Online Mode??

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Online Mode??

Postby mervie16 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Anyone here who knows if the online mode of 08 is still on??
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Re: Online Mode??

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 pm

EASO support ended years ago.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Re: Online Mode??

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:50 am

Adding to what Andrew said, you may organize a matchup between another person with other means. I've successfully had "online" matches using software such as hamachi. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LogMeIn_Hamachi

Not only with this game series, but with others (e.g. Battlefield 2, Conflict Global Storm etc) for cooperative play. I've played Live 03 and 08 via hamachi before.

I haven't had any problems, but I've read the port-forwarding technique among other things the application uses aren't right for everyone. I'm fortunate enough to not have to change really anything.

You'll need to find someone to play that you know has the game (preferably with the same mods, sync irrc is important), whether it's someone from the NLSC community or not is your own decision.

My process is already setup, but I start and "power on" hamachi on both my end and my partner/opponent's end. Done.

Without already being setup you start hamachi, and either "create a new network," or "join an existing network." Creating a new network will prompt you for networkID, password, confirm password. Fill those in, and then be sure your buddy knows the networkID and password.

The program will connect and show a green dot for both you, and your buddy if all goes well. From there you'll both start a game with multiplayer/cooperative play features.

In nba live 08 you will proceed as if EASO actually works, but you'll connect with a direct IP address (something like LAN). I don't remember the exact menu appearance, but there should be something referring to LAN, or direct IP connect. That is what you want.

I hope this helps.
Cpt(K)

Return to NBA Live 08