X's Bobcats Dynasty '07/08 (NBA Live 2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Kemp on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:28 am

That is a very detailed November recap, it is still early in the season so the Bobcats still have chances to go all the way to the top. I have faith on the Bobcats. I like the Nene pic.
Kemp

Postby Seraph on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:33 am

nice November recap.
I guess It wasnt a NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER for my player
Seraph

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:05 am

Nice pics and it looks like the Mavs are dominating this year with a 7-1 record, but its good to see the Grizzlies still behind them. Keep everything up (Y)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:06 pm

ceekay wrote:Don't worry about the 6-8 record, it'll be alright. My team on the other side... :shake:

yeh, I'm not worried by the 6-8 record....I'm just glad I won the last 2 games or I would've been 4-10 :shock: those were 2 big wins and have turned the skid around....as for the Clippers, yep, I expected better from them, but they are stinking it up....

Sit wrote:3rd in the Pac, 6th in the West... looking good man! At least my Warriors are better than the real Lakers!!! mwahahahahaha! (Y)

yep, I guess Sit is finally bringing the Warriors out of the dreaded embedded code curse....it's still early so let's see if you can keep them there....as for the Lakers, yeah, they're going horribly....Kobe's just not doing his job I guess....

jxuusa wrote:still all good i suppse.
again x, you always get the great pics!

cheers....look out for NLSC update in next day or so :wink:

Sensation wrote:Nice pics of Nene and Francis. Nice November Recap as well, Philly's looking good.

yep, you can thank match_66 for the strong 76ers' start as he has come out prepared....

zmac wrote:Nice work so far on the new season - except winning, although your not doing too bad.
Also your pics turn out great. And that Marko comment made me laugh :lol:

cheers....team is alright....it's talented enough to withhold the storm....and don't forget that I had to play (and lost to) the defending champion Spurs twice in November....if you look at the schedule, there weren't really that many cupcakes....

nbalive744 wrote:great pics man, i wonder how that always happens, or do you edit it on photoshop, if you di, then i must say, very good job man, it looks so realistic :!:

no photoshop editting here bro :wink: everyone can get pics like that....you just have to find a situation where the players end up looking stupid (which seems to happen quite a bit)....the Jaric one had to do with him going up for a board and it appears Francis must have got it at the last second....also, pics are cropped and re-sized before being uploaded....

Doodle wrote:Nice recap X, it was a tough month after dumarse got injured.. hopefully Nene and co. can step up their game, or else :twisted:

yep, it was tough, but this dynasty has seen tougher :lol:

Kobe101 wrote:Tough month man! Again nice pics! The Jaric one is funny! People got to step up now!

yep, I'm holding G.A. responsible....he's got to step it up....we need him badly....

Kemp40 wrote:That is a very detailed November recap, it is still early in the season so the Bobcats still have chances to go all the way to the top. I have faith on the Bobcats. I like the Nene pic.

cheers....always good to see that not everyone loses the faith :P

Seraph wrote:nice November recap.
I guess It wasnt a NOVEMBER TO REMEMBER for my player

statistically-wise you actually had a pretty good month and seem to be gradually improving from last season's NLSC ROY status....Odom is getting about 20ppg, I think you are getting like 17ppg (not sure, might be slightly less) and Kobe is letting down the team with only 19ppg....team's lacklustre play can probably be attributed to the fact that the team doesn't have any true C's or quality PF's (not including Odom who is more like a SF anyways) on the roster....

SbHzMaFiA© wrote:Nice pics and it looks like the Mavs are dominating this year with a 7-1 record, but its good to see the Grizzlies still behind them. Keep everything up (Y)

yep, Grizz are always there but always seem to falter in the playoffs due to their lack of depth inside....it would be good to see them (and the Mavs for the some reason) make some postseason noise this year....

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but the BPMM Leaderboard and roster were updated on page 1 of the thread....I will update the team records soon....will try to get that NLSC update up tonight....

cheers
X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby BOSS on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:37 pm

3rd in tha NW and 10th in the West. Ain't that bad.
BOSS

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:59 pm

Initial D wrote:3rd in tha NW and 10th in the West. Ain't that bad.

if you say so, although it ain't so good either....the Sonics seem to always remain mediocre....I don't know if they've made the playoffs in this dynasty yet....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:38 pm

Yep X.. ur team is looking good although I was hoping GA would average 20 ppg lol I guess JJ has everyone's back!

Also, can't wait till I get to play against the Lakers! (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:40 pm

yeah Sit, I am still expecting G.A. to average 20ppg....he's getting his shots but is only hitting like 35-36% so far from the field....once he ups that shooting %, you will see him reach that 20ppg plateau....I also expect JJ to simmer down and move back to a 16-17ppg player as the season wears on....

as for the Lakers, the battle of California as Sit takes on Seraph....should be interesting....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:54 pm

NLSC PLAYER UPDATE (NOVEMBER '07)

This is a monthly section that will highlight different NLSC Players each month. Throughout the 2007/08 season, I will feature the journeys of the NLSC's finest, including 3 fresh-faced NLSC rookies who will each try to make a mark on the league like no-one before them. We start the first instalment with a young Asian man who had to cross America to find playing time and try and become the best foreign SG in the Swamps since a Croatian guard named Drazen Petrovic came over from Portland.

SG- Jing "jxuusa" Xu, 6'6", 180lbs (21st pick in the 2006 by the Houston Rockets)

Jxuusa creates enough space to free himself for a trey over fellow NLSC-er ceekay

A lot has changed for Jing "jxuusa" Xu. Hyped as one of the best SG prospects in the 2006 NBA Draft, Xu quickly fell out of favour with Nate McMillan and never got a look after that with the guard-laden Sonics. Then the unthinkable happenned as the Sonics turned their backs on Xu and drafted fellow high schooler, Sam "Initial D" Anurak. This move was clearly a sign that Xu was not in the Sonics' future plans, and Xu's agent requested a trade. The Sonics granted his wish later that summer by dealing him in a multi-player deal that netted them Nenad Krstic. I'm guessing that the Sonics made this deal with their eyes closed. This is not due to the fact that Krstic wasn't a nice pickup because he was. This is due to the fact that Xu was working tirelessly on his game during the off-season as he improved his handle so he could play at both guard positions. Xu also shot up an inch in height (from 6'5" to 6'6") and is still in his teens and has a lot of room for improvement. Xu started out the season as the starting SG and performed admirably before the Nets signed Jalen Rose to start. Xu has taken it in his stride as he has moved to a sixth man role as he backs up Rose and Kidd at the SG and PG positions respectively. Look for big things from this kid as he could help the franchise allow a new SG into their hearts.

Jing Xu's 2007/08 Stats:
9.1ppg, 3.5rpg, 5.1apg, 1.21spg, 0.57bpg
10.98 NBA Efficiency Rating
8.91 Raw Birdie Score
8.91 Weighted Birdie Score
0.29 Raw Birdie Points/Minute

NLSC PLAYER'S 2007/08 STATS

BEST GAME FOR THE MONTH

Here are the boxscores of each NLSC-ers performance that I deemed to best their best for the month. Click on the links to check out how each player fared.

Sam "Initial D" Anurak
Silva "Melo" Biason
Cocobee
Honor Glow
Makis "Dweaver" Hassakis
Desmond "SbHzMaFiA" Jackson
Cyriel "ceekay" Klitsie
Mark "match_66" Moore
Leo "Seraph" Reyes
Flo "pHLo" Ruf
Russel "Micchy_boy" Santos
Will Sit
Andrew "X" Watson
Paul "PJ" Watson
Jing "jxuusa" Xu

NLSC-ers AMONGST THE LEAGUE LEADERS

PG- Leo "Seraph" Reyes - 7.0apg (4th in NBA)
SG- Andrew "X" Watson - 80.0% FG (1st in NBA)
SG- Russel "Micchy_boy" Santos - 100.0% FT (1st in NBA)

That's all for now....
X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jing on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:01 pm

hey, not complain man, great recap. love every bit of it.

and dude, seraph is killing!
Jing

Postby Jugs on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm

Nice NLSC recap, and the Jxuusa story is very intriguing, keep up the great work and i cant wait until im apart of that group
Jugs

Postby The X on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:10 pm

jxuusa wrote:hey, not complain man, great recap. love every bit of it.

and dude, seraph is killing!

yep, Seraph is killing it....shame about Kobe and the rest of the boys....he's done well as one of the more unheralded rookies coming out last season....I'm happy that you grew an inch in height....it actually surprised me as I looked at your profile last season (6'5") and the current rosters (6'6")....nice to see :P

Doodle wrote:Nice NLSC recap, and the Jxuusa story is very intriguing, keep up the great work and i cant wait until im apart of that group

every NLSC-er has a story and shroud of mystique surrounding them :cool:

on a side note to Sit, I start back at bball next Wednesday....they put me in a lower division since I haven't played in a while but can earn my way up next season depending on how I go....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:41 pm

25, 5 and 5 baby! Hell Yes, against Weaver! And a block too! Must have rejected Hakis good! haha Yep.. Seraph, I'm coming at cha!

Side note back to X.. Good stuff! I'm happy for ya! Just found out that Uni offers social basketball... u can give me more info on that? Do we make our own teams and stuff?
Fresh8

Postby pHLo on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:35 am

man nice update and story abou J.Xu (Y)

unfortuneately i'm doin bad so far ^^ getting not too much minutes, i have to step my game up xD

but at least my team's good, 3rd in the wild wild west =D

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby zmac on Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:03 am

Nice work on the NLSC stats and so forth... (Y)
And also the player update is good
ImageImageImageImage
www.myspace.com/zmac24
zmac

Postby Seraph on Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:58 am

Awesome updated, I'm doing great in this dynasty, well in some dynasty I got to be good :evil:
Seraph

Postby BOSS on Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:22 am

Nice Story on jxuusa. Im suprised that my stats are quiet good for like a 3rd string SG.
BOSS

Postby Abctest123 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:57 am

The X wrote:PIC OF THE MONTH (NOVEMBER '07)

Nene really did step up during the month and showed his value to the team. Ferocious dunks like these didn't hurt either

ON THE FLIPSIDE

Whilst Stevie Franchise's tip dunk took the cake, I can't help but wonder if Marko Jaric misunderstood the coaching staff's visualisation techniques. Lay off the vodka Marko

lol, jaric looks so lost in that pic, hes about to be dunked on by his own teammate :lol:
Abctest123

Postby Drex on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:54 pm

Damn, this Dynasty is great (Y) Keep up the good work, X. And put me somewhere in a future draft :lol: Maybe for Live 06
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby The X on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:58 pm

Sit wrote:25, 5 and 5 baby! Hell Yes, against Weaver! And a block too! Must have rejected Hakis good! haha Yep.. Seraph, I'm coming at cha!

Side note back to X.. Good stuff! I'm happy for ya! Just found out that Uni offers social basketball... u can give me more info on that? Do we make our own teams and stuff?

yep, you did well....don't know who the heck you blocked....pHLo perhaps :lol:

as for the bball, uni I went to had a Premier team (was filled with pro and semi-pro players), there was an Under 23 team (had the elite young guys who were boardering on making the premier team) and then there was the Division 1 team (which I played for, it was open grade and was still a very good competitive league, imagine the top 1 or 2 players from each school minus the stars all playing in a league and that was it)....then there was the social grades....not too sure what they played that under, but knowing social bball there are probably a couple of divisions depending on how good your team is.....and generally you do make your own teams....although, if you're like me and a random, then you just rock up and join a random team....

pHLo wrote:man nice update and story abou J.Xu (Y)

unfortuneately i'm doin bad so far ^^ getting not too much minutes, i have to step my game up xD

but at least my team's good, 3rd in the wild wild west =D

you are the team's future, not it's present....Steve Nash is the team's starting PG at the moment, although he's getting old....

zmac wrote:Nice work on the NLSC stats and so forth... (Y)
And also the player update is good

cheers

Seraph wrote:Awesome updated, I'm doing great in this dynasty, well in some dynasty I got to be good :evil:

yep, at this rate you'll be the 1st baller inducted into the NLSC-ers' Hall of Fame....although you do need to get Kobe on track and get some W's before you can think that :wink:

Initial D wrote:Nice Story on jxuusa. Im suprised that my stats are quiet good for like a 3rd string SG.

you ain't a 3rd string SG mate....you are a 2nd string SG....you are the team's 6th man and Ray Allen's primary backup :wink:

drunkmofo123 wrote:
The X wrote:PIC OF THE MONTH (NOVEMBER '07)

Nene really did step up during the month and showed his value to the team. Ferocious dunks like these didn't hurt either

ON THE FLIPSIDE

Whilst Stevie Franchise's tip dunk took the cake, I can't help but wonder if Marko Jaric misunderstood the coaching staff's visualisation techniques. Lay off the vodka Marko

lol, jaric looks so lost in that pic, hes about to be dunked on by his own teammate :lol:

:? I don't see how you see that :? Stevie Francis is on the other team :?

Drex wrote:Damn, this Dynasty is great (Y) Keep up the good work, X. And put me somewhere in a future draft :lol: Maybe for Live 06

get your cyberface together and you can be in it for live '06 :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:03 pm

hmmm....interesting development guys....I have Live '06 in front of me ready to be installed....this provides an interesting dilemma for my much loved Live '05 dynasty....I really didn't expect the game to come out on PC in Oz until early November so I figured I could finish the '07/08 season and playoffs (and hopefully win it all), and then add in the 2 new NLSC players and then sim each season once the Live '06 came out and just update it....

now knowing that I will probably want to start a dynasty (maybe Bobcats, not sure yet) in Live '06, the dilemma kicks in....I might move across all the cyberfaces from live '05 into live '06 and we can all be in rookie class of '06 in my new dynasty....if that is possible with the patching, but hopefully it will be....

support has been great, so part of me wants to keep this one going, but I know that I already have very little free time as it is so 2 active dynasties is definitely out of the question....

any comments guys?!?

cheers
X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby brad feet on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:40 pm

really? it's here in OZ now? that's great news X....... i'm gonna rush tom lunch break at the mall near the office...... hehehehe....... by the way, where did you get it? EB Games?

regarding your dynasty, just keep the live'05 goin until you got the rosters and patches you want for 06 fix.... just a suggestion though........
brad feet

Postby Jing on Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:27 am

import it over!
i need to order it, cause i just got my new laptop yesterday
Jing

Postby Devin112 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:43 am

You lucky aussies!!! Good luck man, if this is it for your 05 then it's been a great run. You put in a lot of work and it shows.

But you can stick with it, just move over when the time is right. Like being fashionably late to a show.
Devin112

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:32 am

X.. I reakon sim 05 and play 06...

Thats wat I think at least...
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame