HonorGlow's Ongoing LAKER Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable Dynasty and Franchise threads.

Postby HonorGlow on Sat May 06, 2006 1:59 pm

I think I already have but since you and I are in a heated series...and since we play San Antonio like 5 times this season, I think we'll be okay... I plan to play and post each NLSC'er twice per season...so they'll be a plenty of opportunities...
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby Jing on Sat May 06, 2006 5:34 pm

wow sweet shit.
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 9791
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:29 am
Location: College

Postby alexboom on Sat May 06, 2006 7:33 pm

I can't believe my Pistons beat your Lakers :shock: If I recall correctly, none of my players were rated over 55 :o
User avatar
alexboom
 
Posts: 2237
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:47 am
Location: France

Postby H Rock on Sat May 06, 2006 9:21 pm

But then again, none of his starters are rated over 55 either.
User avatar
H Rock
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Postby HonorGlow on Sat May 06, 2006 10:54 pm

alexboom wrote:I can't believe my Pistons beat your Lakers :shock: If I recall correctly, none of my players were rated over 55 :o


Well, as you probably can tell, my starters aren't that great either... but Omar Bryant and Christof Rock(who actually was a replacement for one of your real-bies I think Garnett or Billups) was pretty legitimate. Plus I have Kwame Brown on my team so that eradicates any inferiorities on your team :wink:

...I hate Kwame more and more that I see him play in real life...can't dunk with authority, can't catch a ball worth beans, can't block ...all he's really good at is take up space on the court and use up Oxygen. I seriously feel my Kwame is better than the real one....if at a 19 rating!

We play your team later on in the year at Detroit so we'll see if I can get revenge.

...might I add that I think my team is like 15-26 going into mid-season!
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby H Rock on Sat May 06, 2006 11:00 pm

...I hate Kwame more and more that I see him play in real life...can't dunk with authority, can't catch a ball worth beans, can't block ...all he's really good at is take up space on the court and use up Oxygen. I seriously feel my Kwame is better than the real one....if at a 19 rating!


If you hate him so much, why do you start him? Why keep the Hulk on bench?
User avatar
H Rock
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Postby HonorGlow on Sat May 06, 2006 11:30 pm

H Rock wrote:
...I hate Kwame more and more that I see him play in real life...can't dunk with authority, can't catch a ball worth beans, can't block ...all he's really good at is take up space on the court and use up Oxygen. I seriously feel my Kwame is better than the real one....if at a 19 rating!


If you hate him so much, why do you start him? Why keep the Hulk on bench?

Because the Hulk has nothing to prove anymore in my Dynasty universe...two or three Finals MVPs one season League MVP...countless All-star appearances. Using Kwame makes me try to play the game smarter than just utilizing brute force maneuvers.
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby HonorGlow on Sun May 07, 2006 3:11 pm

Birdie Proficiency Score: LAL vs DET January 21, 2021

Image
High Proficiency Score: Whitman Jackson (30 birdies)

Image
High Proficiency Score: Tobias Eiland (21 birdies)
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby H Rock on Mon May 08, 2006 5:27 pm

You talked about the PERs of some of the players. How did you calculate them?
User avatar
H Rock
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Postby HonorGlow on Mon May 08, 2006 5:43 pm

H Rock wrote:You talked about the PERs of some of the players. How did you calculate them?


I have my own website that you can compute these PER's on the fly:

http://www.livegmc.com/birdiefly.html

I think you already know I have my own website...I just don't really advertise the 'on the fly' stuff though...
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby Tuomas on Mon May 08, 2006 7:38 pm

wow, the pics look fantastic, I didn't remember Live 04 looked so good. Especially the crowds as empty as they are.
User avatar
Tuomas
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Finland

Postby H Rock on Mon May 08, 2006 9:51 pm

HonorGlow wrote:
H Rock wrote:You talked about the PERs of some of the players. How did you calculate them?


I have my own website that you can compute these PER's on the fly:

http://www.livegmc.com/birdiefly.html

I think you already know I have my own website...I just don't really advertise the 'on the fly' stuff though...

I know about that, but when you said PER I thought you wre talking about the really complicated PER they use in real basketball. Is the birdie score really that PER?
User avatar
H Rock
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Postby HonorGlow on Tue May 09, 2006 4:08 am

H Rock wrote:
HonorGlow wrote:
H Rock wrote:You talked about the PERs of some of the players. How did you calculate them?


I have my own website that you can compute these PER's on the fly:

http://www.livegmc.com/birdiefly.html

I think you already know I have my own website...I just don't really advertise the 'on the fly' stuff though...

I know about that, but when you said PER I thought you wre talking about the really complicated PER they use in real basketball. Is the birdie score really that PER?


AHA! Now I know what you're talking about...the PER is a slightly derivation from what NBA.com uses with the exception that it also adds Personal Fouls. The Hollinger formula I'm trying to implement for the Playoffs for Live 06 but that's going slowly as I have two other basketball projects that I'm also coding for. In addition, I have some massive code clean-up, as I've grown in my skills even since I got into University.
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:21 am

2020-2021 Ends in Disappointment:
After struggling all season to find the right match-up, the Lakers squeeked into the playoffs with the 6th seed and an imminent match with the 92 rated Phonix Suns featuring former Lakers Elijah Oakley and Kojo Dent. After a miraculous buzzer beater by Rashidi Lawson, the Lakers took away homecourt advantage away from the Suns in Game one but failed to win any more in the series as the Sun's Theobald Eiland was too much for the the Laker's backcourt to handle. The Lakers packed their bags for vacation losing to the Suns 4 games to 1.

2021 Draft:
As it was apparent that the Laker's Dwight Howard desperately needed help at the 4 spot, they moved up on the draft and had San Antonio select Reuben Griffin with their first pick in the 2021 Draft and sent immediately to L.A.. However, after a few games into the next season, they realized that Griffin wasn't going to help improve the teams lackluster efforts.

2021-2022 Season: Reuben Griffin gets sent to New York, Lakers acquire the draft rights to Clippers rookie power forward: Meng Qing Yu

4 games into the 2021-2022 Season, the Lakers pull off a complex trade which entailed trading R.Griffin and Ricardo Ellis to New York for Brandon Drummond, waiving Dwight Howard and O. Eisley, signing George Harvey and Levander Buford. AND THEN trading Buford, Harvey and Drummond to the Clippers for Ayo Respert, Sebastian Dale and the draft rights for rookie power forward Meng Qing Yu. THEN the Lakers waived Respert and Dale and RE-SIGNED Dwight Howard and O. Eisley! Whew!

The Lakers are very very high on Meng Qing Yu. Some of his stats are as followed:

Meng Qing Yu
Rated: 70
Jersey Number: 3
Position: Power Forward
Hometown: Shway Ye, China

More information and screenshots coming!
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby H Rock on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:17 pm

"Meng Qing Yu". Was this guy created by the sim engine? Because I've never heard of that kind of name before.

But never mind, Erwin will destroy him anyway.
User avatar
H Rock
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:46 am

H Rock wrote:"Meng Qing Yu". Was this guy created by the sim engine? Because I've never heard of that kind of name before.

But never mind, Erwin will destroy him anyway.


Yeh, you got a 14 year + vet going against a rookie...some honor in that I tell ya! :wink:

Nope, Meng Qing Yu is actually one of my baller pals from China. He's marrying one of my pals back in North Dakota and so I decided to put him, "in the game" I didn't want to fib on his height so he's probably the only 5'4" power forward you'll see in your lifetime.
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby HonorGlow on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:53 am

Another bittersweet day in Laker Land:
July 2018: Little H retires from the NBA
ImageImageImage

After a jordan-prime-esque rookie season, Little H was commonly the go to guy again in the next 5 seasons and basically did everything that the team as a whole couldn't. He and Spike Faulk were the designated buzzer beaters when the game was on the line. Little H was known for his triple ankle breaking crossovers, the backing down game tie-ers, out of nowhere block shots and prolific scoring. Unfortunately, injuries too it's toll on seven of his remaining last season and in the last three seasons of his career, the Lakers couldn't get back into championship form.

As most may not know, Little H was originally a Trailblazer but was traded in mid-season of 04 for the phenom Kobe Bryant. From there, he remained with the team throughout his career and the organization always paid him the maximum lengthy contracts. He playing days will always be remembered with what will be known as the definitive starting five of Thomas Goldberg, Spike Faulk, Brian Cook, Marty Elwood, and himself.

Thanks Little H for the 19 great years. With that, you're the first Jersey to be retired since James Worthy in 1994. Wow, that's 25+ years!
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby Jing on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:57 am

wow, in all my times playing live i never have retired a jersey. thats amazing
User avatar
Jing
 
Posts: 9791
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:29 am
Location: College

Postby Tuomas on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:30 pm

Unbelieavable dynasty... Keep it up. (Y) @retired jerseys
User avatar
Tuomas
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Finland

Postby pontiacsilverdome on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:21 am

great dinasty honorglow
some possibility of brian cook's jersey be retired too ? :D
User avatar
pontiacsilverdome
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:50 pm
Location: Vitoria Brasil

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:44 am

pontiacsilverdome wrote:great dinasty honorglow
some possibility of brian cook's jersey be retired too ? :D

Naw, he retired on page four of this Dynasty...so there's no chance that any 'real players' jerseys will see their spot on the Wall of Fame.

...not even Shaq's jersey got retired. Bummer.

Thanks guys for checking out the Dynasty still...I know it's been awhile.
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby The X on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:00 am

HonorGlow wrote:Another bittersweet day in Laker Land:
July 2018: Little H retires from the NBA
ImageImageImage

After a jordan-prime-esque rookie season, Little H was commonly the go to guy again in the next 5 seasons and basically did everything that the team as a whole couldn't. He and Spike Faulk were the designated buzzer beaters when the game was on the line. Little H was known for his triple ankle breaking crossovers, the backing down game tie-ers, out of nowhere block shots and prolific scoring. Unfortunately, injuries too it's toll on seven of his remaining last season and in the last three seasons of his career, the Lakers couldn't get back into championship form.

As most may not know, Little H was originally a Trailblazer but was traded in mid-season of 04 for the phenom Kobe Bryant. From there, he remained with the team throughout his career and the organization always paid him the maximum lengthy contracts. He playing days will always be remembered with what will be known as the definitive starting five of Thomas Goldberg, Spike Faulk, Brian Cook, Marty Elwood, and himself.

Thanks Little H for the 19 great years. With that, you're the first Jersey to be retired since James Worthy in 1994. Wow, that's 25+ years!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

congrats Honor, you did it for me & every other Live '04 long-lasting dynasty that never got to see a jersey get retired....thank you, you've made us all proud

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
User avatar
The X
is
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:36 am

Holy shit, honor my man... this is an oober long dynasty. Wow, congrats! :D
User avatar
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit
 
Posts: 14872
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:19 pm

Postby HonorGlow on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:45 am

Thanks Gents, I'll be on the forums from time to time, my next goal is to simply finish my Live 04 Dynasty. I am officially retired from the LiveGMC project until I move to a new place...which means any extra time I have is spent scrounging up loose change here and there.

Unfortunately, having apartment neighbors sucks bigtime.
User avatar
HonorGlow
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:02 am
Location: Seattle area, WA

Postby The X on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:31 pm

I'm bumping this Live 2004 dynasty. An All-Time Favourite on the board by HonorGlow. I'll be bumping a few up so the noobs can see some of the great dynasties that were around prior to Live falling flat on it's face. This one is also a fav as I get to see my Live '04 Nuggets in action :P
User avatar
The X
is
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty & Franchise Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest