Official NBA Live 08 Wishlist Thread

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Postby DRD24 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:32 am

summer league, d-league, some national team
DRD24

Postby Titan7x on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:31 am

Gameplay:
  • Able to save and load games in between quarters.
  • Auto replay some highlight reel during end of quarters/game.
  • Prevent activation of impossible dunk and layup when the distance is still far. Use the two buttons for something else before entering the hot zone.
  • Able to auto load the team strategy/playbook settings used from last game.
  • When someone from user's team is injured, let the user decide who will be replacing him.
  • In substitution menu, other than the stamina bar, also add in the players' number of fouls.
Dynasty Mode:
  • Show some "news tickers" during free throws or timeout or even during game. Such as a news tickers showing results of other games, or injuries, etc.
  • Create new team, expansion draft.
  • Players should also be able to gain "additional experience points" during games.
    Example:
    • The more a player made successful 3-pointers, the faster he should be able to "level up" his 3pt rating.
    • Once a player accumulate 10 3pt, his 3pt rating will be increased by 1, etc.
  • More dunk/layup packages to choose for. And indicates under what conditions will the particular dunk be made, such as perform dunk7 when 3 feet from the basket with no defender, etc.
  • Able to see players' contract in trading menu.
  • Do Not auto-reset the player rotation every time when there are changes in the IR list.
  • Cash can be included in trade packages.
  • Player Movement Chart.
  • For trainings, instead of the current Offense/Defends/Athletic, let the user select which categories to train for.
    Example: Train player12 on Def Rebounding and Stamina.
  • Have some players/ free agents "offering" to join/recontract your team at a low agreement.
  • Have some stars rookies.
  • Add personalities to each players. Such as player3 loves to shoot 3s and daunt his defender. And personalities may change over the years.
X-Factor/FSS/All-Star Games:
  • Allow more players to have x-factor during games. Different x-factors for each quarters/half.
  • Add a "Draw Fouls" superstars category.
  • Add more short animations after performing a successful moves. Such as Mutombo's finger wagging :wink: .
    Get rid of the show-off bicep animation.
  • Show informations such as team and stats for players' intro in All-Star Games.
Others:
  • Special players introduction for Rivalry Games, and decisive games during playoffs. Also include stats and histories between the 2 teams.
  • Different "courtside music and chants" for each home teams.
  • Replays should focus on the ball, and the length should be longer.
  • Special replays for buzzer beaters. (Currently no replay at all)
  • Use gamepad in all menu. Don't want to keep switching between gamepad, mouse and keyboard.
  • Revamp the user interface. For years, the PC version's interface looks like playing old console game using emulator :P .
Titan7x

Postby InsertScaryName on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 am

Titan7x wrote:
  • Revamp the user interface. For years, the PC version's interface looks like playing old console game using emulator :P .

lol that's true :lol:

just played 07 and... I have to say again that the crowd looks ridiculous >< PLEASE do something with the crowd... i payed attention to their animation during a freethrow and it really hurts the eyes...

they also should fix that one: if u take a timeout the players of the home-team walk towards the bench players of the visiting team -.-

a 2nd stamina bar would be very useful too. i mean something like a sprint-bar which gives u a boost for a fastbrake.it shouldnt last very long(just as long as a fastbrake takes..).in real life everyone would run for his life if he has the chance to make a spectacular dunk.and i HATE when the defensive player catches up with me...

and another thing, these ideas about showing highlights during half-time is brillant (i like this "buzzer-beater-replay-thing" too)

-E-D-I-T-
DAMN just watched a x360 2k7 vid and i have to say that nba live badly needs a much better physics engine... u know what.? we should send these guys just the link of this vid
.:The sky is the limit:.
InsertScaryName

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:25 pm

DRD24 wrote:Michael Jordan in 90's All-Stars team

Unfortunately that's unlikely to happen anytime soon since issues with likeness rights prevent it. Hopefully that roadblock will be cleared some day.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Hicks007 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:58 am

Many have already been mentioned, but I've lost track so I'll just list what's on my mind:

1) Sprinkle in 1-5 future "superstars" into every dynasty draft, and 1-10 future "all-stars" into every draft. Seems like no matter what you never get a guy who's going to be on par with 90% of the "name" players in the NBA. Some of them should be in in the low 80's in overall rating either immediately or within a year, and they should (the superstars) be able to improve into the 90's.

2) Fix the issue during dynasty drafts where it seems like 99% of all shooting guards are no taller than 6 feet 5 inches, and most are 6'2" ! Point guards are all usually 6'2" to 5' and change. Some should be a little taller. At least 6'4". As for the shooting guards, most should be between 6'5" and 6'7", not 6'2" and 6'5".

3) While playing, there are times (I seem to specifically recall this happening the most during the time when players are going for a rebound) where I could be holding the left analog to the left, but my player spins and runs to the right.

4) Add dynamic player improvement/regression during a season and/or dynasty. For example, if I'm hitting 90% of my free throws with Ben Wallace, over the course of the season it should climb noticeably in rating. The same if I'm grabbing a lot of boards with someone, dishing a lot of assists, getting more steals/blocks, or simply hitting more layups to improve inside scoring. This was something Inside Drive had back during their 2002, 2003 years and was very nice. You were rewarded for playing the right way, so to speak.

5) Please return the awesome feature of 2000: Create a custom team.

6) Allow users to create offensive plays. Preferably, these plays should be able to be used online.

7) Incorporate all of the CBA rules to trade and free agent scenarios. 2007 took a big step forward here, but it's not complete.

8) Allow more than 3 players/picks to be traded at once.

9) Allow 3 and 4 -team trades.

10) Add legendary teams from the past for each team like in Madden. You don't need to get their names/faces/etc., just give them their correct numbers and stats, call Jordan "#23" for a 1996 Bulls team, for example. Also an "All-*team name*" Roster.

11) Include ABA legends in the legends pool. And come to think of it, include (if worthy, such as with the Indiana Pacers), ABA rosters to the legendary teams for a franchise.

12) Make the PC edition of Live match current-gen systems (360, PS3), not last-gen (XBOX, PS2) in terms of graphics and features. My PC can handle more, and I'm far from alone (and mine is 3 years old!)

13) Ask for the user's favorite team at start-up like in Madden to feature videos/pics of that team on the menus (while leaving the "default" as an option to just show league-wide superstars as it is now).
Hicks007

Postby btam2 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:03 pm

- I prefer the old style of free throw shooting instead of moving cursor or pressing buttons to make arms go up and down.

- Others been saying make camera stay the way you wanted it to...def. would like that

- Save a game...not to cheat but sometimes I just didn't finish a game and needa go do something. So there were times where I left my laptop on overnghts and stuff.

- Can actually participate in team practices and drills which can help with ratings and improvements. Yeha people can just spend a whole day running drills to get ratings up, but to make it mre challenging, we have to watch how we use the pratcies to make sure we don't tire out the players too much - EA kinda has something like that right now. FOcusing on one aspect of the game can effect fatigue and stamina

These are just the unessary fun stuff that I would alos like, but afterrr EA does a good job on gameplay and have nothing else to do but add more random stuff:

- Mascot running around interacting with fans or "taunt" oppising team during intros (i dunno about other teams, but Benny the Bull of Chicago either read sthe newspaper in front of the opposing team during their intros or pretends he fell asleep or he stands on his head...i dunno what that does)

- I read from someone have more bench interaction like players and coaches and asst. coaches. When a players hurt see a trainer run out or even the coach too like in real life would.

- Also from someone else - if someone's not happy, tell us where they wanna go so if they're a FA, we don't lose em for nothing if we don't think they're gonna resign. We can do a trade to at least get something.

- Quick like a one minute half time show thingy with the dancers and/or mascot.

- DOn't make players look like zombies, show some emotion. If EA's gonna add a game intensity feature, actually show that the game's getting more intense and people are more into it rather than seeing a bar go up. Make players so much more reaction, more excited chest bumping pat i nthe backs when you're up...more hand gestures and talking and motivating each other when you're down. Make the crowd cheer louder, and don't make them sit back down!
btam2

Postby ecb1 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:41 am

1.ProHop&Backdown
2.All-Star Votes in Dynasty(İn my dynasty Primoz Brezec East's Center)
3.Tactical defensive matchups
4.Set team offensive-defansive in during the match
5.Multiple team trades
6.I didn't see flagrant foul&defensive 3 seconds.Did you?
7.Preseason games
8.Halftime shows
9.Show to the team your tactics in timeouts
9.Defensive X-Factor
ecb1

Postby btam2 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:48 am

good idea on the on the preseason games, so we can get to do what real coaches do...test out the players who usually dont get to play so we cna get a feel for them and know their potential in games...having ithem in the practice mode just isn't enough
btam2

Postby #12 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:37 am

-FIX ALL BUGS AND GLITCHES
-change PC version to Next-gen port-if thats not possible add the next-gen ratings
-more camera angles
-be able to skip post-play animations during a game, skip free throw rituals
-15 PLAYERS ON A ROSTER
-3 team trades
-all the exceptions in dynasty mode e.g. bird rights
-trade future draft picks
-change backdown back to l1 or l2
-preseason games
-make sure you monkey test the games for a very long time because live 07 had a lot of glitches and bugs
-create a team

EXTRA
-Be able to trade and use custom rosters online on the console version
-Pre-game shoot around(I don't know if they have this in next gen)
-my ideas for FSS-
who really uses all the FSS moves? they should scrap it and use a new system

e.g. depending where you are,
holding l1+shoot would do a random special shot
holding l1+pass would do a random special pass
just holding l1 would do a random special standing crossover, triple threat move(Chris Bosh) or post move
holding l1+right analog stick any direction would do an ATTACKING random special crossover, triple threat or post move.
*Of course a C would not have l1+pass
allstars and superstars would have more random special moves

All I can think of now

Postby Nick on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:12 pm

Some of these wishes are lame - "Better AI, More animations"

First of all, i hope for:
1. Teams make subs
2. The point guard distributes the ball.

^ Things that would've been in a NBA Live 97 wishlist, but EA couldn't even get it right for 2007.

Here are a few farfetched wishes different from the norm:
1. Legacy is a key word for dynasty mode. If EA can figure out how to make it possible for a user to create legacies (whether it be with a team or player) then dynasty mode will be much better. Perhaps a form of media is a good idea?

2. Basketball card creator (click the link to see opinions about it from others) in replay mode. Whether it be for earning points in dynasty mode, or just for the sake of saving a basketball card onto your computer for fun and sharing it with others.

3. Add Wingspans (click the link to see opinions about it from others) to player ratings. have 3 options; short, standard or Long. Or even 5 options of Very short, short, standard, long, very long.

4. Pay more attention to statistic presentation. I find this one of the most interesting things about the NBA. Provide more indepth stats that go beyond the regular. (Such as efficiency?) This means player profiles need to be IMPROVED.

That's all for now.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:45 pm

i've said this for years now:
it's a bitch to spend 15-20 minutes on a trade that works with the salaries and all that, but when one team will have more than 15 people, that pisses me off. they should allow the trade to go through if both teams accept and the team with >15 must immediately waive a player.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby InsertScaryName on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:00 am

" OMG LOL I THOUGHT I WAS LOOKIN A REAL LIFE BASKET BALL FOR A SEC. IM NOT PLAYIN lol shit looks so fuckin realistic " this is a comment by some1 who's watched a 2k7 gameplay vid. and the same goes for me, too. i mean in 07 the sg/sf makes the throw in and walks slowly to the frontcourt. but in 2k7 he sprints. just like in real life. and another thing about the throw-ins. if the game's getting more intense then the throw-ins should be done much quicker than normally. PLEASE make this game look more realistic...
.:The sky is the limit:.
InsertScaryName

Postby super_man322000 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:53 pm

better scouting....like import players from international leagues like huge links from europe and d-league and the rest of the players can be scouted from international.
super_man322000

Postby super_man322000 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:01 pm

and also be able to extend contracts
super_man322000

Postby Metsis on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Well, I didn't have time and energy to read through all of the suggestions, but here are some of mine...

The gameplay is pretty good... (Don't flame me for this) But some things need to be improved.

- The threepoint line... How did you mess that up? The line is like a zone with varying width in Live 07... You never know what's a three point shot and what is not. Unless you are a clearly behind the line. This has never been a problem with Live. Alhtough there were those crazy collision things in NBA Live 95, where you could actually end up shooting a three pointer from the free throw line. But since then. A three is a three and no questions about it. Is it so hard to calculate how far is the player from the basket and where he is on the court???

- The defense... The defense in Live 07 looks nice and good and sometimes results are good, but more than often the AI just walks to the basket and takes a shot and there's nothing you can do about it. The animation, you know where the players battle for position is nice and all, but that has like zero effect on anything and everything. The AI can just take a step back and put up a shot before you have time to react to it...

- - I'm not calling for more blocks and steals, as the numbers for these are pretty nice in 07, but more effect for the defense. It seems to me that all that bumping and shot contesting has zero effect on the offensive player. The hand-in-your-face factor needs to be an effect on the game... And maybe a shot contesting should result in a block every once in a million years or it could result in a shooting foul... But the percentages should go down if someone bumps the offensive player off his balance and then there's someone contesting the shot.

- - Fade-away shot cannot be contested or blocked in 07... The commentators always comment about an easy shot when at least the AI does a fade-away jumper. Uncontested jumper vs. uncontested fade-away jumper should always result in the favor of uncontested jumper. There are T-Mac's and Kobe's that make a living with the fade-away, but there's a reason they are franchise players. It ain't easy. So what am I getting at... If you hit a jumper with 60% certainty, you should hit a fade-away jumper with 45% certainty. But if the shot is contested, the percetage drop for the normal jumper should be like 5-35%, but for the fade-away jumper 5-25%... What I mean is that the normal jumper would have more success against a poor defender and when faced up with a great defender, then you would have to shoot that fade-away shot so that you would have a chance of making it since the great defender was in your face. Getting a good shot off against Boykins or Josh Smith are two totally different things...

- - Rebounding... The player controlled team needs to rebound way better. Right now, the player has to do all the rebounding and as usual AI beats you to it so often. During the still-so-obvious-come-back-code the AI will get all the offensive boards it needs, if it happens to miss a shot. It's amazing how two teams with near equal rebound counts for 2 quarters can suddenly go 18-4 in a quarter when the come-back-code kicks in... Rebounding is something all the players should do on automatic, and not something the player should be too worried about.

- - Rebounding... Again, you should be able to box out. Lock a player in it's position with a defensive player, if you are between the basket and the offensive player. This involves a lot of grabbing and hand usage in real life, but it's by the book in this situation. Can you box out in Live 07???

- Intensity... I know that this is a new feature for Live 07, but does it only work for the AI team??? The result usually from this "game intensity" thing ramping up is that the AI starts to hit everything and is nearly unstoppable and the player starts to miss any and all attempts to score... Oh, wait this is the new name for the comeback code isn't it???

I have to admit that I have not played NBA Live 07 as much as I have the previous versions... Been busy with work and all that, but these things above really turned me off of the game... I have played some Lives nearly religiously, but this one just didn't click for me like it used to... 06 was better than this. At least you knew you were going for a three at the end of the game...

On the dynasty front... The new features need more implementation and more hands on approach... The chemistry is buried in the menu as are all the rumour things etc. etc. If you push back on the "PDA" when you have no unread mails left, can you open it up somewhere? I didn't have the energy to look for this... The menu system is still like New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, just a huge mess! All the features are buried like 6-7 or 15 clicks away, when you should only need 2-3 to get to them... The main menu should fit onto the screen with the calendar... At least with Next gen and especially with PC! The UI should be exactly like the one used for NHL 2003!!!! It's the best UI ever created for a sports game and it was trashed because it didn't work for the consoles!!! NHL 2003, one main page with all the needed information!

- The rumor mill is an excellent idea for a feature in Live 07... And like everything else, it was so badly implemented that I just wanted to throw up! There was no interaction there at all. You could, after finding the Rumor Mill in the stats section of the menu (why the F is it there BTW), send your assistant to check up on a rumor... Ok he reports to you via the PDA that the rumor is true or not! But that's it. No link to the rumor. No link to the rumor page in the PDA message so that you could open the rumor page with just one click (like training a player or scouting) so you could set another rumor task for the man. You again have to click like gazillion time to open the page and then go over the rumors again if there is something intresting. ONE HUGE IMPROVEMENT IDEA! Have the guy look out for certain types of rumors, like free agents, trades, player happiness etc. etc. and then inform you over the PDA that there are some rumors that might intrest you going around.

BUT MOST OF ALL, THE UI NEEDS TO GO! It makes the features in this game unmanagable! The incredibly horrible UI has killed all the cool new dynasty features for Live 07... First off, you can't find them and second you need to go through 5-6 menus to get anything done!

If the gameplay doesn't change and the UI is as horrible as it's been for the last couple of games... You just might lose some really long time customers that want a streamlined product that actually looks and feels good instead of that console shit that's been coming out the past couple of years.

Hire me EA! Let me design the dynasty UI for you! Take the UI from NHL 2003 and tweak it to fit your needs! It has everything at your finger tips... That was something so wonderful I've never been so impressed with a sports game interface as I was with it... I fell in love. Having crappy console interfaces after that is an insult! After EA shows that it can make an UI that is like a gift from GOD herself and then completely trash it is like the work of satan...

And I'm not a religious person... At all... But someone should sent the inquisition there to get truth out...
Metsis

Postby Leon43 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:42 am

It is necessary to change bodies at players, especially at centers . Almost all the centers very thick or fat any. And in general, there is no proportionality between players and all around (a court , height of a ring and more..)
Leon43

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Some good stuff so far, keep it coming everyone. (Y) The list will be submitted very soon along with a supplement similar to last year.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby UltraNIX on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:18 am

B.Kobe wrote:It is necessary to change bodies at players, especially at centers . Almost all the centers very thick or fat any. And in general, there is no proportionality between players and all around (a court , height of a ring and more..)

one more thing, regarding bodies - add those retro bodies. back then, the players weren't as athletic as they are now...i would also be very happy having such body types like manute bol - extremely skinny center with a very long skinny arms and legs.

3pt line is a concern this year as welll....

and that comeback thing kills...you either shoot 75% or the CPU catches up after some misses. then rebounding and defense becomes non-factor and almost turns off eventually. it has never been a game (i play 8min/qtr game) when CPU PF grabbed less than 15 rebs. it often turns out to be 20. while my best rebounders grab 6-8 at most. 11 at very lucky times.
UltraNIX

Postby cheater1034 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:10 am

I like all of these ideas ;) I hope EA listens to the consumers. Pretty much everything I can think of was said, I just want to emphasize a few ;)

1.) More realistic player models, tattoos, jerseys, courts, etc. Also, I've never seen larry hughes in my entire life in a game without wearing a headband, but in NBA Live he seems to be lacking one ;)
2.) Instant Replay after good plays, etc.
3.) NEXT-GEN PORT! My PC is far superior than any console :-p (I know many aren't,
4.) Listen to all of these wishes
cheater1034

Postby UltraNIX on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:47 am

and one more damn bug... when the offensive player jumps on you - you are "awarded" with a defensive foul (instead of offensive call for the player who jumped into)..this is annyoing and really decides close games.
UltraNIX

MY WISHES

Postby creammaster on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:54 pm

-Some improvements in slam-dunk contest(allow to to use another player to make a pass or jump over him :))
-fix PG domination
-allow users to maker their own offensive strategies(setup blocks ect.)
-add some more classic teams like chicago 96,92 lakers 87,2000 boston 86 philadelphia 83, houston 94, san antonio 99 etc. or even better retro roster files(season 9798, season 8586, sesason 9293, 2001/2002...
-improve 3pt percentage
-make the game more real by decreasin dunk/lauup effectivness and insisting on tactics
-increase points given in the slam dunk contest when dunking from long-range ft line ect. and make more of those dunks
-add a new superstar in offense named "dribler" or smt like that that got an extraordinary ability to pass between the players
-add more details about player jumping/dunking( for example Vince Carter and Dominique wilkins gather better with both-legs, but MJ, Scottie Pippen and Kobe Bryant gather better from their left leg)
-add an attribute named "influence" that shows how's players's influesnce working on a team( influence is grater the team plays better)
BELIVE...
creammaster

Postby endofeye on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:39 pm

It's late and I haven't read the rest of the post because I don't have time and what not.

I would like to see a all time greatest teams option like how Madden has the best all time football teams.

80's Celtics/Lakers 90's Bulls etc.
endofeye

Postby dayan on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:34 pm

Don't sure if it wasn't mentioned above:
I wish Starting line-up selection(like in "Play now" mode) to be added into on-line play.
dayan

Postby diddy on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:00 pm

i've got one more wish:
when i play dynasty i want to see some video features every week, for exmple - player of the week ?! :lol: and let the game cut some scenes and shom me at POW effort!
then LARGE wish to see plays of the game, when u finish any quarter and game shows u key moments, or highlight dunks or alley-oups or smth! there will be real realistic moments and it get game much more interresting! smth like that!
only god can judge me
My graphic thread My Recent Blog Entry
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby Damnation on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:37 pm

I do agree with most above, but please EA, try to concentrate more to online side of the game.

-Chat consol in game is more than pathetic.
-Polish the code so it wont be causing lag (cant help ppl's connections)

well list would be long, but over all, don't forget to make sure all things work on online side too (sliders, playbooks etc.), so community shouldnt need to solve the basic thingies...

-D-
Damnation

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 08