Dynasty improvements...

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Dynasty improvements...

Postby Haval on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:23 pm

Dynasty Heads this is your chance...Post what improvements and changes you want to dynasty mode for next year...Again post any Dynasty Mode improvements or suggestions you have...
Haval
Somewhat Cool

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:29 am

Off the top of my head, my most desired improvements for Dynasty Mode tend to be tweaks to what's in the game already (simulated stats, trade frequency, things like that).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Yep, simulated stats has always been an issue....maybe they should bring in simulation stats expert for a year to fix it all up....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:34 pm

- Realistic player stats, not bullshit like Nash leading league with 30 PPG, Ray Allen with 9 APG, Dirk with 9 APG, etc.
- Realistic CPU trades with more than 2 players involved
- Players willing to lower their asking price. In the second season there is always 100 FA's including a few all-stars.
- Ability to edit players' contracts in the roster management before starting a dynasty so they are accurate
- Real-life draft pick allocation (i.e. Nets have Mavs 2010 first rounder)
- Pre-dynasty draft without fake players
- Boxscores not disappearing after 3 days
- Boxscores during playoffs
- Ability to save during offseason
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:05 am

Lamrock wrote:- Realistic player stats, not bullshit like Nash leading league with 30 PPG, Ray Allen with 9 APG, Dirk with 9 APG, etc.
- Realistic CPU trades with more than 2 players involved
- Players willing to lower their asking price. In the second season there is always 100 FA's including a few all-stars.
- Ability to edit players' contracts in the roster management before starting a dynasty so they are accurate
- Real-life draft pick allocation (i.e. Nets have Mavs 2010 first rounder)
- Pre-dynasty draft without fake players
- Boxscores not disappearing after 3 days
- Boxscores during playoffs
- Ability to save during offseason

Agreed, though I reckon the real-like draft pick allocation should be optional since I'm sure some people would want to create their own reality and not miss out on a lottery selection because a team squandered a pick in real life.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby chris-3- on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:20 pm

hey guy´s
i keep thinking about buying the game this year but if i get to read this:
these points could be copied out of most dynasty threads from last year and the years before... did they actually improve anything this time?
chris-3-

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:38 pm

Depends which version you're talking about. The PSP and PS2 versions aren't improved at all but the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 version's Dynasty Mode is solid. Simulated stats are a bit better this year but not perfect and there are fewer undersized generated rookies. There's also a trading block and Draft day trades in this year's game and a free agent negotiation mini-game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Dynasty improvements...

Postby Robert on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Yeah and you should also be able to forfeit picks
Robert

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:21 pm

I wasn't aware they'd taken that option out. I'll have to double check that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Robert on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:34 am

One thing they need to fix is the coputer generated rookeis and how they look they need to add more hair stlyes . Like I don't know how many times I've seen black computer generated rookies with long blond hair!
Robert

Postby Fcuk Orlando on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:12 pm

The Generated rookies are way to strong, i've had a rookie center with 90 dunk and 89 FG in the first round and another Rookie C with 99 Dunk and 80 rebound in the second round
also 10 day contracts would be nice
Allen Iverson passing on family values:

A.I.: son, what you doing there?
A.I.'s son: practicing my math for my test tommorow
A.I: practice? practice? we talkin' 'bout practice. not the test - practice. we talkin' 'bout practice. not the test, not the test - practice.
Fcuk Orlando

Postby Robert on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Yeah I mean in recent years the generated rookies were to weak liek the highest rated Genreated rookie I got in 05 was like 83 and now the are way to strong with liek 90 overallls
Robert

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:17 am

The occasional "ready-made" superstar amongst generated rookies isn't a bad idea though. In fact, it's something we asked for; it just needs to be balanced out a little more.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Robert on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:21 am

True but and they just need to lower the rookie overalls a little bit the simulated stats have been better this year . And I would love if you were able to create your own team and logo and arena like on madden
Robert

Postby kunqlao on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:33 pm

-New Menu - The same menu in Madden 10's Franchise.
-The Extra Point - The same thing they have in Madden 10's Franchise. Weekly(or daily) recap show of scores, stats, streaks, spectacular performances, milestones broken, records broken, injuries, trades, signings, etc.
-NBA Pre-Season - Every team competes in 6 Pre-Season games.
-NBA Summer League - The ability to assign players from your team & D-League roster & invite free agents to your summer league team to compete in 5 games against other teams Summer league teams, a D-League Select team, & the China national team.
-NBA D-League - Demote players to your D-League roster to work on their skills, Call up players when you feel they are ready to join your roster.
-Enhanced Training Camp - The ability to invite players from your D-League roster & free agents to train with your team, cut players, scout your teams strengths and weaknesses, determine 12-man active roster & 3 man inactive roster.
-Managing Team - Set prices on tickets and merchandise. Schedule team practices and team events. Relocate your team to new cities & new arenas. Create new jerseys.
-NBA Draft - More hype around the draft and it's prospects. Cutscenes when someone is picked.
-New Trading System - Allow up to four teams to be involved in a trade(five players per team) with more info on the players like interest, salary & contract length. also the ability to trade for cash considerations & draft picks from up to five years away.
-More stats - Show more stats like league leaders in triple doubles, double doubles, turnovers, games played, games started, rookie league leaders, etc.
-More award candidates - Show more award candidates like the candidates for defensive player of the year, sixth man, most improved player, rookie of the year, etc.
-Early Defensive Gameplan - Set defensive strategies & match ups a week ahead of time.
-Player Roles - Assign players to roles that include Franchise Player, Starter, 6th Man, Role Player, Prospect & Bench Warmer. The ability to assign up to 3 team captains.
-Manage Coaches & Staff - Hire & Fire Coaches(Head/Assistant) and either select from a free agent pool of coaches or select an interim head coach from your assistant coaches and Hire & Fire Staff(Doctors/Trainers/Scouts/Offensive & Defensive Coordinators).
-Coach Free Agency - The coach free agency should include real life coaches currently unemployed like Avery Johnson, Kevin McHale, Jeff Van Gundy, Isiah Thomas, etc. & recently retired players like Chris Webber, Eric Snow, Jamal Mashburn, etc.
-Atmosphere - Rivalry games, possible season ending games, playoff games & finals games should have a more intense atmosphere.
-Enhanced Player Satisfaction - Player satisfaction is determined by their performance, their teams performance, reputation, popularity, minutes, touches, etc.
-NBA All-Star Weekend - More hype around All-Star Weekend. The ability to vote for 2 players(1 on each conference) as a reserve for the NBA All-Star team. Starters chosen in format of 2 guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center.
-Enhanced Trading Block - Express interest in trading a certain player and over time receive e-mails from teams concerning that player and who they are willing to exchange for the player.
-More Contract Lengths - 10 days, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, 6 years, 7 years.
-More Contract Options - signing bonuses, no trade clauses, opt out clauses, early termination clauses, bird rights, early bird rights, etc.
-Team Exceptions - luxury tax, traded player exception, disabled player exception, mid-level exception, bi-annual exception, rookie exception, minimum salary exception, etc
-Free Agency - restricted free agents, unrestricted free agents, battle with other teams to persuade someone to join your team.
kunqlao

Return to NBA Live 09