Playmakers NBA Live 09 Ratings & Playbook Thread

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Postby kingjames23 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:23 am

Andrew wrote:I reckon it'd be worth getting a couple of 365 updates first and then applying the tweaks, just so that some of the deep bench players that haven't been added yet have a chance to be added for the accurate rosters possible for starting a Dynasty.

and when do you think that will be Andrew? (my guess... after the trade deadline)

looking at the espn depth charts.... the 365 updates aren't really up to date yet

Team Depth Charts
TEAM PG SG SF PF C
Atlanta M. Bibby J. Johnson M. Williams J. Smith A. Horford
Boston R. Rondo R. Allen P. Pierce K. Garnett K. Perkins
Charlotte R. Felton J. Richardson G. Wallace E. Okafor N. Mohammed
Chicago D. Rose T. Sefolosha L. Deng T. Thomas D. Gooden
Cleveland M. Williams D. West L. James B. Wallace Z. Ilgauskas
Dallas J. Kidd A. Wright J. Howard D. Nowitzki E. Dampier
Denver A. Carter A. Iverson C. Anthony K. Martin N. Hilario
Detroit C. Billups R. Hamilton T. Prince R. Wallace A. Johnson
Golden State M. Ellis S. Jackson C. Maggette A. Harrington A. Biedrins
Houston R. Alston T. McGrady R. Artest L. Scola Y. Ming
Indiana T. Ford M. Dunleavy D. Granger T. Murphy R. Nesterovic
LA Clippers B. Davis C. Mobley A. Thornton M. Camby C. Kaman
LA Lakers D. Fisher K. Bryant V. Radmanovic P. Gasol A. Bynum
Memphis M. Conley O. Mayo R. Gay H. Warrick M. Gasol
Miami M. Chalmers D. Wade S. Marion M. Beasley U. Haslem
Milwaukee L. Ridnour M. Redd R. Jefferson C. Villanueva A. Bogut
Minnesota R. Foye M. Miller C. Brewer R. Gomes A. Jefferson
New Jersey D. Harris V. Carter B. Simmons Y. Jianlian J. Boone
New Orleans C. Paul M. Peterson P. Stojakovic D. West T. Chandler
New York C. Duhon J. Crawford Q. Richardson Z. Randolph E. Curry
Oklahoma City E. Watson K. Durant J. Green C. Wilcox N. Collison
Orlando J. Nelson M. Pietrus H. Turkoglu R. Lewis D. Howard
Philadelphia A. Miller A. Iguodala T. Young E. Brand S. Dalembert
Phoenix S. Nash R. Bell M. Barnes A. Stoudemire S. O'Neal
Portland S. Blake B. Roy N. Batum L. Aldridge G. Oden
Sacramento B. Udrih K. Martin J. Salmons M. Moore B. Miller
San Antonio T. Parker M. Finley B. Bowen T. Duncan F. Oberto
Toronto J. Calderon A. Parker J. Moon C. Bosh J. O'Neal
Utah D. Williams R. Brewer A. Kirilenko C. Boozer M. Okur
Washington A. Daniels D. Stevenson C. Butler A. Jamison E. Thomas

that information can be found here

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/depth?type=Starters
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm going to start posting a lock down defender on each team....

Those are perimeter defenders like Bowen, Artest or Prince who are great on Ball defenders. I don't think these type of players were given much attention by EA and how they are utilized on the defensive end of the floor.

Basically these are players who have increased On Ball Effectiveness ratings making it more challenging to beat them 1 on 1.

I'm also going to start increasing the Help Side defense of some of the Big's like Chandler, Howard, Dalembert and Camby allowing to roam the paint quicker and get into a posistion to challenge/alter/block shots when there are break downs on the perimeter.

I've noticed when you set the Dunk/Layup Block Slider betwen 80-100 it's makes these types of defensive big's much more active inside and helps to make interior defense by the CPU a little better.
Now Playing

Madden 10/NCAA Football 10

Currently working on NCAA Football 10 Alumni Rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... sters.html
Playmakers

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:42 pm

kingjames23 wrote:and when do you think that will be Andrew? (my guess... after the trade deadline)

The 365 updates are only properly starting as of today. I'm planning on getting a few updates first and seeing what they're like before I start my Dynasty though.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby kingjames23 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:12 am

hey playmakers how long before your final edits are posted? individual edits stopped at philly... and you mentioned a lockdown defender section....
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:08 pm

kingjames23 wrote:hey playmakers how long before your final edits are posted? individual edits stopped at philly... and you mentioned a lockdown defender section....

kingjames, I started editing some more ratings that I think goes along way towards making the file even better once i'm done.

These ratings aren't listed yet but I've gone back and started globaly editing them for all players

Set Screens-(+10)

Mostly to help big men set more physical screens and also it's tied into Off Ball Awareness rating because it'll help them not only to set a 1st pick but if a play breaks down they are smart enough to reset and go set a 2nd pick

There's also some more animations that are triggered by increasing these ratings especially for big men. You see smaller players if they run into a hard pick kinda fall off balance or fall down.

Use Screen-(+10)

These Ratings fix all the And 1's you see with the default rosters and make players miss more shots in traffic or when they are hit in air.

Lay-up in traffic (-50)
Finish with contact (-50)
Dunk/Layup shot off (25)

This Rating I'm thinking about dropping to get more players to miss a few open jumpers like you see in real life

Shooting touch.....(Right now I'm looking at -15 to 25)
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby ps3owner on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:48 am

I'm having a hard time running the plays here. I usually do a pick and roll whenever i'm on offense.
ps3owner

Postby kingjames23 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 pm

hey playmakers.... POKE

you still working on it? you havent keeled over and died from exhaustion trying to get this file done have you? (no updates in a week?)
kingjames23

Re: Playmakers NBA Live 09 Ratings & Playbook Thread

Postby Playmakers on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:52 am

I haven't posted any updates lately,

But I've been working on the file and adding new ratings that i think enhances the SIM aspect of the game a little more.

Not sure if any of you are aware of this but there were some issues in the ratings for this years game that I'm not going to get into detail but it has been brought to the attention of Marcus from EA directly.

I plan to speak with Marcus some time this weekend in regards to the ratings in effort to hopefully have some things worked on directly by him or EA......

This way I may not have to release a file and it could be something that is able to be worked out via a patch or 365 update in the future.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby kingjames23 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:19 am

such as Vince Carter only having a vertical of 74? i mean, i know the guy isnt the same as he was in 2000... but c'mon now. give him a high 80's or low 90's rating. not to mention guys like artest and bowen being worse defenders than steve nash?
perhaps in talking to the guy at EA you can get them to adjust the effectiveness of each rating....
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:10 am

kingjames23 wrote:such as Vince Carter only having a vertical of 74? i mean, i know the guy isnt the same as he was in 2000... but c'mon now. give him a high 80's or low 90's rating. not to mention guys like artest and bowen being worse defenders than steve nash?
perhaps in talking to the guy at EA you can get them to adjust the effectiveness of each rating....

Well this is from Marcus from EA, he's a hard worker and I believe him when he says they will fix the ratings soon.

Here's his responce after reading some of the things I posted in the rating's thread at sportsgamer.com

Easy Playmakers :)

This is great stuff here, but let me answer a few questions for you.

LBJ's "tendency" ratings are straight from Synergy. That's fine if you don't believe them, but the Cavaliers are paying that company for that information, so I'm guessing it's correct.

As for the individual ratings themselves, I just got on the NBA LIVE team after the game has shipped. I can't speak for anything from before, but can assure that from now on, things will be different. I'll be working closely with the community (Like I did with you in NCAA Basketball) to get things not only right, but how the community wants it.

Anyway, let's talk soon Playmakers. Hopefully you have some free time this time around... :)

Looks like EA will work on this stuff for us

:applaud:
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:33 am

Definitely cool. Biggest thing that needs to be fixed for me at this point is the "injured" status in the 365 updates. Good idea in theory, but unsuitable for Dynasty Mode.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby hellotracy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 pm

thx 4 sharing
24 and Hustle Charmed r my shows!!
hellotracy

Previous

Return to NBA Live 09