Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [12-13] New Vids and Game Recaps!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Which trade do you think would benefit my team?

57%
No votes
No votes
29%
14%

Total votes : 7

Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [12-13] New Vids and Game Recaps!

Postby Kevin on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:02 pm

MyLEAGUE Settings

Setup
Season Length - 82 games
Playoffs- 7 Games
Fantasy Draft - No
Customize League - No
Salary Cap - On
Hard Cap – On
Hard Cap Value – 110
Trade Logic - On
Trade Deadline - On
Financial Trade Rules - On
Trade Override - Off
CPU Trade Offers - On
CPU-CPU Trades - On

General
Quarter Length - 10 min
Sim Quarter - 12 min
Injuries - On
Progressive Fatigue - On
Team Chemistry - Off
Lineup Management - Manual
Prospect Scouting - Automatic

Difficulty Settings
Game Difficulty – All-Star
Simulator Difficulty - 55
Trade Negotiation Difficulty - 55
Contract Negotiation Difficulty - 55
CPU Re-Signing Aggressiveness - 55
Morale Difficulty - 40
Morale Effect - 45
Chemistry Difficulty - 50
Chemistry Effects - 50
Trade Frequency - 52
Blockbuster Trade Frequency - 40
CPU Injury Frequency - 50
User Injury Frequency - 50
Career-Ending Injury Frequency - 30
User Injury Effects - 50
CPU Injury Effects - 50
Draft Class Quality - 50
Player Progression Rate - 52
In Season Training Effects - 55
Player Non-Financial Ambitions Factor - 55
Normalize Played to Sim Minutes - On

Credits to Jumpman14 from OS. I copied the way he did the Settings.
Last edited by Kevin on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)

2014-2015 Season Team Roster

Starters
ImageImageImageImageImage

Point Guard: Jeremy Lin | 6-3, 200 lbs
Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant | 6-6, 212 lbs
Small Forward: Terrence Ross | 6-7, 195 lbs
Power Forward: Julius Randle | 6-9, 250 lbs
Center: Ed Davis | 6-10, 240 lbs

Bench
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
F| Nick Young | 6-7, 210 lbs
F | Carlos Boozer | 6-9, 258 lbs
F | Wesley Johnson | 6-7, 215 lbs
G | Steve Nash | 6-3, 180 lbs
G | Wayne Ellington | 6-4, 200 lbs
G | Ronnie Price | 6-2, 190 lbs
C | Chuck Hayes | 6-6, 240 lbs
F | Ryan Kelly | 6-11, 230 lbs

Last edited by Kevin on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

TRANSACTIONS

Lakers-Raptors Trade
Last edited by Kevin on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:20 pm

VIDEOS

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Kevin on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Bryant's shot lift Lakers past Rockets; 116-114

[Box Score] [Team Comparison]

In the first quarter, the Rockets looked sharp as they shot 56% while destroying the Lakers down in the post and draining perimeter shots as well. Beverley was their anchor defensively as the Rockets went on a 10-0 run to cap off the 1st quarter.

In the 2nd quarter, all hell broke loose after Rockets Guard Patrick Beverley attempted to shoot an uncontested three-pointer. Beverley landed awkwardly on the floor while clutching his ankle. He was later helped by his teammates and left the game afterwards with reports saying that he suffered an Ankle Sprain.

Beverley’s absence in the defensive side of the court was abused by the Lakers. Bryant, who was shooting 2-8 at that time, made James Harden pay as he posted 8 straight points against the Rockets after Beverley’s injury. Bryant finished the half with 19 points.

3rd quarter came and the Rockets looked determined to finish off the Lakers. Dwight Howard was pulling every rebound and Harden was knocking down his usual shot along with Ariza.

The Los Angeles Lakers ended their first game of the season with a thriller. With only 7.6s remaining in the game, the ball was inbounded by Lin to Bryant. Bryant posted up Harden then put up a game-winning fade away shot with only 0.7s remaining. The game ended with Kobe scoring 37 points and grabbing 7 rebounds.

Dwight Howard of the Houston Rockets was booed by the fans every time he was in the line. Howard shot 3 of his 8 attempts and had 19 points and 14 rebounds while James Harden had 24 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists.

(Photo: Patrick Beverley was helped up by his teammates)

(Photo: Bryant shoots the game-winning fade away shot.)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| Bryant's shot lift Lakers past Rockets

Postby Cruzerr on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:27 am

Big game by Kobe, saving you there.

Good luck, dude!
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| Bryant's shot lift Lakers past Rockets

Postby Kevin on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Cruzerr wrote:Big game by Kobe, saving you there.

Good luck, dude!
Thanks man! :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Next Matchup:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Phil89 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Kobe being Kobe (Y)

Are you going to go "all-in" for the couple of seasons until Kobe retires and try get him another ring?
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kevin on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Phil89 wrote:Kobe being Kobe (Y)

Are you going to go "all-in" for the couple of seasons until Kobe retires and try get him another ring?
Yep! What I want to do for the Lakers right now is to make Kobe stay with us for the remainder of his career and at the same time, rebuild the team around him to try and get him his final ring.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Bryant misses shot, Lakers lose to Suns; 104-107

The Phoenix Suns won a very tight game against the Lakers on their 1st game of the season. Phoenix was down by 12 points in almost all of the 2nd half but they were able to rally using their Bledsoe-Plumlee combo down low where they outscored the Lakers 70 to 52.
With 14s remaining in the game, Bledsoe passed the ball to Plumlee but was blocked by Wesley Johnson and was sent back to Gerald Green who shot the three-pointer that won the game with 6.8s remaining. Kobe was the one who took the last shot for the Lakers but ended up missing the game-tying shot.

Miles Plumlee was named as the Player of the Game, as he led the Suns with 20 points, while pulling down 15 boards. Eric Bledsoe also looked sharp in his first game for the Suns, as he had 22 points while dishing out 4 assists.

As for the Lakers, they let Kobe do his thing as Kobe ran their offense and finished with 44 points, a season high for him, 5 rebounds and 6 assists. Jordan Hill was also dominant in the paint. Hill finished with a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Lin, who sprained his ankle later in the fourth quarter, almost had a double-double with 8 points and 10 assists.
The Lakers are now 1-1 and the Suns got their first win of the season which makes them 1-0.

(Photo: E. Bledsoe (2) and J. Hill (21) fights for the rebound as time expired.)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| Bryant misses shot, Lakers lose to Suns

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Going to simulate some games. Will post the recaps and results later.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| Recaps of 8 Simulated Games! [3-7]

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Kobe’s hot shooting propel Lakers past Clippers; 114-94

Kobe Bryant scored 35 points in 68% shooting as he carried the Lakers to victory versus their inter-city rival, the Los Angeles Clippers. Julius Randle added 17 points and 9 rebounds while Boozer registered a double-double, 10 points and 13 rebounds.

While the Lakers were shooting at all cylinders, the Clippers struggled in the field. Blake Griffin, who is averaging 18 points per game in the NBA, only made 10 shots in 4 of 15 attempts. Notably, Chris Paul and Matt Barnes also struggled shooting the ball as they combined for 29 shot attempts and only 9 makes.

Warriors’ streaky shooting hammered down Lakers; 89-126

The Golden State Warriors started the game with 4 straight three-pointers, 2 of them from Curry and the other two are from Thompson and Green. Warriors slowed down a bit in the 2nd quarter where the Lakers cut the lead to 6 after the end of the 1st half. In the 2nd half, the Warriors dominated every aspect of the game, whether its defense or offense.

Defensively, they did many great things and one of it is stopping Bryant. Warriors Guard, Klay Thompson, held Bryant to 4-15 shooting as Kobe finished with his season-low 8 points. They also forced the Lakers to shoot 38% in the field and 33% behind the arc.

Offensively, the Warriors shared the ball frequently and efficiently as Stephen Curry finished with 37 points while dishing out 9 assists. Thompson tallied 28 points and 7 rebounds.

Suns burn Lakers; 77-91

The Los Angeles Lakers didn’t have an answer to the Phoenix Suns’ perennial defense. Phoenix held the entire Lakers team to 34% shooting in the field as they took the 2nd half by storm. The Lakers were plagued by bad possessions as they turned the ball over 18 times.

Bryant shot 33% and finished with 17 point and 7 assists. Nick Young added 9 points in 2 of 12 shooting, paired with 2 turnovers. Only two players in the entire Lakers team scored in double digits, Bryant and Hill. Meanwhile for the Suns, 4 of their starting five scored in double digits while shooting above 50%. Bledsoe paved the way for the Suns as he scored 19 points, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists.

Walker’s 30 enough to silence Lakers; 97-112

Kemba Walker of the Charlotte Hornets started the game strong and finished it with style. Walker scored his 18 points in the 1st quarter alone where he was unstoppable and was unfazed by Jeremy Lin’s defensive efforts. In the 2nd quarter, another player from the Charlotte Hornets got the spotlight. Lance Stephenson, who was quiet the whole first quarter, scored 14 points. Bryant tried to rally his team and put up a run but Bismack Biyombo’s efforts crushed the Lakers’ plan to pieces.

Kobe finished with 27 points and Young added 16 off the bench.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| Recaps of 8 Simulated Games! [3-7]

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Gasol’s skyhook wins it for the Grizzlies; 103-107

With only 11s remaining in the shot clock, Conley passed it to Gasol who then posted up Bryant and shot the skyhook with 6.2s in the game. Bryant attempted a quick three-pointer but clunked off the rim and was caught by Lin who also shot a three-pointer but missed. Vince Carter grabbed the rebound and was fouled by Jordan Hill who fouled out after. Carter made the two shots and closed the game.

Young had 25 points and Kobe added 16. For the Grizzlies, Gasol had 19 points and 7 rebounds while Randolph tallied a double-double, 18 points and 11 rebounds.

Lakers ride Bryant, snaps 4 game losing streak against Pelicans; 115-99

The Lakers struggled in the first half as they were downed by the Pelicans with 11 points. The Pelicans’ Davis-Asik combo dominated the glass in the 1st quarter. They were pulling down almost every rebound and was putting it back to the basket as they scored 10 points in second chance points in the 1st quarter only.

In the 2nd quarter, Kobe happened. Bryant, who was silent in the 1st quarter, put up 12 straight points for the Lakers that sparked their 16-0 run. After the end of the 2nd quarter, it was all Lakers. Everybody was very comfortable shooting the ball and almost everyone contributed.

Bryant finished with 31 points and 8 assists in 12 of 17 shooting. Jeremy Lin finally contributed to the Lakers as he had 12 points and 12 assists.

Spurs’ late rally stun Lakers; 92-89

The game looked like it was over for the San Antonio Spurs but a quick three-pointer fired by Tony Parker was enough to spark an 8 to nothing run. The Lakers’ defense were not enough as they were pounded by Parker in the paint with his double-clutch layups. The game ended with Kobe Bryant again missing the game-tying three-pointer to record a 0-3 shooting behind the arc.

Parker had 27 points while Splitter, who was recovering from an ankle injury, scored 18 and pulled down 8 boards. Meanwhile for the Lakers, Bryant had a team-best 17 points in 6 of 14 shooting, while Young added 13.

Warriors snap their losing streak, Lakers lose 2nd straight; 92-103

The Golden State Warriors played without their All-Star Guard, Stephen Curry for the 3rd straight time because of an ankle sprain. Klay Thompson carried the load for the Warriors as he played for 41 minutes and scored 22 points and 8 assists while Iguodala had 21 points.

The Lakers were once again experiencing droughts in scoring. Kobe had 20 points and shot nothing beyond the arc, going 0 out of 6. Young and Lin had 13 points each while shooting gravely in the field.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [3-7] TRADE POLL! NEED FEEDBACKS ASAP

Postby Kevin on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:13 pm

So, I've played 10 games this season so far and the urge to trade somebody in my team is damn high. If you were a GM, which of these trades would you want to make? Be realistic here. Just pick the corresponding number :wink:

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [3-7] TRADE POLL! NEED FEEDBACKS ASAP

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:So, I've played 10 games this season so far and the urge to trade somebody in my team is damn high.

I hate it when that happens. I'm doing my best not to make a trade in my Sixers game atm :lol:

If I was the GM I'd go for trade number 1. Terrence Ross is the most exciting player out of that lot for me. Plus he could be the long-term replacement for Kobe.

I guess it really depends what you want to get out of the trade.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kevin on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm completely torn between the Ross trade and the Gortat trade. Gortat seems to be the guy you want to have on your team if you wanted to win but just looking at his contract makes me want to :cry: . But if I pick Ross up, I would lose almost nothing since I still have Randle and Davis that can play C. Ugh... decisions..
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:58 am

IMO, I wouldn't deal Hill as he's one of favourite big men. But, since the urge is too damn high! I'd go with Ross. He would make a great "replacement" for Kobe once he retires. Gortat's contract is a big no for me. As you said, you still have Randle and Davis who have a nice future ahead.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:11 am

Ezio Auditore wrote:IMO, I wouldn't deal Hill as he's one of favourite big men. But, since the urge is too damn high! I'd go with Ross. He would make a great "replacement" for Kobe once he retires. Gortat's contract is a big no for me. As you said, you still have Randle and Davis who have a nice future ahead.
It's settled then. Although I think I might get somebody other than Hayes. I need a guard.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby TarantadongPinoy on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:16 am

Well since you said you wanted a legit point guard, I picked Trade #5. You get Andersen and Cole!
TarantadongPinoy

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:18 am

TarantadongPinoy wrote:Well since you said you wanted a legit point guard, I picked Trade #5. You get Andersen and Cole!
I think I'm good with the Ross trade. I need a slasher. Lin and Kobe gets pummeled everytime in the paint.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [3-7] Ross-Hill Trade

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:08 am

Raptors trade Ross and Hayes, gets Hill and Clarkson in return

Toronto Raptors’ Sixth Man, Terrence Ross, was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers along with backup center, Chuck Hayes, for the rookie Jordan Clarkson and Center Jordan Hill. The deal was finalized on Sunday, November 16.

When Ross was asked what he felt like being traded, the swingman meagerly replied, “I’m alright. It’s just that I’m leaving everything that I have here in Toronto but I'm okay with the move. I understand the league, it’s business here.”

Ross was also offered the starting role in Laker Land as the Small Forward for the team, replacing Wesley Johnson. Ross will debut on Tuesday against the Hawks.

Last edited by Kevin on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [3-7] Ross-Hill Trade

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Nash announces retirement after the Season

The 40-year-old is in the final season of his contract and has suggested in the past that he would retire after the season.

Nash is one of 12 players to have won at least two NBA MVPs, taking the honors in 2004-05 and 2005-06. He has career averages of 14.3 points and 8.5 assists a game, shooting 49.0% from the field, 42.8% on three-pointers and 90.4% on free throws, the best mark in NBA history. Nash also has 10,335 assists, third-most in NBA history behind John Stockton and Jason Kidd.

But for the Lakers, back and nerve ailments have limited him to 65 games and averages 11.4 points and 6.4 assists over the past two seasons.

"As disappointed as we are for ourselves and our fans, we're even more disappointed for Steve," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said. "We know how hard he's worked the last two years to try to get his body right for the rigors of the NBA, and how badly he wants to play, but unfortunately he simply hasn't been able to get there up to this point in time. Steve has been a consummate professional, and we greatly appreciate his efforts."

The 2012 offseason dream of Nash and fellow former MVP Kobe Bryant healthy and forming an elite backcourt never came to fruition. Nash joined the Lakers alongside Dwight Howard, but that Lakers team struggled early and ended up being swept out of the first round of the 2013 playoffs by the San Antonio Spurs.

-USAToday

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [3-7] Ross-Hill Trade + News on Nash

Postby Gilchrist74 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks God for Nash! Retool the team somehow (offseason, and any decent trade) and go for championship in Kobe's last year, probably.
Gilchrist74

Re: Los Angeles Lakers MyLeague (Franchise)| [3-7] Ross-Hill Trade + News on Nash

Postby Kevin on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Gilchrist74 wrote:Thanks God for Nash! Retool the team somehow (offseason, and any decent trade) and go for championship in Kobe's last year, probably.
+1 :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood