HonorGlow's Ongoing LAKER Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:55 pm

The X wrote::cry: we collapsed :cry: ahh well, I guess our series took it out of you guys for the next one :wink:

But don't you worry The X! Right now it's November 6, 2020 and you'll get your revenge on November 25th! Negative One, San Antonio vs Lakers mid-December so you'll have a chance to see your genomes in action again! But right now, Los Angeles is struggling at 2 and 2 and we're rated the lowest we've been in awhile(82).

The Starting Lineup 2020-2021:
PER = Player Efficiency Rating
Center: Olden Eisley Last year's PER: 5.51
Power Forward: Kwame Brown Rating: 19 Last year's PER: 5.99
Small Forward: Tobias Eiland Last year's PER: 13.37
Shooting Guard: Jean "Blink" Earnest Last year's PER: 7.37
Point Guard: Sergei "Dimes" Hoyle 5'3" Last year's PER: 7.45

As you can see, with a usual goto-guy's PER being 18 and above...the Lakers this year are hardpressed to find someone reliable down the stretch. Who will step up? Only time will time...and perhaps Rookie Gordon Owens will be able to shake things up!

If there is anybody out there who has an old Live 2004 save lingering around...let me revive your Genomes!
HonorGlow

Postby The X on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:20 pm

there are always some down years inbetween championship runs, maybe these are your down years :wink: it will test your GM skills :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:47 pm

November 21, 2020

Wow, I just got back from the Nuggets/Lakers game and all I can say is...what the heck steroid did Lindow take during the off-season to make him so unstoppable?!?!?! Frick, nobody on the L.A. squad could contain him, or it just seemed like he was at the right place at the right time. I brought my digi-cam tonight so I got some great pics. It was such an awesome game AND suspenseful to the last milisecond!

I'm a bit tired as I just got out of the car and into the apartment but I'll make sure that I post some of my pictures to my BLOG here. The one thing I did notice about Denver is that they imported some rebounding help during the off-season...wow it was weird seeing Karim Brack in a Nuggets uniform after all those years he was torturing the Lakers in a Clippers uniform.

Well, I'm off to watch a little SportsCenter before I hit the sack...well, I guess I can upload it to my dream-pod and watch highlights while I'm catching some Z's....I totally forgot about that! Stay tune for my pictures off the digi-cam!

p.s. Kwame Brown should have retired 15 years ago...
HonorGlow

Postby KIG1 on Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:55 pm

nice man brack must be a beast
KIG1

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:04 pm

Karim Brack is a bit slendor for a power forward but he just seems to weave his way into position. That whole team just seems to be a monster...the only thing they seem to not have is a solid Center...but that seems to be the case for the majority of teams...even in 2006!
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:43 pm

I've noticed that as well. Most of the generated big men that are any good are power forwards. In my San Antonio Spurs dynasty (now in the 2014-2015 season, by the way), there's one center who's rated 92, but all the rest aren't above 80. Plus, another thing seems to be that most centers are short. There isn't a center in the league that is over 7-1 right now.
H Rock

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:56 pm

H Rock wrote:Plus, another thing seems to be that most centers are short. There isn't a center in the league that is over 7-1 right now.

Good point...I haven't seen any tall centers in quite awhile, that's why when I saw Thomas Goldberg 7'6" as a rookie during the Laker's 2004-05 trip to Utah, I just had to snag him...I really wish I could remember who I traded him for...perhaps Luke Walton and Kareem Rush or something of that sort. Nevertheless, that's been one of my best trades as a GM. Along with getting Spike Faulk from Milwaukee the same year. They're way past their prime now but they've proven themselves so much that they are untouchable in trade situations and they deserve to end their careers as Lakers. ...hopefully, their jerseys will be retired...but I have yet seen that happened in my 15+ years as GM.
HonorGlow

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:33 pm

Some Upcoming Games this season to circle on your calender:
December 16, 2020:
Lakers @ H Rock's San Antonio Spurs
December 27, 2020:
Lakers vs H Rock's San Antonio Spurs
December 31, 2020
New Years Eve Game: Lakers vs. Houston featuring H-Rock the Rookie player
January 12, 2021
Lakers vs alexboom's Detroit Pistons
Febuary 4, 2021
Lakers @ alexboom's Detroit Pistons
February 23, 2021
Lakers vs Unholy Potatoes's Toronto Raptors
March 11, 2021
Lakers vs Houston featuring H-Rock the Rookie player
April 2, 2021
Lakers vs The X's Denver Nuggets
April 11, 2021
Lakers @ Unholy Potatoes's Toronto Raptors
April 14, 2021
Lakers @ The X's Denver Nuggets

...lot's of exciting games...lot's of exciting times...more to come!
HonorGlow

Postby alexboom on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:00 pm

haha, please don't crush my old Pistons too hard :mrgreen:
alexboom

Postby H Rock on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:11 pm

Wow, I didn't know you had so many teams in your dynasty. Four, wow. That must be a lot of editing.
H Rock

Postby The X on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:52 pm

after you just got by my Nuggets in 7 tough games, we needed to get some help & who better than from the Lakers' crosstown rival Clippers :twisted:

am keen to see what this Brack guy can do :P I guess Jon Wright was never suppose to be a long-term option, he's a role player....

as for Felton Lindow, maybe he recaptured some of that rookie magic that led him to All-Rookie 1st Team Honours & NBA Finals MVP as a rookie & the Nuggets 1st ever title :P

looking forward to the update H-Glow
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:36 pm

November 21, 2020

So, I finally downloaded my pictures onto my blackberry from last nights game...so here we go!

So, here's the new marquee at the Pepsi Center... I find it rather low-class that they'd display the teams ratings too...

I spent $20 bucks on the frickin' program for the game, so I thought the least I could do was take a picture of the starting lineup.
I think the Lakers still see hope in Kwame...don't you?

Image Image
Instant offense: Before the Lakers knew it, the Nuggies were off to a 10-4 run.
...with Felton Lindow and new-comer Karim Brack leading the way. Kwame clueless on D.

Image Image
Before it gets out of hand, Rashidi Lawson always seems to step in and calm things down.
But right back at you, Felton Lindow slices in for an easy two...

Hmmm, I think this is when I grabbed a $10 hot dog and took a leak...
...the night was pretty fuzzy after 4 or 5 beers...

Remember seeing Karate Kid II as a youngster? I'm pretty sure Vonte Bagwell logged in about a thousand viewings by age 10...as evident here.

Image Image
Second quarter is always time for Rookie experimentation...no different here as the
Lakers effectively plug in Gordon Owens in. Conrad Everett was somewhat limited in minutes
but not effectiveness, always able to get the foul calls.

Image Image
Who wants it more?: I came to realize that Nuggets just had a little bit more heart and desire
tonight. I just don't see the Lakers pull off things like this Vontwe Bagwell dive. However, Tobias Eiland always seems
to make me put my foot in my mouth.

Sometimes, you just have to use any means necessary to contain Felton Lindow.
However, this was a little bit uncalled for.

...so typical of the Lakers. I don't even need to say more.

Image Image
Can someone fricken gaurd Felton, dangit!
If you weren't there, you probably wouldn't have believed it: Cosmo Farrell jordanesques his way for another two. Are Centers
really supposed to be able to pull that one off?!?!?!

"Eisley steals the ball! Eisley steals the ball! Over to Jean Earnest!": Olden steals the inbounds pass and instantly passes the ball to a teammate for a lay-in. Score 115-115. Reminiscent of another Olden?!?
(Sorry for all the 04 puns...)

The dagger: With a couple of extra passes, the Nuggets found Vontwe Bagwell all alone behind the arc...Eisley couldn't gain enough ground as Bagwell pushes Denver ahead 118-115.

Of course, it happens at the most opportune time: my digicam goes on the fritz as Jean Earnest supposedly nails a game tying 3. I did manage to get the Laker benches plea as the referees review the call.

Image Image
Alas, referee Jack Neese calls the game tying 3 off...no basket!
So...Cosmo, Brack, and Carter breath a sigh of relief, and walk off victorious...grrrr

A screenshot of all I saw on SportsCenter when I got home...more grrrr.

...and yes I admit it, if you let your man score more than 70% of his shots, you deserve to lose.

My other Blog Thoughts: I guess this year is a turning of the guards so to speak- as neither Wilkinson NOR Sanderson are no longer in the Nuggets starting line-up. In fact, Wilkinson only logged in 14 minutes! I guess he's taking it in stride as he is definitely in the twilight of his career and importantly, the Nuggets are winning. I'm curious as to why Lindow wasn't this go-to guy last year in the playoffs, but I guess Sanderson was really playing at a high level. Karim Brack: 18-6-4 not the greatest, but I don't think anybody would mind that stat. It really remains to be seen if that pick-up will pay dividends in the long run. But nevertheless, tomorrow I'm logging onto TicketMaster for that April2nd game in L.A.! p.s. ...I love Cosmo...
HonorGlow

Postby Jing on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:04 pm

goddamn great recap and er... taste.
Jing

Postby H Rock on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Wow great recap. I can't wait until you play my Spurs in just a few more games.

Kwame clueless on D.

I played a little 2 minute game with the players.dbf you sent. I agree with you. Kwame got torched by the big men.
H Rock

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:47 pm

H Rock wrote:I played a little 2 minute game with the players.dbf you sent. I agree with you. Kwame got torched by the big men.

YES! Wait until you play a semi-full game, and let Rashidi Lawson and Gorden Owens take over, those guys really can't be contained...and of course they have realistic stat ratings... I love Rashidi because he just knives into the lane with one simple cross-over... however this guy must be headless when you play him!
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:51 pm

You should send me their cyberfaces, then. And I'll be interested to see how they do against me, though.

And I took some screens and all. I can give you a summary if you want.
H Rock

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:54 pm

H Rock wrote:You should send me their cyberfaces, then. And I'll be interested to see how they do against me, though.

And I took some screens and all. I can give you a summary if you want.

Yes that'd be very cool...I'll have to give you the cyberfaces tomorrow as I'm heading to bed here in a bit...can you make another thread for your Spurs Dynasty and post the pics there? Looking forward to seeing how at least the non-cyberfaced players did!
HonorGlow

Postby The X on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:21 am

luvin' that recap....when you're updating, this is the No. 1 dynasty on the NLSC boards :P too many good memories from Live '04 to look past I guess (Y)

glad I got the win & am glad that Lindow might be able to resurrect his mediocre career, after being a former No. 1 draft pick (much like Kwame Brown :wink: )....I'm not surprised Wilkinson lost his starting spot as that Bagwell guy has big-time ratings....how did the Nuggs acquire Bagwell?!?

you had me in suspense on whether that 3 pointer at the end counted, but I scrolled down & was happy to see that it had been waved off :mrgreen:

keep this one rolling Honor (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby H Rock on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:57 pm

when you're updating, this is the No. 1 dynasty on the NLSC boards

I think Honor Glow holds the record for the longest dynasty, both in dynasty years and in real years. Plus, I think this is the first time someone has put someone else's dynasty into their one.
H Rock

Postby HonorGlow on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:49 pm

Hey all! Thanks for checking in on this Dynasty! I'm going to put it on hold while it's Dynasty spin-off series is going on... http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic36532.php

School just started again so that'll keep me busy but you'll start seeing some pretty cool stuff on liveGMC.com as this is the quarter we learn some cool techniques that'll spice up the Birdie Board project...

ps H Rock's Dynasty is a bunch of chumps...those guys just play full-court press the whole game :wink:
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:52 pm

You never know, sometimes chumps play well. :wink:

It's good to play against your guys. That way I can see how good they really are. They're pretty good, I must say. But my chumps trump your lumps.
H Rock

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:22 am

Haha Series tied 1-1..yes we took a beating last game but at least the Lakes play fairly! INCREASE that fatigue factor and let's just see how much full court press you can pound! HA!
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:18 pm

I actually edited the sliders to increase the fatigue sliders, but apparently t wasn't enough, obviously. By the way, when I do have fatigue on, in my dynasty, I still play full-court press.
H Rock

Postby HonorGlow on Sat May 06, 2006 6:30 am

.:January 21, 2021:.

L.A. Lakers vs alexboom's revisited Detroit Pistons

Detroit Piston's starting lineup:

One thing you can say about Omar Bryant is hustle hustle hustle.
In an ideal Dumars world, Darko Milicic would still be MVP 15 years in the future...here he steals a cross court pass.
End of 1st Quarter Score: 24 Detroit 21 Lakers

S. Dehere goes strong to the hoop, despite Faulk's grounded effort.
Tobias Eiland known for his speed but not his defense, steals the in-bounds pass.
Halftime Score: 55 Lakers 54 Detroit

Always on the team, but never achieving stardom, Jean Earnest proves his worth here.
Center Grayson had the second highest PER of the game, at 27.
In the end, it was just too much Detroit as Omar Bryant caps off the late quarter charge.
...the reverse angle of Omar Bryant.
Final Score: 120 Detroit 112 Lakers
Player of the Game: Whitman Jackson 26 points 14 assists 6 rebounds
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Sat May 06, 2006 11:20 am

Haven't you faced my Spurs by now?
H Rock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame