PSX Extreme Preview

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

PSX Extreme Preview

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 09, 2007 2:15 am

only real good info is right here
The players will move and respond more accurately, and so will the ball thanks to improved physics. We all remember the early days of b-ball video games where the ball always, always hit the rim, regardless of where you shot it from (NBA Jam, anyone?), and oddly enough, that hasn’t changed all that much. Sure, launching a ball from half-court would probably be off-target, but no matter how hard you hit the rim and regardless of the angle, the ball rarely bounced more than a few feet. In Live 08, we’ll finally have long rebounds, and more than one player will actually go for it. Any player in the vicinity of a rebound will attempt to snag the ball, and boxing out will be a more frequent phenomenon. It’s just another aspect of the gameplay that appears to have been completely revamped, and another aspect that probably needed it.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-previews/68.html

Stolen from operationsports.com's front page.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed May 09, 2007 4:08 am

Thanx
ThaLiveKing

Postby Anti4 on Wed May 09, 2007 4:18 am

cool,its look nice
MICHAEL JORDAN
Anti4

Postby [Q] on Wed May 09, 2007 6:37 pm

hey Jao, how's the next gen 07 game compare to current gen? I've played current gen and wasn't too thrilled but if next gen was tolerable, I might get Live 08 for ps3.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Wed May 09, 2007 6:54 pm

Qballer, you have played the 08 current gen?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 09, 2007 9:59 pm

nah he was asking about NG 07 and CG 07

My story with NG07 is this, I bought it the day it came out with the PC version and I returned the 360 version 2 days later so I could get 2k7.

I got it back a couple months ago on ebay for like 20 bucks. The graphics are decent. They aren't great IMO, but they are good. The courts look amazing but the crowd and the arenas are kinda dull. The player animations are horrible. Dunk animations where the player hangs on the rim "finish" a good 6 inches above the rim, then they kinda jerk down so they actually touch the rim. The ani's really do blend horribly and the running animations are trash. NVM the dunk contest, playing that gave me a headache....actually the whole game does.

I have only played 1 "fun" game with Live 07 NG, and that was against a friend playing with no rules. I do play Live 06 NG though, that one is decent. But 07 NG is just bad... that is why I am waiting on a demo and user reviews on 08.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA Live 08