Why EA doesn't make NBA 09 PC verison?

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Why EA doesn't make NBA 09 PC verison?

Postby mjsleepking on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:32 am

I have these reasons in my mind:

1. EA doesn't want other game companies or individuals steal their next gen 3D technology. I think it is much easier to steal the technology or doing re-engineering to get how they do it. May be PS3 and Xbox 360 have much more protection for game makers.

2. EA doesn't want pirate PC copies happen then universities students would play pirate PC copies instead of buying a real copy of Xbox 360 / PS3. Since it is much harder to make a blue-ray or whatever for Xbox 360/ PS3 even can download it with extra large space. EA does it long time ago for NCAA footaball game, so there is no PC NCAA footaball game many years.
My NBA Live 07 team average height is 8'6, because you cannot dunk with 8'7 in PC verison LOL!
mjsleepking

Re: Why EA doesn't make NBA 09 PC verison?

Postby JaoSming on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:05 am

1 Companies don't steal technology from each other anymore. If that were the case they'd be able to do it with 360 or PS3 games since developers have dev consoles.

2 Piracy is an issue, and while there hasnt been an official reason as to why there was no PC version this year I doubt piracy is the big reason. The PC version has gone stale over the past few years. Yes we've gone from FSS to FSS changing in game to Sig Shots, but the only thing the PS2 version (same as PC version) added this year was a practice mode. Nice, yes, but it failed to fix the 08 issues and didnt change anything gameplay oriented.

So like I said, there is no official reason, 2k popped in with their Next Gen game and if you have the computer to handle it it should hold you over till Live X when it comes back to PC next year with a Next Gen port.

If you want more ideas as to why EA didn't release this year go back and look at the forum posts on the internet archive (archive.org) for when it was announced that Live 2002 wasn't coming to PCs.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Why EA doesn't make NBA 09 PC verison?

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:28 am

"Business challenges" were cited as the reason though which still leaves the matter open to speculation but my hope is that it comes down to the direction the PC version was heading in and that the decision was made to revamp it and port it from the Xbox 360. One of Peter Moore's blogs seemed to hint at that but we'll see.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09