NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER

Postby MikeolGiordan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:48 am

I recently got this game for no reason and I tried using my Xbox One Controller, it doesn't work. Is there any fix? There doesn't seem to be any guide to fix. Thanks
MikeolGiordan

Re: NEED HELP WITH CONTROLLER

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 am

Strange. I'm able to use a PS4 controller without any issues, so an X1 controller should be fine. It won't be recognised by the game by name, but you should be able to configure it and save the custom configuration.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MikeolGiordan on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:38 am

I've been able to change buttons and such, but when I actually load into a game, the controller doesn't work. Even when I change the keybinds and load into a game, it just changes it back to normal and I can't use my controller.
MikeolGiordan

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 am

I'm not sure what to suggest. Are you using any kind of joystick emulation software? It shouldn't be necessary.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MikeolGiordan on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

Nope, not using anything like that. It's like when I actually load into a game, the resolution changes and everything I've changed gets reversed
MikeolGiordan

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:53 am

Where did you get the game? Just a heads up that we only support legal copies in this community, and if it's a pirated version, chances are screwy things will happen. The menus are a lower resolution though, so depending on what exactly is happening there, that could be the normal switching from the menu resolution to whatever setting you've got for gameplay.

If it's a legal copy, then yeah, that's weird. I haven't ever had any issues like that, either with my Logitech Dual Analog gamepad, or when I've tried out a PS4 controller. I'd assume an X1 controller wouldn't have any issues either, being a Microsoft device after all.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MikeolGiordan on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 pm

I bought the game off of amazon, I'll try using my ps4 controller I guess.
MikeolGiordan

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:06 pm

In that case, I'm stumped. As I said, the changing resolution is normal because the menu is locked to a lower resolution than what can be set for gameplay, but the controller should work fine, especially if you're not using any other apps that govern gamepad and controller settings. If I can think of anything else I'll post it, otherwise if there are any other details that you can pass along that might offer some clues, feel free to share them and I'll mull them over.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am

MikeolGiordan wrote:I've been able to change buttons and such, but when I actually load into a game, the controller doesn't work. Even when I change the keybinds and load into a game, it just changes it back to normal and I can't use my controller.

This happened to me as well.

I switched to a wired xbox 360 controller and it works perfectly. I have one of the Rock Candy ones that I got for $15.

All I have to do is switch the controller configuration in game to xbox 360 controller in game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 08