Bless my palm with SILVER baby..<Summer break...>

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:11 pm

NBA 06 PLAYOFFS:

Here is the playoff tree for the first round:

Image Image

You can start predicting again... th epoint system is the exact same as it was last year for the 1st round, and the winner will become the only NLSC rookie in the 07 draft class...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby The X on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:42 pm

X's predictions:

West
Twolves beat Blazers 4-2
Mavs beat Kings 4-3
Suns beat Grizzlies 4-1
Spurs beat Rockets 4-2

East
Pistons beat Nets 4-0
Pacers beat Cavs 4-2
Knicks beat 76ers 4-2
Bulls beat Heat 4-3

don't expect to go as well as I did last year, but we'll see :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:45 pm

West
Timberwolves beat Blazers 4-0
Mavericks beat Kings 4-2
Grizzlies beat Suns 4-3
Spurs beat Rockets 4-0 (GO SPURS PWN PLZ :roll: )

East
Pistons beat Nets 4-2
Cavs beat Pacers 4-3
76ers beat Knicks 4-1
Bulls beat Heat 4-0 (C'mon CHICAGO :D )
Jugs

Postby gezus on Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:04 am

First off, I have to say I really don't like the knicks at all...but I have been checking in here for Live updates and such, and saw your story and I am more than impressed and it has prompted me to actually sign up on the board to post... So very good job.

Now for my predictions (I dont have a CF nor do I know how to create one) but I think it would be fun to participate.

So here goes...

West
Twolves win 4-1
Kings win 4-3(my upset in the west)
Phoenix wins 4-2
Spurs win 4-2

East
Pistons win 4-1 (DEEETROOOITTT BASKETBALLL)
Cleveland wins 4-3
Knicks win 4-2
Miami wins 4-0

Good luck to everyone.
gezus

Postby pHLo on Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:27 am

West
Twolves sweep Blazers 4-0
Mavs beat Kings 4-3
Suns sweep Grizzlies 4-0
Spurs beat Rockets 4-1

East
Pistons beat Nets 4-1
Pacers beat Cavs 4-2
Knicks sweep 76ers 4-0
Heat beat Bulls 4-1

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:13 pm

Twolves beat Blazers 4-2
Kings beat Mavs 4-3
Suns beat Grizzlies 4-2
Rockets beat Spurs 4-2

East
Pistons beat Nets 4-1
Pacers beat Cavs 4-3
Knicks beat 76ers 4-1
Heat beat Bulls 4-2
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Sac-1 on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:21 pm

West
Minnesota vs. Portland 4-1
Sacramento vs. Dallas 4-3
Phoenix vs. Memphis 4-0
Houston vs. Spurs 4-2

East
Detroit vs. New Jersey 4-1
Indiana vs. Cleveland 4-2
New York vs. Philadelphia 3-4(sorry D-Wolverine)
Miami vs. Chicago 4-1
Sac-1

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:10 am

don't expect to go as well as I did last year, but we'll see

You never know, bro, you never know... :wink:

First off, I have to say I really don't like the knicks at all...but I have been checking in here for Live updates and such, and saw your story and I am more than impressed and it has prompted me to actually sign up on the board to post... So very good job.

I appreciate this, buddy... You know sometimes we dynasters feel like we're preaching to the same ol' choir... it's mice to see new faces in here... start posting your thought guys :D :wink:

Okay, I'll wait a bit more for Mark and Mafia's votes... Should Batmaf win, I'll give him theoption of being traded to the team of his choice as early as the trade deadline of the 06/07 season... and the runner-up will enter the dynasty as a rookie...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:48 pm

Game 1 – Eastern Quarterfinals: New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers(Series at 0 – 0)

It was a very close game up until the final 3 minutes, at which point Lamar Odom exploded offensively and proceeded to score 8 consecutive points to transform a two point lead into a 10 point one. Odom finished Game 1 with 24 points and 11 rebounds, all the while Jamal Crawford was feeding him the ball, racking up 9 assists in the end. Magloire’s rebounding kept control of the tempo, and Allan Houston’s 16 points with 5 three pointers were a welcome addition. From the Sixers, Chris Webber had 25 points and 8 rebounds, but with Allan Iverson stuck at 16 points and 8 assists, there really was not much hope for Philly.

ImageImage

Result: The Knicks take game 1, 103 – 91, and lead the series 1 – 0.

Game 2 – Eastern Quarterfinals: New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers(Knicks lead 1 – 0)

This was a copy of game 1, no exaggeration whatsoever. The two teams again entered the 4th quarter tied, and once more a late game explosion by Lamar Odom and the Knicks tilted the game heavily towards their favor resulting in victory. Lamar scored 28 points and grabbed 14 rebounds, 8 of which were offensive. He also played good D on Webber , who might have scored 25 points but he did so on 9/24 shooting from the field. Tim Thomas was playing second fiddle for the Knicks with 19 points and 9 rebounds, while Jamal Crawford had a vintage 15pts – 6rebs – 6ast game with 6/6 from the field.

Image Image

Result: New York wins 116 – 95, and now takes command of the series, leading 2 – 0 and going into Philadelphia for games 3 and 4.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Cloudy on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:32 pm

Good o' Lamar (Y)
Good luck man, must be tough to play 2 dynasties...
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:36 am

Pretty much the same type of games and you won both and Odom dominating in both of them :lol: Good job stealing the first two games, could it be a sweep???

Also, it's Allen not Allan Iverson :P
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby The X on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:33 pm

2-0 and rolling....nice work (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:41 pm

Good o' Lamar
Good luck man, must be tough to play 2 dynasties...

Nah, this one is mostly simmed and teh other one is progressing (very) slowly, so I still have time to work and feed the family... :wink:

Pretty much the same type of games and you won both and Odom dominating in both of them Good job stealing the first two games, could it be a sweep???

Also, it's Allen not Allan Iverson

Yes, Odom looks to be a big time playoff performer , elevating his game under pressure... I didn't steal any games, I have homecourt advantage... :wink:

2-0 and rolling....nice work

Thanks... to the sim engine :P
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:49 pm

The individual player awards for the 05/06 season were announced today:

MVP:

DPOY:

MIP:

ROY:

6th MAN:

AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby mousey on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:01 pm

i love ya dynasty man , good start to playoffs
mousey

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:11 pm

i love ya dynasty man , good start to playoffs

Thanks friend, glad you enjoy it...

Game 3 – Eastern Quarterfinals: Philadelphia 76ers vs. New York Knicks (Knicks lead 2 – 0)

Up until half time, the home team had dominated the opposition, leading by 17 and seemingly leaving no room for a comeback with asphyxiating defense and excellent shot selection on the offensive end of the floor. It all was turned upside down in the second half. Though, with New York managing to outscore Philadelphia 47 – 20 and reaching the victory in a convincing way in the end. Derek Fisher put up another fantastic playoff performance to add to his résumé, with 27 points with 9 three pointers in 11 attempts!!! . Fish also added 7 assists and 6 rebounds to cap a great performance. Allen Iverson scored 32 , but only 8 in the second half.

ImageImage

Result: Knicks win 85 – 95 with a second half rally. And are now ahead by 3 – 0.

More regular season awards were announced today:

COY:

ALL NBA TEAM 1:

ALL NBA TEAM 2:

ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM 1:

ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM 2:

ALL ROOKIE TEAM 1:

ALL ROOKIE TEAM 2:

AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby The X on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:36 pm

hmmm....Arenas All-NBA 1st Team and All-Defensive 1st Team :D maybe I should be taking note, although I did manage to replicate half of that equation :roll:

and who are these rookies....they have no personalities :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:52 pm

and who are these rookies....they have no personalities

I did a draft coverage for the top 10 picks in the off season... Looks like you weren't paying attention... :lol:
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby The X on Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:01 pm

D-Wolverine 99027 wrote:
and who are these rookies....they have no personalities

I did a draft coverage for the top 10 picks in the off season... Looks like you weren't paying attention... :lol:

or my memory is fading with old age :roll: it was probably around the time I went down to Gold Coast on that drinking binge and got a bad strain of the flu after that....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:07 am

Game 4 – Eastern Quarterfinals: Philadelphia 76ers vs. New York Knicks (Knicks lead 3 – 0)

The Knicks blew their chances of sweeping their opponents and progressing to the Eastern Semifinals as early as of today. Most of the time, the Sixers were in complete command, leading with more than 10 points for about 30 minutes, led again by the ageless Chris Webber who was playing for himself AND for constantly sub-par in this series Allen Iverson. New York led a late game charge that peaked during the last 5 minutes of the 4th and final quarter, and even managed to tie the game 95-95 with a minute to go, but Webber scored a tough basket and in the last possession, a buzzer beating attempt by Derek Fisher missed its mark and led to Philadelphia avoiding an embarrassing sweep.

ImageImage

Result: The Sixers take it 97 – 95, make the series 3 – 1 for the Knicks, and will now be hoping for three more straight wins in order to advance.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby gezus on Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:41 am

Sweet...one more for Philly is all i want.
gezus

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:32 am

I have a feeling that poor Philly won't be able to come back from this deficit as no team has ever done it before. I would like to see you clean house next game :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby gezus on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:17 am

I don't need them to come back...I just need one more W from them.
gezus

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:07 am

Sweet...one more for Philly is all i want.

You'll find out soon...

I have a feeling that poor Philly won't be able to come back from this deficit as no team has ever done it before. I would like to see you clean house next game

We're odds-on favorites now... Hopefully it's as good as over...

I don't need them to come back...I just need one more W from them.

Looks like the betting bug has affected another forum member... :lol:
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:32 am

Game 5 – Eastern Quarterfinals: Philadelphia 76ers vs. New York Knicks (Knicks lead 3 – 1)

This was as easy as it could get for the Knicks. In front of a sell-out crowd in the Madison Square Garden, New York seemingly could do no wrong and proceeded to destroy the Sixers with a 25-point margin of victory. Mike Dunleacy had his best game as a Knick, with 30 points ( 7/8 threes ) coming off the bench and playing a total of 28 minutes. Tim Thomas added 20, being used at the PF spot a lot, and Jamal Crawford added 11 assists to feed them the easy baskets they needed to score. Odom had an off night with only 11 points, but with Webber shooting 8/25 and AI committing 9 turnovers, he needn’t do much more.

ImageImage

Result: New York wins the game easily 104 – 79, makes it 4 – 1 clinching the series, and will now progress to the next Round where we will face the Chicago Bulls.

Here’s the stat sheet for the Knickerbockers after the first round and 5 games played:

And this is how the playoff picture has shaped up after the Conference Quarterfinals:

ImageImage

Chicago made the upset and knocked Miami out with 3 straight victories, to win the series 4 games to 2, and inflict more misery upon the Heat fans who saw their team being ousted in the first round for the second consecutive time after last year, when they fell to another 7th seed, the Knicks.

Detroit manhandled the Nets’ weak frontcourt and won 4-1, but the surprising fact in the East was Indiana’s playoff veterans surrendering to the inexperienced Cavaliers so easily, getting swept in the process.

In the Western Conference, there were three lower-seeded teams advancing, with the shocker coming from the fact that the reigning champions Dallas Mavericks will not be able to defend their crown after losing 4-2 to the Kings. San Antonio and Phoenix also could not defend home court, while Minnesota cruised to the Western Semi-finals after cruising through most of the regular season. Let’s see if they can make the Finals this time.

Brian Grant has recovered from his late season injury and will be in uniform for Game 1 against the Bulls.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame