X's Bobcats Dynasty '07/08 (NBA Live 2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby The X on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:52 pm

he'll get more....I'm just easing him into it....with team struggles I want to get my core guys playing well....also Willie Green is playing pretty well at backup SG....

but will definitely find him a few more minutes in December....

as for your guy Micchy, you said you were changing to a SG.....that means u won't be 6'10", 235lbs anymore....let me know what your new height will be.....I checked out ur cyberface in game, and seems to work fine....and I picked up u were a lefty :o
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby cocobee on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:29 pm

Play GUY! We want GUY! I think you should start him, so he'll develop quicker--let him learn the ropes on a nightly basis. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Ataraxia on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:35 pm

bad start so far....hopefully u can change it around in December man......n I would like to see Watson and Guy as starters.....I mean u got nothing to loose at the moment. :P
Ataraxia

Postby Mikki on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:53 pm

LMAO Gerald Wallace looks like Gilbert Arenas :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikki

Postby The X on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:46 pm

cocobee wrote:Play GUY! We want GUY! I think you should start him, so he'll develop quicker--let him learn the ropes on a nightly basis. :wink:

don't worry, Dumars is definitely the GUY for us :P He's played superbly and he's now the starting C, which will allow 'Meka to move back to PF....as good as Walton was playing, I feel he's better as a 6th man....that's kinda what I signed him for....as for Guy, he's a machine....he posterised Shaq in win over Heat....he's kinda like a mix between Brad Daugherty and Keon Clark....I'm expecting big things from him....

Najira wrote:bad start so far....hopefully u can change it around in December man......n I would like to see Watson and Guy as starters.....I mean u got nothing to loose at the moment. :P

yep, bad start....I know....but as I said at the end of the month, the team started to turn the corner....Guy will be starting, no question about it....as for Watson....he's staying on the bench....at 6'2" he's an undersized SG, and he's not very athletic at all, and can be exposed defensively....but I hear what you are all saying, I'll try to get him more floor burn....I'm not panicking at the moment....the Leastern Conference is wide open....it'll turn around....hopefully the simmed game results will improve though :(

Mikki wrote:LMAO Gerald Wallace looks like Gilbert Arenas :lol: :lol: :lol:

wtf?!? :? I just don't see it....some resemblence I guess, but hmmm..... :?
Last edited by The X on Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 pm

well, December summary should be up sometime over the weekend....as for the team, I'm stinking it up....on a 9 game losing streak and I'm going to have to do something to change it up as it's just down right :( ....although I'd prefer to be losing most games than winning all of them easily....sliders I set myself are pretty tough and CPU team just isn't giving me any hope when I sim a game or intervene in the 4th quarter (I'm always down by like 20pts :x )....either way, as Rage Against the Machine would say, "...something's got to give....", and something will this weekend....

as for current updates, on page 1 of the thread I updated the current roster lineup (Okafor is back from injury (Y) , as is Ely :| , and "that Guy" is starting :P )....other updates on page 1 of the thread are completed updated Team Records (Individual, Team & All-Time Records) and the Bobby Phills Memorial Medallion Leaderboard which appears to be a much closer race this season than last....

hope I can turn this thing around before I'm in another lottery :oops:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:48 pm

RANDOM ROOKIE PROFILE

A certain kid named Ben Tshibaka waited hours to hear his name read out in the 2005 NBA Draft. He's still waiting. However, once Tshibaka got off the initial disappointment, he went straight back to work as he tried to earn a contract as an undrafted rookie. Tshibaka didn't have to wait long as the Charlotte Bobcats saw something in him that 29 other teams did not, a future in the NBA. Whilst he's only played sparingly through the first 20 games of the season, when he has played, he has shown a knack to kick-start the Bobcats' stagnant offense. Lately he's been taking Steve Blake's backup PG role, and whispers coming out of the organisation suggestion that Blake could be shipped out in the near future, or at the very least, moved to the IR for good. He's also endeared himself to teammates and The X has labelled his fellow rookie running mate 'Shake & Bake'. S & B and X have played quite a few minutes in the backcourt together and hopefully we'll see a lot more of both of them.

Tshibaka shakes and bakes his way past Sam I Am (An Alien) Cassell and the T'wolves on his way to the hoop
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby ShivaSquad on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:28 am

yes he is an alien! lol good call.nice dynasty i havent checked in b4 ill hav to keep comin. (Y)
Posts keep posters happy. Happy posters mean good posts. :)
ShivaSquad

Postby The X on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:21 pm

cheers :chug: ....the more the merrier :D

also if you haven't already checked out the other few pages then check them out....it's mostly monthly recaps, scouting recaps, playoff coverage and a big off-season coverage that inspired Micchy in his off-season :wink:

everyone else, I should have an update done by end of weekend....hopefully....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:46 pm

I appear to not be drinking tonight so that means no random rants in unrelated threads :( ....so that being said, I may as well provide you guys with a recap for the month of December....

DECEMBER 2005 SUMMARY

Coming into December, the Bobcats had won 2 out of their last 3 games and were looking to extend their strong play into a new month. Unfortunately for Bobcats' fans, the team lost their next 8 games straight on their way to a 9 game losing streak. The fans weren't happy, the players weren't happy, the coach wasn't happy and the owner sure as hell wasn't happy.

With the season on the brink and the defending champion New York Knickerbockers coming to town, the picture could not have been more gloomy. However December 28, 2005 was a different day. The Bobcats played with their hearts on their sleeves in a see-sawing battle that needed an overtime period to decide it. The 'Cats got up as they set franchise records for points, rebounds and assists in a game. It was also an unlikely hero, a former Knicks' reject Othella Harrington, who made the difference in the end as he dominated the likes of Vin Baker, Kurt Thomas and Nazr Mohammed.

The losing streak was stopped at 9. The team jumped on a plane and headed to Salt Lake City as they systematically tore apart the AK47-led Utah Jazz on the way to a 20 point victory, and suddenly, a 2 game win streak to close the month.

The month of December saw All-Star Emeka Okafor and valuable contributor Melvin Ely return from injury. It was also a month where rookie Guy Dumars stepped forward and took hold of the starting C spot, which also allowed Okafor to slide back to his natural position of PF, and The Great White Hope, Luke Walton, slide back to a 6th man role. Dumars played superbly as he averaged 13.0ppg, 8.6rpg & 2.0bpg for the month of December. As for the other rookies, 2nd Round pick Andrew Watson has gradually seen his minutes increase and is starting to show that he has the ability to contribute in more than just scoring. Undrafted rookie Ben Tshibaka appeared in a couple of games before heading back to the IR. In that time Tshibaka showed that he has a future in the NBA as a backup PG.

A 2-8 month to follow a 3-9 month isn't exactly what the doctor ordered for the Charlotte Bobcats. All that Bernie and the boys can do is take one game at a time and try to claw back its division rivals one game at a time.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:53 pm

THE MONTH THAT WAS FOR THE 'CATS

Bobcats Among League Leaders

G- Gilbert Arenas - 22.0ppg (17th in NBA), 1.86spg (14th in NBA), 64 3Pt Made (4th in NBA), 99 FT Made (5th in NBA)
F/C- Emeka Okafor - 11.6rpg (3rd in NBA), 1.78bpg (16th in NBA), 60.3% FG (5th in NBA)
G/F- Eric Piatowski - 47.4% 3Pt (12th in NBA)
F/C- Othella Harrington - 54.2% FG (13th in NBA)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:06 pm

AROUND THE LEAGUE (DECEMBER '05)

STANDINGS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

WESTERN CONFERENCE

AWARDS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

How the heck did Guy Dumars, who averaged 13ppg, 8.6rpg & 2.0bpg for December, not win this?!?

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Seattle can't get enough of Yokohama's son Honor-ism

MVP WATCH

TRANSACTIONS

I also forgot to post November transaction in the last recap, so I will post them now.

The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:19 pm

NLSC PLAYER UPDATE (DECEMBER '05)

This is a monthly section that will highlight different NLSC Players each month. As there is only one NLSC Player at the moment (me :P), for this season it will just be a short recap of what my guy is doing. Once next season (06/07) rolls over, I'd say that this piece will hold a bit more interest to you guys.

SG- Andrew Watson (The X), 6'2", 220lbs (31st pick in the 2005 NBA Draft by Charlotte)

December was a transitional month for Watson as at the start of the month he was still firmly entrenched on the pine. But as the month wore on and the Bobcats piled up loss after loss, coach Bickerstaff started to utilise his unique combination of skills more. It was in the last 2 games of the month, both wins for the 'Cats, that Watson finally stepped up out of his shell and made a contribution. In the OT win over the Knicks, Watson played 20mins and had 8pts, 3rebs and a team-high 10asts. In the final game of the month at Utah, Watson backed it up with a 7pt, 2reb, 1ast, 1stl performance on 2/3 shooting from behind the arc in 9mins of burn. The future is looking up for this unlikely NLSC player.

Andrew Watson's 2005/06 Stats:
2.1ppg, 0.5rpg, 1.5apg
1.63 NBA Efficiency Rating
0.90 Raw Birdie Score
0.61 Weighted Birdie Score
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:23 pm

PIC OF THE MONTH

One of the new 'Cats on the block, Gilbert Arenas, is not afraid to go aerial if needs be
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby 'Melo on Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:25 am

Yo, I'm back :wink: Your Cyberface isn't right because your not using Brian Cardinal headshape your using default one.
'Melo

Postby Jing on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:19 am

nice job, i love reading all of these summaries and recaps
Jing

Postby The X on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:08 am

Melo....hmm.....I just took the fsh file you sent me and imported it with EA Graphics Editor and dbf edited....also Melo, I need that profile for your player ASAP....

jxuusa....always good to hear people are still enjoying the format....any suggestions, pls don't hesitate....

forgot to mention to everyone that I updated page 1 of the thread with player and team records as well as BPMM Standings....

as for rookie scouting, I'm holding off doing it so I can get NLSC and college players in there....although to do that I need to scout every region....I'm getting there though....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Micchy_boy on Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:22 pm

again, nice recap though another losing month.
common lets make a push for a playoffs!!!!

by the way about my profile make me 6'6" shootting guard or 6"10 power forward, you make the call okey....

and about your CF, i think you should also extract all ebo files of Cardinal...
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby The X on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:37 am

cpu went kaput yesterday, am posting from work so will be offline for next day or two or three (not sure) while it's being fixed....hopefully I didn't lose any dynasty files :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Micchy_boy on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:25 am

i also hope everything will be alright....
dont' want this dynasty be gone...
Good luck about your PC...
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby The X on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:43 pm

cpu seems to be working....for now....but yep, dynasty is still going as no data files were lost :D

the downside of the cpu crash is that it crashed while I was up by 20pts over the Sonics....now I'm gonna have to play that game again :x
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jing on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:52 am

ouch. well, maybe this time around you'll be winning by even more.. or the other way around.
i'd say this time you should at least make a push, though losing okafor sucks. (N)
Jing

Postby cocobee on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:07 pm

That sucks about your PC-I'm feelin that Arenas pic. Keep it going bro! (Y)
cocobee
America's Team

Postby The X on Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:21 pm

haha....that's an interesting sig there cocobee.... :o and don't sweat c-bee, this dynasty will go as long as my computer lets it go :roll:

yeah, managed to get the win against Sonics :D

am almost finished january so when that is done will post a recap....might not get it done this weekend as my b-day is on sunday so a few :beer:'s will be in order :D ....

I'm trying to finish scouting so I can start scouting reports for NLSC guys....is a very weak draft so I imagine most NLSC players will be top 15-20 picks....

as for now all I did was update the Bobby Phills Medal Standings with Arenas drawing level with 'Meka again

X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:14 pm

okay guys, I'm playing round with headshapes to try and get my guy looking more like me....here goes some pics of me (not too pretty I know :lol:)....

pic that cyberface was based on (a crap university ID mugshot)....

some other pics including this one before a New Years ball a year back (don't ask about the chick, she was a nutter)

and here's one taken with a crappy webcam....

and as if all the others weren't enough, here goes me before Big Day Out in Auckland about a year ago (I'm 2nd from left at back with a Crownie if you hadn't already noticed)....

enough of the memories, let's get onto the cyberfaces....

here's me with Brian Cardinal's headshape that Melo used....

here's me with fellow Kiwi Sean Mark's headshape that I thought might work....

any headshape suggestions guys? I think the Sean Marks one is pretty good, except my nose is not that pointy nor are my eyebrows so freaky :x

X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame