Micchy Boy's Lakers Dynasty (Lakers @ Bucks Game Recap)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby PRoPuLsiOnDJ on Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:17 pm

I'm loving this dynasty. Keep it up (Y)
PRoPuLsiOnDJ

Postby Andre on Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:15 pm

c'mon...give us another update!!! (Y)
Andre

Postby Donte Thomas on Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:15 pm

Andre wrote:c'mon...give us another update!!! (Y)

no! just start the damn dynasty already.
Donte Thomas

Postby Micchy_boy on Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:38 am

Donte Thomas wrote:
Andre wrote:c'mon...give us another update!!! (Y)

no! just start the damn dynasty already.

as much as i want to start to play, i can't coz i'm busy right now, some business matter. sorry guys we know the saying "Business first before pleasure".

ow by the way im finished with my off-season so if i have time i will play the games and after i finished those business i'l post it here. pls be patient.

More soon.....
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby HonorGlow on Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:11 am

(I know people are getting sick of me asking this) but since you did finish that 03-04 season, can I get your PSTAT file from the end of the regular season? I'd like to see how is stands up to the other Dynasties as your roster is pretty much unaltered!

...remember it's emocore@polarcomm.com

Keep up the Awesome ...and of course Realistic work!
HonorGlow

Postby C89KF on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:46 am

shouldn't it be the same as the NBA efficiency ratings since the stats from his season is the same?
C89KF

Postby The Game on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:12 pm

good job firing kupchak (Y)
should i expect a deal for Jason Kidd soon? :wink:
The Game

Postby HonorGlow on Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:16 am

airkobetmacbigticket wrote:shouldn't it be the same as the NBA efficiency ratings since the stats from his season is the same?

The formula for the efficiency rating on NBA.com is slightly different from the Birdie formula PLUS... it's just nice to have the Pstat file and it's format.

IN addition, I'll me making a hybrid formula of the birdie formula and the Sporting News formula.

Micchy_boy, is it still possible to get that file from you?
HonorGlow

Postby Micchy_boy on Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:42 pm

Mailman returns

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct 19 -- Karl Malone became Lakers again just 2 weeks before the start of NBA 2004-05 season. This was a big but a great surprise for all Lakers fans. Per team policy, financial terms of the agreement were not released but were a told a one-year deal.

His agent, Dwight Manley, said Malone contacted him Friday night and was impressed how the Lakers rosters were shaping up. Since GM Micchy take over, they got a quality point guard, a former All-star forward and 2 promising players.

Manley also said that Malone informed him that the very first move of GM Micchy after taking over the GM post was to call him. “I called him (Malone) and said what my outlook for the team and said that he was one of the vital parts of it,” GM Micchy said

“That was good start for us, just hearing that from him make me fell I was needed, wanted,” Malone said.

Malone joined the Lakers 2 years ago, signing a two-year contract with a player option for the second year. He earned $1.5 million last season and exercised his option last summer. He just turned 41 this summer and is the second-leading scorer in NBA history. He missed 39 games after tearing a ligament in his right knee last December, and injured the same knee again in the playoffs.

In summer he met with doctors and have MRIs done on both legs, specifically his right leg. After that he undergoes therapy while measuring the possibilities of retirement. There were also some speculations that he will follow Shaq in Miami and another that he will join the Spurs.

Kobe, after hearing the news, was so ecstatic. “He was like a big brother to me. Having him, definitely the best power forward in NBA history, will be a big plus for us. I’m excited!!!, I can’t wait for the season to start,” said Bryant before giving a big smile to the media.
Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:44 pm

Lakers - A Team on A Mission

THE STARTING FIVE
Image Image Image
---------Vlade Divac-----------------Karl Malone-----------------Lamar Odom-----------------
Image Image
Kobe Bryant---------------Damon Stoudamire

THE SUPPORTING CAST
Image Image Image
---------Chris Mihm-----------------Brian Grant-----------------Caron Butler-----------------
Image Image
Kareem Rush---------------Chucky Atkins

Image Image Image
---------Primoz Brezec-----------------Vin Baker-----------------Luke Walton-----------------
Image Image
Kyle Korver---------------Sasha Vujacic

Look! Eleven new players, that’s a one team line-up. Not to mention a new coach and a new GM. No dominant player, the best coach in NBA, no defensive all-star guard. From a superstar-studded team to a future lottery team as many would say. But if we just look closely, they got a very good team. They got sole franchise player and a secondary superstar. They also have lots of complementary players that will help each other every night. And if you compare this team from last year, this team has a deep bench. And a team with no expectations and nothing to lose but every players have something to prove.
Last edited by Micchy_boy on Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:01 am

LAKERS TO OPEN SEASON AGAINST DENVER

Image VS Image

Nov. 1, 2004

The Lakers will defend its Western conference title as they open the 2004-05 season against last year no.8 seed Denver.

This will feature two teams that have contrasting off-seasons. The Denver has an intact roster from last year with few players gone. But the big news was a guy name K-mart. He was acquired by Nuggets from the Nets without giving up any players. On the other hand the Lakers was a complete different team, parading 11 new guys and will miss 2 of the fab four from the star-studded lakers (Shaq and GP) and will have a not yet 100% Malone.

It will also be marked as the first game of Coach Rudy T as a Lakers coach as well a Micchy Boy as GM. "We’ll I have a mixed feeling about it. I’m excited and a little bit of nervous, said GM Micchy.

I hope my guys will execute what we have done through out the summer. I know they haven’t adjusted well to my system but as I said to them that we take it one day at a time”. I just don’t want to give any pressure to my guys, Coach Rudy T said.

The Lakers will start the season with Malone questionable for this opening night. If Malone will not play, except B.Grant and Baker to play more in that position.

Tonight's Key Matchup:
Nuggets’ Power Forwards vs. Lakers’ Power Forward

It’s Malone/Baker and B. Grant on one side and K-Mart and Nene on the other. Youth vs. Experience. Athleticism against Knowledge of the Game. Lakers duo were more of a defensive tandem but don’t be surprise to see Malone, Grant or Baker to put big number in scoring. K-mart and Nene are offensive and explosive player that will not only give you points in stats sheet but energy and excitement to their teammate. This will definitely a great match-up.

Probable Starters:

Los Angeles Lakers (Last Season Stats)
C-Vlade Divac- (6.6 PPG, 4.9 RPG)
PF-Brian Grant- (7.1 PPG, 8.6 RPG)
SF-Lamar Odom- (16.8 PPG, 8.3 RPG)
SG-Kobe Bryant- (24,5 PPG, 5.5 APG)
PG-Damon Stoudamire- (13.4 PPG, 6.1 APG)

Denver Nuggets (Last Season Stats)
C-Marcus Camby- (12.6 PPG, 11.4 RPG)
PF-Kenyon Martin- (19.1 PPG, 11 RPG)
SF-Carmelo Anthony- (15.0 PPG, 8.3 RPG)
SG-Voshon Lenard- (17.0 PPG, 2.4 APG)
PG-Andre Miller- (15.4 PPG, 3.2 APG)
Micchy_boy

Postby mp3 on Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:37 am

This has been the best offseason report ive ever seen :D
Happy that the its game time.

I think the Lakers will run away with this one, should be an interesting matchup

Goodluck (Y)
mp3

Postby Micchy_boy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:51 am

mp3 wrote:This has been the best offseason report ive ever seen :D

I think the Lakers will run away with this one, should be an interesting matchup

Goodluck (Y)

Actually i finished playing this but im too lazy to type and think about game recap. i will playing my second game its against utah (my schedule is more likely the same in 2004-05 season schedule)

Edited: Just wanna say its only 5 minutes here in Phil and it will be my birthday!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micchy_boy

Postby Andre on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:58 am

Happy birthday!

This has been the best offseason report ive ever seen

agree. Good job :applaud:
Andre

Postby thaKEAF on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:23 am

Happy birthday and congrats on the franchise so far, it's been good.

Although as a Sixers fan I'd kill Billy King if he traded Korver for Jones. :wink:
thaKEAF

Postby Micchy_boy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:55 pm

Lakers Win Their Season Opener.

Lakers is definitely Kobe’s team, that’s what we saw last night.

The superstar guard scored 14 of his 25 on the 4th quarter and made a close game into a blowout. From 65-62 lead at the start of the quarter, Lakers made a 12-2 run to make it a 77-64 tally and even make it a big 20 point lead.

Bryant fly high in the 4th quarter.

Lakers survived a bad start, trailing 0-9 in the early going, before Odom and Divac orchestrated 14-3 run. And at the end of 1st quarter were leading by two. The next 2 quarters showed both teams just trading baskets. Several lead changes with lead not more that 6 points.

"It was great win for us, a right start for the team," Bryant said.

Bryant struggled early in the game but do other things for the team, rebounding, passing and even few great defensive plays. Bryant finished 10-of-16, finishing with 25 points. He made all 4 of his free throws and had eight rebounds and five assists. .

“Everybody knew it’s his team (Bryant). He’s a natural-born leader. We are here just to support him.” Grant said

Kenyon Martin had 20 points and Andre Miller added 16 for Denver. But Carmelo Anthony was held to only 13 point and got nothing from Nene, who struggling playing coming from the bench.

"We couldn't get any stops in the fourth quarter," Nuggets coach Bzdelik said. "And we didn't have the rhythm to do anything offensively in that stretch. But I give credit to Lakers defensive adjustment in 4th quarter."

Odom carry the team in the early going.

Lamar Odom added 18 points and Divac and Stoudamire had 11 apiece for Lakers. Karl Malone did not play last night.

ImageImage
ImageImage

TEAM STATS

PLAYERS
Last edited by Micchy_boy on Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Micchy_boy

Postby Dogg on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:31 pm

Helluva good dynasty so far... :cool:
and happy birthday...my birthday is olso in 31rd august :lol:
how old are you now?
Dogg

Postby Micchy_boy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:42 pm

Dogg wrote:Helluva good dynasty so far... :cool:
and happy birthday...my birthday is olso in 31rd august :lol:
how old are you now?

happy birthday too.

Are the Lakers for Real???

ImageVSImage

After winning their first game of the season, the Los Angeles Lakers will fly to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Jazz, another team which vastly improved compare to last year. The Jazz will parade a very awesome frontline with the newly- acquired duo of Memo Okur and controversial forward Carlos Boozer plus a versatile player in Andrei Kirilenko.

“I hope we can duplicate our last night win but I know it will not that easy,” said Coach Rudy T.

“After our practice yesterday, I watched the Nuggets-Lakers game. Lakers seems more quick and athletics compared to the Lakers I met in the Finals,” Memo said.

Also this game will feature a homecoming for Malone, who spent 18 years playing for the Jazz before signing with Lakers to chase for a championship ring. He will still be questionable but a source said that Malone will play tonight against his former team.

“I hate watching from the sideline, I want to play, my body said I can play,” Malone said with a smile

Tonight's Key Matchup:
Lamar Odom vs. Andrei Kirilenko

This match-up will feature two versatile forward in NBA today. Both Odom and Kirilenko can play multiple positions, can score anywhere in the court, can rebound, pass and play good defense. Odom, coming from 18 points and 5 assist performance while AK47 will be fresh from the pre-season games. Whoever wins this match-up will definitely give his team a big chance to win the game.

Probable Starters:

Lakers (Season Stats)
C-Vlade Divac- (11 PPG, 5 RPG)
PF-Brian Grant- (8 PPG, 9 RPG)
SF-Lamar Odom- (18 PPG, 2 RPG)
SG-Kobe Bryant- (25 PPG, 5 APG)
PG-Damon Stoudamire- (11 PPG)

Jazz (Last Season Stats)
C-Memo Okur- (9.6 PPG, 5.9 RPG)
PF-Carlos Boozer- (15.5 PPG, 11.4 RPG)
SF-Andrei Kirilenko- (16.5 PPG, 8.1 RPG)
SG-Gordon Giricek- (11.3 PPG, 1.7 APG)
PG-Carlos Arroyo- (12.6 PPG, 5.0 APG)
Last edited by Micchy_boy on Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:58 pm

i'm about to play my 3rd game, against the Spurs and i'm about to post thr game recap of my lal-utah game. but i like to see some comments first. is my game preview and game recap okey??? if not what should i need to add or do. pls post comments, good or bad so i can improve this dynasty, thanks!!!

Edited:Seems like no one want to make comments :(
Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:20 am

oopps double post i delete the first, the second will be the game recap of Lakers-Utah game. pls post some comment
Last edited by Micchy_boy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Micchy_boy

Postby Micchy_boy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:26 am

LAKERS 1-2 Punch

Kareem and Magic, Shaq and Kobe, and now Kobe and Odom. Bryant and Odom both score 20 points to lead the Lakers to 87-76 victory over the Utah Jazz.

Bryant shooting helped Lakers to keep the lead.

Lakers had a big start and never trail the contest. After leading by 2 in the half, Lakers made a big run and take a 13 point lead. At the start of 4th quarter, Boozer defense and Okur scoring helped the Jazz trimmed the lead to 5 but that was the closest they got. After that Bryant take over again as he made the lead back in double digits.

"I thought our screen-and-roll defense was very adequate," Rudy T said. "We had a couple of lapses in the fourth quarter. There was a point in the game where it looked like they were going to overwhelm us, but Bryant stepped up and hit a few shots. And Grant kept controlling things."

Past and present, Malone and Boozer Jazz power forward.

Malone played his first game entering the ball game with 35 seconds left in 1st quarter. The Utah Jazz still love the Mailman and was giving a standing ovation as he enters the game. He scores 7 points in 11 minutes. This marked as first game since his rookie year that Malone didn’t start a game.

“It’s nice to be back here. I love this place and the people here,” Malone said after the game.

Odom and Kirilenko give fans a great duel.

As expected Odom and Kirilenko give the fans a good match-up. Odom added 4 rebounds and 7 assist while Kirilenko led the Jazz with his 15 points and 2 rebounds.

"Lamar played a wonderful game," said Lakers' first-year coach Rudy T.
Brian Grant chipped in only 6 point but have 11 big rebounds. Divac added 10 points and 6 rebounds. While Giricek had 10 points and Okur 14 points.

ImageImage
ImageImage

TEAM STATS

PLAYERS STATS

Note: Pls i badly need some comments. Is my game preview and recap okey??? do i need more pics or what?? pls post some comments pls pls pls. thanks for those who will comments. coz i really think my dynasty is not that good so i need some help.
Last edited by Micchy_boy on Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Micchy_boy

Postby Webb on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:01 am

the recaps are a bit short.
pre-game coverage is great, pics too.

and awesome scores!! what sliders do u use?
Webb

Postby Micchy_boy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:13 am

Webb wrote:the recaps are a bit short.
pre-game coverage is great, pics too.

and awesome scores!! what sliders do u use?

thanks bro. i appreciate your comment. i will try to make a longer recap.
by the way, my sliders was at the 1st page, my second post. it was based on ben's slider but heavily tweak.
Micchy_boy

Postby Mark. on Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:19 am

Yeah the recaps are a little short, talk about the important moments.

I notice in your box scores that, ur rebounding is a little low, not too bad, but do you run the game at a slow pace or something??
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Micchy_boy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:23 pm

match_66 wrote:Yeah the recaps are a little short, talk about the important moments.

I notice in your box scores that, ur rebounding is a little low, not too bad, but do you run the game at a slow pace or something??

thanks match_66. well about my rebouding, was it low, i always get rebounds like that. i hardly get a player get a 10 or more rebounds (even shaq in my dynasty before). my sliders in the first page but i think it something to do with my shoting and CPU percentage so i dont get too many rebounds. any help or advice you can give to make my rebounding go up high???
Micchy_boy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame