X's Bobcats Dynasty '07/08 (NBA Live 2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby The X on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:25 pm

PIC OF THE MONTH

In probably his last game for the Bobcats and in the NBA before he retires, Steve Smith was given the ball for the last 24 seconds in the 'Cats loss to the Wizards. Seconds after this pic was taken, Smitty pulled up and drilled one final 3. A classy finish to a classy career. If you decide to go Smitty, we will all miss you.

:applaud:

Steve Smith's 2004/05 Season:

6.7ppg, 94.3% FT (3rd in NBA)
3.39 Raw Birdie Pts
2.05 Weighted Birdie Pts
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:29 pm

hmmm....guess my summary went a little longer than I expected....

either way, in the coming week or so expect the following:
- Season Review (incl. Final Standings, League Leaders, Awards, etc)
- Playoff Preview
- Mock Draft

After playoffs are finished I'll do a quick recap of playoffs since I'm not involved in them, then I'll have some off-season coverage (Draft Lottery, Draft, Free Agency, etc)....

EDIT: Will also update Record Book, BPMM Leaderboard and History/Honour Roll (all on page 1 of dynasty) ASAP

as always cheers for the views....got any advice on who I should pick up in free agency or trade for, let me know....

X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Seraph on Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:00 am

excellent writting bro....
I will send your picks to somebody else to see if they can make your CFace (Y)
Seraph

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:33 pm

...from the annals of the 2005 Birdie Project: (info)
The X's Bobcats 2004-05 end of season Birdie Breakdown:

Emeka burdened much of the load in the inaugural Bobcat season and ranaway with the team MVP honors with a weighted Birdie score of 20.68- and his 'reversible' Live Card is enabled.

'reversible Live Card preview':

Sympathetic to this young franchise..:
This Dynasty is currently ranked #18 on the 2005 Birdie Board.
(Constantly improving though!)

For the complete 'Birdie Breakdown' AND to see Okafor's ' reversible' Live Card click here.

The X: Sorry about skipping your 3-quarter season breakdown. I'll make it up to you soon enough. Good look in the off season and I'm looking for to seeing who you draft! Thanks for alllll your support.. Coming soon..the Dynasty Synopsis module!
HonorGlow

Postby The X on Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:05 pm

Seraph wrote:excellent writting bro....
I will send your picks to somebody else to see if they can make your CFace

Cheers, whatever you or anyone else can do is great....I'll probably try and teach myself how to do one if I get time....

and Honor, yeah, Emeka carried the team....I'm looking forward to adding some offensive ability to this team....I will definitely be showing Keith Bogans the door as he only had a birdie score of 3.70 as a starter :shake:
if you need anymore help with Livedynasty just let me know, and let me know if you got Nuggets Live '04 pstats....

X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:31 pm

OKAFOR TRUMPS ALL TO TAKE TEAM MVP HONOURS

With a total of 115 points, rookie Emeka Okafor bolted away from the rest of the team to earn the inaugural Bobby Phills Memorial Medallion for 2004/05.

The final standings at the conclusion of the 2004/05 season were:

1st - F/C- Emeka Okafor (115pts)
2nd - F/G- Gerald Wallace (56pts)
3rd - C- Primo Brezec (50pts)
4th - G- Keith Bogans (36pts)
5th - G- Brevin Knight (24pts)
6th - F/C- Melvin Ely (19pts)
7th - G/F- Steve Smith (16pts)
8th - F/G- Jason Kapono (14pts)
9th - G- Eddie House (10pts)
10th= - G- Jason Hart (3pts)
10th= - C- J. White (3pts)
12th= - G- C. Alexander (1pt)
12th= - F- Theron Smith (1pt)

Congrats to Emeka Okafor, the 2004/05 winner of the Bobby Phills Memorial Medallion.

:applaud:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:13 pm

Hold on a minute...is the Bobby Phills Memorial Award based on adding all four breakdowns together from the season?

...I think you just gave me an idea :wink:

Please let me know how you got those scores...that rocks!
HonorGlow

Postby The X on Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:29 pm

HonorGlow wrote:Hold on a minute...is the Bobby Phills Memorial Award based on adding all four breakdowns together from the season?

...I think you just gave me an idea :wink:

Please let me know how you got those scores...that rocks!

sorry Honour, see page 1 of thread for details on it....it's basically me giving points for best 3 players on the court for each game....it should actually come as no surprise that my individual scoring of the players for each game strongly correlates to the final Birdie Score....the birdie scores do show each player's contribution to their team....

if it's the idea I'm thinking it is, then it has to be done....let me know what you have in mind....

damn I'm good....just call me a Muse or a Master Muse :bowdown: :mrt:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:08 pm

So I decided to take my 1st Saturday off drinking this year to save a little $$$'s and I just couldn't be bothered. So I finally gave my own cyberface a shot. It took me about 3 hours or so, I had to download all the programs, and had to use a cyberface tutorial on dotorg. It took a lot of tweaking and I couldn't get it perfect but it's pretty solid for a 1st attempt I'd say.

Here it is:

The cyberface was based on this pic (which is almost 2 years old now but only closeup pic I had):

No criticism please as it's my 1st attempt. If anyone wants to improve it they can, but I'm pretty happy with it. I will be using it in my dynasty (potential draftee Andrew Watson) and I will send it to Seraph, MicchyBoy and Cocobee for their dynasties....if anyone else wants it for their dynasties, then please let me know....

the file is in .fsh format, so I'm assuming that the correct format, right guys?!?

:chug:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby 'Melo on Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:52 pm

I can make you(I have nothing to do on weekends) And also any one who needs a cyberface for dynasties please PM me! (Y) (BTW Cocobee, Micchy I'll send you guys my new CF)
'Melo

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:00 am

:wink:

okay guys, I'll see what Melo can do....if it's an improvement (which is 99.9999% most probably gonna be) then I'll use Melo's one....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby 'Melo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:15 pm

Heres a preview of X: :wink:

I'm pretty happy how it turned out :wink:
'Melo

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:25 pm

cheers.....doesn't really look like me much (I haven't receeded that much haha).....but after putting my cyberface in the game, it came out horrible so yours is definately better.....

can you send me the cyberface you have done for me plus the one you've done for yourself plus profile details etc.....

cheers,
X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:05 pm

SEASON REVIEW

We all know it was a tough season for the Bobcats, but now it is time to recap the NBA season it was for the 2004/05 season. Let's start with how each division ended up.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHWEST DIVISION

The Northwest was a deep division, like much of the West, with the worst team Utah ending with a .431 clip. However disappointingly, only the Minnesota Timberwolves were able to advance through to the playoffs, securing the 3rd seed courtesy of winning the division.

The team that has to feel the most hard done by is the Denver Nuggets who didn't qualify for the playoffs despite finishing with a 31-27 record, which would have been good enough for a 4th seed in the East. In the off-season the team re-tooled its by adding all-star forward Kenyon Martin. Unfortunately the team lost Voshon Lenard before the season started to injury and he didn't return until April, by which point it was too late to catch the T'wolves.

Portland and Utah just didn't have the team chemistry throughout the season to compete against the elite of the West, and subsequently will not play past April. It is Seattle who should rue the missed opportunity of another season. The Sonics bolted out to a Conference-best 6-1 start to the season behind the stellar play of Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. Whilst Allen and Rashard Lewis continued at All-Star level, they could not support the rest of the team's mediocre performances.

I expect this division to be more competitive in the West next season as the Nuggets and Jazz continue to gel and improve. As for the Blazers and Sonics, I reckon their rosters need to be worked on in the off-season.

PACIFIC DIVISION

Despite a late injury to Peja Stojakovic which could cause problems in the playoffs, the Kings were able to hold off the Lakers to take the division and the No. 2 seed in the 1st Round. The irony is that these two teams will meet in the 1st Round. With the injury to Peja that will keep him out for the series, this pacific matchup should be a scorcher.

Phoenix ended with a 27-31 record which was a pretty good result considering the slow start they got to the season. I am expecting much better things from the Suns in 05/06. The Warriors ended the season a very disappointing 25-33. Considering that they were in the playoff picture around the All-Star break, it is gloomy days for Warriors fans. Expect those days to continue unless something drastic happens in the off-season. Finally the LA Clippers return to their place as the doormats of the West. Nothing more needs to be said about the Lakers' poor cousins.

SOUTHWEST DIVISION

The Southwest division was unbelievable as all five teams in the division qualified for the playoffs. The Memphis Grizzlies hold the No. 1 seed throughout the playoffs as they beat the streaking Spurs on a tiebreaker for the honour. Both teams are legitimate championship contenders, and anything less than a title will be a disappointing result, especially for the Spurs.

The Mavericks once again scorched through the regular season but can they deliver in the playoffs. Only time will tell. The Houston Rockets' dynamic duo of T-Mac and Yao has gone from strength-to-strength and will provide a tough 1st Round matchup for the T'wolves. Finally the Hornets, in their 1st season in the West, managed to hold onto the No. 8 seed and will matchup against division rivals, the Memphis Grizzlies.

The West was strong as per usual. Things weren't so merry out East.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION

Boston was the lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal showing from the Atlantic pretenders. They had a 6-2 record in the division and secured the No. 2 seed in the East. The C's will be joined in the post-season by arch-enemies, the New York Knicks, who only needed a 28-30 record to secure a No. 5 seed.

For Toronto, Philadelphia and New Jersey, there seasons are over and they should stay that way. A shame for them that there is not much available in the draft of in free agency. Ah well, at least with a healthy Jason Kidd for the entire season, the Nets should return to the playoffs next season.

CENTRAL DIVISION

The Central Division was the East's strongest, although that isn't saying much. Two quality teams (Detroit and Cleveland) have moved forward with the No. 1 and 4 seeds respectively, and one young up-and-coming team (Chicago) made a late charge to secure the No. 7 seed and a matchup with the Celtics. All three of these teams appears to have bright futures.

The same can't be said about Milwaukee who finish at the bottom of the Central Division with a 25-33 record, and face the prospect of losing Michael Redd to free agency. I'll give the Pacers the benefit of the doubt this season as they played without O'Neal, S-Jax and Ron Artest until April. By the time they rejoined the team, the season was over. There's always next year boys, as long as you can keep your cool. Listening to me Ronnie?!? :furious:

SOUTHEAST DIVISION

I don't even want to discuss this one but I guess we have to. Firstly it's a disgrace that the Heat, with a losing record (28-30), can hold the No. 3 seed in the 1st Round. The only saving grace is that they will meet the overachieving Atlanta Hawks (27-31) in the 1st Round. Shaq carried the Heat and 'Toine carried the Hawks. It is as simple as that.

Orlando Magic scrapped into the No. 8 seed but will be out in 3 games. At least Grant Hill provided the fairy tale story in O-Town that could have easily have been made into a Disney movie. The Wizards plain sucked, and they were the worst team in the league, outside of the expansion Bobcats. Which leads us to the Bobcats, who actually did better than expected with their dodgy roster. At least Emeka Okafor has a bright future though and they can build around him.

Why we had to end on this division, I do not know. That is how the teams stacked up over the 58 game season. Now it's time for the business end of the season.
Last edited by The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:28 pm

SEASON REVIEW (cont'd)

We've checked out the teams, now onto individual leaders as we check out the League Leaders for the 2004/05 season.

SCORING TITLE

Ray Allen blitzed the rest of the field to run away with the 2004/05 scoring title, as he averaged 27.9ppg for the Seattle Supersonics. This is Ray Allen's 1st career scoring title. Antoine Walker, of the Atlanta Hawks, was the next closest, as he averaged 25.6ppg.

LEADING BOARDSMEN

Shaq finally did what his coaches thought he should do for his whole career, and that is to lead the league in rebounds. He carried the Heat to the No. 3 seed, and his 13.8rpg definitely helped the cause for the Heat. He had a serious challenge from Bobcats' rookie Emeka Okafor, who averaged 13.0rpg.

LEADING HELPERS

Assists didn't translate into wins for the top few assists leaders. Suns' PG Steve Nash led the league with 7.7apg, but failed to lead them into the post-season. Knicks' PG Stephon Marbury and 76ers' PG Allen Iverson were 2nd and 3rd, with 7.6apg and 7.5apg respectively.

LEADING PESTS

He missed half the season to injury, however that didn't stopped Kidd from providing headaches to opposing offensive players, as he led the league with 2.15spg. He beat out Baron Davis of the Hornets (2.09spg) and Doug Christie of the Kings (2.05spg).

LEADING FLYSWATTERS

Spurs' star Tim Duncan was as good as ever on the defensive end on his way to 2.21bpg, beating out rookie Emeka Okafor (2.10bpg) and Yao (2.02bpg).

BEST FROM FIELD

2nd year Cavs forward Sasha Pavlovic was the most efficient from the field as he shot a league-best 58.5% for the sesaon. He beat out the improving Melvin Ely of the Bobcats (56.7%) and Chris Mihm of the Lakers (55.8%).

BEST 3PT MARKSMAN

Constant criticism of his lack of 3pt range led to Pistons' swingman Rip Hamilton working on that shot over the off-season. It looks like it has paid off as he led the league in 3pt proficiency as he shot an immaculate 53.1%. Raptors forward Lamond Murray was the only other player to hit more than half of his shots from behind the arc (50.9%). Nuggets' forward Rodney White was next best at 45.2%.

BEST FROM LINE

Despite missing over the last month of the season, Kings' forward Peja Stojakovic was able to stay atop of the best FT shooters in the league with his 94.7% clip. He narrowly beat out Bucks' guard Erick Strickland (94.4%) and the Bobcats' veteran guard Steve Smith (94.3%).

MR. DURACELL (HE JUST KEEPS GOING & GOING)

Just how heavily did the Hawks rely on All-Star Antoine Walker. Well, he averaged a league-high 43.6mpg. No time for rest in Atlanta for its stars as fellow all-star Al Harrington was 2nd in the league with 41.7mpg. The Heat needed the ageing Shaquille O'Neal to log 41.4mpg to make it into the playoffs.
Last edited by The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:29 pm

Expect playoff previews, playoff results and award recipients in the next couple of days.

X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:42 pm

Nice work bro!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Micchy_boy on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:50 pm

nice season reviews...

i will wait for your next update...
i will send you my cyberface but i'm also trying to make a new one....
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby SkipToMy_Lou on Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:49 pm

Good work on the season review (Y)
Play the game, win the fight!
SkipToMy_Lou

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:18 pm

cheers for compliments guys....3 replies in a row....damn, that's a new record for this dynasty :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:13 pm

GO DETROIT GO!!!!!!

No offense to Mr. Ray Allen but Allen Iverson should be ripping the Points Per Game apart, Comon whats he been doing this whole Season making another Rap Album.

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:21 pm

END OF YEAR AWARDS

It's that time of year again, when the NBA's elite gets recognised. It's Awards time, and we'll start off with the big one, the 2004/05 NBA MVP Award.

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

In a huge one-year turnaround, Antoine Walker has gone from goat to hero. Walker was traded to the lowly Atlanta Hawks for Jason Terry prior to the 2004/05 season. Many thought this would be a chance for Walker to resurrect his career, and that he has. Walker led Atlanta to their 1st playoff appearance in many seasons. He had a career year averaging 25.6ppg (2nd in NBA), 11.5rpg (7th in NBA), 4.6apg, 1.19spg and 1.17bpg in 43.6mpg (1st in NBA). This former EA coverboy has finally got the monkey off his back and become the player that many thought he could be. It should be interesting to see how far 'Toine can lead the Hawks in the post-season.

ALL-NBA 1st TEAM

The All-NBA 1st Team is lead by Shaq in the pivot as he returned to MVP form in leading the thin Miami Heat to the No. 3 seed in the Eastern playoffs. The forwards include MVP Antoine Walker of the Hawks and Raptors' skywalker, Vince Carter. The 'Toine inclusion is obvious, but it is surprising to see Carter make the 1st team. Carter did put up big numbers, but he did so on a losing team. The 1st team is capped off by Sonics' guard Ray Allen, who led the league in scoring, and Suns' PG Steve Nash who led the league in assists, as well as having a career year in the scoring department (20.1ppg).

ALL-NBA 2nd TEAM

Brad Miller (Sacramento) beats out Yao for the C spot on the All-NBA 2nd Team. He had another great year, but this one is a big surprise. The forwards are Kevin Garnett (Minnesota) and Rashard Lewis (Seattle) who had a career year. Tim Duncan (San Antonio) got the snub as he didn't get a spot in either of the All-NBA teams. The guards were the phenom Lebron James (Cleveland) and Stephon Marbury (New York). Looks like Stephon is not the best PG in the NBA. :lol:

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Kevin Garnett had another superb year for the Timberwolves. With his long arms and energetic approach on the defensive end, it should come as no surprise that Kevin Garnett has just earnt his 1st Defensive Player of the Year Award. Garnett beat out Shaq and Kirilenko for the award.

ALL-DEFENSIVE 1st TEAM

Shaq completes the double as he also named for the All-Defensive 1st Team. He is joined by Defensive Player of the Year Kevin Garnett and Jazz forward Andrei "AK47" Kirilenko. The guards are Kings' stopper Doug Christie and 1st-timer Pacers' PG Jamaal Tinsley.

ALL-DEFENSIVE 2nd TEAM

It is no surprise that Bruce Bowen (SAS) made another All-Defensive 2nd team. As it is no surprise that Kenyon Martin (Den) gets a spot. Although it is a surprise that he beat out Tim Duncan (SAS) for it. The big shock was Celtics' bum big man Mark Blount being named to the team. I think I have now seen everything. Other 1st timers included guards Tracy McGrady (Hou) and Baron Davis (NOH).

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Not since Tim Duncan entered the NBA as a seasoned college vet as a rookie bigman had such an impact in his 1st season. Well it's happened again, as the expansion Bobcats hit it big with the No. 2 pick Emeka Okafor, out of UConn. Though it was a long season for the lowly Bobcats, Okafor provided the bright spot as he averaged a double-double for the season (18.5ppg, 13.0rpg), earnt an invite to the Rookie-Sophomore Game and became the 1st Rookie since Tim Duncan to get voted in by the coaches as a rookie for the All-Star Game. Emeka Okafor was 2nd in the NBA in rebounding (13.0rpg) and in blocks (2.10bpg). Expect big things from Okafor in the future.

ALL-ROOKIE 1st TEAM

This crop of rookies wasn't suppose to have an immediate impact, however five such rookies did. They were Emeka Okafor (Charlotte), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia), Ben Gordon (Chicago), Dwight Howard (Orlando) and David Harrison (Indiana).

ALL-ROOKIE 2nd TEAM

The All-Rookie 2nd Team includes rookies who have shown flashes of their potentials and will look to expand on their rookie seasons next year. The team includes Loul Deng (Chicago), Josh Childress (Atlanta), Andre Nocioni (Chicago), Jameer Nelson (Orlando) and Shawn Livingston (LA Clippers).

SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR

Bucks' swingman Desmond Mason has been one of the top 6th men in the league for a few years now. But he is finally getting his due credit as he was awarded with the Sixth Man of the Year Award. Mason plays with high energy on both ends of the court and if he continues to work on his shooting his game could step to the next level.

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Hmmm....I think the NBA Office got it wrong here. This sounds more like Comeback Player of the Year. Indeed Mavs' swingman Jerry Stackhouse had a great season and revived his career, but I'd considered this more of a comeback season rather than Most Improved. Ah well, until they change it, we'll stick with it. Well done Jerry.

COACH OF THE YEAR

The final award goes to Grizzlies' coach Hubie Brown, who fought through health problems to lead the deep and improving Grizzlies to an NBA best record of 41-17, which included an NBA best 24-5 record on the road, and home-court advantage throughout the playoffs.

That's this year's awards. Tune in for playoff information and predictions.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:25 pm

R3MO wrote:GO DETROIT GO!!!!!!

No offense to Mr. Ray Allen but Allen Iverson should be ripping the Points Per Game apart, Comon whats he been doing this whole Season making another Rap Album.

Yep, Detroit is looking good in the East, I'm predicting them to go all the way and win it all.

As for Allen Iverson, he had an absolutely terrible season. Abysmal is a nice word. He did pass the rock a bit more (7.5apg - 3rd in NBA), but basically he tanked the season. Here's hoping he turns it around next season.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:34 pm

PLAYOFF TREE

ImageImage
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:36 pm

Iverson......... Pass........... Whats this world comming to, JUST SHOOT THE BALL IVERSON HOG IT HOG IT!!!

man Big Ben should have got Defensive Player, Hes slacking.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame