Yet another new article on GAMESPOT.COM

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Yet another new article on GAMESPOT.COM

Postby Jumpman2315 on Sat May 05, 2007 1:31 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/nbal ... lt;title;6

more of the same info as in the IGN and Gamespy articles with some smidgen of new info (more active camera zoom, post-whistle animations, etc)

enjoy!
Jumpman2315

Postby Tuomas on Sat May 05, 2007 6:42 pm

My take on the whole situation :

As much as I would like for EA to really implement these things and make them as good as they sound, I remember the same bragging last year, maybe a couple of years before as well. If they really really put effort in this, like they seem to put in other sport franchises, Live could be something after a long time. Now I've had big criticism towards the franchise since Live 05 and I won't be bought into these pretty talks but if the reviews are positive and the game won't get the usual treatment from the reviewers, which it has deserved during the couple of years, I will take a chance with it.

One of the reasons for my high hopes is that I've played NBA2k7 at my friends a lot, and I still really don't like it that much. It's good and all stat-wise and everything, but the control scheme isn't that good and functional plus it isn't very intuitive: sometimes you feel that you don't get the result you're looking for. All of before of course are my own opinions. So if Live manages to get the game playable, implements all the things they say, gets the stat engine somewhat right and a lot of other things are fixed, it could be a good game. Plus I'm looking to switch to next gen during the summer (finally). But... there's lot to prove before they can convince me to buy the game, at this point it takes a lot from them.
Tuomas

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun May 06, 2007 12:59 am

Like them I am optimistic. . .Last year I expected better and was disappointed. . .So while my hopes are high, they are not that High, so if EA makes another crap game, no one would be suprised. But I honestly think EA will have it right this year
ThaLiveKing

Postby Sauru on Sun May 06, 2007 3:33 am

gotta tell ya, i am not that excited, will i buy it? yes, always do, but i am not at all hyped about it yet. best thing i have heard so far is they wanna go back to the basics and ditch all the stupid gimmicks
Sauru

Postby Patr1ck on Sun May 06, 2007 1:02 pm

I preordered with my birthday coupon. I am optomistic that the game won't be as bad as 07 out of the box. I predict a rating of 7~ from gamespot.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun May 06, 2007 6:22 pm

Thanks for posting, Jumpman2315. :)

Tuomas wrote:One of the reasons for my high hopes is that I've played NBA2k7 at my friends a lot, and I still really don't like it that much. It's good and all stat-wise and everything, but the control scheme isn't that good and functional plus it isn't very intuitive: sometimes you feel that you don't get the result you're looking for.

Aside from the fact it's released on PC, that's one of the main reasons I'm still sticking with Live and would like to see it get better; I just don't like Isomotion. I guess it comes down to what you're used to but to me it just feels awkward compared to Freestyle particularly when you want to attempt a particular dribbling move, which after all is the whole point of having complete control over the players' movements. I don't think the 2K games are bad or have nothing to offer but I'm just not inclined to make the switch.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 08