Sit's Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Who will win the 2006 NBA Finals

Los Angeles Lakers
80%
Boston Celtics
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:59 pm

Lakers - Celtics 3-1

A good ol' rivalry rekindled... should be fun! (Y)
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Ruff Ryder on Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:01 am

Lakers 3-2

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Sac-1 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:10 am

Lakers vs. Celtics 3-1
Sac-1

Postby Heiks on Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:39 am

good job there! i'd say lakers will sweep! :twisted:
Give respect, get respect.
Heiks

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:29 am

Looks like your going for the title so I'll say Lakers in a 3-1 series.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby DarkKanos on Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:33 am

3-2 C's
Thank you guys for the signiture but it wont work here :(
DarkKanos

Postby Rip32 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:14 am

3-1 Lakers
Tweet me, bro. @Brady_Fred
Rip32
Rodney Stuckey's Uncle

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:34 am

Lakers 3-1 I'm prob lose one away!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:39 pm

2006 NBA FINALS: Lake Show and Celtics Meet Again

21-8 LA Lakers (1) vs. 15-14 Boston Celtics (5)

ABOVE: Will Kobe (8) and Pierce (34) (Right) pick up where
Larry (33) and Magic (32) (Left) left off?

Exactly 19 years ago, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and James Worthy led the LA Lakers to the first of their back to back championships in a 4-2 effort against the Boston Celtics. The two teams are back in the NBA Finals and since then, the Lakers' have won enough rings to be up near where Boston sits on total championships won. Boston has won 16 all time, the Lakers have won 13.

Magic now leads his own team into battle in this epic matchup which should bring back memories of the Great Western Forum and Boston Garden. The fans are set for a great series:

How They Got There

The Lakers are 9-3 in the postseason. The team had an easy first round sweep of the Memphis Grizzlies then trouble struck in the form of last year’s champions and Pacific Division rivals the Sacramento Kings. LA won all of their home games to show how much home court advantage means to this team. The second seeded Spurs delivered as much of a challenge as the Kings did to the Lakers and took the Lakers to 4 games in 4 very close matches in which no team scored in triple figures, a first for LA. The Lakers showed how deep their squad was as Game 4 against San Antonio was played with an eight man rotation of second and third string players. The Lakers will be healthy and suspension free come the NBA Finals and they should be a tough team to crack.

The Boston Celtics have had a fairytale run towards the NBA Finals, escaping elimination in 3 Game 5’s. With every series going to 3-2, the Celtics hold a 9-67 record going into the final stage and look set to drive towards the Larry O’Brien trophy. In the first round, they upset Shaq and the Miami Heat. They then got it done against the fast paced Washington Wizards led by their trio of young players in Antawn Jamison, Gilbert Arenas and Larry Hughes. Boston then outlasted the team orientated Orlando Magic to set up another chapter to add to the Lakers-Celtics storybook. Having encountered many different teams along the way, Boston now plays a team that features the best player in the League and is a team that can go in many directions. They take it up to the Lakers though and we’ll see how history plays out.

Center: Kwame Brown vs. Al Jefferson

Two young big men going at each other’s throats will be what we will see in this match up. Al Jefferson who has been rewarded with a starting spot has done well so far in the playoffs averaging 8 ppg and 5 rpg on 50% shooting from the field. He’s still a long way from the dominance of his Lakers counterpart Kwame Brown who is averaging 16.7 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.45 spg and 1.55 bpg. However, it is important to remember that Jefferson has only played 26 mpg in the postseason thus far.

Stat Comparison:
K Brown: 11 GP 11 GS | 16.7 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.45 spg, 1.55 bpg, 39 mpg, 51% FG
A Jefferson: 15 GP 10 GS | 7.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.4 apg, 0.93 spg, 1.07 bpg, 26 mpg 45% FG

Edge: LA Lakers

Forwards: Carlos Boozer/Ron Artest vs. Raef Lafrentz/Ricky Davis

The Lakers’ forwards looked in-form for the first time in a long time on both ends of the floor against San Antonio. Ricky Davis is set to return 100% healthy from an injury which sidelined him for 5 games and Lafrentz has shot and rebounded the ball very efficiently. Boozer and Artest are very talented players but it should be noted that in this match up, Lafrentz and Davis are thoroughly underrated as both players can and will play both inside and out. However, Boozer and Artest will be able to handle the dribble penetration of Davis and the outside shooting and mid range game of Lafrentz and should be trouble for the Celtics on the other end too.

Stat Comparison:
C Boozer: 12 GP 12 GS | 18.5 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.08 bpg, 39 mpg, 49% FG, 75% FT
R Artest: 11 GP 11 GS | 16.8 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.45 spg, 1.18 bpg, 47% FG, 43% 3PT
R Lafrentz: 15 GP 15 GS | 10.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.13 bpg, 27.6 mpg, 42% FG, 42% 3PT
R Davis: 10 GP 10 GS | 16.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 4.1 apg, 1.40 spg, 34.6 mpg, 40% FG, 39% 3PT

Edge: LA Lakers

Guards: Kobe Bryant/Juan Dixon vs. Paul Pierce/Marcus Banks

Kobe Bryant returns from injury and Juan Dixon will get his first start beside his captain. Dixon filling in for Ratchuk who proved too inexperienced has been great for the Lakers with his quickness and scoring. Sometimes he has played at SG instead of PG but moving him back down to PG will give him a better chance to help the team on defense. Paul Piece may well be a tough matchup for Kobe Bryant. Bryant’s hasn’t had any real test this postseason but Pierce has been on fire making half of his shots from the field while leading his teams with his all-around play. Marcus Banks will be important for Boston to win. It is up to him to distribute the ball and handle the pressure the NBA Finals bring along.

Stat Comparison:
K Bryant: 9 GP 9 GS | 22.2 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2.22 spg, 40.1 mpg, 49% FG, 37% 3PT, 89% FT
J Dixon: 12 GP 2 GS | 8.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.42 spg, 17.3 mpg
P Pierce: 15 GP 15 GS | 26.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.53 spg, 41 mpg, 50% FG, 39% 3PT, 86% FT
M Banks: 15 GP 15 GS | 10.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 4.5 apg, 1.53 spg, 33 mpg, 40% FG, 40% 3PT, 76% FT

Edge: Tie

Bench:

The Lakers bench doesn’t look in good condition with Ratchuk and Kareem Rush struggling with their shooting. Brian Grant though has been a very solid player especially on the defensive end. Those three will be the main players coming off the bench for LA with Shane Heal and Corlis Williamson ready to step in if a veteran hand is needed. Felix Chang, Delonte West, Ashanti Best, Mark Blount, Tony Allen and Waltar McCarty are all players who have stepped up off the pine for Boston. In other words, the Celtics have a very deep team. The Celtics bench is in form and ready for the finals while the Lakers really only have one dependable bench warmer in Grant. Looks like the Lakers will be relying on their starters to win.

Edge: Boston Celtics

Intangibles:

The Lakers are led by Magic Johnson who is joined by his former teammate Michael Cooper who together led LA to that championship win. The duo are very keen in leading their Lakers to a win from the sidelines and it looks like this will put the fire back into the rivalry which has been burning cold for close to 2 decades. The Lakers will host 3 home games but they may run into some trouble with Boston’s good away record. Boston is a surprising 6-2 when away from the Fleet Centre while LA holds a slim 7-1 record in the postseason at STAPLES. Home court advantage may be zilch for this series only. This will be interesting to see how it works out!

Edge: Tie

Result:

The series seems to be more evenly matched than expected. Since the Finals is a whole different ball game and there is more to gain and lose, expect a close series. We pick the Lakers to prevail though only because they have a little more experience and depth.

Prediction: LA Lakers win 3-2

Team Statistics Comparison:

Regular Season

LA Lakers | Celtics

109 ppg | 90 ppg
54 rpg | 44 rpg
28 apg | 20 apg
3.7 bpg | 5.5 bpg
9.6 spg | 8.4 spg

Playoffs

LA Lakers | Celtics

99 ppg | 96 ppg
48 rpg | 43 rpg
24 apg | 22 apg
4.4 bpg | 6.1 bpg
10 spg | 8.3 spg
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:05 pm

I'd like to take C's so I win your picking competition, but I really think you'll win this one in 4....

Lakers 3 def Celtics 1....

bring on Bryan Cooper and the Clippers :D
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:30 pm

Hmmm... Waiting for Mark to tip before I play Game 1. I only got one week to finish the Finals and finish my offseason before school restarts.. then im afraid i'll only play 1 game a week...

Yes, there is a prize for the Top 3!
Fresh8

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:22 am

Very nice write-up. It reminds me so much of looking at the matchups on nba.com or something :lol: Everything looks neat, and I also like the Bird vs. Magic pic too (Y)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Seraph on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:38 am

Impressive write-Up , Great work (Y)

Of course i will go againts the LAKERS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Celtics 3-2 (Y) :twisted:
Seraph

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:59 am

yoooooooooooo... seraph is still alive!
Fresh8

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:39 am

Psh, what kind of stupid poll was that sit? It is obvious you're going to win right?......

If you lose to the Celts I cannot forgive you!
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Mark. on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:39 am

Sorry about the wait,

I'm going to say 3-1 to Lakers, I cant see the Celtics posing much of a problem esp since they dont have Walker
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:41 am

U guys would be surprised.. im at halftime, Ive trailed by 15 points in the first half... (N)

UPDATE: The Lakers have taken the Celtics to a tie at 73-73 after the end of the third quarter!

UPDATE 2: Dam nPC Crahsed again as i was loading out of the game! I hate it!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:46 pm

Kobe Bryant Leads Lakers to 1-0 Lead

LAL: 19 – 28 – 26 – 40 – 113
BOS: 26 – 24 – 23 – 21 – 94

Boston Celtics 94 @ Los Angeles Lakers 113

21-8 Los Angeles Lakers leads series against 15-14 Boston Celtics 1-0

Los Angeles – Kobe Bryant scored 42 points in a game 1 win over the Boston Celtics as the Lakers rebounded from a slow start to decimate the visiting team.

The Lakers fell behind all too quickly in the first quarter and then made their way back towards the Celtics cutting into their lead. Boston then went on another run in the second quarter to increase their advantage to 15 but LA slowly fought their way back into the game. The third quarter saw Boston lead by 10 points until the final minute when LA fought back once more to tie the score ay 73-73. Then it was LA’s turn to go on a huge scoring run and this time, they did something Boston didn’t do: sustain the lead.

Within 5 minutes, LA had gone on a 20-4 scoring run and reached triple figures with 6:02 left in the game thanks to 12 points from Carlos Boozer and 10 points from Kobe Bryant. The Lakers then cruised to victory in a not so easy game.

“Boston got ahead of us three times but we never gave up,” Kobe Bryant said, “It’s the fighting spirit of our team and franchise!”

Bryant added 4 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals to his boxscore as he shot 15 for 31 from the field and 11 for 11 from the charity stripe in 41 minutes of game time. Carlos Boozer delivered 22 points, 16 rebounds on 9 for 15 from the field in 44 minutes, Kwame Brown added 18, 12 in 31 foul plagued minutes and Juan Dixon made the most of his first start with 14, 4, 5 and 6 steals. Ron Artest struggled all night as he missed 10 of his 12 shot attempts and finished on 5, 5, 4 and 3 steals.

“Ron had a tough time tonight,” Magic said, “But I have faith in him that he will step up in Game 2.”

Bryant did well to keep LA in the ball game in the second quarter as he scored 16 points and helped open up space for Carlos Boozer to score 8 in the same period.

Paul Pierce led the Celtics with 25 points on a very efficient 10 for 18 from the field. Marcus Banks added 19 (7/15 FG) and Ricky Davis scored 16 (7/16), 6 and 2 blocks. However, the trio wouldn’t get any more help from their teammates. Raef Lafrentz was held to 0 points despite grabbing 12 rebounds and Al Jefferson struggled as he hit only 4 of his 12 shots to reach 8 and 10.

“The Lakers’ experience got us caught up in the final quarter,” Delonte West, who scored 9 points from off the bench said, “We’re in for a tough series!”

Game 2 will be played in 2 days.
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:28 pm

Good win there Sit, looks like Kobe is gunning for that win, i'll eat my slippers if the Lakers dont win this one, the match ups are too much in your favour.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:40 pm

Paul Pierce and C's Shock Lakers

Los Angeles Lakers 93 @ Boston Celtics 97

21-8 Los Angeles Lakers tied against 15-14 Boston Celtics 1-1

Boston – A domianating fourth quarter from the Boston Celtics and the Lakers' last minute collapse set up Paul Pierce who relived his late game heroics in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Pierce's trey which hit its target with 2.2 seconds left put the Celtics up by 3 before Pierce converted the four point play after being fouled by Kobe Bryant.

It seemed as if Kobe built up the lead for LA, then he lost the game for them. Kobe Bryant's 23 first half points helped the Lakers to a 75-56 afvantage with one quarter to play and the lead was still perfectly intact with just 6 minutes left in the game. After that point, LA couldn't find a way to score as the Celtics slowly chipped their way into the away team's lead.

With less than 2 minutes left, the Lakers found themselves in hot water as Ricky Davis made a series of jumpshots. Shane Heal was forced into an 8 second violation with 56.7 left in the game. Raef Lafrentz knocked down a three to put the Celtics behind by three. Veteran PG Heal was then called for a backcourt violation, bringing the feisty Australian into a war of words with the ref.

"That was not a backcourt violation," Heal exclaimed in his Australian accent, "Look, I've played for so many years and I know what I'm doing. These guys (Game Officials) over here in the States don't even call travelling, why call a backcourt violation when it isn't?!" The floor general fumed ove rthe call and was ejected from the game with 37.2 seconds left and the Lakers leading 93-90.

Celtics' rookie Felix Chang then went on to nail a three pointer from in front of the hoop to tie the match with 30.3 ticks left and the Lakers knew they were in hot water.

Kobe Bryant and the starting five were put back oncourt as Bryant who had already warmed down and found the situation unanticipated made an error that was just too unfamiliar. He dribbled out of bounds and called that it was an unfair call because Pierce was seen pushing him.

"The refs aren't calling anything in our favour, Paul Pierce was holding me," He argued.

Pierce knocked down the off balance trey to give Boston their only lead of the game and that lead was what won them the game. "It was good to drain it again. The memory of my shot from two weeks ago in Orlando is sitll fresh in our minds," Pierce said, "I promise to bring the trophy back to Boston!" The Fleet Centre crowd was raucous as they celebrated the win, chanting 'P-Dub, MVP' and 'Go home Kobe' throughout the night.

Kobe Bryant topscored with 33 points on 14 for 23 shooting in just 38 minutes. He received a good effort fro mthe rest of his team as everyone shared the scoring load.

Paul Pierce finished on 27, 5 and 5 as he led 5 players in double figures. "Tonight it was our night," Ricky Davis said, "We showed these guys that as a team, we can play basketball."

Magic Johnson though may be the one to blame for the loss as he refused to reinsert his starters even though Boston was closing in on them. He argued that his bench players needed the game time to improve. "I regret keeping them in the game but at the time it was the better choice to keep the second and third string guys in," the headstrong coach stated. Nine of the Lakers players played at least 20 minutes each.

Game 3 is back in Los Angeles.

Boxscore:

BOS: 20 - 24 - 12 - 41 - 97
LAL: 22 - 28 - 25 - 18 - 93

Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:08 pm

One loss, but contriversial, I still think Lakers will win.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:08 pm

use fraps Sit so you don't have to load out of the game :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:59 pm

I'll give it a go X.. thanks!
Fresh8

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:54 am

Tough loss, but I'm not worried, you should still win. I know your big 3 won't let the team down.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:31 pm

Lakers Overcome Deficit To Beat Boston

LAL: 24 – 25 – 28 – 24 – 101
BOS: 33 – 24 – 16 – 19 – 92

Boston Celtics 92 @ Los Angeles Lakers 101

21-8 Los Angeles Lakers leads series against 15-14 Boston Celtics 2-1

ABOVE: Kobe Bryant (8) is fouled on a shot attempt late in Game 3

Los Angeles – Los Angeles rallied behind Kobe Bryant to take a 2-1 lead in the NBA Finals series. One more win would mean an NBA Championship for the LA Lakers. Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce entertained the STAPLES crowd with a scoring duel in the final period after the Lakers had fought back form 8 points down in the third quarter.

Bryant scored 13 points as compared to Paul Pierce’s 12 but the Lakers got the better of the matchup as Bryant led the team home. Bryant finished with 28 points on 12 for 25 shooting from the field. He flirted with a triple double as he collected 11 assists and 8 rebounds along with 4 steals. Paul Pierce also led his team with a game high 32 points on a blistering 13 for 20 shooting and added 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 steals.

“Tonight, it was the Kobe P-Dub show,” Lakers forward Ron Artest stated, “Noone got in the way of it.”

Kobe though still got his team going and had 4 other contributors in double figures. Brian Grant and Ron Artest scored 12 apiece; Fredrick Ratchuk had 11 while Juan Dixon made the most of his opportunities scoring 17 points. The Celtics on the other hand only had one other player in double figures and it was Ricky Davis who finished with 18 and 11.

“Kobe got so much support and you look at my team, no one is stepping up,” a fuming Pierce said at a post game conference. Pierce even made a statement that he didn’t like his team and was angry at management.

Davis stood up for his captain and defended, “Paul is just frustrated. He’s just finding this all too hard to cope.” All season long, Pierce was clearly unhappy with the situation in Boston but never made a complaint officially in the media. It is expected that the Celtics’ captain will be fined for his comments made after Game 3.

Boxscore:

Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame