Can't change Player Roles in Association

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Can't change Player Roles in Association

Postby Renao on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey guys,

this platform is been a nice ressource for me and my friends for many years.

But now I got my first ingame problem:

When I bought NBA 2k9 I started an Association and left some Assistants activated to get easier into the game.
After the first season a lot of my players were frustrated, because of their roles, so I tried to change them - but it didn't work.

To "rescue" my work in the first season I decided to trade the players I wasn't able to resign.

Now, in the 2nd season I saw that I noticed that I still had an assistant activated, who organizes the Player Roles.
I deactivated that, but now, when I try to change the roles, I get a message with the players reaction, but in the end the roles are setted back to the old status.

That's very frustrating because some of my youngsters on the bench get a lot playing time at all, but because of their roles they want to leave Chicago.

Is there a way to solve that? Or am I doing anything wrong?

Please help! :)

Thanks!
Renao

Re: Can't change Player Roles in Association

Postby imefimef on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:00 pm

after u edit it, save it
They say "b!tc#" is the new black, well i say black is the new president b!tc#.
imefimef

Re: Can't change Player Roles in Association

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 pm

^Yeah. Once you press the button to select the new role, it tells you whether the player's morale improved, remained unchanged or worsened. You can press the crossover button to cancel that change, or press the pass button to confirm that change. Also, you can only get a certain amount of role changes every now and then. For instance, I had a player who was unhappy so I changed his role from role player to sixth man and his morale improved a little bit, but he was still unhappy. I changed his role again but kept him a sixth man, just changing the description of the role. If it said his morale improved, I confirmed it by pressing the pass button and then repeated the process to further increase his morale until he was satisfied or I was out of role changes. Anytime it stated that his morale remain unchanged or worsened, I would cancel the role change with the crossover button and try again.

If you have alot of unhappy players, you may have too many guys with a high rating. Once players get into the 75-80 range they definitely need to be role players, and some want to be a sixth man. Once they are above 80 for a while, they will start to show signs of a dropping morale and their agent will say that his client thinks he deserves a better role.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older