NBA TV ON NBA LIVE?

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

NBA TV ON NBA LIVE?

Postby Shame94 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Well the NBA Live Franchise apparently went to hell in 2006 and we got stuck with the garbage that was NBA Live 07. However, with that being said, I think one feature that could help with the annual progress of the game would be to somehow implement NBA TV into the game. When I say this, I mean like a special section within the regular user interface as well as in the Dynasty Mode. For example, when the game first starts up and you get to the Main Menu screen and click on the NBA TV icon, you would come to a new screen that would look like the real NBA TV studio and have button icons on the following subjects:

Greatest Players in NBA History:
- Essentially maybe feature video clips of guys like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Wilt, Russell, the Big O and a few more

The History of the Game:
- Possibly a 5-10 minute video on how the game evolved, from Naismith to the current day

All Star Moments:
-Clips of famous All Star Games like Magic's MVP in 92', the very first All Star Game, Spud Webb and the Dunk Contest a clip of the 3 point contests won by Bird and Craig Hodges etc.

Coaches Corner:
-Possibly have people talk about Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy, Pat Riley, and Bill Russell and their influence on the game

Furious Finishes:
- A collection of maybe 10 of the best end game situations in NBA History, ex. Reggie Miller's heroic against NY in 94', The Lakers comeback against Portland in 2000, Bulls vs. Suns triple overtime in the 93' Finals

As for the Dynasty section of NBA TV it would include all the things mentioned above but also:

Newspaper
- Something similar to Madden's News articles, with maybe 3 to 4 articles on a team and a couple of lines in each. The paper could come out twice a month. Topics could include winning + losing streaks, trade rumors, possibility of Coaches getting fired, and season expectations

Calendar (This Day in NBA History)
- A calendar that when you click on might show a brief highlight of a pop up of what occurred on a specific day in NBA History. For ex. Wilt's 100 point game, Jordan drops 63 on Celts, Nuggs defeat Pistons 186-184 (I think), things like that

Interviews:
- I'm not sure how this would be implemented but interviews with stars like: Iverson, Vince, Pierce, T-Mac, Duncan, Kobe, Nash, on basic stuff like what they expected this season, how they feel the team is doing, what they think of the long homestand or tough road schedule. That way, players speak and seem more then just graphics moving on a screen.

Now I realize what I'm suggesting sounds like a lot, but I'm sure it could be done. It may take a lot of work, but I think these things would be a worthwhile addition to a drowning franchise.
"God want us to win the world championship," Sir Charles, Phoenix, 1993
Shame94

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:50 pm

Those ideas are really cool and would add a lot of depth to Dynasty Mode, aiding in emulating the NBA experience. However, I still feel that problems with the existing elements of the game - gameplay quirks and Dynasty Mode performance - are more pressing issues.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby AdamPerna2007 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:01 pm

Sounds very good, the only thing about NBA TV that Id like to see in the game is a scoreboard, or when someone steals the ball or scores, their stats should come up like they do in a real game.
GO MAGIC
DWIGHT HOWARD OR T-MAC 4 MVP
AdamPerna2007

Postby OldFoolStyle on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:15 am

Hmmm, lemme see here. More pressing issue, not enough video clips that people would only watch once, or post players like Shaq and STAT being limited to only one move when backing down their defenders?.

I'll take the complete overhaul of the low post game, anything else would just be an extra.
OldFoolStyle

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:53 am

Having an option to watch an NBA TV broadcast in the front end menu's would be a good, but probably only a next generation capable feature. I wouldn't want predefined videos because they would be the same each time. I think a good idea would be to network online gamers through a ticker that can show the scores of other games that are being played at the same time, whether it be thereal NBA, or NBA Live online players.

I would not like to see any feature like this soon, as it would most likely be a marketing strategy to sell the game, rather than actually improving on the game itself. Agreeing with Andrew, gameplay and Dynasty are the most important.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby herbis11 on Sun May 27, 2007 1:09 am

c'mon..if all of our wishlist came true, the new Nba live 08 would cost about 200$ or more(think about it) :!:
herbis11

Postby 'Sheed on Sun May 27, 2007 5:02 am

If you'll propose this to EA, they would love to make another commercialized game and turn down the whole improved gameplay ideas to live 09.
'Sheed

Return to NBA Live 08