Has anyone else played the PSP version?

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Has anyone else played the PSP version?

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Because its impressively bad. I'm not the type to make EA hate posts, but Live 09 for PSP is just trash. The graphics look like Live 99, which is fitting, as it is the Antoine Walker of basketball games.

With even a little space, every single 3 goes in. In the one game I played, Greg Oden lit up the Lakers for 42, going 14-17 on threes. Without three-point spamming, the game is still a joke, as the gameplay doesn't quite live up to the graphics' lofty standards. Its just a complete mess. The CPU doesn't play defense, even on Superstar, and if you thought Live 06 for 360 looked unnatural...

There is a 10 second delay for pausing the game, 10 second delay for choosing any option in the menu. The player ratings seem to be leftover from Live 07, with players like Brandon Roy and David West rated in the low 70's. Derrick Rose is on the FA list to start the game for some reason, and there are only about a dozen rookies in the game, with no create-a-player or edit player features.

EA also seemed to forget commentary, because that's not in it. Maybe it couldn't handle the game's graphics and gameplay. Too ahead of its time? I wasn't particularly impressed with NBA 09: The Inside, but Live 09 made me appreciate the time and effort put into Sony's title.

On the bright side, EA forgot to emit the 29 game season feature for dynasty mode. :applaud:
Lamrock

Re: Has anyone else played the PSP version?

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:13 pm

Sounds as bad as the PS2 version. At least that's been put out to pasture; since NBA Live '10 will be released for the PSP, hopefully for PSP players that one will be a better product.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:27 am

If I had to guess, its probably a little worse. The last PS2 Live I played was 07, and that was just 06 with new menus, "updated" rosters and a different soundtrack. Isn't Live 09 that way?
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:34 am

NBA Live 09 on the PS2 had all the problems of NBA Live 08 on the PC and then some, with the added disadvantage of no patchability given the platform.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby UVA44 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:44 am

In live 10 for psp, you can create players and edit player ratings. (Y)
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Postby jettdaking! on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Live 09 was exactly like Live 08 PSP. it still had that "Crown" thing and i really related to what Lamrock, had said.
"play me like it's chess and i'll smack you with a checkerboard"
-Celph Titled
jettdaking!
R.I.P. Hip-Hop "1987-2005"

Postby Angelo on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Live 09 on psp is a total whack they should have not made these games on the psp
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 09