"Pictures are worth 1001 words" Dynasty OVER

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Jackal on Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:01 am

Ooh, ooh, ooh..since you lost, don't you think you need a worthy big man upfront?

(Trade for him dammit. :P )

Oh, not to be inconsiderate, I'm sorry you lost. :oops:
Jackal

Postby cocobee on Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:48 pm

PRE- DRAFT RUMOR MILL:

The Timberwolves today announced that they will trade
PF- Levi Wright (70 ovrl)
C-Sean May (70 ovrl)
SF- Wally Szczerbiak (ala free agency) (59 ovrl)

to

The New Orleans Hornet's:
*number 2 pick in the 2009 NBA draft
SF- Abraham Andrews (ovrl 61)
PF -Michael Ruffin (ovrl 48)

*GM of the Memphis Grizzlies, Jerry West announced that the team has not decided on there number one pick and told the media to "just wait till draft night".

* The 76ers are trying to move up from there #7 spot to nab PG sensation Donny Ward.

We need defense! We were exposed in the Playoffs--which meant Cocobee had to out score the other team for us to win. We need to help him out. Hopefully we will get Parker, but Jordan would help a lot as well. Stay tuned... :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby raptors6thman on Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:28 pm

sorry bout your loss bro. im sure you'll bounce back next season. why dont you sign thug, im sure he'll be useful for you.
raptors6thman

Postby Arcane on Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:16 pm

hell yeah this is gettin siker and siker plus im seeing alot of my stuff in this thread eg gunit spinner practice gears lovin it.....the g unit spinner turned out awesome ingame by that pic
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby idiot on Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:18 pm

you just... had to lose... and turn my prediction to shits..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

well... better luck next season cocobee :D (the player :proud: )
idiot

Postby Jackal on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Hmm...this is interesting.

Will you trade after the selections are made? If this is the case, I would pull back from the trade. That's if Parker goes first, you shouldn't give up your two big men for Jordan at the number 2 pick. Maybe you can work out another deal, but don't deal the big men for Jordan. Deal the bigmen if you're getting a big man (or 2) in return. You'll be exposed upfront..

Anyways, West has seen Bryant & Jordan (sr.) play, here's hoping he goes for Jordan Jr.

Wowie, that'll be nice team for the T-Wolves if they manage to get Parker. He could start off by being that defensive oomph the Wolves need whilst Cocobee tears it up & in due time..when Cocobee's all aged and ragged up ( :P ) Parker could be their leader. I like, I like.

Getting Jordan wouldn't be a bad thing...just not worth exposing yourself upfront. Work something else out for Jordan Jr.

Anyways, get the draft over with!! :D
Jackal

Postby cocobee on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:43 pm

raptors6thman wrote:sorry bout your loss bro. im sure you'll bounce back next season. why dont you sign thug, im sure he'll be useful for you.

I'd like too, but there seems to be a glitch because some free agents stay free agents throughout the season and nobody picks them up--I'm too far over the cap to pick up a decent player with a big salary.But--noone has picked up Thug (74 ovrl) or McCants (80 ovrl). There are other big names to that list too, last year a couple got picked up before the trade deadline.I hope EA fixes this for 2005. I might have to "dbf" Thug to a team.If noone picks him up.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:27 am

what is the news on what pick the rockets have?
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby HonorGlow on Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:02 am

Hey Cocobee, thanks for letting me know that Honor Glow made it to the US Olympic team! Believe me, he really feels proud!

Go USA...

and yes, go Lakers! Now lets bump off the wolves like we did back in '04!
HonorGlow

Postby The Big Racist on Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:25 am

I say get Jordan! He's better than his father was! MJ didn't need big men to win rings,so doesn't little MJ!

By the way,is Jeffrey Jordan really interested of basketball in real life?
The Big Racist

Postby Alcoholic on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:36 am

Yeah baby!

If I get drafted to Phil, we're gonna be championship contenders! Watch for the great defense I play against cocobee in the finals! Ha ha!
Last edited by Alcoholic on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alcoholic

Postby Jackal on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:02 am

Martin wrote:I say get Jordan! He's better than his father was! MJ didn't need big men to win rings,so doesn't little MJ!

It would be wiser to pick up Parker, the already have a Jordanesque player in Cocobee, he's more than enough.

Imagine Michael Jordan + Shaquille O'Neal.

It's the same as Cocobee + Parker.

Get Parker if available, if not, pick Jordan add him to the bigmen & ship him off to Memphis in exchange for Parker.

Jerry West isn't that dumb after all, he knows he'll benefit both ways if he picks Parker. A) He either gets a dominant big man or B) he gets Jordan + maybe a big man from the T-Wolves. :o
Jackal

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:03 am

By the way, I'll be adding players from this year's draft simply because more people have made there cyberfaces (thanks King James) and I'm not changing birthdates, just names. Plus I hate the generic cyberfaces. So if you see Luke Jackson or Kris Humphries, don't have a COW. I'm using there likeness. :wink:

what is the news on what pick the rockets have?

They have the 5th pick?

Hey Cocobee, thanks for letting me know that Honor Glow made it to the US Olympic team! Believe me, he really feels proud!

Go USA...

Cool, glad u like it.

I say get Jordan! He's better than his father was! MJ didn't need big men to win rings,so doesn't little MJ!

By the way,is Jeffrey Jordan really interested of basketball in real life?

Well Memphis has the first pick, they already have a good front line with Ji (7'3"0 and All Star PF /
JP Millete (95 ovrl)

Jeffery Jordan is 14 right now (2004) and plays basketball, and from what I've read is pretty good. Which gave me this idea. :lol: The rest of the info, I made up.

Yeah baby!

If I get drafted to Phil, we're gonna be championship contenders! Watch for the great defense I play against cocobee in the finals! Ha ha!

remember, it's a rumor. :wink: New York, Lakers, Houston, and Miami are in front of Philly. :lol:
Last edited by cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Jay-Peso on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:04 am

Some really cool updates, I got to say that :D
What you know bout that?
Jay-Peso

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:46 am

OK, I wanna manually add Thug to a team because it'd suck if he had to sit out again this year. He's a free agent right now, what do i need to change if I wanna put him on a team. What fields would I need to change?
Thanks for any advice or help. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby The Big Racist on Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:54 am

cocobee wrote:OK, I wanna manually add Thug to a team because it'd suck if he had to sit out again this year. He's a free agent right now, what do i need to change if I wanna put him on a team. What fields would I need to change?

hmm...back your dynasty up before you start messing with dbf.
The Big Racist

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:12 am

Martin wrote:
cocobee wrote:OK, I wanna manually add Thug to a team because it'd suck if he had to sit out again this year. He's a free agent right now, what do i need to change if I wanna put him on a team. What fields would I need to change?

hmm...back your dynasty up before you start messing with dbf.

will do. :wink:
Is there a way that I can change users, so I can sign players to the apropriate team?

BIG NEWS FROM THE TIMBERWOLVES CAMP! ANOTHER BIG PRE-DRAFT TRADE!.................Coming soon. :lol:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Donatello on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:17 am

hey cocobee (or anyone else)....this might be a really stupid question, but i'll ask anyway ;)

how do you know who is going to be in the draft, and the draft order? cause once you open up the draft in dynasty, you can't exit or save until it's over...and i doubt you leave nba live running 24 hours a day...? :lol:

btw, very nice dynasty (Y)!!!
||[b]b]||
Donatello
Dongatello

Postby PRoPuLsiOnDJ on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:34 am

You can change the teamID in the players.dbf file. So if you want a team to sign a free agent, first find out the teamID. Then change the teamID value under the free agent's name to the value of the team you intend to send him to. And then you will have to adjust the ROSTERPOS too. If you want a starting SF, then you put in 2. Hope this helps. :wink:
PRoPuLsiOnDJ

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:36 am

propulsionDJ wrote:You can change the teamID in the players.dbf file. So if you want a team to sign a free agent, first find out the teamID. Then change the teamID value under the free agent's name to the value of the team you intend to send him to. And then you will have to adjust the ROSTERPOS too. If you want a starting SF, then you put in 2. Hope this helps. :wink:

That's what I thought, have you tried it? Thanks for the advice, I'll try it soon. Does this happen in your dynasties as well? And what about salaries and such?
Last edited by cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby PRoPuLsiOnDJ on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:40 am

Yeah I've done dynasties where free agents don't sign with anyone. And no I haven't tried it but it should work. I'll try it with the current dynasty that I'm working on. Oh and by the way, when you give the free agent a ROSTERPOS value, then you need to change the ROSTERPOS value of the player who used to start at that place. Or I think you can put him in the injured reserve too.

Go to the following url for more help:

http://www.sportplanet.com/nbalive/nba2004/dbf_players.shtml

ROSTERPOS: Roster position
0: Starting Centre
1: Starting Power Forward
2: Starting Small Forward
3: Starting Shooting Guard
4: Starting Point Guard
5-11: Active Bench
12-14: Inactive Roster
PRoPuLsiOnDJ

Postby Jackal on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:41 am

how do you know who is going to be in the draft, and the draft order? cause once you open up the draft in dynasty, you can't exit or save until it's over...and i doubt you leave nba live running 24 hours a day...?

cocobee wrote:In reality, I'm already in the 1rst round of the Playoffs. I just play ahead.

I think he plays ahead rather then giving up to date things that are happening. I mean, he must be playing game 5 today, but he posts game 3. This way he kinda knows. So he must've done the draft already, but is just keeping us in suspense! :D
Jackal

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:44 am

what about salaries? Thug is a 74 with a pretty big salary demand. But I see other teams signing for the minimum :cry:
Couldn't I just switch places with a player--say I'll have Thug replace the worst player on that team--then the worst player will be a free agent.(eventually changing the roster position later) Does that make sense?

Hmm..thanks again. (Y)
cocobee
America's Team

Postby e.z.o on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:03 pm

cocobee, in your felogic folder in the nba live 2004 folder, there is a notepad file called "salary", open it up and do the math urself. All you have to do is look for the players overall in his position and you'll find the base salary, and then if he is either considered young age, old age or super old age there is a salary modifier at the top and you just follow that.
For Example, you said a 74, so lets use all the ages:
This is using the Salary that I have, which is in millions.
Regular age(25-29yrs old): Salary would be $2,992,080
Youngage Player(24 and less): Salary would be $3,231,446
Oldage Player(30-34): Salary would be $2,842,476
Super Oldage Player(35 and more): Salary would be $2,692,872

PS - The dynasty is sick
e.z.o

Postby raptors6thman on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:09 pm

cocobee wrote:what about salaries? Thug is a 74 with a pretty big salary demand. But I see other teams signing for the minimum :cry:
Couldn't I just switch places with a player--say I'll have Thug replace the worst player on that team--then the worst player will be a free agent.(eventually changing the roster position later) Does that make sense?

Hmm..thanks again. (Y)

i dont think it will work unless you really want to mess up the various dbf files.. i can play around with a copy of my dynasty to see if it works.. but things are sorta busy over here, so i'll PM u with my findings.. gl
raptors6thman

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame