How do you do Bibbys, Marburys and Kidds go to moves?

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

How do you do Bibbys, Marburys and Kidds go to moves?

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:08 pm

When you're in the create a player menu and you go to the go to moves, you can see that Mike Bibby, Stephon Marbury and Jason Kidd have go to moves. I heard that Bibby and Marbury have signature leaners when you run to the left or right and press the shot button, but they do a generic leaner that everyone else has, Kidd is supposed to have a signature shot running away from the basket, but he also does a generic one that everyone else has.

If anyone remember how to trigger those moves please answer.

Decided to buy Live 09 for my birthday cause I really liked the game back in the day.
DiggyDiggyDoc

Re: How do you do Bibbys, Marburys and Kidds go to moves?

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:32 pm

The Go To Moves were indeed just triggered by being in the right scenario/spot on the floor and pressing shoot, sometimes combined with a direction on the left stick. I'd have to fire up the game and mess around with it, but you're on the right track there.

With that being said - and this may sound like a dumb question - but are those moves actually equipped for those players? What I mean is, they're obviously in the game to be assigned to a created player, but do the original players have those animations equipped? Sometimes oversights in the official rosters can lead to issues like that. If they are equipped, then it's just a matter of figuring out the scenario. As I said, I'll have to fire up the game and mess around with it to see if I can figure out the exact input/scenario, as I'm afraid I don't remember the specifics for those players offhand.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Thanks Andrew, since I've bought the game recently it has a base roster, and you're right I better check the moves myself by assigning them to my created player and go from there. I would really appreciate if you find out how to do the go to moves for the aforementioned players.

Btw Andrew, which live game from the PS3/Xbox 360 era do you consider to be more sim? Live 08,09 or 10?
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:43 pm

I'd go with 09 or 10. One thing I didn't like about NBA Live 10 is that the sim engine produced some terrible results as far as simulated stats in Dynasty mode. 20 and 10 players would barely average 10 and 10, for example. It also had a tendency to do weird things with the lineups of CPU-controlled teams, such as start Shaq at power forward so Zydrunas Ilgauskas could start at centre. With that being said, the gameplay is pretty damn good. NBA Live 09 holds its own though, and is a game I wish I'd spent more time with back in the day. You can blame Fallout 3 for distracting me from the virtual hardwood around that time. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:18 pm

Andrew wrote:With that being said - and this may sound like a dumb question - but are those moves actually equipped for those players? What I mean is, they're obviously in the game to be assigned to a created player, but do the original players have those animations equipped? Sometimes oversights in the official rosters can lead to issues like that. If they are equipped, then it's just a matter of figuring out the scenario. As I said, I'll have to fire up the game and mess around with it to see if I can figure out the exact input/scenario, as I'm afraid I don't remember the specifics for those players offhand.

So I tried to assign Bibbys, Marburys and Kidds go to moves to my created PG, and they didn't seem to work, whether it would be a fadeaway, a leaner, floater, or a shot running away from the basket, no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to work, I wonder if it works in the other installments of live like live 08 or 10.

When I assigned Iverson's go to move though, it worked right away.
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 am

They could be bugged, or there might be a very specific way of triggering it. I'll let you know once I've had a chance to jump on there. I do know that Iverson's works in NBA Live 08, having played that game more recently.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:54 am

Thx Andrew, I appreciate it. Yes Iverson's and other players go to moves do work. The only one's that don't work are Marburys, Bibbys and Kidds go to moves i think, and it seems that many players share Chris Pauls go to move, the floater one, and McGradys fadeaway, if they don't have a floater or a fadeaway of their own, that what I've observed in NBA Live 09 I think.
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 am

So I've gone back and taken a look, and yeah, I can't seem to trigger any unique moves with Marbury, Bibby, or Kidd. I have no idea what's going on there, and unlike NBA Live 08, there aren't any pop-up video tutorials while shooting around that demonstrate what the Go To Moves are. I do recall that NBA Live 09 did place less emphasis on them after really promoting them in NBA Live 08. I don't know what they're supposed to be for those players, as none of the usual scenarios seem to yield unique moves. I don't know what else to suggest. They may be bugged or non-existent, defaulting to the standard animations as a result.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Deleted
Last edited by DiggyDiggyDoc on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Thanks for the info Andrew.

If you have time, can you please test out if Marbury, Bibby and Kidd have the Go to Moves in Live 08 or 10, cause when I had Live 10 I remember seeing the go to moves for those players in the create a player menu and I remember triggering Marburys go to move, I might be wrong though.

If you have time that is, can you please test if the Go to Moves work in Live 08 or 10 on Xbox 360?

Once again sorry for bothering you, I appreciate your effort.
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:46 pm

They weren't among the players who had them in NBA Live 08. Only 40 players in NBA Live 08 had GTMs.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:05 pm

I see, so Bibby, Marbury, Kidd were new ones, along with Joe Johnson, Stojakovic, Dwight and Amare I guess.

Andrew, If you have time, can you please test out if Marbury Bibby and Kidd GTMvs work in Live 10 cause I remember that you could choose them in the Create a player.
I am pretty sure that Marburys works, not sure about Bibby and Kidd.

If you can please check if the GTMvs for those 3 in Live 10, thx.
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:30 am

No moves that I can work out how to trigger. By that point, the concept was being phased out. They're either very subtly different from the regular animations, or there's an issue with them.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Alright, so I dug down deeper into this and it seems that Kevin Durant's go to move was in Live 08.

Since I am trying to pull of go to moves according to this list

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... -move.html

I don't know if there's a difference between run then shoot like Pejas that works, and run and shoot like Bibbys, but this poster seems to managed to make em work.

I'll try some more before I finally give up
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Yeah, they're a lot easier to perform in NBA Live 08, since that was the game they were introduced in and really emphasised. There's also videos that demonstrate them when you switch to those players on the practice court.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DiggyDiggyDoc on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:29 pm

Well that's unfortunate with those go to moves, but I still enjoy the game.

Tried to create a bulls dynasty and build around Derrick rose, decided to go all in and win now, so the best players I was able to get were Dirk Nowitzki for Larry Hughes, Andres Nocioni and a 1st round draft pick, Pau Gasol for Drew Gooden and Luol Deng, and Ray Allen for Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon and Joakim Noah, also was able to get Stephen Jackson for Tyrus Thomas and Demerits Nichols, don't if it's the best that I can pull of.

The bench sucks though as I had to sign Sam Cassel for MLE as I have no PGs left, run Shannon Brown at SG, Thabo Sefolosha at SF, Cedric Simmons at PF, and Aaron Gray at C.
DiggyDiggyDoc

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Pretty stacked starting five, though. As long as they can stay productive and out of foul trouble, hopefully you can win with them now and shore up the bench moving forward.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09