New gameplay videos!!!

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

New gameplay videos!!!

Postby ADitiOn on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:03 am

OMG look @ this gameplay mix..... This game is gonna ROCK! Respect EA!

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos_editeur ... 9_f1q0.htm
ADitiOn

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:06 am

RESPECT lol :mrgreen:

Edit: Seriously, If I start playing online. . .I'm gonna clamp down the D. Cause this just reminded me how reckless you can play in Live lol.

I also see the around the basket moves. . . And all the falling down. This game looks great and realistic. I REALLY can't wait to get my hands on it
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Twitter: @ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby huddy187 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:19 am

didnt you see rudy gay fall on the ground when he made a shot
huddy187

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 am

Yeah, Makes me wanna pick the Miami Heat and kill teams with D-Wade lol
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby huddy187 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:41 am

Andre Iguodala layup at the end :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Iguodala dunk :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
this game looks awesome. Philly court is beautiful
EA gets mad respect from me :cool:
gamespot was wrong for that they should of showed a video like this
huddy187

Postby Pdub on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:17 am

Still too easy to get to the hoop and score when you are there. I ilke the pace though, it doesn't look "slow" like gamespot said.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andreas Dahl on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:59 am

Looks a lot better than 08, but, what the hell, will any player be able to get to the rim at any time by dribbling the ball between his legs? Or not - you know - whichever he prefers. It seems like you can just direct the player towards the hoop, and let the player contact animations do the rest. Fantastic!
That might be EA's plan tho; Next years biggest selling point: (Make believe) defense!
Andreas Dahl

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:07 am

Yeah, Defense is a huge problem lol!!! I'm sure when you get used to the game, you can adjust. It might just lack consistency
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby rdelizo35 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:11 am

Remember, it's still not the finished version of the game yet. I'd look for the developers to make some adjustments to resolve any bugs, glitches, and any issues before the game is released in October.

The game does NOT look slow to me, contrary to what the preview at GameSpot said.
Last edited by rdelizo35 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
rdelizo35

Postby UVA44 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:25 am

This game looks sweet.
Excellent graphics.
Better arena.
More smooooth than 08. 8-)
The only problem is Barngnani on the cover. :?:
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:43 am

rdelizo34 wrote:Remember, it's still not the finished version of the game yet. I'd look for the developers to make so adjustments to resolve any bugs, glitches, and any issues before the game is released in October.

The game does NOT look slow to me, contrary to what the preview at GameSpot said.

This is EA you are talking about lol!!!

The game looks too fast IMO. atleast we can adjust that with sliders and slow it down.
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby rdelizo35 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:04 am

ThaLiveKing,

Indeed, it is. I just hope that the bugs, glitches, and issues are kept to a minimum. (Anyone remember the infamous disappearing player icon bug/glitch during games?). Granted, EA doesn't have a perfect track record, but I do hope that whatever flaws Live '09 may have does not ultimately take away from the strides that the developers have made in regards to this year's game.
rdelizo35

Postby Jing on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:23 am

Looks better but still some times where it seems ball goes from one hand to another in an instant, and seems too easy to get to the basket just by juking.
Jing

If looks could kill........

Postby qwomack74 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:58 am

I have to admit I am impressed. The graphics look VERY good, but Live didn't have a problem with that last year. The animations seem to look a little smoothier this year. That to me is a good indication because it is not the final build. I am not worried about the defense because I think all the videos are set on an easy mode to try and display more dunks, lay ups, shots, and rebounding physics. Can you image trying to post a video of an all defensive game? BORING!!!!!!!
qwomack74

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:07 pm

I uploaded it to Youtube, made it brighter and added some music

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g6r_FZPfsY[/youtube]

HQ available
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby cro_2pac on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Damn the game looks so fine!
..."I play every game like it is my last"... By Allen Iverson
cro_2pac

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:37 pm

I'd be interested to know what difficulty level that's on. I was playing on All-Star and Superstar at the Community Event and getting to the hoop wasn't that easy, though certainly possible. Defense is perfect but when I played the build back in June, Lockdown Defense was much more effective both for and against the user. I wouldn't be surprised if they're playing on an easier difficulty to try out and show off the offensive moves.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby SHAFT23 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:47 pm

they are probably playing on rookie or starter and also they only show the made shots. If more ammount of those shots missed then i'd say its a success.
SHAFT23

Postby huddy187 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:56 pm

yea they were probably playing on rookie
the game looks great cant wait to get it and
dominate with the hornets :mrgreen:
huddy187

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:01 pm

The way those shots are going down I'm certainly inclined to think so. Not that it's impossible to hit jumpers on the harder difficulty levels but the game is being a bit generous with some of the attempts in that video.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Lets get Physical.......

Postby qwomack74 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:21 am

I like the physics of the game so far. Looking at some of the slight bumps that seem to go on in the paint give me a better feeling about some of the gameplay. Assuming that this is on an easier difficulty setting, it goes to show that higher difficulty setting will make the game more realistic.
qwomack74

Postby kassian on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:21 am

I don't like Iguadola's dunk at the end.
I don't like Bargnani's Sig Shot.
Why do the benches look so empty?

real nba bench:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/image/2 ... 366155.jpg

The game looks better overall though
kassian

Re: Lets get Physical.......

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:43 pm

qwomack74 wrote:I like the physics of the game so far. Looking at some of the slight bumps that seem to go on in the paint give me a better feeling about some of the gameplay. Assuming that this is on an easier difficulty setting, it goes to show that higher difficulty setting will make the game more realistic.

I really think it has to be on Rookie or Starter because it wasn't that easy to nail contested jumpshot after contested jumpshot. Aside from that, the defensive slider settings can always be altered if we still feel it's too easy to get to the hoop or make shots but I think simply raising the difficulty will make a difference for most people.

The problem with preview videos is that they're always looking to show off players scoring so use an easy difficulty setting, or feature a user controlled team or both teams being user controlled rather than CPU vs CPU. In the case of user vs user videos, you're really not getting a good idea of what the AI is like because it comes down to how those people play the game, so you see players pulling up for threes from way behind the three point line or driving out of control more often than you would when playing the CPU.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:15 pm

Looks like there's no D.

Good D is not boring. Some steals, some jumping into the passing lane to intercept a pass then a fast break, some shot blocks, some good on body D to force a missed shot.

Every year it's the same "early build" right to release, then any player can stroll to the basket regardless of who or how many players defend him.
fjccommish

Postby cro_2pac on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:18 am

Defense wins championships! Offense comes out of the defense! It is the major part of Basketball!
..."I play every game like it is my last"... By Allen Iverson
cro_2pac

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:37 am

Trust me. . .It's just like NBA 2k. Once you can commit to playing Defense all game, or at certain parts of the game. You'll win everytime. Even if the offense is cheat. . .You can still find ways to shut down the team and gain some lead ground and maintain it in NBA live.

Most of the time, EA don't give you enough defensive tools, you just gotta be creative and know what works. Like I remember back in 03 they have a charge glitch lol, If people play cheap against you, you can always frustrate them with that "glitch" lol. You gotta play smart
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby Beatboxer on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:41 am

IMO, (this year) NBA Live's ballhandling and footplanting system is much more realistic than NBA 2K's. NBA 2K has way more mo-capped animations of real players, but on the other hand NBA Live looks so much smoother.

About D, we should trust beta-testers of the game like Andrew and others who joined the community event. :wink:

Anybody who wants to play online, please contact me via PM, e-mail or messengers!

Converting to 2K9. So watch out! :wink:

CROWD PATCH:
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?t=54690
Beatboxer

Postby Playmakers on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:59 am

I definetly like what I'm seeing out of Live 09.... :cool:

One thing to remember is that the video was most likely on a lower level for gameplay.

If they kept the same sliders and editing tools from Live 08 there will be away to take away lanes and make defenders close out and rotate better on the higher levels.

Right now, I was hoping to see improvement in the animations and passing and I must say they have taken a step up IMO.

The rest of the stuff I can go in an edit to play better.

Thanks for the video and I can't waite to get my hands on Live 09
Now Playing

Madden 10/NCAA Football 10

Currently working on NCAA Football 10 Alumni Rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... sters.html
Playmakers

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:52 am

fjccommish wrote:Looks like there's no D.

Good D is not boring. Some steals, some jumping into the passing lane to intercept a pass then a fast break, some shot blocks, some good on body D to force a missed shot.

Every year it's the same "early build" right to release, then any player can stroll to the basket regardless of who or how many players defend him.

As I said, it looks like that video was made playing on Rookie or Starter difficulty. I was playing on All-Star and Superstar difficulty at the community event and found it a lot tougher to drive past the defense or knock down jumpshots as freely as that. Lockdown Defense didn't seem to come into play in that video whereas I experienced it and was able to take advantage of it in the build that I played.

The preview videos always try and highlight the offensive moves, which obviously isn't the only thing we want to see. CPU vs CPU videos are also superior to User vs CPU or User vs User videos since you're bound to see some weird/unrealistic stuff. Unfortunately, that's what we mostly get.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby kassian on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Beatboxer wrote:NBA 2K has way more mo-capped animations of real players, but on the other hand NBA Live looks so much smoother.

I think you mixed things up.

NBA Live has more mo-cap by true NBA Players. And NBA 2K looks smoother.
:lol:
kassian

Postby Beatboxer on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:00 pm

I meant, NBA Live's footplanting looks really realistic this year. I've never played a NBA 2K at a NG console indeed. But this year, NBA Live looks like a must-buy thing for the hardcore basketball fans.

Anybody who wants to play online, please contact me via PM, e-mail or messengers!

Converting to 2K9. So watch out! :wink:

CROWD PATCH:
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?t=54690
Beatboxer

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Apollo_33 wrote:NBA Live has more mo-cap by true NBA Players. And NBA 2K looks smoother.

I can't comment on which game is smoother but I was under the impression that 2K actually did individual mo-cap for a wider variety of players in addition to signature jumpshots.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby jonthefon on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:16 pm

There still looks to be a little clipping in the game. Yes, I'm nitpicking a little but I thought in next-gen, most clipping would be gone...
jonthefon
Fucking pissed off.

Postby kassian on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:20 am

Andrew wrote:
Apollo_33 wrote:NBA Live has more mo-cap by true NBA Players. And NBA 2K looks smoother.

I can't comment on which game is smoother but I was under the impression that 2K actually did individual mo-cap for a wider variety of players in addition to signature jumpshots.

All the jumpshots were re-created by D-League players as stated. It would be just impossible to hire NBA Players to do jumpshots, looking at the number of jumpshots in 2K8.

As for the dunks, lay-ups and crossovers, they were Mocapped by G-Wallace, Iggy, CP3 and Rudy Gay.
kassian

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:25 am

jonthefon wrote:There still looks to be a little clipping in the game. Yes, I'm nitpicking a little but I thought in next-gen, most clipping would be gone...

You gonna have to tweak the game to get rid of that or reduce that
Youtube.com/ThaLiveKing
Facebook.com/ThaLiveKing
ThaLiveKing

Postby benji on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:40 pm

Or, you could just write a proper engine?
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:26 pm

Apollo_33 wrote:All the jumpshots were re-created by D-League players as stated. It would be just impossible to hire NBA Players to do jumpshots, looking at the number of jumpshots in 2K8.

As for the dunks, lay-ups and crossovers, they were Mocapped by G-Wallace, Iggy, CP3 and Rudy Gay.

I see. I don't play NBA 2K so I must have been misinformed on that one, thanks for clearing it up.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Beatboxer on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh, interesting. They are making us feel like watching a real nba action just by mo-capping unknown players and 4 nba players. I've been really misinformed too. :roll:
Beatboxer

Postby kassian on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:07 pm

I see. I don't play NBA 2K so I must have been misinformed on that one, thanks for clearing it up.

My pleasure

Oh, interesting. They are making us feel like watching a real nba action just by mo-capping unknown players and 4 nba players. I've been really misinformed too.

Well you hate to admin that the Unknown Players did a pretty good job for the majority of the sig shots. (Except of course: Redd's, Bosh's, etc.).
kassian

Postby Andreas Dahl on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:24 pm

As far as I know, they don't use "real" players to motion capture the signature shots, they use game video.
Andreas Dahl

Return to NBA Live 09