and 9 rebounds.

The Stallions will be facing the the Phoenix Suns the day after tomorrow and is said to be looking at the free agent market because of Tony Parker's injury.

Player of the Game
Tim Duncan | 22pts 9rebs 0asts 0stls 1blks

Boxscores
Rockets Boxscore
Stallions Boxscore

More pictures
Finley checks to see if the rim is clean...and finishes an alleyoop afterwards
Manu dunks over T-Mac and Juwan Howard
TD dunks past Howard and DA
T-Mac goes for a baseline drive
Sean Marks grabs his first rebound of the season
Bowen on Bowen
Barry on Barry
Marks makes the most out of his limited playing time
Null17

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:58 pm

Good job on the win even without your best playmaker. I don't think you need to sign another point guard because you already have Van Exel, Udrih and Barry. Even if you do sign a point guard, I hope it's a good one.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Null17 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:10 pm

It's no big deal really. It's more of signing a guy with a minimum contract in case someone gets bitten with the injury bug. Kinda like what the Spurs did signing two no name guys after Finley and Barry were injured. Plus this guy I'm getting seems to be pretty popular with the people here :lol: so it's more of a novelty really. :lol:
Null17

Postby Jing on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:30 am

hey 18 and 9, exactly what yao is getting in real life so far

nice comeback win man, its pretty interesting to have the barrys against each other, kinda like in mine with the collinses.
Jing

Postby Null17 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:36 am

Don't forget the Bowens :lol:

Where are all the Sean Marks fans? He finally got to play in a real game for God's sake :lol:
Null17

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:43 am

Wow great win man (Y) And nice that Marks finally played :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Waves (2019), Sunset Boulevard (1950), Renfield (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:06 am

I saw Marks' name and I came straight away! (Y) But yes... I think The X will be estatic!!!!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby [C][B]#4 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:55 am

good win Null17. Marks actually got playing time!! 3 minutes, not bad. A dunk to cherish those 3 priceless minutes from Sean Marks.. :lol:
[C][B]#4

Postby Null17 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:02 pm

Ha! I knew putting Marks on the title would get more attention :lol: 3 mins was ok considering I didn't play my bench that much in that game. Bowen only got 4 mins in.
Null17

Postby Mark. on Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:14 pm

Whooooo!! Marks in the house, hes a dunker i tell ya, put down some good ones in the olympics, lol just wait till you see Ed Book dunk :D
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Null17 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:23 pm

Stallions add oriental flavor to an already diverse roster

San Antonio, TX - In response to Tony Parker's calf injury sustained in the game against the Atlanta Hawks, the Stallions looked to the free agent market to add an extra point guard to their already talented roster. Who did they get? Japanese point guard Yuta Tabuse.

Tabuse is the first NBA Player to ever come out of Japan and went to college at BYU-Hawaii. He went undrafted but has been on the Nuggets and Suns among other teams but has seen limited or no playing time during the regular season. He averaged 1.8 ppg and 1rpg while playing with the Suns.

He was offered a one year minimum contract. This move was said to be made to add more depth to an already deep roster.

"He'll mostly stay on the IR list once Tony [Parker] gets back from his injury. But even so, he'll be a good guy to have on the team. He's pretty likeable in the locker room and he can be a solid third string guard if someone on the active roster gets bitten with the injury bug. He's pretty feisty for a little guy. His shooting can use some work but he can use his speed and ballhandling to his advantage." says head coach Gregg Popovich.

Tabuse was immediately flew to San Antonio and was placed in the active roster replacing Sean Marks who just played one game since. HE will suit up for the Stallions' game agains the Phoenix Suns and will be alternating with Sean Marks as the 12th man on the active roster while Tony Parker is still nursing his injury.

Null17

Postby Its_asdf on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:00 pm

His hair looks kind of blocky, but I guess he goes well with the international flavour of the Spurs. (Y)
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Null17 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:34 pm

That's how EA made him. Can't do anything about that. Even his face looks different
Null17

Postby Jing on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:13 am

perfect. you signed tabuse too!
he's frickin fast. :)
and i use him to abuse people :mrgreen:
Jing

Postby Null17 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:38 am

i just signed him for the sake of it...he kinda sucks though. I mean he's pretty fast and I can drive with him pretty well but his shots keep missing. Even the layups someimes
Null17

Postby Jing on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:59 am

thats cause he's so short and has to shoot the balls a long way, and half the times he gets swatted. but when he's in i just run down and get by everyone and then when he gets into the lane, everyone gets on him and i just dish it out. its pretty effective.
but like arunak said, azn revolution. XD
Jing

Postby LegoTP on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:16 am

Haha nice sign, hope he'll play a bit. :P
Thanks to : c0nr4d for the sig
LegoTP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame