Grizzlies: Rose, Beasly, Mayo

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Grizzlies: Rose, Beasly, Mayo

Postby UVA44 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 pm

I started a Grizzlies dynasty with the hopes of getting a number 1 draft pick and a top free agent. But as the first 3 games rolled by, and with a record of 0-3, I descided to transform the team into a playoff contender via trades. The first move I made was a trade with the Clippers, sending Rudy Gay and recieving Baron Davis. Next I took my chances with the Heat. I offered Marco Jaric (73 rated PG) along with my first and second round picks for Michael Beasly. They accepted. Finally, I thought I could possibly trade for Derrick Rose. My recently recieved Baron Davis was in his declining years, so I offered him for Derrick Rose and Luol Deng. They accepted so I had the top 3 picks in Rose, Beasly, and Mayo of the 2008 NBA draft. With my lineup set for years to come and 10 million extra dollars in my pocket, I was quite happy. :mrgreen:

Rudy Gay to LAC for B. Davis
B. Davis to CHI for D. Rose and L. Deng
M. Jaric, 1st, 2nd round picks to MIA for M. Beasly
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Re: Grizzlies: Rose, Beasly, Mayo

Postby Cleveland wins on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 am

UVA44 wrote:I started a Grizzlies dynasty with the hopes of getting a number 1 draft pick and a top free agent. But as the first 3 games rolled by, and with a record of 0-3, I descided to transform the team into a playoff contender via trades. The first move I made was a trade with the Clippers, sending Rudy Gay and recieving Baron Davis. Next I took my chances with the Heat. I offered Marco Jaric (73 rated PG) along with my first and second round picks for Michael Beasly. They accepted. Finally, I thought I could possibly trade for Derrick Rose. My recently recieved Baron Davis was in his declining years, so I offered him for Derrick Rose and Luol Deng. They accepted so I had the top 3 picks in Rose, Beasly, and Mayo of the 2008 NBA draft. With my lineup set for years to come and 10 million extra dollars in my pocket, I was quite happy. :mrgreen:

Rudy Gay to LAC for B. Davis
B. Davis to CHI for D. Rose and L. Deng
M. Jaric, 1st, 2nd round picks to MIA for M. Beasly

Wow!!! You were able to get two youngers, in exchange for a veteran? That was great! That was a great thing that you did for the heat, i guess the heat had about 4 draft picks hugh? Two first rounders from your team, and the heats original first and second rounders. Was the draft strong or weak, do you remember? Those were some great trades, especially the baren davis for rose and deng trade, amazing!
Cleveland wins

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 am

That lineup sounds great, you definitely shouldn't have any trouble putting points on the board with those guys on the floor. What does the rest of your team look like?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby UVA44 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:42 am

Yeah, I was quite surprised when I got thru with all of these trades. I simulated the rest of the season, and Beasly was the high scorer, with 16.7, Mayo was second with 16.1, but Rose was the leading assist man with 7.9 apg and 13.7 ppg. I did play the playoff games and my team prevailed against the Miami Heat in the NBA finals. :mrgreen:
The rest of my team was solid, down to about the 7th man, because it was only my first year of the dynasty and I didn't have time to make the whole bench better.
And by the way, I gave up the draft picks, because the 2009 draft was considered week.
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Return to NBA Live 09