The Speech Files - Speech Files IX (International Stars)

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

The Speech Files - Speech Files IX (International Stars)

Postby nick_collison on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 pm

The Speech Files are the answer for those tired of hearing the PA Announcer say "Number X" the whole time.

It's a collection of .wav files with speech for missing players. Each one contains a readme with instructions. Here are the editions released so far (391 players and coaches):

Speech Files List: Keeps a record of each and every player featured in the project, indicating in which pack they're included.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ndfnl0

Speech Files I: 2007 NBA Draft (58 players - all except Sammy Mejia and Milovan Rakovic).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pxobm3

Speech Files II: 2006 NBA Draft (57 players - all except Yotam Halperin). Note: Vladimir Veremeenko and Cheikh Samb are available in the Speech Files III.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mrmg1z

Speech Files III: Missing players from Live 07 and 08 (41 players).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nxie0o

Speech Files IV: Missing players -present- (52 players). Training camp invitees, undrafted rookies and free agents from the 2007-08 and 2008-09 NBA seasons.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/80v3n0

Speech Files V: 2008 NBA Draft (43 players - Patrick Ewing excluded: already available in Live 06).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mu28o6

Speech Files VI: 2009 NBA Draft (40 players)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uhkkgf

Speech Files VII: 2009 Training Camp players (33 players)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwswcr

Speech Files VIII: Coaches (20 coaches)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ea3h07

Speech Files IX: International Stars (47 players from Argentina, China, France, Germany, Greece, Italy and Spain)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5n4eoj
Last edited by nick_collison on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 16 times in total.
nick_collison

Re: nick_collison speech files

Postby XpLosibo on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:41 pm

never thought you'll release more of ur works, tried it all and it's a really great speech pack :applaud:
==========================
*** ◄®eal Gamefa©e► ***
==========================
XpLosibo

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Awesome, great to see a new release. :) Don't worry about the mispronounciations, there's only so much that can be done to replace the art and what you've done is much, much better than just having the numbers called. Thanks again!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby V.I.P on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 am

YOU JUST APPEARED OUT OF NO WHERE~
haven't seen u in a LONG TIME~
THANK GOODNESS YOUR BACK~ u came back at the right timing
all the speechids are great~
are you gonna continue with the 08 draftees like Derick ROSE ,OJ MAYO, ETC
V.I.P

Postby nick_collison on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:54 pm

V.I.P wrote:YOU JUST APPEARED OUT OF NO WHERE~
haven't seen u in a LONG TIME~
THANK GOODNESS YOUR BACK~ u came back at the right timing
all the speechids are great~
are you gonna continue with the 08 draftees like Derick ROSE ,OJ MAYO, ETC

I'll continue with every missing player that's left. Unless my speech file is horrendous, or just plain impossible to make. Rose is a given. Mayo, I don't know, I'll see if I have enough samples to create something decent.
nick_collison

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Would it be possible to create "Mayo" from the may sound in Mason and the oh sound from Antonio, perhaps?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nick_collison on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:22 am

Andrew wrote:Would it be possible to create "Mayo" from the may sound in Mason and the oh sound from Antonio, perhaps?

Don't worry, it's done. :D

The problem wasn't the Mayo part (Sean May + Carlos Arroyo/Milt Palacio). It was the O in OJ. I got it from Omar Cook. Sounds a little amateurish, but it'll do, I guess.
nick_collison

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:06 am

Forgot about Sean May. Good to hear you found a solution. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nick_collison on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:56 am

I'm compiling enough speech files to provide more patches.

I guess I'll release the 2008 NBA Draft first. People are most interested about it, I'm close to finish it, I already got 35 players including Rose, Beasley and Mayo. I'll see if I can add more people, and then it's good to go. Not adding Patrick Ewing to avoid redundancy (you can always use his father's ID).

Then, we have the 2007 NBA Draft. 30 players already finished. I'll see what else I can do.

After that, I'll try to add as many players as I can. People like Rob Kurz or Stephen Graham.

Just be patient, I'm getting there... :D
nick_collison

Postby V.I.P on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 am

thank you very much nick collison
you made this game much better
without you there wouldn't be significant update to the PC project
:bowdown:
i'll be releasing more "past" patches if you hadn't check my post yet~
V.I.P

Postby nick_collison on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:56 am

V.I.P wrote:thank you very much nick collison
you made this game much better
without you there wouldn't be significant update to the PC project
:bowdown:
i'll be releasing more "past" patches if you hadn't check my post yet~

Hey, thanks! Just trying to something for the community. :D

Once I'm done with the drafts and the extra players, I'll probably create speech files for some retro players and training camp fodder, if you're interested. I don't guarantee a patch for everyone (again, due to obvious limitations, some players are just impossible to create unless they sound awful), but many players will be included.

It's truly a shame we can't extract sounds from NBA 07, 08 and 09, because that would provide speech for lots of guys, and that could give me more sources in order to create missing players.
nick_collison

Re: nick_collison speech files - SPEECH FILES FROM NBA 08!!!

Postby nick_collison on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:53 am

MAJOR PROGRESS!!!!

I've discovered how to extract sounds from NBA Live 08!!!!! I have to test it on a NBA Live 09, but it may be possible too.

Every player with SpeechID from NBA Live 08 will be extracted. Tweaking with a sound editor is needed, but it will provide a major update!!!

I've insisted in extracting files from those newer games, and finally could, with the help of a ASF player located here:

http://egorgiy.cznhl.com/index.php?lang=eng&fold=nhl07

I knew that those NHL Russian fans are top notch modders, and usually they provide with fantastic sound utilities. That one works for NBA Live too.

Expect some great packs in the near future!!!
nick_collison

Postby V.I.P on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:45 pm

that means you don't need to do a whole lot on 07 and 08 draftees~ less work for you~
there will be more variety in the speechids~
YEAH
THATS A HUGE DISCOVERY :cheeky:
V.I.P

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Outstanding news, thanks heaps. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Rugshtyne on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 pm

It would be cool if someone make setup for this, cause i don't get it how to import it. Thanks.
Rugshtyne

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:54 pm

That's the plan for the Project. Indeed, I've already started working on that as nick and Xplosibo have been posting their latest work.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nick_collison on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:55 am

Due to these recent discoveries, you'll have to wait a little longer for the first patch. I probably will release the 2007 NBA Draft first (Oden, Durant, etc.), until I can get a PS2 NBA Live 09 edition and try to extract sounds from there too (all the 2008 draftees included). The good thing is, I'll be able to get the 60 drafted players from each year (except maybe a couple of omissions).

Andrew, I'd reccomend you use the SpeechIDs from the NBA Live editions when you're assigning them. For instance, Bargnani is 2024 in NBA Live 07 and 08. I'll provide you a list if you want.

Or, I can compile my speech files, send them to you, and then you can add Xplosibo's too. Your call.
nick_collison

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:39 am

That's what I've been doing with the files that have been released so far, using the IDs from 07 and 08. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby cxtian on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:18 pm

is it possible to make a separate installer for the speech files?
cxtian

Re: The Speech Files, by nick_collison

Postby nick_collison on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:15 pm

I've re-started my project, now entitled The Speech Files.

The Speech Files I includes every 2007 NBA Draftee, except Sammy Mejia and Milovan Rakovic. That's a grand total of 58 players. The quality is top notch, as I've extracted almost every one of them from NBA Live 08. Just some tweaking here and there, but I didn't have to do that much.

I've included a readme file to make things look more professional, and it can be useful for those that aren't familiar with speechids and Audy.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iz0mmnzmlxz

Andrew, now I remember that Audy has a problem with long names. That's why I modified that too, now the filenames are just 8 characters short. Maybe that messed up your xarplhdr.idx, because it sure happened to me.

Feel free to delete that first pack with just 11 players I created. It's useless now; it'll be improved and each of those players will be included in The Speech Files. The 2009 Draftees can stay for now, but they will also receive a revamp in the near future. When that happens, choose the Speech Files version, which should be better.
nick_collison

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:21 pm

It did, but I got it working after I started over and renamed the files in your original pack. I'll definitely download this one now that you've finished it though.

By the way, I've taken a look at NBA Live 09 PS2's speech files using the ASF editor and the news isn't great. It opens alright but as far as I can tell, the class of 2008 (Rose, Beasley etc) don't have speech files. There are some new speech files in 09 compared to 08 but it looks like they're mostly - if not all - international players.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nick_collison on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Andrew wrote:By the way, I've taken a look at NBA Live 09 PS2's speech files using the ASF editor and the news isn't great. It opens alright but as far as I can tell, the class of 2008 (Rose, Beasley etc) don't have speech files. There are some new speech files in 09 compared to 08 but it looks like they're mostly - if not all - international players.

Yes, I know. That's why I decided to release the 2007 Draft first. To see if I can come up with a solution.

In fact, I've checked the whole file, and it's almost identical to NBA Live 08. Except they included again people like Wang Zhizhi or the great Pepe Sanchez (because they are in the international squads). But that isn't useful either, as NBA Live 06 has the biggest collection of SpeechIDs in Live history.

The international players that you found are also from 08 (the Italians, the French, the rest of Argentina, etc.). I couldn't find Iran, Japan or Canada, for example.

This baffles me. Because Oklahoma City is indeed there. And if you load the All-Star weekend files, Ernie Johnson clearly names Gallinari and such. Besides, I've checked some youtube videos, and Al Murdoch (the PA Announcer) does name people like Derrick Rose or Puerto Rico's Rick Apodaca. Which leads me to two possibilities:

1) For whatever reason, they didn't include the Arena speech files for the rookies in the PS2 version. I'm leaning towards this option. I'm trying to get a PS3 or Xbox version, and see if the sounds are extractable.

2) They rookies are coded in a different way. It's improbable, as everything else can be heard, but possible.

Maybe in a couple of days, I can answer you more clearly regarding this conflict.
nick_collison

Postby Rugshtyne on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Damn, i hate Audy 06. When i open that xarplhdr.idx it says : "An error Ocurred".. Oh well.. I will wait for completed file...
Rugshtyne

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:28 pm

nick_collison wrote:1) For whatever reason, they didn't include the Arena speech files for the rookies in the PS2 version. I'm leaning towards this option.

It's quite likely. I haven't actually played the PS2 version since I did my impressions and review but with everything else that's missing or just plain sloppily done in the PS2 version, it wouldn't surprise me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nick_collison on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Well...

I'm advancing with the project. The 2006 NBA Draftees will be released shortly. Again, more than 50 players are guaranteed.

On the other hand, I was able to get my hands on NBA Live 09 XBox 360 edition, but the ASF Viewer can't find the speech files in there. Probably they modified the file structure in some way or another. The archives are probably extractable, but we need the proper editor to do so. Until then, tough luck.

So, my last hope is the Wii version. I know it was developed by the same guys that gave us the PS2 one, but maybe they put a little more effort into it. Besides, there's nothing to lose, so I'll give it a shot.
nick_collison

Next

Return to NBA Live 06