A Few Questions

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

A Few Questions

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:31 am

- When playing Play Now and Dynasty mode, I noticed that bench players do not get substituted into the game nearly as much as they should. There is normally one substitution in the first quarter if I get lucky. I play 8 minute quarters, and would like to see realistic results. What can I do to fix this? I know that I dynasty mode you can change how much of that bar is full for each player, but that never seems to help. I always get the same results. Can someone please give some advice on this too?

- In Dynasty mode can you play less than 82 games?

- Is there anyway to stop CPU trades and CPU player signings in Dynasty mode?

- Players seem to be missing way to many three pointers and mid range jump shots. Is there anyway I can fix this with sliders, or is it all about knowing the player's release?

- Is there anyway I can download the 2009 Draft Class and put them on the teams they get drafted to? I have Xbox Live and wondered if I can download this somehow. Can you still import players from the NCAA Basketball games? The only problem with this is that Ricky Rubio and other international players would not be included.

Thanks ahead of time.
[Hyperize]

Re: A Few Questions

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:36 am

1. Your best bet would be to raise the Fatigue slider. I've got mine set to 75 (ie 25 notches to the right of the centre of the slider bar) but I'm thinking of putting it up a little higher.

2. No, Dynasty Mode is locked at 82 games.

3. No.

4. Knowing a player's release certainly helps, but you can indeed adjust the field goal sliders for short rang, mid range and long range attempts.

5. No.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Andrew wrote:4. Knowing a player's release certainly helps, but you can indeed adjust the field goal sliders for short rang, mid range and long range attempts.

How do you do this this? Can it only be done in Dynasty mode, or can it be done in Play Now also?
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:47 am

It can be done in both. There are field goal sliders for the User and CPU along with the other gameplay sliders in the Settings menu.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 am

Is this under Global Settings?
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:52 am

No. As I said there are field goal sliders under the User and CPU settings, so you can make it easier/harder for one or the other. If you find you're shooting a bit poorly from midrange or downtown you might want to up the User field goal sliders a bit to give you a boost.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09