Introduction of Starting lineups before tip-off and freestyle superstar movie ?

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Introduction of Starting lineups before tip-off and freestyle superstar movie ?

Postby 4PEAT GrandSlam on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 pm

In NBA LIVE 06, the players were introduced before tip off and there's a cut scene before the game for a freestyle superstar skill

Is there a tool to put that in Live 08?
4PEAT GrandSlam

Re: Introduction of Starting lineups before tip-off and freestyle superstar movie ?

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:32 am

Using the xscripts.viv and scdata.sbk files from NBA Live 06 would probably work. Those are the cutscene files, and generally speaking, they've been interchangeable between 2005-08.

The files are located in the main game folder, under the scripter subfolder.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Introduction of Starting lineups before tip-off and freestyle superstar movie ?

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:56 pm

For the record, I've just tested it, and while it won't cause a crash, it seems to randomly pick a player with FSS abilities, and always show them performing the Power FSS moves. This isn't surprising, as NBA Live 08 moved away from the concept and utilises that data field (and legacy FSS moves) a little differently than NBA Live 06 and NBA Live 07.

If you'd like to see some different line-up introductions and cutscenes though, Dc311 has previously uploaded the NBA Live 2005 scripter. Just backup your files before overwriting them, in case you want to restore them quickly and easily.

Cutscene Update for NBA Live 08
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby 4PEAT GrandSlam on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Ok thank you sir Andrew, how about on the statements before the game that says The NBA properties etc.... how to make it from left to right?
4PEAT GrandSlam

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're getting at there.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby 4PEAT GrandSlam on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:51 pm

I mean when you recently open the game, there will be a disclaimer notice showing up about copyright. The default position of the text there is from the left but the mod NBA ACTION 15 turns it into right. How to make that one? I'm sorry for bad english, English is not my native language, sorry about that if you don't mind.
4PEAT GrandSlam

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:19 am

Best to ask Manni and the others about that. I haven't made any modifications like that myself.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 08