Since Live 07's was submitted, here's my Live 08 wishlist

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Since Live 07's was submitted, here's my Live 08 wishlist

Postby Ray AP19 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:56 pm

-An option to play 1-on-1, 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 against the CPU in the Xbox 360's practice court.

-(More) custom moves for players. I'm not sure if I noticed any in 2006 (I think I saw LeBron's signature dunk as well as some Josh Smith exclusives), but some moves like Jason Kidd's off-the-glass alley-oop or Nash's sly dimes would be cool.

-Make the block button pressure-sensitive. I don't know if I'm alone, but I find myself jumping prematurely a lot during a game, because, unlike real life, you can't stop yourself once you hit the block button. But if it were pressure-sensitive, you could start to press it but stop yourself once you realize it's a pump fake or whatever, and your man will only lift his arms and maybe jump forward slightly, but won't commit fully to the block.

Also, if you pressed it with all your might, you'd be able to do a powerful block with the likes of Josh Smith, Ben Wallace, etc., which disallows an immediate second-chance opportunity for the offense, but increases the chance of a shooting foul.

If you tapped it with a normal amount of pressure, you'd do a lighter, less aggressive block, but you'd be less likely to foul.

-Allow the editing of Freestyle moves. I find that some centers have freestyle moves that may be useful for guards/forwards, but I can't allow them to do it without lowering their handling ratings (I believe). Editing freestyle moves would get rid of this problem.

-Allow for manual celebrations after a play. The upside? It can rile up a home crowd and hype up teammates, or silence a road audience and affect the status of your opponent, which gives you more momentum. The downside? You can be teched for excessive celebration or hanging on the rim.

-Allow for manual arguments of calls. If you actually have a case, maybe the referee will give you the call in the same situation later (when, if you hadn't confronted him, he wouldn't have). However, like the above, you are able to be called for a technical foul or even thrown from a game.

Also, star players should have more ability to sway the refs their way by confronting them than less notable players. It's all risk-reward. You can use your number one player to argue a call, but he may get ejected. The decision is there.

-When one calls a play, provide the player with a handy arrow or something of the sort to direct him as to where the ball should be at a given time. He doesn't have to follow the reminder, but it'd be handy to actually execute a play like they would in the NBA.

I hope people like these suggestions; I'll likely be adding many more as time goes on.
Last edited by Ray AP19 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray AP19

Postby Fitzy on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:29 pm

how can you make one when 07 hasnt been released yet
Fitzy

Postby Ray AP19 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:32 pm

Should I make an 07 wishlist? No.
Ray AP19

Postby Chris. on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:56 pm

In that case I say you wait for 07 to be released then make a 08 wishlist beacause its pointless to wish for things to be in 08 when they might already be in 07
Chris.

Postby Ray AP19 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:12 am

I doubt they will, though.
Ray AP19

Postby Fitzy on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:11 pm

well just wait
Fitzy

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:22 pm

Team and Player Chemistry is in NBA Live 07 from what we've seen so far.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ray AP19 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:25 pm

Ah, that's cool, then. I'll edit my post.
Ray AP19

Postby HtownBallaADL on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:35 pm

I LOVE your ideas about the blocking and i like the ideas about the celebrations and the arguments.......although everybody else is right, this is too early to be making a live 08 wishlist, especially since 07 hasnt been released...........
HtownBallaADL

Re: Since Live 07's was submitted, here's my Live 08 wishlis

Postby Craig on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:36 pm

I do agree that we should talk about this after we all sick of some bugs of 07, but I do like some of your ideas.
I think it’s not a crime we just talk about it.

Ray AP19 wrote:-An option to play 1-on-1, 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 against the CPU in the Xbox 360's practice court.

It’d been mentioned every year, but since like it will not in 07 either.
I think it’s very easy for EA to create this feature, the main reason they don’t do it might be NBA LIVE’s Principle---“NBA LIVE doesn’t import anything or any mode that doesn’t belong to Real NBA!”
However, I believe they can make a “Multiple Practice Mode” or something…for us?

Ray AP19 wrote:-(More) custom moves for players. I'm not sure if I noticed any in 2006 (I think I saw LeBron's signature dunk as well as some Josh Smith exclusives), but some moves like Jason Kidd's off-the-glass alley-oop or Nash's sly dimes would be cool.

-Allow the editing of Freestyle moves. I find that some centers have freestyle moves that may be useful for guards/forwards, but I can't allow them to do it without lowering their handling ratings (I believe). Editing freestyle moves would get rid of this problem.

I believe we’ll be able to edit FSS moves this year, but I got your point. EA should continue to develop more signature moves for individual player, don’t concentrate on adding bunch FSS moves to POWER players or SHOOTERS.
As we see they have lots signature jumpshot this year, just keep on the good work EA!

Ray AP19 wrote:--Make the block button pressure-sensitive. I don't know if I'm alone, but I find myself jumping prematurely a lot during a game, because, unlike real life, you can't stop yourself once you hit the block button. But if it were pressure-sensitive, you could start to press it but stop yourself once you realize it's a pump fake or whatever, and your man will only lift his arms and maybe jump forward slightly, but won't commit fully to the block.

Also, if you pressed it with all your might, you'd be able to do a powerful block with the likes of Josh Smith, Ben Wallace, etc., which disallows an immediate second-chance opportunity for the offense, but increases the chance of a shooting foul.

If you tapped it with a normal amount of pressure, you'd do a lighter, less aggressive block, but you'd be less likely to foul.

THE BLOCK ONE IS A GREAT IDEA, MAN!! I believe if someone in EA sees this, they will definitely import this new feature in 08 and use this as their new selling point like…“Total Freestyle Defender Control” or something…

Ray AP19 wrote:--Allow for manual arguments of calls. If you actually have a case, maybe the referee will give you the call in the same situation later (when, if you hadn't confronted him, he wouldn't have). However, like the above, you are able to be called for a technical foul or even thrown from a game.
Also, star players should have more ability to sway the refs their way by confronting them than less notable players. It's all risk-reward. You can use your number one player to argue a call, but he may get ejected. The decision is there.

This concept is good (as long as nobody talk about the FIGHT crap…that’s really out of topic) Since “Foul” is also a big element of a NBA game.
In order to go with the ability of “augument”, I think they should make the “Intention Foul” button Pressure-Sensitive, too. When you tap the button gently, your player will pull or push the opponent lightly (which will effect their balance), however, usually no foul will be called (unless it’s in a Playoff Game 7).
If Iverson is on the fast break the only way you can stop him is tap the button to pull him, press the button too hard will definitely caused a flagrant foul or tech foul.
But if it’s SHAQ under the basket, you have to press the button harder to commit the foul and stop the SHAQ Attack.
But if you are using an average weight player like Kobe got pushed and lose the ball, you are really mad because referee didn’t call the foul, now is your time to use the argument button. The computer will evaluate the situation (home court, intensity, how hard was the foul…etc) to decide if they will make up to you or call a tech foul.

Ray AP19 wrote:-Allow for manual celebrations after a play. The upside? It can rile up a home crowd and hype up teammates, or silence a road audience and affect the status of your opponent, which gives you more momentum. The downside? You can be teched for excessive celebration or hanging on the rim.

I think some animation are bad enough, let’s just prevent EA make it worse.

Ray AP19 wrote:-When one calls a play, provide the player with a handy arrow or something of the sort to direct him as to where the ball should be at a given time. He doesn't have to follow the reminder, but it'd be handy to actually execute a play like they would in the NBA.

I hope people like these suggestions; I'll likely be adding many more as time goes on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can get what you want when you press “R3” button after you call a play. The computer will show a red circle where the ball-handler should go, and a star who you should pass to execute the play, just try it?
I am looking forward to the day that NBA Live would become playable again...
Craig

Return to NBA Live 08